Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Walking Dead: Season One is now available on Google Play. (Episode 1 is free)

Family Guy The Quest for Stuff is freakin' free. Freakin' sweet! Haven't tried it yet. Looked like it might be a good freebie. I like the show, so I might check it out.
Finally on the walking dead, but after xbox & steam its kinda moot....

As for Family guy Im gonna have to wait. Reviews say its a direct rip off of simpsons tapped out. I kinda figured it would be, but they're saying the premium currency is extremely hard to get without paying & that missions take too long. I got tired of Simpsons Tapped out fairly quickly so Im not sure how I feel about it. Prob will check it out just to see. All these village games get old to me after a while, yes even my little pony did.

Speaking of Ponies, I found this on Amazon: Pony RPG

Well you can see exactly what it is, a romhack of final fantasy 3 (6) just with MLP characters. Yes its a rip off but at 99 cents what else are you going to spend those coins on? I really dont want to promote someone who's ripping off everyone but Amazon is doing a crappy job of good non kindle apps on sale I dont know what to spend the coins on.

How is Minecraft pocket, does it control well at all?

Also, can I still get the coins back if I pay with coins?
I want to know about minecraft as well. Wasnt a big fan on Xbox so not sure if I really want to get it. Plus a game called block story or something was a FAOtD before & I think that was basically a minecraft rip off. I heard Terrarria was decent but thats always on sale & I always skip it. Still since Id be using coins and getting coins back, thats pretty much half off.

But yes if you buy with coins you get coins back. Just like using credits, you get coins back with a purchase that offers them.

Oh man I saw this but fuck its the Kindle edition. You lucky bastards who have kindles can get

Nail Salon for free now! Dont act like you dont want it. Have fun girls!

I want to know about minecraft as well. Wasnt a big fan on Xbox so not sure if I really want to get it. Plus a game called block story or something was a FAOtD before & I think that was basically a minecraft rip off. I heard Terrarria was decent but thats always on sale & I always skip it. Still since Id be using coins and getting coins back, thats pretty much half off.

But yes if you buy with coins you get coins back. Just like using credits, you get coins back with a purchase that offers them.
Thanks. I'm a huge Minecraft fan so I'll probably grab it.

I bought it using coins, and it doesn't look like I got the promo coins. All good, I was gonna buy the game regardless. Just wanted to let people know...

*EDIT*

Nevermind, it did show up... So I guess it just took some time, still got the promo on top of promo. 

Here are all the apps that qualify for the 50% Amazon Coins back promo.

Link

You either earn coins back by buying the app or via in-app purchases.

Humble Bundle has yet to offer anything I'm even slightly interested in.

(No, wait I did buy the Humble Bundle 4. Hadn't even installed any of it yet.)

You don't think Aralon looks good? Lame title aside, it's basically a mobile Skyrim-style RPG with pretty robust graphics. $5 normally.

Aralon on Google Play
It looks good, but it's not something I want to be playing on a phone. Mobile games are something you can play in short 5-10 minute bursts.

Aralon would probably take up -way- too much space on my phone and run too slowly.

Plus also the fact that most of us have those games from Amazon from FAOTD or we could get them for free with coins and credits.

Im also one who just enjoys games in short bursts, though I have put in some time into Doom & Destiny. I never thought Id have a day where I'd get a backlog on my phone as well.

As far as space goes on a phone, games like The Cave are just too huge. Its what a Gb by itself? yeah thats quite a chunk of memory for some of us.

I hope to get soon my new Moto G and get all those awesome deals! Sadly, Google Play doesn't let you to buy any app without logging using your android device.

The hyperdevbox games got a big discount today... I'm heated over it because I'm in between paychecks and I love SRPGs lol

I really wish FFT would drop on android it's my favorite game of all time and I sill havnt played WAR OF THE LIONS version of it.

I hope to get soon my new Moto G and get all those awesome deals! Sadly, Google Play doesn't let you to buy any app without logging using your android device.
You can download an Android emulator like Bluestacks and login to the store on it. Then you'll have a device attached to your account and can buy any compatible apps.

Be careful though, if the emulator is compatible with an app but your new Moto G isn't, you'll have wasted that money.

You can download an Android emulator like Bluestacks and login to the store on it. Then you'll have a device attached to your account and can buy any compatible apps.

Be careful though, if the emulator is compatible with an app but your new Moto G isn't, you'll have wasted that money.
It's somewhat aggravating that there isn't a simple way to check whether an app is compatible with a device you don't own. Looking at the minimum Android version works in some cases, but some apps just randomly aren't OK'd for certain devices.

Thank you for the info. I'll try out and I don't know if there will be any app non compatible. Moto G comes with lastest Android version.

New sales on Google Play:

Phase 10 - $1.99 $0.99
Skip-Bo - $1.99 $0.99
Raging Thunder 2 - $1.99 $1.06
Repulze - $2.99 $1.00
ExZeus Arcade - $3.43 $1.71
ExZeus 2 - $5.87 $2.93
Generation of Chaos - $11.75 $5.86
Clarc - $3.99 $2.49
Spectral Souls - $11.78 $5.85
Record of Agarest War - $14.73 $8.79
Blazing Souls Accelerate - $11.75 $5.86
Alice in Wonderland - $1.99 $0.99
Amerzone The Explorer's Legacy - $2.99 $1.15
Beyond Space - $2.99 $0.99

New iKoid bundle:

Ikoid Bundle #10 "To Rule Them All" - $1.49

• Battles and Castles
  • Crystal Story II
  • Legendary Wars
  • Pirates! Showdown Premium

Thank you for the info. I'll try out and I don't know if there will be any app non compatible. Moto G comes with lastest Android version.
Unfortunately with Android it's more than the software version. Because there's so much different hardware out there the developer will sometimes only list it as compatible with a few devices and you won't be able to download it from the play store onto a device that isn't listed. Just yesterday I went searching for an .apk (android package file) from a free game to download and sideload on my phone because it was marked incompatible in the store. It plays just fine. There are also certain games out there that are only made to work with a specific type of hardware, like Tegra devices (Nvidia Shield, Ouya, etc) which the Moto G is not. In those cases it'll probably say it's for Tegra in the description.

A phone like the Moto G should be fine with the vast majority of games in the store, but there will be examples that it won't be marked as compatible with, whether it's capable of running them or not.

The last time I did a survey in the Rewards app I think I noticed an expiration on the reward screen (I'm in the habit of quickly closing the screen right after seeing the amount). 

Anyone else notice this, is it new, or was it always there?  Anyone know of a way to check the expiration date?

The last time I did a survey in the Rewards app I think I noticed an expiration on the reward screen (I'm in the habit of quickly closing the screen right after seeing the amount).

Anyone else notice this, is it new, or was it always there? Anyone know of a way to check the expiration date?
At the bottom it says that rewards credit will expire in one year. I first noticed it about a month ago, but I don't remember it earlier on in the program.

At the bottom it says that rewards credit will expire in one year. I first noticed it about a month ago, but I don't remember it earlier on in the program.
Yeah, I don't remember seeing it earlier either but like I thought I could've just missed it. Thanks for the confirmation.

I know the Kemco Games are usually on sale, but some of the descriptions on Google are saying they are 50% off.  When referenced with the games on Amazon most are the same price but do not advertise a sale.

Kemco Games

Google Play

Amazon

The one Im most interested in is Alphadia Genesis which seems to be $9.99 on Amazon

But on sale for $4.99 on Google Play

Also its another one of those games where Amazon says its not compatible with any device.

10000000 is a massively fun app in my opinion but has virtually no replay value. It was also a free app of the day on Amazon. Think match 3 RPG.

New sales on Google Play:

Phase 10 - $1.99 $0.99
Skip-Bo - $1.99 $0.99
Raging Thunder 2 - $1.99 $1.06
Repulze - $2.99 $1.00
ExZeus Arcade - $3.43 $1.71
ExZeus 2 - $5.87 $2.93
Generation of Chaos - $11.75 $5.86
Clarc - $3.99 $2.49
Spectral Souls - $11.78 $5.85
Record of Agarest War - $14.73 $8.79
Blazing Souls Accelerate - $11.75 $5.86
Alice in Wonderland - $1.99 $0.99
Amerzone The Explorer's Legacy - $2.99 $1.15
Beyond Space - $2.99 $0.99

New iKoid bundle:

Ikoid Bundle #10 "To Rule Them All" - $1.49

• Battles and Castles
  • Crystal Story II
  • Legendary Wars
  • Pirates! Showdown Premium
Any one know if Generation of Chaos/Spectral Souls/Blazing Souls Accelate are the same as the PSP versions? I've wanted to play Blazing Souls Accelate for a long time, but I haven't touched my PSP in a year.

Yeah 1000000 is great, but I finished it months ago. It's a must buy if you haven't played it yet.

I tried one of those Kemco games and got pretty bored about a few hours in. It was very generic. You can put everything on auto-pilot except the boss battles. And those just required you to use healing potions and special attacks non stop instead.

10000000 is a massively fun app in my opinion but has virtually no replay value. It was also a free app of the day on Amazon. Think match 3 RPG.
Still for $.99 you're getting a lot of playtime, and anyone who owns the game will receive the developer's next, You Must Build A Boat, for free, which even more reason to pick it up if you haven't.

Any recommendations on any of those Google Play games on sale?

The Dark Knight Rises and Alice in Wonderland specifically.
The Dark Knight Rises is pretty fun, it plays similar to Arkham City, just simplified a little bit. It has the same combat style, gliding and grapple stuff.

Some actual good games on sale for once, but too rich for my blood. At 75% off I'd probably bite on most of the SRPGs.

Record of Agarest War is actually pretty solid. I've had it on Xbox for a long time. Word of warning though, while it has great graphics, nice characters, solid gameplay, and a lot of depth, it's EXTREMELY tedious and repetitive. Okay, say you want to get from one town to another, or from one area that advances the story to another... well, you're going to have to move across five or so map nodes to get there, and each one is going to be a generic battle that doesn't advance the plot at all, on every single map node. And these battles are full of enemies, full scale, and take a fair bit to complete. And when you get to certain places that have you walk around and find stuff and whatnot, there are random battles like your typical RPG. Unfortunately this is not the kind of game for that... because battles are far too long, so these areas are even more annoying.

The game is BIG, and epic, and it spans literal generations of your hero's lineage, since you're courting a girl as each character you play as, and depending on how strong your relationship with her is at the end of that hero's generation, the son you have with the girl you choose will have bonus stats or something, and he's your hero in the next generation. It's a cool game, but unfortunately like I said above, it's just the epitome of grindy. Way, way too many battles, and the combat system relies heavily on positioning your party members in a certain way so when you attack with one, a link attack occurs and everyone in the formation attacks too. This gets really repetitive as well, and makes the never-ending chain of seemingly meaningless battles too similar to each other and just... boring.

Still... it's worth playing. It's unique, deep, and it has waifus. Too pricey for me to double-dip on it though.

Two more notable games are on sale:

Shadowrun Returns $9.99 $3.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harebrainedschemes.shadowrun
I'm pretty tempted to double dip for Shadowrun on mobile as well as Steam for $3.99

Still for $.99 you're getting a lot of playtime, and anyone who owns the game will receive the developer's next, You Must Build A Boat, for free, which even more reason to pick it up if you haven't.
I certainly got my money's worth out of that game. 10000000 is the best match 3 I've played yet.

bread's done
Back