Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, was kinda hoping the Room game was based on this baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

Oh well, THAT Room game looks good anyway. 

Hate to be 'that guy'...well, no, actually I don't. Think we could move the Marvel PQ: DR discussion to the General Gaming forum? It's getting increasingly difficult to see the deals. And before you tell me just to check the OP, the OP isn't always updated the moment a deal is posted.

Hate to be 'that guy'...well, no, actually I don't. Think we could move the Marvel PQ: DR discussion to the General Gaming forum? It's getting increasingly difficult to see the deals.
I was gonna, but thats too much work & you know how lazy I am. Plus why arent you playing that game? I got tons of ISO & shit to send you!

Anyways its not as bad as the XBL deal thread, having to go through pages of why people do or do not want to buy X game or backlog complaints. Although I do have a crazy ass mobile game backlog now....

I was gonna, but thats too much work & you know how lazy I am. Plus why arent you playing that game? I got tons of ISO & shit to send you!

Anyways its not as bad as the XBL deal thread, having to go through pages of why people do or do not want to buy X game or backlog complaints. Although I do have a crazy ass mobile game backlog now....
I played it for a couple days, but got bored. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. No urge to reinstall.

FWIW, I loved PQ. I even liked Galactrix. But I just couldn't get into this one.

Hate to be 'that guy'...well, no, actually I don't. Think we could move the Marvel PQ: DR discussion to the General Gaming forum? It's getting increasingly difficult to see the deals. And before you tell me just to check the OP, the OP isn't always updated the moment a deal is posted.
That is a fair enough of a request haha

My assumption was that everyone who came to this thread played the game! That sounds ridiculous but it sure seemed that way haha

That being said I quickly made a page over on the largely dead Android section of CAG hahah

For those who want to continually discuss the game and all of its glory.. or problems.. head over here!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327763-marvel-puzzle-quest-discussion-thread/

[quote name="MrNinjaSquirrel" post="11557776" timestamp="1393352602"]It's very good, one of the few android games I played to completion (which I did in one extended 2-3 hour session). Well worth the $.99, and if you enjoy it The Room 2 was just released and has had lots of good buzz.[/quote]

+1 for good buzz, for both games. I paid full price for both, and they are easily worth double that, if not more.

There aren't exactly many Android deals right now anyway, and the FAOTD hasn't been very good recently. Have to keep the thread alive somehow!

Even though their apps haven't been great as of late, I like how the Amazon app updated their layout so I can see how many coins I have left at all times (it's listed in the top right corner).

Not sure how often it happens, but last week I downloaded a free meditation app and received an email from Amazon. It contained a $1 credit to use towards Amazon MP3's. Picked up a free song right away; no issues whatsoever. 

There aren't exactly many Android deals right now anyway, and the FAOTD hasn't been very good recently. Have to keep the thread alive somehow!
I'd rather see a handful of deal-related posts per week instead of thinking there's an actual deal 50+ times per day. I've got this thread tagged for instant email notification.

I update the OP at around 2PM EST every day, so if you just want to see the deals and not bother with the banter that is the best time to check.

Tomorrow might be a good one for the US, so don't miss out.

In Australia and Japan they are currently offering Wheel of Fortune, Ski Safari, Wreck-it Ralph, Buddy & Me, Gravity Guy, Sonic Jump, Lumi, and Horseworld 3D: My Riding Horse.

Also, The Nut Job (The Official App for the Movie) is currently the free app of the day in Australia and Japan. Most of the time the same app is offered for free the next day in the US.

Wreck-It-Ralph is a very robust assortment of good mini-games. Too bad for most that it is the Kindle version. Sonic Jump is great as well.

Tomorrow might be a good one for the US, so don't miss out.

In Australia and Japan they are currently offering Wheel of Fortune, Ski Safari, Wreck-it Ralph, Buddy & Me, Gravity Guy, Sonic Jump, Lumi, and Horseworld 3D: My Riding Horse.

Also, The Nut Job (The Official App for the Movie) is currently the free app of the day in Australia and Japan. Most of the time the same app is offered for free the next day in the US.
getting horseworld alone is worth moving to japan

Good stuff. I tell ya, this is why I don't pay for apps or games anymore. What with all the sales and Amazon and Google giving away credit, not to mention Amazon just giving away apps/games, I feel slightly cheated even using coins for Sonic Jump a couple months ago lol Eventually enough of what a person can want for their phones/tablets will be legitimately free somehow.

I picked up Lumi and Sonic Jump from the Amazon freebies.

I think the only thing I want from that ikoid bundle is Detective Grimoire. I already have Devil's Attorney but then had to delete it due to storage issues. I have about 9 games installed but only play 3 daily. I really need to sort them out and prioritize.

Yeah I have too many on my phone that I don't play either. I think my plan is going to be to get the new Nexus (whenever it's announced/released) with at least 32GB and use it primarily for games, other entertainment, and a little work when I'm on site.

Nice find on Double Dragon Trilogy! It's also on sale at Amazon and you get 30 coins. The reviews on both Amazon and Google Play seem very mixed, but I still have $3 of credit that expires this month, so might as well get it and some coins.

edit: It looks like dotemu is having a sale:

Another World - $0.99 down from $1.99 (as stated already)

Double Dragon Trilogy - $0.99 down from $2.99

The Last Express - $0.99 down from $3.99

R-Type 1 - $0.99 down from $1.99

Raiden Legacy - $0.99 down from $4.99

I missed out on yesterday's free pack, but I noticed this:

I was playing "Punch Quest" and there was an add to purchase a game called "Mikey Shorts" for 99 cents and receive 30 coins. I went and purchased it with my 250 coins and noticed I now have 280 coins and no additional charges. I got it for free and with more credit than I did before.

Then I noticed on the appstore front page there is a section called "Get Amazon Coins + 250 Bonus Coins with First Purchase of these Apps" section. I don't know how many times you get the free coins, but there are TONS of apps that this applies to. I think as long as it's under $2.50, you're getting the app for free. But feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

EDIT: I tried it with Double Dragon and it gave me a 5 coin discount so I paid 94 coins instead of 99  So you pick one app to get the 250 coin discount and it works once. I misread as downloading the app for the first TIME. 

Glad you don't have to have a Kindle to enjoy these discounts (I'm running an Asus Memopad).

I missed out on yesterday's free pack, but I noticed this:

I was playing "Punch Quest" and there was an add to purchase a game called "Mikey Shorts" for 99 cents and receive 30 coins. I went and purchased it with my 250 coins and noticed I now have 280 coins and no additional charges. I got it for free and with more credit than I did before.

Then I noticed on the appstore front page there is a section called "Get Amazon Coins + 250 Bonus Coins with First Purchase of these Apps" section. I don't know how many times you get the free coins, but there are TONS of apps that this applies to. I think as long as it's under $2.50, you're getting the app for free. But feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

EDIT: I tried it with Double Dragon and it gave me a 5 coin discount so I paid 94 coins instead of 99 So you pick one app to get the 250 coin discount and it works once. I misread as downloading the app for the first TIME.

Glad you don't have to have a Kindle to enjoy these discounts (I'm running an Asus Memopad).
i would stay far far away from kindle. They just updated their softwere that makes almost all games have to be connected to the net to play.

I got pocket stables and rest of the games that company made and played them all off line for the last 3 months. NOW YOU MUST BE ONLINE TO PLAY THEM.

along with a lot of others

EDIT: I tried it with Double Dragon and it gave me a 5 coin discount so I paid 94 coins instead of 99 So you pick one app to get the 250 coin discount and it works once. I misread as downloading the app for the first TIME.
I ordered Double Dragon Trilogy which is part of the 250 coins deal. I used coins to get it and received +30 after the 99 coin deduction. However, I did not get the 250 coin bonus. Perhaps it only applies if you purchase with real cash.

They ran a deal earlier this year or maybe the end of last year where you could get 250 coins, and if you got it then you can't get it now. So maybe you already received the coins before.

They ran a deal earlier this year or maybe the end of last year where you could get 250 coins, and if you got it then you can't get it now. So maybe you already received the coins before.
If that was the deal around Christmas, that might be the issue as I remember getting coins then for something.

Don't follow this thread as much as I used to, so I'm sorry if its already been mentioned, but The Walking Dead Complete First Season is free (Kindle Only)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HF19RVK/ref=mas_billboard
Wow that is awesome if it is the whole season.
It's actually only the first episode of season 1. The other episodes cost $4.99 each or you can buy the season pass.

Also, when it first came out it was only working with Kindle Fire HDX tablets, but it seem to also work with the old Kindle Fire HD tablets now.

Yeah I have too many on my phone that I don't play either. I think my plan is going to be to get the new Nexus (whenever it's announced/released) with at least 32GB and use it primarily for games, other entertainment, and a little work when I'm on site.

Nice find on Double Dragon Trilogy! It's also on sale at Amazon and you get 30 coins. The reviews on both Amazon and Google Play seem very mixed, but I still have $3 of credit that expires this month, so might as well get it and some coins.

edit: It looks like dotemu is having a sale:

Another World - $0.99 down from $1.99 (as stated already)

Double Dragon Trilogy - $0.99 down from $2.99

The Last Express - $0.99 down from $3.99

R-Type 1 - $0.99 down from $1.99

Raiden Legacy - $0.99 down from $4.99
Yeah, it looks all the Dotemu games are on sale on Amazon as well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=DotEmu&node=2350149011

I would be wary about buying any of those games on Amazon if they're the same price on Google Play. For example, Double Dragon Trilogy on Google is up to version 1.4 and fixes a lot of the bugs that caused it to get poor reviews. Amazon's is only 1.2. You get 30 coins there, but it's not worth playing a shitty version for 30 cents.

I would be wary about buying any of those games on Amazon if they're the same price on Google Play. For example, Double Dragon Trilogy on Google is up to version 1.4 and fixes a lot of the bugs that caused it to get poor reviews. Amazon's is only 1.2. You get 30 coins there, but it's not worth playing a shitty version for 30 cents.
This is also why I gave up basically using any apps from the amazon store. I initially had PvZ free from them but ended up buying it during a cheap sale at the play store just because the amazon version was so far behind in fixes. I never buy any apps from amazon at this point because of it. May grab their freebies to see if I like something though

I kind of want to snag Doodle Kingdoms (regular or HD) - and was thinking I'd blow my Amazon points on them...but I noticed the game actually costs $1 more for each version on Google Play vs Amazon...anyone know if there's a difference? I've emailed the developer, but haven't heard back yet.

Stack the States is free today on Amazon. Pretty good educational game. My kids really like it.

I didn't realize the version was a bit outdated. That sucks. Well, hopefully the developer will updated it at some point. I had some free Amazon app credit I needed to spend, so that one reason I bought it from there. I also own an old Kindle Fire HD and an Acer Iconia A200, so I prefer buying from Amazon so I can use the app on both devices. Sucks that Google Play isn't available on Kindles.

This is also why I gave up basically using any apps from the amazon store. I initially had PvZ free from them but ended up buying it during a cheap sale at the play store just because the amazon version was so far behind in fixes. I never buy any apps from amazon at this point because of it. May grab their freebies to see if I like something though
Yeah, I think I did the same thing. Probably only app I've had to buy again. The Wifi version on Amazon is very outdated. No minigames or extras. The Kindle Tablet version seems to be up to date, but of course it only works on Kindle devices.

So since that was the case I had to rebuy it on Google Play for my Acer.

The nice thing about Amazon is they seem to be constantly giving away free credit and pretty nice free apps.

The free apps via AppGratis and Free App of the Day are a bit annoying, because you usually have to enter codes or open them during a certain time period to get the full version. I wish Google would just allow developers to offer the full game for free temporarily, instead of having to enter codes to unlock full version features via their free version. Many times I skip downloading them because they just take up space.

For all the free apps via AppGratis and Free App of the Day, what do you all use to back them up so that it saves the full version?

I would like something that I can back-up to cloud storage, like Dropbox or Google Drive.

I've tried using Easy Backup, but it didn't seem to save it so that it was still the full version.

I don't want anything that makes me backup to my computer.

I really need to uninstall the things I don't play.

i.e. free games that I thought looked fun, but haven't touched (Fantasia, Dragon Age, Sacred Stones, etc)

I need to make room for things I've actually paid for. (That Card Quest game, Devil's Attorney., etc)

Violett looks really good for a mobile game. Venture Town seems good too. I have $3 in Google Play credit.

But again, no room. (Or time)

I didn't realize the version was a bit outdated. That sucks. Well, hopefully the developer will updated it at some point. I had some free Amazon app credit I needed to spend, so that one reason I bought it from there. I also own an old Kindle Fire HD and an Acer Iconia A200, so I prefer buying from Amazon so I can use the app on both devices. Sucks that Google Play isn't available on Kindles.
Hey, I use the Acer Iconia A200 too. Now it's a little bit outdated and I kind of wish I went with the Nexus 7 for the faster processor, but I couldn't resist the 10" screen. I was looking at Double Dragon on Amazon for the coins rebate and I have expiring points too, but I'm such a DD fan that I'm not going to tolerate any imperfections, so I went with the Google version. Would you have happened to try any of the King of Fighters games on the A200?

also was told today by a amazon worker that kindles are going to start only working with wi fi connection (meaning no more playing off line) dont know if this is true or not, but i know after last weeks update 80% of my games will NO LONGER WORK OFFLINE

bread's done
Back