Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I did too. Puts me right at $20 in coins since I've been hoarding them. Might have to actually spend some and pick up King of Dragon Pass, wouldn't think it would hit free app of the day any time soon though I'm not entirely sure about sales.

May keep the rest of them set aside though. Physical Elder Sign is getting a new expansion, so they may expand the Android one too and I'd wanna scoop that up since ES is probably my favorite Android game. Would also be tempted to pick up more Sorcery! after the first one was a free app of the day, but since they've only released 2 and seem to be dragging their heels and releasing other games I'm not all charged up to press on.

If you've only been playing Shadowrun on a tablet then you're in for a treat with Dragonfall. Quite a bit better campaign than DMS. Since they haven't ported it yet I would imagine they'll do the stand-alone director's cut version they recently released on PC, too.
I've played Dragonfall on the PC, well up to the point you make a rather large payment. Just started the director's cut on pc then heard it was getting an android release and stopped. Hell I bought the first one on both platforms, bought the expansion from a cag in another region during the steam summer sale. I'll pay the full $15 that it will presumably be on release for Android just for convenience. Plus I was digging the hell out of vanilla Dragonfall and the additional missions related to your crew and the extra stuff make it that much sweeter.

Yes people if you like tactical games Shadowrun Returns is that good. The first is very linear but Dragonfall is full of murky decisions that matter. I recommend both and if the first one is still 2.49 and you can run it and remotely like tactical squad combat or strategy rpgs or rpgs buy now.

Wish shadowrun was on the amazon appstore. Would like to have it on my fire hdx. Also wish I had gotten in on the free coins, but no email for me

Im also going to have to recommend Terra Battle.  It was not what I expected.  Although I dont get the story, to be honest Im not really reading it.  It reminds me of that horrible mobage crap, like rage of Bahamut or something.  However gameplay, I just am in awe.  Its a well done tactical RPG puzzle game.  Not a match 3 but something different.  Very simple to learn but when you actually strategize it can get as deep as you want.

I can definitely say that Mistwalker did a great job.  Makes me wish they'd do a lost odyssey 2.  In which I still need to finish the first one. 

As much as I enjoy Marvel Puzzle Quest, this game is quite fresh. So def DL it and use the code Headpiece gave above.  Mine gave me a Kusch which is the give me character right now, does that mean I have 2? Because I cant find another one.

Sleep Talk Recorder - $0.99 FREE (App of the Day)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madinsweden.sleeptalk

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sleep-talk-recorder/id391767653?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Do you talk in your sleep? Are you sure? Now you can find out.

Over 1,500,000 downloads and an average rating of 4.5/5.

”Sleep Talk Recorder is a great iOS application that records exactly what you say while you’re fast asleep and dreaming. It works like a charm.” (AppAdvice.com)

"Not only is it useful, but entertaining as well. You will be shocked at what some people say under the guise of sleep!” (148Apps.com)

"Getting this app showed me what I thought was occasional snoring was actually severe sleep apnea. I was waking myself 60-100 times a night, with loud snoring that sounded like something from a space alien. If I could give it 100 stars, I would." (user, Soundpro)

#1 Top Paid - United Kingdom
#1 Top Paid - Sweden
#1 Top Paid - Norway
#1 Top Paid - New Zealand
Top 5 in Germany, Australia, Austria, Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Slovenia, Hungary, Iceland, Denmark, Malta, Switzerland & Ireland.

Does Terra Battle use cross-platform/server side saves?
I just changed devices and was hoping for multiple device support. Games can be saved but you can only use one device at a time. I switched from my rooted Kindle fire hd to my phone, then tried to play back on the kindle. Error message popped up saying data moved to another device, restart game & begin new game. Now I have to swap the game save back to the Kindle. So, at least you can swap devices but the way to do it leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for the Terra Battle recommendation.  Not sure how long it'll last for me, but it's fun for a while.  And the code got me another pretty cool dude (although sadly no rank S/SS for me.)

14 free premium family apps from Amazon for Friday & Saturday only.

Link

Yo Gabba Gabba! Party in My Tummy
Fionna Fights - Adventure Time    
Kids Measurement Science - Length, Weight, Time and Money games    
Kids Reading Comprehension Level 2 (Kindle Tablet Edition)    
Fast Food Nutrition , Calories , Carbs plus Calculator for Weight Loss , Diet Watchers , Cals , BMI & Carb Control...    
Grocery Shopping List    
House Cleaning List    
Motivated Moms - 2014    
Healthy Habit Tracker    
Mathemagica - Math School, Prepare for elementary school exams, learn through flash cards, first to sixth grade...    
Reward Charts    
Owl and Pals Preschool Lessons    
Gro Flowers    
Words and Riddles: Crossword Puzzle

Don't forget the FAOTD as well.

Jack & the Creepy Castle - $1.15 FREE

I got my nVidia Shield Tablet yesterday. I really haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet, though some of my EA games don't work because of an apparent aspect ratio issue some EA games have. It's slick though, and light. I like the official cover for the most part, but the plastic that connects it to the tablet allows the cover to swing flimsily. I thought I would have instant regret because the next Nexus line was announced yesterday, but the few nVidia apps that are preinstalled are actually quite nice. And I love the stylus! I don't have the controller yet though.

I got my nVidia Shield Tablet yesterday. I really haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet, though some of my EA games don't work because of an apparent aspect ratio issue some EA games have. It's slick though, and light. I like the official cover for the most part, but the plastic that connects it to the tablet allows the cover to swing flimsily. I thought I would have instant regret because the next Nexus line was announced yesterday, but the few nVidia apps that are preinstalled are actually quite nice. And I love the stylus! I don't have the controller yet though.
I got mine last week and love it. I have the controller but hate that they don't sell a carry case for it, I take mine to work and play on my downtime and am afraid of f'ing up controller in my bag by carrying it all the time. Great purchase though, I don't regret it but I should have not been cheap and got the 32GB version instead of the 16GB.

Republique is finally coming to Android on the 23rd and the first 3 episodes will be available. Both Google Play and Amazon are confirmed so that may be a good place to spend some coins.

The first episode will get a discount to $2.99 during the first week and there's a season pass for $14.99. Episodes are normally $4.99 each and I think there are supposed to be 5 total.

I got mine last week and love it. I have the controller but hate that they don't sell a carry case for it, I take mine to work and play on my downtime and am afraid of f'ing up controller in my bag by carrying it all the time. Great purchase though, I don't regret it but I should have not been cheap and got the 32GB version instead of the 16GB.
That's my only problem with it too. The controller needs a case. You think for a "portable" gaming setup, somebody would make a damn case for the thing.

That's my only problem with it too. The controller needs a case. You think for a "portable" gaming setup, somebody would make a damn case for the thing.
I agree a case would be nice. I went straight to a (Sony) 64GB microSD. It was a little over $30 on Amazon when I got it. By the time I'm done adding game from Google Play and Amazon, it'll be somewhere around 300. Oy.

I thought the Nexus tablet was going to be better but a 4:3 ratio what were they thinking and the specs are similar to the nVidia Shield but the Shield has it beat in every other area from reviews and people's accounts. If I get a tablet it will be the Shield.

The only thing I don't like about mine is the hairline cracks around the edges (not the same as the seams at the edges). This is my second one, and they both have had them.

nVidia says it is a problem with a "limited" batch, but it seems to be rather widespread from what I'm seeing.

Other than that, it's a great tablet. My computer's video card isn't new enough to support the official streaming to it, but I downloaded 'SplashTop THD' and can now stream almost any game from my PC to it, along with controller support. Really cool being able to play Fallout 3 on it. :)

If you haven't tried the Grid Beta, and you have a relatively good internet connection, you should give that a try also. I was pretty amazed what my limited internet speed could accomplish. Just wish they would add more games, even if they started charging a reasonable fee...

The only thing I don't like about mine is the hairline cracks around the edges (not the same as the seams at the edges). This is my second one, and they both have had them.

nVidia says it is a problem with a "limited" batch, but it seems to be rather widespread from what I'm seeing.

Other than that, it's a great tablet. My computer's video card isn't new enough to support the official streaming to it, but I downloaded 'SplashTop THD' and can now stream almost any game from my PC to it, along with controller support. Really cool being able to play Fallout 3 on it. :)

If you haven't tried the Grid Beta, and you have a relatively good internet connection, you should give that a try also. I was pretty amazed what my limited internet speed could accomplish. Just wish they would add more games, even if they started charging a reasonable fee...
I don't have any hairline cracks, thank god, but it has randomly restarted and then froze on the nVidia screen quite a few times. I'm hoping it's just because I was downloading apps while moving other apps to the SD card, but I would think it should be able tto handle that. The launcher has also crashed a few times on me. I Googled it, and that seems pretty widespread as well. Hopefully they fix that in an update.

what's the best way to keep up with app sales? - is there an app for this?
feels like i've been missing out

bought a few of the humble android bundles but still somewhat prefer to have them on the Play Store

Amazon Appstore Deal of the Day [SIZE=.82em]This offer is valid today only, October 19, 2014.[/SIZE]

Up to 80% Off New and Popular Apps for Android.

Link

Leo's Fortune - $4.99 $0.99

Terreria - $4.99 $0.99

White Noise - $1.99 $0.99

Fingerpaint Magic - $1.99 $0.99
Thanks for the heads up on these. I grabbed Leo's, as I have a Shield, and it is one of the recommend games every time I go the Google store. It has great reviews, and looks awesome, I just normally try to wait on sales, as my backlog is so HUGE, I never feel the need to buy full priced games, unless they are truly limited edition titles.

I got 300 of those Amazon coins a few weeks ago through some promotion(don't know how or why), and I didn't even have to pay the .99, SWEET!

what's the best way to keep up with app sales? - is there an app for this?
feels like i've been missing out

bought a few of the humble android bundles but still somewhat prefer to have them on the Play Store
I use AppSales. It works great, though it only checks Google Play.

Nice find on Leo's Fortune. Even after getting all but a few Star Wars tables and the South Park tables in Zen Pinball (which don't offer coins back anymore) I still have 1700 Amazon coins to use.

That's sad to hear about the coins back on the South Park tables. I'm a sucker for promotions like that. I end up buying everything.

HaloGX, have you been watching the new Sega anime? I posted about it in the Japanese games thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/?p=12170279
To be honest I didn't even check the South Park tables because I don't like South Park. The Walking Dead table was still giving back 60 coins, and the Star Wars tables used to but don't anymore.

Also to be honest, I don't watch anime. Just not my thing.

Yeah, I just bought the Walking Dead table myself and it gave me 60 coins back. I wish there were more of the original tables like on Xbox.

That Sega anime is only like 11 minutes per episode, so if you don't like anime - it does have annoying tropes - at least you won't have to suffer for long to enjoy the old-school references.

I use AppSales. It works great, though it only checks Google Play.

Nice find on Leo's Fortune. Even after getting all but a few Star Wars tables and the South Park tables in Zen Pinball (which don't offer coins back anymore) I still have 1700 Amazon coins to use.
I just bought both South Park tables through Zen Pinball and got 60 coins back for each table.

Yeah I meant specifically the Star Wars table because I didn't check the South Park tables.

One a side note I think I found out why my Shield Tablet was crashing etc. The sd card wasn't mounted properly and popped out on its own. After I clicked it back in there hasn't been any issues.

Yeah I meant specifically the Star Wars table because I didn't check the South Park tables.

One a side note I think I found out why my Shield Tablet was crashing etc. The sd card wasn't mounted properly and popped out on its own. After I clicked it back in there hasn't been any issues.
That must have just changed recently. I remember The Walking Dead table via in-app purchase in Zen Pinball didn't use to offer the 60 free coins. Only from the stand alone app. Glad they now offer it via Zen. Same for South Park. I prefer having all the tables in the Zen Pinball app.

Thanks for the heads up on the South Park coin offer, Daykain.  Purchased both and received 120 coins.

Yeah, CodeTrader, I also prefer buying Zen Pinball HD tables rather than stand-alone.  I only wish I could access both my Google Play and Amazon Appstore purchases from a single app.

Somehow missed the huge, orange letters telling me those prices were yesterday only.

And now I sit and wait for Leo's Fortune to be on sale again. : /

I finally had a chance to try out hooking my Shield Tablet to my TV, and it works great although only in mirror mode unless you have the nVidia controller. That said, using the wired 360 controller for games that support controllers worked flawlessly. No mapping needed. Some other games that required mapping didn't work for me yet, but I didn't have time tonight to get into the nVidia mapping tool for that.

Ironically, with the latest nVidia update, my tablet now loses internet connection randomly. I say ironically because that was one of the things it was suppose to fix and I didn't have any problems keeping an internet connection before. It's doubly worse when certain apps require being connected to the Amazon App Store (which is bullshit to begin with).

Wish I would have gotten this when it was on sale. Looks fun. Anyone know any other great turn-based tactic games while I not so patiently await Dragonfall?

I actually own frozen synapse but haven't played it. Do characters get special abilities in it? I am looking turn based tactical where they do. The anti squad tactics seems to have that, Shadowrun does, looking for something in that vein. Also if I remember correctly in frozen synapse you move simultaneously. That might be interesting but is not what I am looking for primarily.

New Halloween-themed Humble Bundle, includes a free game The Spookening, with another free game coming in 4 days.
Cool, free games are nice. I might get that bundle as well.

I don't know if the game The Silent Age has ever been mentioned here. The first episode is free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.houseonfire.android.thesilentage&hl=en

http://www.amazon.com/House-on-Fire-The-Silent/dp/B00KBUJAAU/

Seems like a kind of a neat point-and-click adventure.

There are some kids apps on sale on Amazon.

Link 1

Link 2

Save up to 80% on premium titles and in-app purchases according to Amazon. I don't really feel like installing every app to find out what all the in-app discounts are. I did however check The Walking Dead S1 & S2 and The Wolf Among Us and they seem to have discounted season passes.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_mas_hllwn21?_encoding=UTF8&node=10165977011

The Walking Dead - S1 Season Pass - $14.99 $5.99

The Walking Dead - S2 Season Pass - $14.99 $10.04

The Wolf Among Us - Season Pass - $14.99 $10.04

*Note The Amazon versions of the Telltale games seem to only be compatible with Amazon Fire devices.

halloween.jpg

Hitman GO is on sale on the Play store for $1.99 (60% off the usual $4.99 price).

Curse this $1.96 google credit balance!

bread's done
Back