Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you happen to know if these are just Archie comics, or do they include other stuff from the publisher like Mega Man or Sonic?

Edit: I found out they are included! Those comics are great. Everyone who likes those series should check them out.
I spent many hours of my childhood reading those Archie digests that you could buy at the grocery store. I will definitely download the app on my Android devices.

Keep us posted on how that Lenovo tablet is for you, eager to hear more opinions.
The one from bestbuy the a10-70 or whatever? its been decent for me so far, a step up from my nexus 7 2014 that I had previously...battery life seems good so far but I haven't used it a whole lot. I'm going on a road trip next week so I'll have a better idea of how it functions then.

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12795782" timestamp="1436583629"]spanky cruise to autism town[/quote]
Ah, so both of them then. Punch Tebow's computer for me and send me a pic of you, MysterD and his 12" Ezio doll.
Kthx

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12795785" timestamp="1436583920"]I think when he plays with the 12" Ezio doll only the feet are visible.[/quote]
That's the unreleased AC Brotherhood DLC: Ezio and the Hershey Highway.

giphy.gif

Fleksy Keyboard is now free. It used to be $1.99. It was a former FAOTD on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NG4K8UO/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syntellia.fleksy.keyboard

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fleksy-keyboard-gifs-stickers/id520337246?mt=8

To thank everyone that previously showed the love by purchasing our app, we’ll be offering brand new themes and extension slots worth $8 for FREE as a gift. And for those of you that enjoy the option of upgrading your keyboard, we’ll continue to provide premium content via in-app purchases.
http://fleksy.com/fleksy-keyboard-goes-free-forever-plus-launches-an-improved-gif-and-sticker-content-page/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hbo.hbonow&hl=en

HBO NOW available on google play with 30 day trial. now i can watch all the episodes of Real Sex for free for 30 days.
Nice! I wonder if it will work via my Roku. I know there is a channel for it on there.

https://order.hbonow.com/

Showtime also has a streaming service. There's a free month trial as well.

http://www.sho.com/sho/order/5/ott

I don't know if it works through Android yet though. It is available on Roku, Apple Devices, Playstation Vue or Hulu Plus.

I'm pretty sure I talk up the Sago apps each time they come up.  Great apps for kids in the 2-4 range.  Nonthreatening with lots to explore and do, my little guy keeps coming back to them when he has time on his tablet. 

Kindle for Samsung

Samsung customers get a free book every month with the exclusive Samsung Book Deals.

Q: How do I get my free book every month with Samsung Book Deals?

A: Follow these steps:
  • 1. Click on Get Started in your Kindle for Samsung app
  • 2. Sign in to Samsung Book Deals either with your existing Samsung account or create a new one
  • 3. Choose one of four books from a range of genres
  • 4. Come back next month for the next release

Kindle for Samsung

Samsung customers get a free book every month with the exclusive Samsung Book Deals.
Is this the same thing as Kindle First for Prime members where they let you choose 1 of 4 new release books a month early?

Edit:

Answer: This is separate from Kindle First. Kindle First gives you 1 of 4 new release books a month before they release, presumably to get some good reviews in place prior to the book going on sale. With Samsung Book Deals, all the 4 (at least for July) are older books and distinct from the Kindle First books of the month. Basically means that Prime members with Samsung devices can now get two books a month for free from Amazon. Also, you can read them on either app (Amazon Kindle app or Samsung Kindle app) if you use the same account for each (it automatically signed me into the Samsung and Amazon accounts, so I didn't have to enter anything). Pretty cool. (^_^)

Might have been asked already but anyone know a good PDF/comic book reader app? I have all these comic book PDFs from humble bundle and such, I've tried uploading it to Google books and reading from there but its OK at best, anyone know of anything better?

Might have been asked already but anyone know a good PDF/comic book reader app? I have all these comic book PDFs from humble bundle and such, I've tried uploading it to Google books and reading from there but its OK at best, anyone know of anything better?
Perfect Viewer worked pretty good for me.

I use Comic Rack. Not sure if it handles pdfs, but i've used it for all the other comics from Humble.

I don't have enough space on my NVidia Shield Tablet :whistle2:x . Let's return to moving a larger amount of data to SD cards Google!
Been thinking about buying that 500 gb Shield Tablet for the $299 price on Amazon since it comes with $80 in Google Play credit. What do you think of the Shield Tablet and do you have the Shield controller?

Been thinking about buying that 500 gb Shield Tablet for the $299 price on Amazon since it comes with $80 in Google Play credit. What do you think of the Shield Tablet and do you have the Shield controller?
Whoa, there's a 500GB shield tablet? I thought there was only the 16GB and 32GB LTE version.

The tablet can be great, but frequently isn't. The bottom speaker on mine just randomly stopped working yesterday...again. Nvidia programmers suck at working with Android as an OS.

Sorry forgot your second question. I don't have the shield controller, but I've heard decent things. I use a wired 360 controller.

Whoa, there's a 500GB shield tablet? I thought there was only the 16GB and 32GB LTE version.
The tablet can be great, but frequently isn't. The bottom speaker on mine just randomly stopped working yesterday...again. Nvidia programmers suck at working with Android as an OS.
He meant the shield pro console. Last year I was considering buying the shield tablet but then I saw some reviews about the plastic cracking so I passed. I'm surprised they haven't launched a new model this year. The lifecycle for tablets in general is pretty terrible. Some don't get yearly refreshes like they should, some get multiple launches in a year

Not sure if you all heard but Fallout Shelter should be coming to Android on August 13th!

EDIT: I'll post something on August 13th too when it actually comes out, just wanted to get the word out ahead of time :)

He meant the shield pro console. Last year I was considering buying the shield tablet but then I saw some reviews about the plastic cracking so I passed. I'm surprised they haven't launched a new model this year. The lifecycle for tablets in general is pretty terrible. Some don't get yearly refreshes like they should, some get multiple launches in a year
So is this thing the Shield Pro Console or a Shield Tablet?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-shield-pro-black/8526153.p?id=1219692520014&skuId=8526153

That's a console, basically just a super good nexus player or an Xbox running android TV. The tablet is weaker since it came out last year and has an older processor.
Damn, that's awesome. I need another tablet like I need a hole in the head. If I bought one, I could finally download all of my compatible Android games and play them on my TV. I've actually started collecting Android devices here lately but I don't really need one although I have run out of room on my Shield Portable.

Damn, that's awesome. I need another tablet like I need a hole in the head. If I bought one, I could finally download all of my compatible Android games and play them on my TV. I've actually started collecting Android devices here lately but I don't really need one although I have run out of room on my Shield Portable.
I have one and its awesome for games! I use it for android games, PC games (Via nvidia game stream and I can play most of my steam collection), and emulating older systems (nes, snes, genesis, dream cast, PS1 and some game cube games). Plus its 4k ready for netflix, Amazon and you tube. Overall I love this box

bread's done
Back