Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just upgraded to the S4 after using an Infuse for a couple of years.  Any suggestions for games?  I have a 12 hour trip coming up (coast to coast flight with layovers).  Currently, I am interested in Aralon ($1 -sale), M&M Clash of Heroes ($1 - sale), and possibly He-Man ($1 - childhood fav).  Any feedback on those or any other potentially compatible games to kill time?

Just upgraded to the S4 after using an Infuse for a couple of years. Any suggestions for games? I have a 12 hour trip coming up (coast to coast flight with layovers). Currently, I am interested in Aralon ($1 -sale), M&M Clash of Heroes ($1 - sale), and possibly He-Man ($1 - childhood fav). Any feedback on those or any other potentially compatible games to kill time?
I've had a lot of fun with M&MCoH on 360, and there is a BUNCH of content there so that should definitely tide you over if you are a fan of match 3 games some extra strategy and RPG elements thrown on top. Here are a few of my personal favorite android games, though most aren't on sale currently:

Cut the Rope

The Room

Game Dev Story (or most any Kairosoft game)

Jetpack Joyride

Jumbline 2

Super Stickman Golf

Triple Town

Kingdom Rush (from what I've heard Frontiers is much improved over the original, but I haven't personally played it)

Ridiculous Fishing (recommended based on developers past work and word of mouth, but I haven't gotten to it yet)

Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery EP

World of Goo

Most of those have free versions available or are actually free, so if you have some time before you leave I'd just download some and see which suit your fancy ^_^

Tiny Thief - $2.99 $.99
Buy this. 3 hours of charm across all the levels and another hour to 100% it. Probably my first "point-and-click" game I finished.

PS
How do you gather your sales data [member=MrNinjaSquirrel]? I used to use AppSales and use the 'Settings' to push status-bar updates on games per 12 hours but can't anymore as I need to conserve every bit of RAM on my 2010 phone. I think it uses Google Play's API so it's faster than any Android website; note: AppSales doesn't track Amazon sales.

PSS
To squeeze more games in the thread title, I would just list .99 cent games [A-Z]. And just call this 'Android Deals'.
Android Deals Thread V2 ~ Fist of Awesome $0.99 | R-Type $0.99 | Raiden Legacy $1.99 | Another World $0.99 | Crystallight Defense $1.99 |
137 characters

Android Deals - $0.99: Another World, Fist of Awesome, R-Type | $1.99: Crystallight Defense, Raiden Legacy
106 characters
PSSS
I don't know if you knew, but "~" is used for "approx." so that just throws me off when scanning forum titles. ;)

PSSSS
Thanks for all the daily updates.

Tiny Thief - $2.99 $.99
Buy this. 3 hours of charm across all the levels and another hour to 100% it. Probably my first "point-and-click" game I finished.

PS
How do you gather your sales data [member=MrNinjaSquirrel]? I used to use AppSales and use the 'Settings' to push status-bar updates on games per 12 hours but can't anymore as I need to conserve every bit of RAM on my 2010 phone. I think it uses Google Play's API so it's faster than any Android website; note: AppSales doesn't track Amazon sales.

PSS
To squeeze more games in the thread title, I would just list .99 cent games [A-Z]. And just call this 'Android Deals'.

PSSS
I don't know if you knew, but "~" is used for "approx." so that just throws me off when scanning forum titles. ;)

PSSSS
Thanks for all the daily updates.
1.) It's all manual I'm afraid. I just check appsales and add anything new from the last update, and scan amazon every monday to see if they've put anything new on sale. I'm sure there's an easier way to do it, but if I keep up with it daily it's not that bad (though that's my problem it seems).

2.) I don'r think fitting tons more games in the title is really that big of a problem. Usually there aren't a lot of new notable sales, so 1-3 in the title more often than not can cover them, and for whatever reason I prefer the price after every game.

3.) I didn't actually, you're the first one I've seen point that out as throwing them off actually. I usually just use it as something to separate the thread title from the games :p

4.) haha, if only I was consistent enough to update it everyday ;)

All the Kemco JRPGs are on sale again for .99. If you've played one of them, you've played all of them. But definitely pick up a more recent one as the translations have steadily gotten better.

Thanks for the feedback. I have Game Dev and World of Goo. I'll look into some of the others and probably get M&M as well.

Edit: M&M does not seem to work with my S4. It downloaded and installed. When I open it, it goes to a black screen. If I hit the power button, the title screen appears briefly and then black again.

Today's deals from Android Police

Apps

Zeus Mail Pro – $0.99 from $4.99

SidePlayer Pro – $1.24 from $1.75

Knock²+ V2 // Notifications – $1.43 from $1.99

Games

Steam Punks – $0.99 from $1.99

Dropchord – Free from $2.99 (Amazon app of the day)

Gangstar Vegas – 0.99 from $2.99

M&M Clash of Heroes – $0.99 from $4.99

Wipeout – $0.99 from $1.99

Strategy & Tactics: WW II – $2.50 from $4.99

Great Big War Game – $0.99 from $2.99

Great Little War Game – $0.99 from $1.99

23 Kemco Games (JRPGs) – $0.99 from $5.99-7.99

Definitely get and check out Dropchord for free. It's a Double Fine game, though without the sort of charm you might expect from them.

Shiiiiet, Dropchord is free? It's good enough to be a $10 XBLA or PSN game and you lucky sumbitches don't pay anything for it. There aren't many music games anymore and this one happens to be pretty damn good. Get it.

Just to make sure, the refund time on Google Play is 15 minutes?
Yes. Within that time it's easy to get a refund. In some cases people have gotten refunds for select items beyond that, but that involves making contact and putting in some effort and is never guaranteed.

All SNK games are on sale until Jan 5th. Tempted to get one of the Metal Slug games for $2, King of Fighters games are $2 as well.

Also Sonic 4 ep.2 is $0.99.

The Kemco RPGs are good, basic, and mostly short RPGs. For a dollar they suffice. For the SNK games, it depends on how big an SNK fan you are and if you really need them on a mobile device considering the games available are available on pretty much every other current game system on the market.

The Kemco RPGs are good, basic, and mostly short RPGs. For a dollar they suffice. For the SNK games, it depends on how big an SNK fan you are and if you really need them on a mobile device considering the games available are available on pretty much every other current game system on the market.
the rpgs are like 10 hours each i think. maybe longer some are shorter..

Grinsia Is normally 7.99 so i figured i paid for that and got the other  7 apps for free.

was going to pay 8 for it anyways 

was going to grab it on the  3ds but they  took their time   so   no longer want it for the 3ds :)

also heard it could been as high as 29.99 on the 3ds

The Tiny Bang Story is on sale and is incompatible with my HTC One... Sure wasn't expecting that.

I'd understand if it was a Tegra game, but it's not.

I might bite on the FF deals, any reason I shouldn't?

Haven't played any of them yet, and knowing SquareEnix, they won't get any cheaper than this.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour are both on sale for .99. Ticket to Ride and Lone Wolf - based on the old fantasy novels - are on sale for $1.99.

Yesterday, the point and click adventure game, seems to be free. I can't confirm since I bought it a while ago. Can someone check?

Is there any reason to have the separate apps for Marvel and Star Wars? The same tables can be bought/played within the Zen Pinball HD app.

Btw, the Marvel and Star Wars apps only include one table with your purchase, the rest are in app.
I would buy them all in the regular game just to have them all in one place. BTW, if you buy a table in one game, it won't be available in the other. So, if you want all the tables in one game, you have to buy them all in zen pinball.

The Tiny Bang Story is on sale and is incompatible with my HTC One... Sure wasn't expecting that.
I'd understand if it was a Tegra game, but it's not.

I might bite on the FF deals, any reason I shouldn't?
Haven't played any of them yet, and knowing SquareEnix, they won't get any cheaper than this.
I think it is a pretty good deal for the FF games... I bought FF3 at maybe a 10? and I don't feel guilty about the purchase (I also own it on NDS and PS1). I'm am probably going to pick up 4 and 5, despite owning them on other platforms. 8$ isn't too bad... I don't think it has been lower.

Went with just FFIV for now, doubt I'll actually get around to playing more than one of them until next year's sale, and IV seemed to be the best choice. I hear III is shorter and with a less engaging plot, and the remade graphics on V are pretty "meh" when I look at them, I'd rather just have the original 8bit ones.

On a related note though, all the Chaos Rings games are now on sale as well:

Chaos Rings - $2.99 (-63%) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.chaosrings.googleplay

Chaos Rings Omega - $2.99 (-67%) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.chaosringsomega.googleplay

Chaos Rings II - $3.99 (-75%) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.chaosrings2gp

Probably gonna get all 3, for those prices :)

EDIT: Chaos Rings has an idiotic DRM system that validates the data every single time you start the game... takes about 2-3 minutes. Too late for me to get a refund, should've checked the reviews first.

So I'm reconsidering for the prequel game (Omega)... the sequel (II) doesn't seem to have this, according to reviews.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour are both on sale for .99. Ticket to Ride and Lone Wolf - based on the old fantasy novels - are on sale for $1.99.

Yesterday, the point and click adventure game, seems to be free. I can't confirm since I bought it a while ago. Can someone check?
They have a free ad-supported version and a pay-for version. The pay-for version is discounted to $0.99 right now.

Not compatible with anything I own, but added it anyways. Maybe it's a Kindle Fire one and not marked?
It's not even compatible with my Kindle Fire HD.

From the description, it looks like Episode 1 is free, and you'll have to purchase the rest through the app. Judging from the iOS pricing on the same game, each additional episode is $4.99, or you can purchase them all (2-5) plus the 400 Days expansion for $20.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
Most likely it will be like you said, free first episode. I just added anyway. I've seen it where they offered apps for free and then they later start charging for it. No harm since we have unlimited cloud storage. I think when The Walking Dead first came out for iOS they did charge for the first episode. I think it was $4.99. Just like they did for Xbox. Who knows if they will offer the first episode for free for Android.

I'm glad to finally see TellTale games on Android. Hope to see them on Google Play since I have lots of credit to spend. Would be nice to see Back to the Future on Android.

Some Electronic Arts games on sale on Amazon. Game of Life, Monopoly, Dead Space, Need For Speed, and many others from $0.99 - $1.99 each. Many are Kindle Tablet Editions though.

Link

Also some Gameloft games are now $0.99. Spider-man, Batman, Gangstar Vegas, Wild Blood, & Modern Combat 4 Zero Hour.

Link

bread's done
Back