Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
New daily giveaway site/app. From the people who do giveawayoftheday.com (I've been getting stuff from them for years, then my hard drive crashed, I lost every license, and stopped following).

http://android.giveawayoftheday.com/

The original site only gives you 24 hours to get the license for the full version of one program, but the Android one seems to have a nice big list of stuff to get on top of the daily one.

I picked up The Rockets the other day, you d/l the free version, then put the code APPOFTHEDAY in the code section to unlock the full game. (same method/code with Piano Master)

Today's free app is Tiny Thief, but I don't think this one is actually discounted since it shows as free on GooglePlay now that they've updated in-game purchases options...
Thanks for a new site to check freebies on.

Yeah, it seems Tiny Thief is just a trial, which requires an in-app purchase to get the full version. It seems I got the full version for free from Amazon back on October 17, 2013.

Thanks for a new site to check freebies on.

Yeah, it seems Tiny Thief is just a trial, which requires an in-app purchase to get the full version. It seems I got the full version for free from Amazon back on October 17, 2013.
Piano Master is just the trial version too. I'm not seeing the point of that site.

Piano Master is just the trial version too. I'm not seeing the point of that site.
**Download Piano Master Free and use promo code “appoftheday” in Settings to unlock Full version without ad.**

That might still work. It seems to be the free app for March 24th. Sometimes the promo codes still work for a few days after.

Thanks for the reminder!

According to Amazon, for me, they gave out Doodle God two years and a week ago. I never quite got the hang of the game either.

Hey I hate to put this in here, but I had a concern.

So I decided to go thru my purchase history on the web site to see what apps I bought for my old droid charge that I could use on my Galaxy S4 when I came across this.

[attachment=3940:android 2 charge.jpg]

Does this mean I was double charged or charged the sale price AND the full price??!?!?!

I checked my google account for the receipts and confirmed the sale price.  I did not download them on to any other device or account.  This seemed to happen until around Sept 2012 and then everything goes normal.  I tried backtracking with my CC and could only go far back to Oct 2012.   Any suggestions??!?!!?

So I decided to go thru my purchase history on the web site to see what apps I bought for my old droid charge that I could use on my Galaxy S4 when I came across this.

attachicon.gif
android 2 charge.jpg

Does this mean I was double charged or charged the sale price AND the full price??!?!?!

I checked my google account for the receipts and confirmed the sale price. I did not download them on to any other device or account. This seemed to happen until around Sept 2012 and then everything goes normal. I tried backtracking with my CC and could only go far back to Oct 2012. Any suggestions??!?!!?
I've never seen anything like this, but if you only got receipts for the sale price that's what you were charged.

I checked my google account for the receipts and confirmed the sale price. I did not download them on to any other device or account. This seemed to happen until around Sept 2012 and then everything goes normal. I tried backtracking with my CC and could only go far back to Oct 2012. Any suggestions??!?!!?
I actually noticed this same thing when I was going through my purchase history a few weeks ago. I decided that it was ultimately due to the fact that I have two android devices registered to my account. I know I was only charged once for all of my purchases, so I wasn't concerned about the potential for double-charging.

Anyone else have more than 2 devices that could maybe confirm or deny this?

Reminder: The free $5 app credit that Amazon gave out back in December will expire on March 31st. So, don't let it go to waste. There are a few apps on sale now, so it might be a good time to use that credit.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=mh_appstore_5promo_tc?&node=8169522011

Doodle God will probably be free tomorrow in the US. It's currently free in Australia and Japan.
Thanks for the remainder. How does this work? I only have the option to use coins or 1-click settings both on the app or on the website, so I can't verify if the credit will be applied. Or do you get a confirmation page?

If you choose 1-Click it will automatically use your credit. Just to be safe, though, I always use the website when I have credit just in case.

I actually noticed this same thing when I was going through my purchase history a few weeks ago. I decided that it was ultimately due to the fact that I have two android devices registered to my account. I know I was only charged once for all of my purchases, so I wasn't concerned about the potential for double-charging.

Anyone else have more than 2 devices that could maybe confirm or deny this?
Now it's making me want to check my bank account after every purchase. If I would have picked up on this months ago, maybe I could have been able to see anything before Oct 2012 from my bank account.

small_bundle-1.jpg

Just got the EVGA Tegra Note 7 from NewEgg last week, so now I can finally play all the Android games I've been missing. Any recommendations for recent releases I should check out?

How's the EVGA Tegra Note? Is the memory expandable with mini-SD etc.? I fear with the size of Android nowadays 16GB will fill up fast.

How's the EVGA Tegra Note? Is the memory expandable with mini-SD etc.? I fear with the size of Android nowadays 16GB will fill up fast.
I worry about that too. I just purchased a nexus 7 with 16 gb. I considered going with the 32, but with the way I replace these gadgets I will probably buy a new one in a year or so.

I'm new to android, so I'm not sure how the expandable sd card works with the OS. I didn't think you could install apps on the sd card, is that correct? If so, I'm not sure having an sd card slot is of great benefit to someone who loves to have lots of apps installed.

Is anyone else struggling to find a use for this credit on Amazon? I'm thinking my best option might be to just buy some apps that offer coins back and trade my $5 for 150 coins or more if I can find something. Maybe they'll offer something I want in the future.

I got President Vs Aliens for $0.99. It offers 30 Amazon Coins. It's by the same makers as Stack the States and Stack the Countries. My kids like it and it's educational.

Zen Pinball HD has some in-app tables you can unlock from $0.99 - $1.99 each. It comes with the free Sorcerer's Lair table. It's by the same makers as Pinball FX 2 on Xbox 360.

Here are all the apps that earn Amazon Coins - Link

I've read that it's the best gaming tablet for Android, and I'm really impressed with it so far. Nice size for portability while still being larger than a phone. After immediately updating it to Android 4.3, everything runs well and loads quickly. The stylus is very nice too.

Indeed 16 GB is not a lot, but it does support micro SD so I installed a 32 GB card right away. The OS detects the card just fine without the need to format or anything. I haven't tried installing a game on the card or anything though; not sure how to do stuff like that with Android just yet. Hopefully somebody more experienced with the OS can explain Android's handling of SD cards for us.

Hm. Not all those give coins anymore. I'd like to get Cut the Rope: Time Travel because I love those games, but with the other two being FAOTD in the past I feel this one will as well.

I've read that it's the best gaming tablet for Android, and I'm really impressed with it so far. Nice size for portability while still being larger than a phone. After immediately updating it to Android 4.3, everything runs well and loads quickly. The stylus is very nice too.

Indeed 16 GB is not a lot, but it does support micro SD so I installed a 32 GB card right away. The OS detects the card just fine without the need to format or anything. I haven't tried installing a game on the card or anything though; not sure how to do stuff like that with Android just yet. Hopefully somebody more experienced with the OS can explain Android's handling of SD cards for us.
That's good to know. I'll have to look into it then, since Google still hasn't announced the new line of Nexus tablets.

If playing a game off the memory card is the same like on phones, you just move the app/game to the memory card (either with a utility app or under the devices settings -> Apps) and that's it. The device automatically knows where the app/game is.

Is anyone else struggling to find a use for this credit on Amazon? I'm thinking my best option might be to just buy some apps that offer coins back and trade my $5 for 150 coins or more if I can find something. Maybe they'll offer something I want in the future.
Best game I'd recommend is Castle Doombad. It's $2.99 but better to use the free promo/credits instead of them expiring.

Through tomorrow you can catch 150 Pokemon throughout the world with a fun little April Fools' addition to Google Maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMD6xELI_k

Open up Google Maps on your Android (or iOS) device and choose press start.

BkFDu0PCYAE20dq.png

I got President Vs Aliens for $0.99. It offers 30 Amazon Coins. It's by the same makers as Stack the States and Stack the Countries. My kids like it and it's educational.

Zen Pinball HD has some in-app tables you can unlock from $0.99 - $1.99 each. It comes with the free Sorcerer's Lair table. It's by the same makers as Pinball FX 2 on Xbox 360.
It looks like all the tables give coins too. 30 coins back with $0.99 tables and 60 coins for the $1.99 tables. Does anyone know if you can use the credit on the tables (I assume you can)? Also, I also assume, the purchases are saved somewhere if I want to move the game to a different device?

edit: Nevermind, you can restore tables to other devices as long as you're logged in.

edit 2: I just went ahead and bought a table. It DOES use the App credit as long as you select 1 click purchase (like on their website) when you buy the table.

Your link for Fantastic Farm isn't working. In case anyone is interested:

Fantastic Farm (Premium Edition)
Yeah, it seems I screwed up the link. I've been having loading problems on CAG today. Anyone else?

Oh and I found a link on Amazon today that lists all the specials and limited time freebies. I saw a link called See more Deals under the Limited-time Deals for You section. It might come in handy.

Link

I found a pretty good kids app called My Playhome Stores that normally sells for $1.99 via that link.

Yeah, it seems I screwed up the link. I've been having loading problems on CAG today. Anyone else?

Oh and I found a link on Amazon today that lists all the specials and limited time freebies. I saw a link called See more Deals under the Limited-time Deals for You section. It might come in handy.

Link

I found a pretty good kids app called My Playhome Stores that normally sells for $1.99 via that link.
That link is great. Especially if you sort it by Price: Low to High (shows all the free apps first). Bookmarked, thanks!

Humble Bundle 9 includes Android games. Pay what you want. You need to pay $1+ to get Steam keys.

Broken Sword 2:The Smoking Mirror
Bridge Constructor
Type:Rider
Ravensword: Shadowlands

Pay more than the average to unlock these:

Kingdom Rush
Knights of Pen & Paper

Also, I noticed they have a free Mr Peabody & Sherman game available on Amazon and Google Play. I think it's always free, but I figured it might be worth mentioning.

http://www.amazon.com/Ludia-Inc-Mr-Peabody-Sherman/dp/B00IZMQ8G0/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ludia.peabodyfree&hl=en

Humble Bundle 9 includes Android games. Pay what you want. You need to pay $1+ to get Steam keys.

Broken Sword 2:The Smoking Mirror
Bridge Constructor
Type:Rider
Ravensword: Shadowlands

Pay more than the average to unlock these:

Kingdom Rush
Knights of Pen & Paper

Also, I noticed they have a free Mr Peabody & Sherman game available on Amazon and Google Play. I think it's always free, but I figured it might be worth mentioning.

http://www.amazon.com/Ludia-Inc-Mr-Peabody-Sherman/dp/B00IZMQ8G0/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ludia.peabodyfree&hl=en
too bad kingdom is 4 bucks would of gave 2 for it

Can anyone recommend any of these?

Battle Pilots seems fun.
I've only played the Riptide games and I think they are both pretty fun. They are by the same makers as Hydro Thunder Hurricane on Xbox 360. It's a very similar game, except you are using a jet ski instead of a boat.

They have been offered for free via Amazon's Free App of the Day in the past. I actually bought them myself.

Oh, and the same developer has a free app called Beach Buggy Blitz. You might want to pick that up. It's always free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vectorunit.yellow

http://www.amazon.com/Vector-Unit-Inc-Beach-Buggy/dp/B00BEPVAV8/

bread's done
Back