Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just coming to post this. Fun game on the PC - I can see how playing the Android version would be best on a tablet. Everything is super-tiny on my S3. Easy to tap in the wrong spot.
Yeah, this looks decent but the screens will probably be way too small on my phone.

I'm just happy the Card Wars - Adventure Time game was free - been on my list for a while!
I finally got around to downloading some of the free apps from the weekend. This was on my list since I heard good things. But has anyone got it to work? I downloaded it 2 times, can get to the 2nd loading screen, hear some music, see the snal loading icon in the upper left and then.....force close. Tried multiple times, then read Im not alone in this. From the reviews this seems like a very buggy glitchy game. Also havent heard anyone comment here on if it was good or not, so Im wondering if anyone else got it to work.

Also had my eye on Clarc, which now gives the amazon coins back since its no longer free. Played a bit of that last night, cute little puzzler. Honestly it reminds me of Wall-e. Pretty good controls, good humor, Im glad it was free, but I couldve seen myself spending the $5 for it.

As for the kairosoft games, they're a great distraction. Im playing dungeon village and enjoying it. Still I cant seem to find any reason to drop any money on the other games. If I want more I may download Pocket League story. The issue I have is after building or directing it goes on autopilot and you just watch. If I had more direct control it may be better. Just like Game Dev story, you just get to that point where you're too good & you seem to breeze through everything.

Now for some sales:

Amazon has a bunch of stuff for the kiddos

PBS Kids has select apps on sale for $0.99, not as many as last time, but the ones here are different.

Cupcake Digital has plenty of apps on sale from 0.99 to 1.49 The range from digital story books to coloring apps.

Lots of fun characters too: Yo Gaba gaba, Wubbzy Strawberry Shortcake, & various dreamworks friends.

Google play

Looks like a Warhammer 40K game is on sale $2.99 down from $4.99

Im not familiar with the WH40k universe but looks like a TD game where you can choose either the space marines or the orks.

Dracula 4 down to $0.99 from $4.99

Digging around I found this, top reviews on google play are saying its like a metroidvania light. May put on wish list just in case it goes on sale. With the show being rebooted, I figured there'd be more hype about it.

Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville

Amazon

Google play

Currently $3.99 in both stores.

I was able to install card wars and play. Froze on me once. Decent game, but I have so many across do many platforms that I don't spend much time playing any one game for long.

I was just coming to post this. Fun game on the PC - I can see how playing the Android version would be best on a tablet. Everything is super-tiny on my S3. Easy to tap in the wrong spot.
Eh, debatable. Is the mobile version the same, where you basically have to die 1,000 times to unlock all the classes?

Haven't been around for awhile. Any new releases worth mentioning?
The World Ends With You was released recently. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 was also announced for mobile devices; it's out on iOS and the Android version is listed as "soon." Hitman GO was released a few weeks ago, and it's generally considered to be a really good strategy game.

The World Ends With You was released recently. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 was also announced for mobile devices; it's out on iOS and the Android version is listed as "soon." Hitman GO was released a few weeks ago, and it's generally considered to be a really good strategy game.
Oh wow, I used to be a huge TWEWY fan (I think I 100%'d it on DS). Naturally it isn't on Amazon yet... hopefully that changes. $18 is too rich for my blood (though still tempting, I'd love to play it again).

Oh wow, I used to be a huge TWEWY fan (I think I 100%'d it on DS). Naturally it isn't on Amazon yet... hopefully that changes. $18 is too rich for my blood (though still tempting, I'd love to play it again).
I never played it, but considering I have some $30 worth of Amazon coins with no idea what to do with, I'd be willing to drop $18 on it if/when it comes there (that is pretty crazy expensive for a mobile game though, even if it's a DS port).

Whoops, forgot to update this again (though thankfully others aren't as lazy absent minded). Some new sales (not sure what how many of them have been posted):

Google Play Sales
The Room 2 - $2.99 $0.99
TileStorm Eire - $2.99 $0.99
PolarStorm - $2.99 $0.99
Blazing Star - $2.99 $0.99
Phase 10 - $1.99 $0.99
Skip-Bo - $1.99 $0.99
Hack Run - $1.99 $0.99
Sine Mora - $5.99 $2.99
The King of Fighters-A 2012 - $6.99 $3.99

Amazon Free-App-Of-The-Day: 7/8
Pipe Puzzle- Normal price: $0.99

What a friggin battery killer! I've enabled the battery saver setting - hopefully that will help.
Really? I havent noticed it sucking the juice down. I also havent noticed anything different with battery saver mode either.

Then again after Marvel Puzzle Quest EVERYTHING saves battery compared to that. On a full charge that game can drain my battery after a couple hours play.

They Extended the Sine Mora sale? I was going to post that but they said it ended on the 6th. Oh well. It was ok on XBLA not sure the translation onto a mobile device. Its great if you love bullet hell shooters, maybe for a tablet it would be good.

If you have a Samsung Android device you can download Kindle for Samsung from the Samsung Apps Store and get a free ebook each month. It says choose one of four so it may be the same selection as the Kindle Firsts which gives 1 of 4 ebooks free to Prime members every month. 

link

Slickdeals will buy anything cheap just because. If you Google Zeki Tablet there's lots of really bad reviews and experiences about them all over the place.

I guess if you're a console person and you buy crap from Sears anyway it could be okay. Assuming they sell console games for whatever passes for a decent price for a console person (which is still too much).

I don't know anything about Sears other than the 80s called and it wants its Toughskins back.

Slickdeals will buy anything cheap just because. If you Google Zeki Tablet there's lots of really bad reviews and experiences about them all over the place.
Usually it goes "Here's a tablet cheap!" "That Tablet sucks" "You're being mean to the person who showed us the tablet! It's... ummm.. a really nice tablet if you don't mind a 45min battery life, no Amazon/Play Store access and a screen reaction time measured in 'megasloths'." "Bought!" "Bought!" "Bought thanks!"

This, like card wars, I was interested in merely for the cartoon network license & so my kids could have another game to play on their devices. After reading the reviews on Amazon, then reading the reviews on Google play Ive come to a couple conclusions.

1. Permissions: anything that has any type of permissions to do ANYTHING is a bad app. What do these people think their phones do on a regular basis? How do they use any apps at all? Phone must be in Airline mode at all times then...
  2. Complain about app enough, get new app. Dont like the app of the day? Not your bag? Get enough people to complain about, lets say invasive permissions, we get a new app of the day. (PS. The replacement app sometimes suck more than the reg app!)
I honestly am beginning to think the older generation, which apps like this dont appeal to, just wants apps more for them.

Case in point, yesterdays Pipe puzzle FAOTD. I played it, an annoying pop up, and the puzzle was very lame. Simplistic, no time limits or challenge, basically something for an older or casual gamer. Reviews were wonderful. Even the reviews that say how annoying the game is gave it 3 stars. I swear Amazon users, when does app permissions take the place of fun?

I never listen to Amazon reviews when it comes to apps anymore. And I think you're right that they give poor ratings just to get the FAOTD replaced. That's not fair to the devs either.

Will this work sideloaded on Ouya for touch screen only games?
I don't have an Ouya to try it out on, but it can supposedly emulate touchscreen actions on non touch screen devices according to the creator. "6. emulate Touchscreen action, even work with devices with no touchscreen (e.g. Android TV Box) (need root)"

Uh... A single 5-star review and no others? And no comments on it whatsoever? I think I'll pass.
This is a relaunch of the original "gamekeyboard" with new features. It originally dates from around 2012 or so. I've been watching it for a while but finally popped because of the price change. It is not perfect, but it does its job well enough for the price lol.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1604731

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/

Not a deal, but something to try if your on android 4.4, you can already switch your runtime from dalvik to ART. Which so far for me has taken my battery life from what usually would last 50% in ~6-8hrs to having 90% left in the same amount of time. It recompiles all your apps so its not doing it on the fly anymore, speeds up everything basically and supposed to reduce memory usage as well

Go to the about screen, tap the build number 7 times, then back up and hit developer options, change runtime to art. It will reboot, then recompile all your apps (so make sure you have enough battery or are plugged in)

Of course it's a dev option so ymmv use at your own risk etc, it's been known to break a few apps here and there but most devs have been quick to fix

bread's done
Back