Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
LFN2_sale_1.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g5e.letters2.giveaway.full

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-from-Nowhere-2-Full/dp/B014T7SCJA/

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id497947178?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id497946172?mt=8

Offer expired Dec 11th at 5pm pst.
Yeah, they changed it. It used to be until the 24th. I guess it was overly used. :)

They took $9 on almost $24 of credit I converted, but since I'll probably never use the credit, which I got for free, it's better than nothing. Still free money.

Noticed some Square Enix mobile games discounted @ google play store.

Lara Croft GO is 99¢ (80% off).

Secret of Mana & Chrono Trigger are both 50% off.

Final Fantasy I thru VI & Tactics are also 50% off.

Sorry, but can't easilty link atm...

Chrono Trigger is tempting. Anyone have it on Android?

I remember renting it as a kid and playing it on the SNES, and I used to have it on DS. Oh, just remembered I also have the PSX release.

Noticed some Square Enix mobile games discounted @ google play store.

Lara Croft GO is 99¢ (80% off).

Secret of Mana & Chrono Trigger are both 50% off.

Final Fantasy I thru VI & Tactics are also 50% off.

Sorry, but can't easilty link atm...
Nice find! Probably going to get FF6 and Lara Croft myself. Here's some links for the people looking:

Lara Croft GO $0.99

Chrono Trigger $4.99

Secret of Mana $3.99

Final Fantasy I $3.99

Final Fantasy II $3.99

Final Fantasy III $7.99

Final Fantasy IV $7.99

Final Fantasy V $7.99

Final Fantasy VI $7.99

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions $6.99

Just discovered a way to convert Google Play credit to cash.

Although, they do take a big chunk out it in fees (40%). Just figured I'd mention it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pxcoach.credittocash&hl=en

You will need to create a Dwolla account as well to transfer the money to your bank account.

https://www.dwolla.com/
Just did this today because I was thinking I could use my $35 in Google play credit for a new Chromecast but it wouldn't let me use it. It all takes a couple of minutes to get the money moving to your bank (less time if you have a Dwolla account with your bank account attached. Only $15 for $25 but it was all free credit that supposedly runs out in a year from Google Opinion rewards so I thought it was worth it not to lose it or buy some stuff I didn't want/need.

Some have already been posted and swiped from usual place:

Gary Chalk's Gun Dogs: $1.95 from $5.99

Trial of the Clone: $1.95 from $5.99

Heroes & Legends: Conq Kolhar: $0.99 from $3.99

Zombocalypse Now: $1.95 from $2.99

GA Collected 1-3: $1.95 from $4.21

GA Collected 4-6: $1.95 from $4.20

Starship Traveller: $1.95 from $5.99

Island of the Lizard King: $1.95 from $5.99

House Of Hell: $1.95 from $5.99

Sons of Uruzime: $1.95 from $3.99

Caverns of the Snow Witch: $1.95 from $5.99

Blood of the Zombies: $1.95 from $5.99

Judge Dredd: Countdown Sec 106: $2.99 from $2.99

The Forest of Doom: $1.95 from $5.99

To Be Or Not To Be: $1.95 from $5.99

GA 12: Asuria Awakens: $1.95 from $5.99

GA 11: Songs of the Mystics: $1.95 from $5.99

The Sagas of Fire*Wolf: $3.99 from $9.99

Bloodbones: $1.95 from $5.99

GA 10: Lords of Nurroth: $1.95 from $5.99

Petting Zoo: $0.99 from $2.99

i Fishing: $0.99 from $2.63

A Day in the Woods: $0.99 from $1.99

In Between: $0.99 from $2.99

Prune: $2.99 from $3.99

Heroes of Might & Magic III HD: $4.99 from $9.99

NBA 2K16: $3.99 from $7.99

NHL 2K; $0.99 from $2.99

Civilization Revolution 2: $4.99 from $9.99

Infinite Universe: $1.95 from $5.99

WWE 2K: $2.99 from $7.99

Devil's Attorney: $2.00 from $3.00

Ravensburger Puzzle: $0.10 from $2.99

Little Inferno: $0.99 from $2.99

XCOM: Enemy Within: $4.99 from $9.99

The Banner Saga: $4.99 from $9.99

Lifeline 2: $1.99 from $2.99

LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham: $0.99 from $4.99

LEGO Star Wars: TCS: $2.99 from $6.99

CHRONO TRIGGER: $4.99 from $9.99

Secret of Mana: $3.99 from $7.99

FINAL FANTASY: $3.99 from $7.99

FINAL FANTASY II: $3.99 from $7.99

FINAL FANTASY III: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY V: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY VI: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: AFTER YEARS: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : WotL: $6.99 from $13.99

Card Wars - Adventure Time: $0.99 from $3.99

Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor: $0.99 from $1.99

Spider: Rite of Shrouded Moon: $1.99 from $4.99

Waking Mars: $0.99 from $2.99

QuestLord: $0.99 from $1.99

The Beamdog Enhanced Editions of the old Bioware infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2,and Icewind Dale) are on sale.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Beamdog&hl=en

The Baldur's Gates are $3.58 and Icewind Dale is $2.14.

On a related note Beamdog has announced they are finished with all the content for the first new Baldur's Gate release in years and it has entered the quality assurance phase. This is not BG 3 but an adventure linking 1 & 2. It will be coming to Android in 2016, so better start playing and getting those characters ready to import.

Great sale but I wish more of them were Android TV compatible. Out of that list, the Final Fantasy games are pretty much the only ones. If Google really wants to get Android TV off the ground, they really need to start courting developers more to update their Android apps to work with it.

FWIW, I got a price alert that Zen Studios' standalone Star Wars Pinball app has dropped to 10¢, so I checked the Zen Pinball IAP and all the SW tables seem to be half-priced.

edit: hah, should have refreshed before posting...

FWIW, I got a price alert that Zen Studios' standalone Star Wars Pinball app has dropped to 10¢, so I checked the Zen Pinball IAP and all the SW tables seem to be half-priced.

Hey, I didn't mention the 50% off tables so still helpful info.

Is the Rebels table on sale too? It's the only one I don't have, but I have ZEN Pinball through the Amazon Appstore.

Also, I tried buying Hitman Sniper via Google Play, got a connection error, and the order was immediately cancelled despite going through. I'm still waiting on my (credit) refund, and will try again later.

Is that through Underground? If so, it's been there I think since Underground launched.
Don't really know what Underground is although I always hear people talk about it. What is it? Pretty sure that's what this is...I noticed it was 99 cents on IOS and thought it'd be worth mentioning it's free on Amazon.

Underground is Amazon's replacement for their App store that includes a lot of extra analytics to track app usage in Underground, which is how they know how much each app is used in order to pay the developer.

Underground is Amazon's replacement for their App store that includes a lot of extra analytics to track app usage in Underground, which is how they know how much each app is used in order to pay the developer.
Well, it didn't replace their App Store. They still have much more in terms of paid / IAP games, including ones that are in the Underground program (I guess for people that don't want to be spied on?).

How much are the tables individually? I'm trying to buy them on my Shield TV but it doesn't give me pricing like it might on a tablet.

There's actually even more than that, but my phone seems to be fuck ing up right now on the mobile play store when looking up stuff.

Notable other additions are Galaxy Trucker and Sentinels of the Multiverse. Naturally they always seem to make it for these big sales. I finally broke down and got Sentinels.

Legend of Ixtonia appears to be a SRPG. I know we have a lot of Kemco fans on here. Anyone play it? How bad are the iaps?

There aren't Kemco "fans" per se, just a lot of people tend to buy the games when they're on sale but no one here has actually played them. Honestly, we're more excited about the prospect of buying 20-50 hour games for .99. I'm sure there are Kemco fans somewhere - just not here.

If you have Amazon Underground installed, there's another Kemco SRPG there called Legna Tactica. So you can save the $1 since Kemco RPGs are all same-y and the IAPs should be free if it's on Underground.

There aren't Kemco "fans" per se, just a lot of people tend to buy the games when they're on sale but no one here has actually played them. Honestly, we're more excited about the prospect of buying 20-50 hour games for .99. I'm sure there are Kemco fans somewhere - just not here.

If you have Amazon Underground installed, there's another Kemco SRPG there called Legna Tactica. So you can save the $1 since Kemco RPGs are all same-y and the IAPs should be free if it's on Underground.
Actually, I've enjoyed quite a few of their RPGs and they aren't all "same-y". That said they do vary dramatically in quality.

I've liked all of the Alphadia series games and Sympony of the Origin (which is very old school in graphics and presentation but still a good game).

But my all time favorite -- and one of my favorite JRPGs period - is RPG Fantasy Chronicle, which for some odd reason seems to be no longer available.

Outside of those it can be hit or miss.

Found a list of games on sale with some new additions at the bottom. Can't seem to hyperlink on mobile.

Minecraft Story Mode is $0.10 but I assume that is just the first episode and the rest are full price IAPs.
Ya...according to the reviews, that just includes the first episode, with each of the other episodes apparently being $4.99 in-app purchases. You'd think they'd have to mention that somewhere in the game description, but apparently not.

Ya...according to the reviews, that just includes the first episode, with each of the other episodes apparently being $4.99 in-app purchases. You'd think they'd have to mention that somewhere in the game description, but apparently not.
That's how all of Telltale's games work lol

That's how all of Telltale's games work lol
Ya...I know that...but they usually include some kind of notice, however small, that episodes 2-5 are available as in-app purchases and it only includes episode 1. The Minecraft Story Mode description seems to skirt around that a bit, and the description almost makes it sound like you're buying a season pass. If you look at the reviews, a lot of people (probably mostly people who haven't played an episodic telltale game before) bought it thinking they were getting the full game and are a bit ticked off that the rest of the game costs another $20.

FYI, all the Star Wars Pinball table in-app purchases are 99 cents each. I'm probably the only person on the planet who could give a damn about Star Wars, but I love pinball video games so I bought all the ones I didn't already own. Great music though. I'm hoping Disney will put the Marvel Pinball tables on sale this weekend. Fingers crossed.

That androidpolice arricle reports that Civilization Revolution 2 is supposed to be .99 but it's currently $4.99. Either it's not live yet or it was a very brief sale.

Newly updated sale prices (credit to Android Police):

Contrast - $5
Doom 3: BFG Edition - $4.99
Half-Life 2 - $2.49
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $1.99
Half-Life 2: Episode Two - $1.99
Portal - $1.99

If you own a Shield Portable, Tablet or TV, all these are great graphical showcases for those devices.

bread's done
Back