Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! A few apps I didn't already own in there.

Also, today is the last day to purchase select snack items on Amazon and earn 300 Amazon Coins. You can earn multiple 300 Amazon Coins back. Every single item order earns 300 Amazon Coins. The Amazon Coins will be credited to your account when they ship. Check https://www.amazon.com/gp/coins/account?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_amazon_coins to see that the coins have been deposited.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_427435442_2?ie=UTF8&node=10489080011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-1&pf_rd_r=1D6DWXEE5MXCRCKRPJTB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1995145582&pf_rd_i=10489080011
Is there any way to get coins now without spending any money? Is there a way to sort things on Amazon so that it shows you which items give free coins?

Is there any way to get coins now without spending any money? Is there a way to sort things on Amazon so that it shows you which items give free coins?
There is but there's nothing now and I don't think has been for a while.

AGry2lJ.png

vzCa8jN.png

There's two apps that come up in the search as free and giving coins but when you click through there is no coins offered on the page so I think they temporarily disabled that while they are free.

I guess they closed that loophole that made a number of people here coins gazillionaires.

Just a reminder to people new to Amazon App Store if you use the desktop version not the app you can add the Amazon Fire exclusive games and apps to your library. I always add everything in case one day I can pick up a cheap Amazon Fire device.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.
So I did this, and it worked for the apps that wouldn't install on my Shield, however they refuse to move to the SD card now. One even says there's no space. The card has 48GB free! I don't know if this is an individual app problem, an Amazon issue, or the Shield Tablet (though I'm assuming it's a Shield issue).

I wish the Final Fantasy games in the Amazon app store worked on the fire tv. With all the coins I got I probably would get them just to be able to easily play them on the tv.

Just a reminder to people new to Amazon App Store if you use the desktop version not the app you can add the Amazon Fire exclusive games and apps to your library. I always add everything in case one day I can pick up a cheap Amazon Fire device.
Yeah, I buy 'em them all from the website even if they aren't compatible. I'm glad Amazon gives that option. I don't think you can do that with Google Play that I know of. Sometimes the developers update the games to make them more compatible with other devices. Also, it's nice to have the apps for free if you ever do buy another device that is compatible in the future.

Bummed that République isn't compatible with any of my devices, even my Fire HD 7. Also, according to some reviews people are saying it is compatible on their device via Google Play, but not on Amazon. Hoping they'll update it later to make it work with my devices. I think the same thing happened with Terraria when it first came out on Amazon.

There is but there's nothing now and I don't think has been for a while.

AGry2lJ.png

vzCa8jN.png

There's two apps that come up in the search as free and giving coins but when you click through there is no coins offered on the page so I think they temporarily disabled that while they are free.

I guess they closed that loophole that made a number of people here coins gazillionaires.
Ok, thanks! The only thing I want atm is Sentinels of the Multiverse but don't want to spend the $10 (or 1000 coins). Hope there's a sale soon...

I just checked when I came into all my points. I was pretty sure it was around the time the Grand Theft Andreas deal was posted which was back in may. Does that mean my coins will in fact expire in May and not tonight? Don't want to go on a spending spree if I don't have to.

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.
So one year after you last used any promo coins is how I read it.

Hitman Go looks great and is entertaining at first. But after about 10 stages the gameplay gets really dull. it is just a variation of Go (or checkers). Glad I only paid $0.99 for it and not $5.

Hitman Go looks great and is entertaining at first. But after about 10 stages the gameplay gets really dull. it is just a variation of Go (or checkers). Glad I only paid $0.99 for it and not $5.
I'm well beyond that and I still like it. It's a solid puzzle game with a slick presentation and it nicely resembles the puzzle-nature of the regular Hitman games. Very solid for a buck. Who pays full price?

[quote name="asheskitty" post="12382513" timestamp="1420307114"] Very solid for a buck. Who doesn't have a trillion Amazon pesos from the GTA glitch (or other peso rebates) to spend on this?[/quote]
ftfy

(Down to 89 dollars in Amazon pesos from a high of 149 dollars)

Zengrams will be the FAOTD for tomorrow (1/6) in the US.

The Island Getaway 2 is the free G5 game this week. Jan 5th - Jan 11th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRZLLBG/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g5e.islandcastaway2.giveaway.full

Also free on iPad, iPhone, Mac, & Windows.

See http://www.g5e.com/sale for those links.

Smart Office 2 is FREE on Google Play. It sells for $9.99 on Amazon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.picsel.tgv.app.smartoffice&hl=en

I'm well beyond that and I still like it. It's a solid puzzle game with a slick presentation and it nicely resembles the puzzle-nature of the regular Hitman games. Very solid for a buck. Who pays full price?
I'm going to have to strongly agree with you on this. I never picked it up in prior sales, because I never looked at any gameplay pics, reviews, or videos. I just assumed it was third-person Hitman on a mobile platform, which wouldn't appeal to me at all. After finally viewing some screens, it was an insta-buy at 99 cents (read: coins).

It's a great little puzzle game in which you have to think a few moves ahead, and the varying enemies and mechanics keep things fresh and interesting from kill to kill. I like the different objectives for each mission, because they can make you look at the plan from a different perspective.

It's also pretty fricking cool to watch an Agent 47 game piece knock another one over in slow motion. Surprisingly satisfying.

I'm a little late to the party, but I see that Mage Gauntlet is now on Android. Does anyone know if it's coming to PC like Wayward Souls?

Maybe Inferno 2 is a future FAOTD.

Hm Maybe I'll get Colin McRae Rally, since I have all that credit from getting a Chromecast. I have Pocket Rally from the FAOTD a long time ago, but the cars drive like they're on ice skates. Does anyone know if there's additional content to download/how much space the full game takes (I can't see the whole game being 191mb).

Maybe Inferno 2 is a future FAOTD.
That is a possibility. Some of the developer's other games have been offered as the FAOTD in the past. So maybe sometime down the road it might be free again.

This one looks like another price mistake though. Like when they had The Cave for free for a short time back in Dec 2013. I missed that one.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320964-android-deals-thread-v2-waking-mars-199/?p=11398681

Oh and it looks like they pulled Smart Office 2 from Google Play.

Hm Maybe I'll get Colin McRae Rally, since I have all that credit from getting a Chromecast. I have Pocket Rally from the FAOTD a long time ago, but the cars drive like they're on ice skates. Does anyone know if there's additional content to download/how much space the full game takes (I can't see the whole game being 191mb).
I coin-bought and downloaded it last night. Yep, it's only 191 MB. It's a port-of-sorts of Colin McRae Rally 2 (PSX, 2000). I only played for a few minutes (with touch controls) but there seemed to be a physics model (yay)... unlike many on-rails mobile-racers.

Edit: I'll note according to steam reviews (and 200 MB size) it's missing a number of cars & tracks from the original CMR 2. That said for $2/coins on mobile, I can't complain that much.

That is a possibility. Some of the developer's other games have been offered as the FAOTD in the past. So maybe sometime down the road it might be free again.

This one looks like another price mistake though. Like when they had The Cave for free for a short time back in Dec 2013. I missed that one.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320964-android-deals-thread-v2-waking-mars-199/?p=11398681

Oh and it looks like they pulled Smart Office 2 from Google Play.
I grabbed The Cave when it was free. It works well with the Xbox 360 controller. When I first played it, it was randomly set at like 2-3 times regular game speed. Even with that I thought there was too much walking around to get characters where they needed to be. The second time I launched the game it was at regular speed, and hell did that feel slow.

Granted I was playing on on the nVidia Shield Tablet, and nothing quite works how it should on that right now anyway.

I coin-bought and downloaded it last night. Yep, it's only 191 MB. It's a port-of-sorts of Colin McRae Rally 2 (PSX, 2000). I only played for a few minutes (with touch controls) but there seemed to be a physics model (yay)... unlike many on-rails mobile-racers.
Thanks for the size confirmation!

Expansions for Talisman are on sale for 99 cents each.  They were $3-$4 each The main app is $5.03, I don't know if that price is a sale for the main app.

Expansions for Talisman are on sale for 99 cents each. They were $3-$4 each The main app is $5.03, I don't know if that price is a sale for the main app.
Tailsman on Amazon sells for $2.99, however it might be only compatible with Kindle devices. Says my Acer Iconia A200 isn't compatible on Amazon, but the Google Play version is compatible.

I'm not sure if the expansions on sale on the Amazon version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2TQHEE

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomadgames.talisman&hl=en

Tailsman on Amazon sells for $2.99, however it might be only compatible with Kindle devices. Says my Acer Iconia A200 isn't compatible on Amazon, but the Google Play version is compatible.
Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) are both not compatible.

Moto X (2014) is not compatible.

All on Android 4.4

Yeah, looks like Kindle-only, bummer.

What's worse is that they at least used to be good at labeling the Kindle Fire only stuff. Now they don't even bother. I mean I guess you ultimately will still figure it out from the compatibility list and the warning you get when you go to buy it, but having that clear in the listing would be better.

There's no reason to lock these games down either. Android is Android and even Kindle Fire OS is still just modified Android. They're just doing it because. I don't think it's selling anymore Kindles either. It's just pushing more app sales over to Google Play.

I know when Tony popped in a couple of times post promotion he gave some lip service about looking into trying to do away with this but obviously nothing ever came of that.

Wish Tony could pop in this thread occasionally, even if it is only related to whatever his Fire duties are by the slightest and most tenuous of connections.

What's worse is that they at least used to be good at labeling the Kindle Fire only stuff. Now they don't even bother. I mean I guess you ultimately will still figure it out from the compatibility list and the warning you get when you go to buy it, but having that clear in the listing would be better.

There's no reason to lock these games down either. Android is Android and even Kindle Fire OS is still just modified Android. They're just doing it because. I don't think it's selling anymore Kindles either. It's just pushing more app sales over to Google Play.

I know when Tony popped in a couple of times post promotion he gave some lip service about looking into trying to do away with this but obviously nothing ever came of that.
Maybe these apps are compatible with other devices, but as far as the compatibility checker or whatever it is (I'm no expert) on Amazon's end needs updating. I know it's happened with a few other apps in the past. Supposedly some only worked with Kindle devices, but after an update they became compatible with other device. Terreria was that way I believe.

Maybe we can contact the developer and see if they can find out why it is only compatible with Kindle devices and if they can fix/update it so that other devices work with the Amazon version. If they can work on Google Play for our devices, then it should also work for Amazon, I would assume.

http://www.nomadgames.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nomadgamesltd

https://twitter.com/Nomadgames

Yeah with all the cags buying it, kind of makes me wonder if this thread will get more crowded. Then again most will only use it for emulation so I doubt it. I ordered mine Monday used standard shipping and got it today. I'll flash it tomorrow. Wonder if it'll run Kotor if I sideload it cause lord knows the developer is only allowing specific devices to run it.

There's been other Android stuff before that CAGs went nuts over for a minute but I don't think most stuck around here long term. HP Touchpad is probably the most notable.

I still use mine. I keep saying I should get a new tablet someday but once I update the ROM every so often and keep the version of Android relatively current there's really not much a newer tablet can do that it can't.

Does anyone know the specs on the ASUS Memo "Holiday" Tablet?  A local Gamestop has one for $79.  I guess it was the model on sale around the first of the year.  Unfortunately, they seemed to have no idea how it differs from the other model ($149) which they had next to it.  The employee said it was not HD and she thought it was 8GB but was not sure.

Does anyone know the specs on the ASUS Memo "Holiday" Tablet? A local Gamestop has one for $79. I guess it was the model on sale around the first of the year. Unfortunately, they seemed to have no idea how it differs from the other model ($149) which they had next to it. The employee said it was not HD and she thought it was 8GB but was not sure.
My guess is it's probably the ME70C, which doesn't seem as common in the US but is sold in other countries more it looks like.

http://www.asus.com/rs/Tablets/ASUS_MeMO_Pad_7ME70C/specifications/

Operating system

Android 4.3 *

*Upgradable to Android 4.4

Screen

7" LED Backlight WSVGA (1024x600) Screen

Processor

Intel® Atom™ Z2520 Dual-Core, 1.2 GHz

Memory

1GB

Data Storage

4GB /8GB *

5GB Life Time ASUS Webstorage Space

; with an additional 11GB for the first year

* May vary by SKU and country. Some storage capacity has been set aside for the operating system and pre-installed apps. Actual usable storage space may differ from advertised storage.

Wireless network

WLAN802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth V4.0

Supports Miracast

Camera

0.3 MP Front Camera

2 MP Rear Camera ( 720p Video Recording )

Sound

High Quality Speaker

Interface

•1 × Micro USB

•1 × 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in)

•1 × Micro SD Card Reader,up to 64GB

Sensor

G-Sensor

Battery

8 hours; 12.2Wh Li-polymer Battery

GPS

GPS & GLONASS

Colors

Black,White

Dimensions

192 x 110 x 12.5 mm (WxDxH)

Weight

275 g

Does anyone know the specs on the ASUS Memo "Holiday" Tablet? A local Gamestop has one for $79. I guess it was the model on sale around the first of the year. Unfortunately, they seemed to have no idea how it differs from the other model ($149) which they had next to it. The employee said it was not HD and she thought it was 8GB but was not sure.
think the 80 buck is

• Dual-Core Intel Atom Z2520 1.2GHz CPU
  • 16GB Onboard Storage; Android 4.3 (Upgradable to 4.4 KitKat)
  • Narrow 4.3 inch wide design, 0.6 pounds
  • Dual Camera : 2MP Rear and 0.3MP front camera
  • microSD card slot (up to 64GB)

150 buck is

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 powerful Intel quad-core ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is powered by a state-of-the-art Intel® Bay Trail quad-core processor that delivers impressive performance and battery life to keep you entertained throughout the day. Up to 6X Graphic Performance, 8X CPU Performance, and a Quad Core up to 1.33GH

so mostly a DUAL VS A QUAD. 1.2 vs 1.33 also heard the 80 bucks is defected and they are recalling them all

bread's done
Back