Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please check out my Metal Slug Defense Guide:

Top 10 tips and tricks for Metal Slug Defense

The game is free, really good, and you can complete the whole thing without buying anything.
Another great write up and I was playing that for a while removed it to get back to my paid games I now have a backlog like my console/pc.

Since you are an editor over there you think you guys could have a smart watch roundup of all the new watches and possible which is better for fitness and/or extra features. I have read your guys review on the Sony Smartwatch 3 and it seems like the closest one to what I am looking for.

Another great write up and I was playing that for a while removed it to get back to my paid games I now have a backlog like my console/pc.

Since you are an editor over there you think you guys could have a smart watch roundup of all the new watches and possible which is better for fitness and/or extra features. I have read your guys review on the Sony Smartwatch 3 and it seems like the closest one to what I am looking for.
Thanks very much, Headpiece. I'm super happy that people are responding well to the guide.

I looked into it, and right now we just have some additional coverage planned for the Moto 360. I'll suggest the roundup idea and see what they think.

The Tales of Illyria games are on sale for .99. They are like the Choose Your Own Adventure gamebooks meets Oregon Trail. The first game is listed as "TOI: Fallen Knight" and the second "TOI: Beyond the Iron Wall". They are really good games if you're into pen-and-paper RPGs.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littlekillerz.ringstrail
They're also on Amazon for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Killerz-TOI-Fallen-Knight/dp/B00DGYZRG4

http://www.amazon.com/TOI-Beyond-Iron-Wall-RPG/dp/B00J2BPE5Y/

If you're like me and have tons of coins.

I keep getting that "missing license" error for House of the Dead that a lot of the reviews mentioned. Has anyone else who bought the game been able to play it after it went free?

Has anyone run into problems updating the Amazon app...for Amazon apps? I'm on a Moto G and when I ran the updated I got a corrupted file error. When I try to update the app, it starts a download that never ends. What's going on?

(This is referring to the Amazon app for their appstore, not the regular Amazon app for shopping)

Castle Doombad is worth a download. Grab it.
Castle Doombad is one of the best mobile games I've played. Best freebie I've seen in awhile.
This would be my first game from Adult Swim Games. Are any of the others from them any good?

Hey, the Amazon Prime Video app now works on non-Kindle devices (or, at least it lists itself on the Appstore. Haven't tried it yet.)

Looks like Great Fusion and Jeopardy aren't on sale on Amazon (yet).
Thanks. Looks like it is eligible for my tablet and will probably work for my sister's Galaxy Tab. Now I just need a subscription and the funds to make it happen.

This would be my first game from Adult Swim Games. Are any of the others from them any good?

Thanks. Looks like it is eligible for my tablet and will probably work for my sister's Galaxy Tab. Now I just need a subscription and the funds to make it happen.
Amateur surgeon 3 was good. A bit large of a file size, and some fairly tricky missions.

First time ever that I've been enticed enough to buy a Humble Bundle. Been wanting Tiny Bang Story for over a year now but have not seen it below $3.00 before, so had to grab the bundle just for that alone, the other two games are like a bonus. Surprisingly Color Zen is actually pretty good too.

I went in on the bundle as well - been wanting Horn for my phone for some time - but holy crap, 1.6GB download/installed? Yikes...hopefully it's a good game.

Tiny Bang and Colors are definitely good. I find the controls for Heroes of Loot to be somewhat frustrating. It seems like an iffy dual-stick job.

Oooh, movie tie-in Real Steel HD free on Amazon.

On a related note, there's a free turn-based boxing game called Bullseye that's been enjoyable for an hour. You basically weigh whether to weaken an opponent's health or ability, though it's a little more than a binary choice. So far, most bouts are only about a minute and each has only taken a few tries to figure out. The ads are as unintrusive as I've seen on a game--there are AdMob ads on the bottom of loading screen that are easy to ignore.

Another sports game, Football Manager 14 (yeah, it's soccer), is $5 on Google Play and Amazon. Amazon version doesn't work with my phones, though.

Earlier today Amazon finally had the new nVidia tablet in stock with a shipping date of Sept. 14. I went to make a digital purchase, so it only took a minute, and by the time I went back to the tablet they were out of stock already. Geez.

R-Type is the FAOTD. I think I have R-Type II from an old Humble Bundle.

None of the new iKoid bundle games look good to me. They probably should try to start scheduling these for NOT the day after a new Humble Mobile Bundle.
Ah darn. For a second, I thought you meant Blazing Star, also handled by DotEmu, which I really want to try but don't think a shmup would play well on Android. Well, I guess I'll try R-Type too though it's a much older game.

Has anyone run into problems updating the Amazon app...for Amazon apps? I'm on a Moto G and when I ran the updated I got a corrupted file error. When I try to update the app, it starts a download that never ends. What's going on?

(This is referring to the Amazon app for their appstore, not the regular Amazon app for shopping)
Installs, directs me to use the Amazon app, then says the video is incompatible with my device. a 2012 note tablet

The Amazon Mobile App has a nasty way of running itself in the background when I don't want it to...I've opted to dump both that and the Prime Instant Video app from my S3 and TF300T until Amazon gets it together.

Still am looking for a decent CCG.

One that has:

1. A storyline

2. Actual playing of cards (not just clicking attack and watching animations)

3. Readable font.

4. Friendly, balanced community. (No lvl 80 players vs lvl 2)

What have I tried so far?

Cabals, Evoker, Tyrant, Shadow Era, Star Realms, Fantastica, Order & Chaos

Still am looking for a decent CCG.

One that has:

1. A storyline

2. Actual playing of cards (not just clicking attack and watching animations)

3. Readable font.

4. Friendly, balanced community. (No lvl 80 players vs lvl 2)

What have I tried so far?

Cabals, Evoker, Tyrant, Shadow Era, Star Realms, Fantastica, Order & Chaos
What about Magic 2014?

Hopefully SolForge will be getting its campaign mode soon.

I'm also interested to know what you thought about the games you've listed, since I've only tried Cabals and Shadow Era myself.

What about Magic 2014?

Hopefully SolForge will be getting its campaign mode soon.

I'm also interested to know what you thought about the games you've listed, since I've only tried Cabals and Shadow Era myself.
Evoker has a play system where you just touch attack, and the cards do their own thing. i wanted more control over things instead of just watching animations.

Tyrant is okay, it has a story mode, control over your cards (to some extent), a PvP system. The font on the cards is a little small and the upgrade system is confusing. And you can't seem to sort your cards by strength, health, etc. I'm still kinda sticking with it.

I liked Order & Chaos, and played it for quite a while, (has nice campaign, good card control, PvP, etc). It does seem to be a pay to win type game. I got to a point where I couldn't seem to progress unless I paid for better cards.

Anyone on here have any Android stick recommendations? Thinking of getting something for streaming, figure I might as well get something that will do games and I don't want to be limited by an Amazon fire.

bread's done
Back