Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed Sorcery 2, it looks pretty cool. Do I need to play 1 first, or can I just play 2?
What? You didn't get it for free on 8/1/14? Anyway, the description says "Start your adventure from here - or load your characters from Part 1 " so you're probably fine.

Also a little bummed about 80 Days, but wasting 99 coins ain't so bad. This does reinforce the notion that you really shouldn't ever buy anything for full price on Amazon, or maybe any price.. The only worry with that is that developers have even less incentive to release stuff on Amazon. Just look at Monument Valley's devs' blog post--they only made 4% of their money from Amazon. I just hope Amazon subsidizing devs when they give out all these free apps. (I also like all these free apps and games. Doggcatcher and Sleep as Android seem to be the other big first-time-free apps.)

Also on Amazon, storybook game Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller is $1, regularly $6, if you want to part with some coins.

Non-Amazon: Days of Wonder's board games are on sale. Ticket to Ride is $3, Small World 2 is $7

What? You didn't get it for free on 8/1/14? Anyway, the description says "Start your adventure from here - or load your characters from Part 1 " so you're probably fine.
Yeah, I saw this in the description as well. I was wondering from those who have played both, if it's better to start at 1, or 2, or it doesn't matter in regards to gameplay and such? I don't want to play 2, and like it, then try to play 1 only to see it's a lesser game than 2. Then I would rather go 1 first.

Also a little bummed about 80 Days, but wasting 99 coins ain't so bad. This does reinforce the notion that you really shouldn't ever buy anything for full price on Amazon, or maybe any price.
Also on Amazon, storybook game Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller is $1, regularly $6, if you want to part with some coins.
I see what you did there.

Y'all can thank me when Starship Traveller is a FAotD, because I just bought it with coins. Thanks for the heads-up.

I never finished sorcery 1. Painted myself into a corner somewhere and don't really feel like starting over from the beginning, and then making all the opposite choices.

Yeah, I saw this in the description as well. I was wondering from those who have played both, if it's better to start at 1, or 2, or it doesn't matter in regards to gameplay and such? I don't want to play 2, and like it, then try to play 1 only to see it's a lesser game than 2. Then I would rather go 1 first.
I only played the first one. It felt a liiiiittle short and made me want to retrace my steps to try to get more supplies (I didn't end up with any weapons). It generates a random save code of six (I think) letters. You could just spoof it. There wasn't a ton of character development in it, but the battle system and descriptions are fun enough for free. I don't think you'll feel like you missed out on too much, and it feels like there's enough replayability (even though the map looks like it keeps you on one general path) that you could go back to the first episode if you love the game.

I see what you did there.

Y'all can thank me when Starship Traveller is a FAotD, because I just bought it with coins. Thanks for the heads-up.
Mighty tempted to grab that too. Only reason I'm waffling is I'm down to $14 in Amazon appstore scrip, it may hit FAOTD, and I could use that on pricy DLC games like Summoner Wars which are more unlikely to hit a sale of some kind.

I bought it. The Fighting Fantasy games seldom hit this low, and when they do, it's usually for just a weekend. The sale will end soon enough - I'd be surprised if it became a FAOTD.

Also a little bummed about 80 Days, but wasting 99 coins ain't so bad. This does reinforce the notion that you really shouldn't ever buy anything for full price on Amazon, or maybe any price..
It does suck. It's happened to me a few times. Hell, even with the Games with Gold freebies that Xbox has. They put a game on sale really cheap and then shortly afterwards, they'll offer it for free. I'm sure many of us are in the same boat though, we have plenty of Amazon Coins to burn, so it's not all bad. I don't know why, but I just had a gut feeling that 80 Days would end up free, so I held off on buying that.

I am sort of kicking myself for not getting Banner Saga for $0.99, when it normally sells for $9.99. I'm hoping that will be a FAOTD, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still, I think the only game I really even play regularly is the original Plants Vs Zombies. I love that game. :)

I still don't know why they haven't released part 2 on Amazon yet.

The Silent Age is really good too. Part 1 is free. I hope they make a sequel to that.

Delicious - Emily's True Love Valentines Day Edition
From the store page:

List Price: $4.99
Price: FREE
You Save: $4.99 (100%)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Available instantly
Offers in-app purchases
[...]
Product Features

Go on romance of a lifetime in this amazing Time Management treasure.
Collect all 26 achievements.
Share your achievements with friends on Twitter and Facebook.
No In App Purchases.
What the what, Amazon? :whistle2:k

Still, I think the only game I really even play regularly is the original Plants Vs Zombies. I love that game. :)
Dang, with all the deals you post, that's surprising. I guess I also play the game of CAG'ing more than actually playing games on my phone/tablet. (I probably won't turn my Xbox on again until my toddler's old enough to play it.)

Didn't know the Fighting Fantasy deal would be popular. On Google, two of their games, GA 1: An Assassin in Orlandes and GA2: Siege of the Necromancer are $2, regularly $6. Not on sale on Amazon. I'm waiting impatiently for To Be or Not To Be to get on Android. Love me some Ryan North.

plants vs zombies 2 says  NO WI FI needed but wont play unless your hook to net

anyone know of any good games that dont need wifi on  google play.

Last time I checked, on the main games page, there was a featured category of games that didn't need to be connected to the internet to play.

When I moved, I didn't have internet for a few weeks and Plants vs. Zombie 2 still worked for me. The only thing I didn't get were the daily challenges.

The leaf power ups and the endless mode gives me lots of replay value. I play it daily and more than the first game which I only do for the zen garden and a mini game or two.

Remember that PvZ 2 is still adding levels/worlds/plants. In fact, they added a new twist on the vasebreaker minigame from the first game. 

Swiped from AndroidPolice:

Ticket to Ride — $2.99 from $6.99

Vampires: Todd and Jessica Full — $0.99 from $4.99

Mystery of the Opera — $0.99 from $4.99

Royal Trouble — $0.99 from $4.99

The Tiny Bang Story — $0.99 from $2.99

GA 1: An Assassin in Orlandes — $1.99 from $5.99

GA2: Siege of the Necromancer — $1.99 from $5.99

Star Command — $0.99 from $2.99

Modern Combat 5: Blackout — $0.99 from $3.99

RE-VOLT Classic 3D — $1.99 from $6.99

Doodle Jump — Free from $0.99 (Amazon)

When I moved, I didn't have internet for a few weeks and Plants vs. Zombie 2 still worked for me. The only thing I didn't get were the daily challenges.

The leaf power ups and the endless mode gives me lots of replay value. I play it daily and more than the first game which I only do for the zen garden and a mini game or two.

Remember that PvZ 2 is still adding levels/worlds/plants. In fact, they added a new twist on the vasebreaker minigame from the first game.
maybe you need to to start the game then it works without it. will try tonight. i download a lot of those games off NO WI FI and many did not work

The new Humble Bundle has Hitman Go in the pay what you want $1 tier. It's never been this cheap, unless especially if you treat Amazon Coins as free. (Bunch of Squeenix games. It'd be something if they added some Final Fantasy android games in a week, but that probably won't happen.)

To Be or Not To Be will be out on 3/18. Nice to see it's coming out at the same time on iOS, Android and Amazon.

The new Humble Bundle has Hitman Go in the pay what you want tier. It's never been this cheap, unless you treat Amazon Coins as free. (Bunch of Squeenix games. It'd be something if they added some Final Fantasy android games in a week, but that probably won't happen.)

To Be or Not To Be will be out on 3/18. Nice to see it's coming out at the same time on iOS, Android and Amazon.
Hitman GO is $1 min, as reported in the Humble thread.

And to us skinflints, Amazon Coins are free.

Hitman GO is $1 min, as reported in the Humble thread.

And to us skinflints, Amazon Coins are free.
Ack, I'll update it. I clicked on the image for Hitman Go, and it didn't have a minimum price. So, it was 0.99 in coins a few times. Ever so cheaper.

Ack, I'll update it. I clicked on the image for Hitman Go, and it didn't have a minimum price. So, it was 0.99 in coins a few times. Ever so cheaper.
Yeah, your assumption was solid.... this is the first time a base-tier android game has had a $1 min. I was surprised too.

Free Album on Google Play

Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt

Also, it's not on sale, but I thought it was interesting that LIMBO is now available on Google Play. Of course it isn't compatiable with any of my devices.

If you like tower defense, the Kingdom Rush games are pretty fun.
I might give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I that was a former FAOTD, but I guess it never was. Looks like Kingdom Rush Frontiers was though. Maybe I'll have to spend some of my Amazon Coins on the other games. :)

There's a free app called Fish vs Pirates that's very similar to Plants vs Zombies. It seems a bit more difficult though. Fun though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frismos.fvp

http://www.amazon.com/Frismos-Fish-vs-Pirates/dp/B0096TZFEM

Yeah, your assumption was solid.... this is the first time a base-tier android game has had a $1 min. I was surprised too.
I hope this isn't going to be the standard going forward. My phones over 3 years old so I can't really play games on it too well, but I'll miss backlogging android games for $.01.

I hope this isn't going to be the standard going forward. My phones over 3 years old so I can't really play games on it too well, but I'll miss backlogging android games for $.01.
It's too early to read much into, imo. This is a SEGA Bundle... and the only Publisher bundle I recall having content for under a buck was DRM-FREE Bioshock 1 in the 2K bundle.

the only Publisher bundle I recall having content for under a buck was DRM-FREE Bioshock 1 in the 2K bundle.
I'm not sure what you're saying. The mobile bundles frequently have the bottom-tier as a pay-what-you-want tier. I figured Steam keys were the reason they kept it at $1 in most of the bundles. Scrolls recently required $1 in the main Humble Bundle. Maybe they're just trying to keep the main Humble Bundle at $1 minimums.

I'm not sure what you're saying. The mobile bundles frequently have the bottom-tier as a pay-what-you-want tier. I figured Steam keys were the reason they kept it at $1 in most of the bundles. Scrolls recently required $1 in the main Humble Bundle. Maybe they're just trying to keep the main Humble Bundle at $1 minimums.
Publisher Bundles:

• Humble 2K Bundle
  • Humble EA Bundle
  • Humble Square Enix Bundle
  • etc

I play Sudoku 4ever Plus every day (I've had it since it was first the FAOTD). It's simple, but there's a ton of options and ways to customize how to play.

Nice, always in for free pinball!

Will pick up that sudoku thing as well, and place it along side all the other sudoku games I own and never play.
So, it looks like there are 2 of those pinball games (identically named), one that is always free and is basically a limited demo with IAP, and one that is usually $20 but currently free that I think comes with all the tables unlocked. Not sure if they meant to make this one free or not.

So, it looks like there are 2 of those pinball games (identically named), one that is always free and is basically a limited demo with IAP, and one that is usually $20 but currently free that I think comes with all the tables unlocked. Not sure if they meant to make this one free or not.
Maybe they forgot to put (Full) in the title. Based on the reviews it appears the other version seems to be a time limited version.

Make sure you all get the right one. I have feeling the price for the full version will be back to normal soon. It's a pretty fun pinball game w/ 10 tables.

GET THIS ONE -> Full version - http://www.amazon.com/WL-Online-Marketing-LLC-Collection/dp/B00T8B161Y/

Lite version - http://www.amazon.com/WL-Online-Marketing-LLC-Collection/dp/B00T0A2N0Q/

Maybe they forgot to put (Full) in the title. Based on the reviews it appears the other version seems to be a time limited version.

Make sure you all get the right one. I have feeling the price for the full version will be back to normal soon. It's a pretty fun pinball game w/ 10 tables.

GET THIS ONE -> Full version - http://www.amazon.com/WL-Online-Marketing-LLC-Collection/dp/B00T8B161Y/

Lite version - http://www.amazon.com/WL-Online-Marketing-LLC-Collection/dp/B00T0A2N0Q/
Also keep in mind that they apparently changed the tables in this app. The description has Platoon, AC/DC, Slayer, Missing in Action and others (I guess those that at least had to obtain "licensing" for their names). The tables missing are probably the deb's best tables.

That said the substituted tables aren't bad. For free, still recommended. But I would have been pissed with the misleading description if I had paid $19.99 for it.

Bunch of Kemco JRPGs on sale for 99 cents

It's funny I can't ever seem to get into these games......lots of them too...though the price is good...just yeah not sure why I can't. Probably a little too generic usually. Anyone recommend any from these?

Can someone tell me how I can root my Acer Iconia A200? I guess Acer no longer provides updates for it and I would like to get the latest version of Android. Looking for the easiest way to do this.

I think I remember seeing someone on here mention they owned a A200.

bread's done
Back