And yet more idiots at sporting events

austenwithane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Guy runs on the field during Phillies-Cardinals game last night and pays the inevitable price.

Inevitable.jpg

that's how they handle that now? a little excessive if you ask me... but that one coach did get stabbed so.

why am I not shocked that asshole is from Philly? their fans are the scum of the sports world.

Did he think the slightly overweight police officer (being really kind here) was going to chase him all night?

Someone will sue, and it'll be in the news for a while. All over a stupid decision, made only worse by the fact that he actually called his dad to tell him he was doing it.

Eh - for all the Philly bashers, this kind of shit happens everywhere - last season cops tased a guy at an A's game for being drunk, beligerent and violent in the stadium.

Don't forget the Cubs fan who threw a beer in the face of a player trying to catch a ball in center field last year and the father and son in Kansas City who beat down the ump a few years back plus any other number of cases.

It's easy to pick on Philly though because they threw snowballs at Santa 40 years ago...

[quote name='austenwithane']Eh - for all the Philly bashers, this kind of shit happens everywhere - last season cops tased a guy at an A's game for being drunk, beligerent and violent in the stadium.

Don't forget the Cubs fan who threw a beer in the face of a player trying to catch a ball in center field last year and the father and son in Kansas City who beat down the ump a few years back plus any other number of cases.

It's easy to pick on Philly though because they threw snowballs at Santa 40 years ago...[/QUOTE]

this is every fucking philly sport's fans response... and it doesn't fly bro..

Philly Fans are the fucking scum of the sports world.. hands down, point blank period. it's not even close.

The funniest thing is the same people who try to rationalize how Philly fans are the same as everywhere else, are the same ones who yell "This is what happens when you come to our house" while wasted at the event.

A bunch of cheese-steak eating overweight assholes.

[quote name='DestroVega']this is every fucking philly sport's fans response... and it doesn't fly bro..

Philly Fans are the fucking scum of the sports world.. hands down, point blank period. it's not even close.

The funniest thing is the same people who try to rationalize how Philly fans are the same as everywhere else, are the same ones who yell "This is what happens when you come to our house" while wasted at the event.

A bunch of cheese-steak eating overweight assholes.[/QUOTE]

So true. They fucking booed a player (Michael Irvin iirc) while he was being carried away because he suffered a neck injury. Simply classless.

[quote name='TheRock88']So true. They fucking booed a player (Michael Irvin iirc) while he was being carried away because he suffered a neck injury.[/QUOTE]

that's a tame example... I'm gonna post this video, notice that these fans did not provoke the Eagles fans in ANY WAY...

A Philly's fan response was "This happens everywhere" and "You ever been in a snowball fight?..what's the problem here?" seriously. They even keep hammering the guy who works in the stadium!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTICs6WlAbE

Didn't a Phillies fan purposely vomit on an 11 year old girl because her dad asked them to watch their language around the kids about 2 weeks ago ?

They probably did that kid a favor by *not* catching him and having to wrestle him into submission. He may have gotten hurt ! At least tased, he couldn't resist.

(Like the team. Hate the fans)

I was considering running out on a ballpark field someday but now that security whips out their 50,000 volt tasers if you so much as cough, I think I'll rethink that....

Im a Philly fan as are all of my friends and none are like this. Your response proves that youre more of an asshole than any Philly fan I know.
[quote name='DestroVega']this is every fucking philly sport's fans response... and it doesn't fly bro..

[quote name='austenwithane']Im a Philly fan as are all of my friends and none are like this. Your response proves that youre more of an asshole than any Philly fan I know.[/QUOTE]

I'm an Eagles fan and I gotta say that Philly fans at their home stadium are pretty rough compared to other places. I definitely would never go to an Eagles game wearing opposing colors.

Lawsuit for what, unless he's disable or something now, he basically broke the law, and they are charging him with criminal trespassing and some other stuff. And yea, to people defending Philly fans, no, it's not all of them that are assholes, but enough of them are and it makes you guys as a whole look bad. They didn't earn that rep overnight, maybe if you guys want to change it, then stop being assholes and vomiting on people and doing other stupid shit.

Lawsuit for excessive force. At no time was anyone in any physical danger nor was he threatening anyone. I don't condone him running onto the field, but I don't condone whipping out the taser unless there was conceivably no other way to stop him.

Who goes to watch baseball any more? Yeah... I know.

[quote name='JJSP']Best part is that he's 17. Lawsuit incoming![/QUOTE]

If he's doing something that stupid I don't think he knows about that... Although his dumbass still deserves to be tazered.

The cop was under no imminent threat of being harmed so, by law, he should not have fired his taser. The kid can't run forever. The fat cop, (who is on the field why?), knew his ass wouldn't be able to catch him so he tasers the kid so he can stop running. It's BS. The more stuff like this is allowed, the closer to a police state we get. People do funny stuff like running on the field all the time. It's part of the fun of the game. Plus, how boring is a live baseball game anyhow?

Oh, and I think DestroVega is just redirecting his disappointment that CT offers absolutely no contribution to the world of major sports whatsoever. It's OK, we understand.

So... the above wouldn't have happened if the "fat" cop didn't taze the stupid ass fan and wouldn't end up like this?? Not to mention do you know how long a baseball game is? People don't have time to be entertained it's cutting into their nap while people in pajamas stand in a middle of a field...

Baseball would be half watchable if they took the seventh inning stretch time to tazer random fans. Well at least the highlights would be watchable. The baseball part still intolerable.

[quote name='austenwithane']Eh - for all the Philly bashers, this kind of shit happens everywhere - last season cops tased a guy at an A's game for being drunk, beligerent and violent in the stadium.

It's easy to pick on Philly though because they threw snowballs at Santa 40 years ago...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but come on man, we booed Donovan McNabb on Draft Day! I kid, the national media / people are there tired and trite cliches are so ridiculous. We sure are the scum of the earth :roll:

I like how the above poster provided examples, and you call us cheese-steak eating overweight assholes.

For those of you that don't know / jump to conclusions, this isn't even the first time this has happened. First time on the field, yes, but it happened to subdue a fan in the stands last year at an Oakland game (which, in my eyes, is much more of an injustice).

*waits for someone to say "Is anyone surprised that happened in Oakland though? That place is a hell-hole" or something similar*

[quote name='shieryda']Before you know it, the cops will start tazing the players. Remember that one who tried to kill the Queen of England?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Reggie Jackson sure was an asshole that day.

And not all Philly fans are jerks, just some.

Fans running on the field is good fun. It's just a goofy Cory Mathews thing. Not like some skin head in boots trotting his way towards the diamond to stab someone. The fat is is fat and that's why he took the easy way out.

He deserved it. End of story. They could of shot him in the knees for all I care. The best part of the story? He called his dad before hand to ask for his permission, his dad said no, he did it anyway, and know the dad is defending him.

And Philly fans are notorious for being some of the meanest fans in sports. Trust me I know. Our sports teams have faced off in the NFC Championship in 02, Eastern Conference Finals in 04 and the World Series in 08. My moms dad is a Philly fan. I'll never forget the Philly fans taunting Joe Jurevicius the week after his infant son died and then Joe busting off an 80+ yard run and catch.

[quote name='slickkill77']. I'll never forget the Philly fans taunting Joe Jurevicius the week after his infant son died[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. What the fuck is wrong with humans?

[quote name='shieryda']That's messed up. What the fuck is wrong with humans?[/QUOTE]

4chan is a good place to start though I enjoy that site for it's heinous fun

[quote name='JJSP']Lawsuit for excessive force. At no time was anyone in any physical danger nor was he threatening anyone. I don't condone him running onto the field, but I don't condone whipping out the taser unless there was conceivably no other way to stop him.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I personally think Ryan Howard should have clothes lined him and Dobbs could have dropped the elbow.

Seriously. Theyre making $20 million a year, make them earn it by chasing down fans every now and then.

[quote name='JJSP']Seriously. Theyre making $20 million a year, make them earn it by chasing down fans every now and then.[/QUOTE]

They could use those big-ass inflatable bats for beatings, if they are worried about safety. And foam fingers.

[quote name='slickkill77'] I'll never forget the Philly fans taunting Joe Jurevicius the week after his infant son died and then Joe busting off an 80+ yard run and catch.[/QUOTE]

Link please? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one because I know you're a decent dude and don't thread-crap, but I have lived Philly sports since '85 and this doesn't even ring the slightest of bells.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Link please? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one because I know you're a decent dude and don't thread-crap, but I have lived Philly sports since '85 and this doesn't even ring the slightest of bells.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't something I read it was something I remember watching during the NFC Championship game. His son was actually born premature 5 days before the game and then died in March. There was a lot of discussion about whether or not he would even be able to play in it. So I didn't mean to put he died since he wasn't yet dead just prematurely born.

OK well I found the story:
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/09/14/Bucs/Eagles_fans_reach_the.shtml

"On Tuesday, during his regular weekly radio show, Joe Jurevicius related comments made to him during pregame warmups for Monday's game between the Bucs and Eagles. Philadelphia fans were yelling at Joe, "Where is your son" and "How's your son?""

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that it was a fan or two giving us a bad name. Much like the dumbass puker from a few weeks ago.

I still think that is a broad and ignorant generalization to think that all fans are like that. Just like I don't call all White Sox fans trashy pieces of shit because of them beating up the Royals 1B coach and I don't think all St. Louis fans are "morans".

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Don't worry about it Jimbo - people who generalize Philly sports fans like that are most likely uninformed bigots. They probably believe things like all New Yorkers are rude, everyone in San Fran is gay and everyone from Los Angeles is fake and superficial.

I am a proud Philly sports fan, I go to a dozen or more Phillies games per year and short of the idiot running on the field (which honestly happens everywhere and is just an example of general stupidity rather than bad fandom) the worst I have ever experienced in person was a couple of guys (one Phillies fan, one Mets fan) yelling fuck you at each other and of course anytime anything like this happens the ratings whores at ESPN lap it up. I don't agree with this especially because there were kids around - but what they don't show on ESPN is the rest of the people in my section telling the guy to sit down and shut up and the ushers coming over and taking care of it.

The Phillies are going to draw close to 3 million in attendance this year - any time you get 3 million people in one place you're guaranteed to have a few idiots show up. But, since it's Philly it's an OMG moment EVERY time because hey... they threw snowballs at Santa 50 years ago.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I guess that it was a fan or two giving us a bad name. Much like the dumbass puker from a few weeks ago.

I still think that is a broad and ignorant generalization to think that all fans are like that. Just like I don't call all White Sox fans trashy pieces of shit because of them beating up the Royals 1B coach and I don't think all St. Louis fans are "morans".

get-a-brain-morans.jpg
[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back