Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
So now that Castle Doombad is regular price on Google play why not jump over to the Amazon App Store?

Its still at the reduced the price to the sale price of $0.99 and not only that it comes with 30 coins

Castle Doombad- Amazon Appstore

So go ahead and spend those shiny Amazon coins.  I know its been suggested before, but Ive played it & recommend it since we have a ton of coins to spend now.

(I bought it when it was $2.99, but I think I got 90-150 coins back or something? Damn promo credits)

Its a very well put together tower defense game by adult swim games.  Of course this time you're the villian and keeping out heroes from saving the princess. This game almost reminds me of a cartoon version of the Tecmo Deception series. I miss that series on Playstation one...

Looking at some other TD games Im looking at OTTTD which has some pretty good reviews on it. You know coins and all that to spend.

Speaking of TD how does Bloons TD 5 constantly get into the top paid apps? I see it on Google play and Amazon.  Had it not been a free app from Amazon I wouldnt buy it.  Youd think a game with monkeys and baloons would be a bit more fun.

You guys had to mention Scurvy Scallywags, Ive dl it and now playing it.  Its cute and pretty good.  Helps a lot when you finally get the movements down.  Although hearts take a long time to recharge dont they? When I buy them from the store it the prices increase each time dont they?  I understand the F2P model but after a while I can tell this game will come to a point where you will have to spend money.  I know I play MPQ a lot, but this ones repetition will cause burnout a little quicker IMO.

Is there a way to stop the Amazon Appstore app from trying to automatically download every game you purchase?  I would rather not clutter up my phone with every FAOTD.  I tried setting a wifi limit but that just pauses the download and causes an annoying popup, and I can't seem to cancel paused downloads either.

Is there a way to stop the Amazon Appstore app from trying to automatically download every game you purchase? I would rather not clutter up my phone with every FAOTD. I tried setting a wifi limit but that just pauses the download and causes an annoying popup, and I can't seem to cancel paused downloads either.
Yeah, this bugs me too, and is why I pretty much only grab free apps on a web browser. The app always autodownloads and it's a pain.

I agree I think it's usually $2.99. Although it doesn't look to be on sale because there's no higher price with a strike through it.

Although hearts take a long time to recharge dont they? When I buy them from the store it the prices increase each time dont they?
I wouldn't know as I have yet to lose a heart. Still having an easy time of it at level 17 and 9 shanties collected. The only think I've seen in the store for real money is the doubler, but I haven't had much trouble getting gold without it. Still playing every day until I get bored.

Is there a way to stop the Amazon Appstore app from trying to automatically download every game you purchase? I would rather not clutter up my phone with every FAOTD. I tried setting a wifi limit but that just pauses the download and causes an annoying popup, and I can't seem to cancel paused downloads either.
Google Play is worse. I've bought stuff there via my web browser and had it automatically push the install to my mobile device. At least Amazon lets you buy it via the web site and then keeps the app in storage until you ask for it.

You have to do it from the browser and make sure the deliver to "Cloud Only" option is selected. I didnt want my phone or the kids kindle cluttered up with all the stuff I've grabbed only for the free coins.

Cyber Knights RPG Elite is on sale for 99 cent on both Google Play and the Amazon App Store... kinda reminds me of a Cyber Punk version of Shining Force. I've always wanted to play it and after 4 hours of solid game time I wish I would have tried it before for 2.99

Gangstar Vegas is a sell and I'll give my impressions of it later... it's bed time

Wha? I missed all of the RadianGames at 1/2 off plus 60 coins back?  (net 30 coins each!)  blah.  I still want to try bombcats, it's the only one I've never seen/tried. 200 - 60 = ok. (especially when sitting on 2,000 free coins that I legitimately received)

I've been playing Ski Safari: Adventure Time, waiting for Card Wars to update/fix so I can finally try it.

Special note: Ski Safari:AT doesn't work properly for phones through Amazon since the latest update (which they never have) fixes the glitch that finishes your run instead of just permanently sitting in the avalanche.  I bought it again through GooglePlay and it works perfectly.

I don't care what fancy font is being used, that's a D, not a B. Game is now called ENDORN-X.

917xq7Hb5NL._AA300_.png

I dont know what this game is, but it used to be $5.99 and now its free

Neoniks: Dont touch the bad magic

For once Amazon is ahead with this one, its free on Google play but it's version 1.0 while Amazon is v1.5

Im guessing its similar to those "dont touch the white tile games" which I have seen but never played.

As taken from the description "This game is similar to but better then: Dont Step the white tile" so there you go.

How does Amazon decide what to pick as the free app of the day? 99% of the stuff they pick I would never actually download even for free.

Looks like Swiftkey keyboard is now free with paid themes. Previous purchasers get a complimentary $5 theme pack.

Edit - My phone doesn't seem to want to post links.

Looks like Swiftkey keyboard is now free with paid themes. Previous purchasers get a complimentary $5 theme pack. Edit - My phone doesn't seem to want to post links.
I have to say, I'm glad they offered up something to those of us that paid for the app and supported them, rather than just saying thanks for the cashola, suckers!

I still like Swiftkey the best out of a ton of other keyboards. Now if only it would work properly with Marvel Puzzle Quest...

Do those of us who bought Swiftkey through the Amazon app store get the theme pack as well?
Uninstall SwiftKey on your phone, then install it from the Play Store. When you sign into your SwiftKey Cloud account, you'll be able to install the premium pack from the SwiftKey Store.

Temp

Amazon Free-App-Of-The-Day: 6/11
Pirates! Showdown - Normal price: $2.99

New Sales on Google Play
Empire: Deck Building Strategy - $2.99 $0.99
Pocket League Story - $4.99 $1.20
The Walk: Fitness Tracking Game - $2.99 $0.99
Super Soccer Champs '13 - $2.99 $0.99
Tempted to get Empire but it looks like it's just player vs computer. Seems like that would wear thin quickly. Then again, it is only $0.99

The Walk is from the same people who brought you Zombies, Run. I'd rather jog than walk anyway.

Need to get back into 5k training mode.

Temp

Tempted to get Empire but it looks like it's just player vs computer. Seems like that would wear thin quickly. Then again, it is only $0.99

The Walk is from the same people who brought you Zombies, Run. I'd rather jog than walk anyway.

Need to get back into 5k training mode.
Empire is also $0.99 on Amazon with 30 coins back.

My replacement Hisense Sero Pro arrived today.  It wasn't sealed (the seals were torn) so I'm actually wondering why that's the case.  It looks like a return to be quite honest, which annoys me considering I sent them back a defective unit so why not just send me a "new" factory refurb as opposed to a returned one?  I'll play dumb and pretend they opened it themselves to make sure I was getting a good one.

Everything inside looked fine though and it turned on and takes a charge fine.  So it doesn't have the same problem as the first one.  It look a while to find and connect to my Wi-Fi so that gives me a bit of concern since I read that aside from the charging issue, the other main issue with these things was Wi-Fi connectivity.  I restarted the tablet to see if it had any issues connecting to the WI-Fi and nothing so far.  The only thing i can see wrong is two grey pixels on the LCD, which may have been the reason someone returned this one, but honestly if all other things work fine I'm willing to live with it. 

Hoping to load some of the games I bought with my Amazon coins on it this week and test it out extensively.  

Edit:

So far so good.

Installed and was able to play the following fine:

Simpsons Tapped Out (Google Play)

Mines of Mars (Amazon)

Minecraft (Amazon)

Block Wars (Amazon)

Contract Killer: Zombie (Amazon)

Only one it wouldn't run was Life of Wolf 2014, but I suspect it's because that game is really shitty.  It loads up to a really dim main screen and I can press all the buttons for new game, story, free play, etc. but they don't do anything.  Even the Exit button doesn't work.  I expected the game to suck, but was hoping it would at least run.  

God damn. Just realized you can't buy Android programs from Amazon without the Amazon app store installed on something. Don't currently have it installed because reasons, but harumph.

bread's done
Back