Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting a phone that has a microsd slot? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. And Samsung was one of the last holdouts. At least they bumped up the internal to 32 gb, otherwise it would be criminal. Not like you can take full advantage of the external card in Kit Kat without being rooted anyway and you have to enable it in Lollipop. Thanks Google for making that change no one asked for from Jellybean. *Grumble, grumble *

On a more related note, where do your tastes lie? I love strategy games but they aren't for everyone and some of my favorites, including one franchise in particular that everyone knows that I adore, don't translate well to the small screen of a phone. (I primarily use a tablet.)

I recommend Talisman if you like board games, Rubicon has some turn based strategy games that work well on the small screen. Fruit ninja is a favorite little time waster. Any puzzle quest game, Pixel Defender Puzzle, and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes scratch that puzzle itch. The latter seems to go on sale quite often. I enjoyed Raiden Legacy for a top down shooter. Likewise it makes the rounds on sales.

If you like interactive fiction the whole Lone Wolf collection is up in various forms. It is a game book style with stats, ability and combat and some versions add go further than that, including a new story with more of a varied game play than just the game books.

Hearthstone just got expanded to phones if you want a ccg fix but is free to play. I hear you can use the same account across platforms if you use your blizzard account though so what you spend on the pc and cards gained on there are added to your Android collection. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I saw it in this thread. I am too lazy to double check.

The others could probably recommend platformers and runners better than I could.
Thankfully I got the 64 GB model so i'm not too worried about space. Thanks for the suggestions! I'miss more into action games But i'll give a few of those a try!

Don't have time to post them but there is a ton of SNK games on sale too.
NP, I'll just copy my post from elsewhere:

Fatal Fury Special - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Samurai Shodown 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug X - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug 3 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters '97 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters '98 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters-A 2012 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)

An important thing to note is that most of SNK's games don't work on LolliPop (Android 5.0 and up). For example, in 5.0.2, KOF98 crashes at the start and Metal Slug 3 crashes after the SNK/DotEmu logos. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only 3 that might work in LP are Fatal Fury Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Samurai Shodown II; as the first two are SNK's most recent releases, and the last one received an update back in January.

An important thing to note is that most of SNK's games don't work on LolliPop (Android 5.0 and up). For example, in 5.0.2, KOF98 crashes at the start and Metal Slug 3 crashes after the SNK/DotEmu logos. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only 3 that might work in LP are Fatal Fury Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Samurai Shodown II; as the first two are SNK's most recent releases, and the last one received an update back in January.
Thanks and that's good to know about Lollipop. Have a few of their games I haven't played in a while. But I have Lollipop on my Shield Tablet so....oh well. Hope they update them.

Late addition: Amazon AOTD: True Skate - Free

Here are some swiped from AndroidPolice:

Plasma Sky — $0.99 from $1.99

TMNT: ROOFTOP RUN — $1.99 from $2.99

Braveland Wizard — $1.52 from $2.99

Pirates and Traders: Gold! — $1.99 from $4.99

Townsmen Premium — Free from $2.99 (Amazon)

Enigmatis 2 — $1.99 from $4.99

Anomaly Korea — $1.19 from $3.99

Anomaly Defenders — $1.19 from $3.99

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD — $1.19 from $3.99

The Room Two — $0.59 from $2.99
They forgot Anomaly 2 $1.49 from $4.99

Leo's Fortune $0.99 from $4.99

Thankfully I got the 64 GB model so i'm not too worried about space. Thanks for the suggestions! I'miss more into action games But i'll give a few of those a try!
Hmmm not really my niche, but I did purchase Wayward Souls with Amazon coins based on chatter in this thread. Couldn't tell ya if it's any good or not personally as I haven't played it and honestly don't know if I will but I hear great things about it. Hero of Many is one I have from bundles that looks interesting.

Keep an eye on this thread for the announcements of when amazon drops 101 free apps in a day and you should have your phone filled up in no time. Humble mobile bundles are also a good way to stock your device if a couple of the games offered appeal to you.

The fighters don't work with controllers either. Talk about a missed opportunity all around.

Does anyone else wind up getting so many of the same damn surveys repeated from Google that you start second guessing what you put the first times around just so you can make sure you put the same, in hopes they will move on and ask something interesting next time? It doesn't help when some of my feelings about the topics are borderline between choices depending on the day. Screw you Google I'm trying to be a good demographic monkey but, seriously, enough already.

The fighters don't work with controllers either. Talk about a missed opportunity all around.
Hm? I could've sworn that the only one without Bluetooth controller support was KOF-A2012. I know 98 has controller support, since I used my MOGA with it.

Limbo - $4.99 $0.99
Damn, I already bought this twice(Live and PSN), but do I triple dip? I bought it full price on Live, and while it is an excellent game, I thought it was over priced due to the length, but great none the less. Then I bought it again on sale so I could play it on my Vita, since I mostly handheld game, but I can't really see buying it again, can I? LOL

Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC is on sale for $2.99 from the usual $6.99 on the Play store.

Thinking of getting it but the comments, or a lot of them, say it's really buggy. Anyone play it?

Love it on my tablet (2012 Note 10.1 rooted with Kit Kat). Close other programs before running it. Some areas do experience some slow down on my device but normally if I use ram manager to shut everything down before playing it's very playable. Takes an annoying bit of time to load areas though but considering the size of an area compared to your average Android game that's to be expected.

Tldr; Suffers some slowdown and long loading sometimes but well worth it. Plus it's turn-based so slow down won't kill you.

The first game is on sale for 1.99. It's not as good and plays slightly different but still worth the two bucks.

Hopefully Zen Studios puts the Star Wars tables for Android on sale like the other platforms. I'd like to use the rest of my coins.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC is on sale for $2.99 from the usual $6.99 on the Play store.

Thinking of getting it but the comments, or a lot of them, say it's really buggy. Anyone play it?
Looks like the original Shadowrun Returns is marked down slightly from $2.99 to $1.99 also.

Yeah I missed seeing the Shadowrun Returns sale price because I already had it installed (not played it yet though), $1.99 for that seems well worth it.

Insignia - 8in Flex Tablet - 8GB - Wi-Fi + 4G LTE Verizon - Black (Pre-Owned) for $29.99 + $5 shipping.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm
I'm loving this cheap tablet. I tried Leo's Fortune, Limbo, & Costume Quest (non-compressed apk from Humble Bundle) and they all work. :)

None of those worked on my Kindle Fire HD 7 (2012) or Acer Iconia A200 (non-rooted).

Limbo wasn't compatible according to Google Play, but I already had it on another device so I just backed up the .apk and transferred it via ES File Explorer. It played just fine.

Hopefully Zen Studios puts the Star Wars tables for Android on sale like the other platforms. I'd like to use the rest of my coins.
Looks like Star Wars Pinball is now $0.99 on Google Play, Amazon, and iTunes. I'm not sure if the tables via in-app purchase on Zen Pinball HD are on sale.

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5141

Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball for iOS: Available Thursday April 30th

Zen Pinball HD and Star Wars Pinball for Android & Amazon: Available Thursday April 30th
Star Wars™: KOTOR $2.99 $9.99 (Google Play)

Star Wars™: KOTOR $2.99 $9.99 (Amazon)

Buy at your own risk reviews are not great for either but you can always try and return if they don't work out

Red Samurai Wireless Game Controller $4.97 (Gamestop)

Nyko Play Pad Controller - White $2.97 (Gamestop)
Thanks! Also, in case anyone has a Kindle Fire, they currently have the PowerFast 9W adapter for $2.97. It sells for $19.99 on Amazon.

Helps to charge your Kindle faster.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/kindle-powerfast/107145

Yup the Star Wars tables are all half-price within Zen Pinall HD. I picked up the rest of the Star Wars tables I needed, and still have coins! Zen Pinball is now the second largest game on my Shield, just behind GTAIII.

Star Wars™: KOTOR $2.99 $9.99 (Google Play)
Star Wars™: KOTOR $2.99 $9.99 (Amazon)

Buy at your own risk reviews are not great for either but you can always try and return if they don't work out
Red Samurai Wireless Game Controller $4.97 (Gamestop)
Nyko Play Pad Controller - White $2.97 (Gamestop)
I don't know about physical controllers on Kotor but I thought touch control were fairly decent from the little I played on my tablet. I had to pay and then aquire the data elsewhere though as at least at the time it wasn't officially compatible with my tablet (Note 10.1 2012). I never even got as far as the Vulkar base on Taris though before I got distracted. So it may experience massive slow down with many enemies for all I know.

Kingdom Rush (excellent game) is showing up as free for me in the Play store. I really don't think I bought it previously since I never pay for apps. Is anyone else experiencing this?

FAOTD is The Lost City

91mzIo6vHQL._SY300_.png

Kingdom Rush (excellent game) is showing up as free for me in the Play store. I really don't think I bought it previously since I never pay for apps. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Nice! I think I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try. This is the only one that I haven't gotten for free on Amazon as a FAOTD.

So I guess this is a permanent freebie, since it's free on Google Play. I wonder if Amazon will offer it for free as well in the future.

Thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironhidegames.android.kingdomrush

Not on sale...I think. I just noticed that Joe Danger is now available on Android.

joedanger.jpg

Odd pricing too.

Amazon is $3.52

Google Play is $2.86

I wonder why you need to pay $0.66 more on Amazon.

That's a pretty good one. That developer (Fire Maple Games) has some pretty good puzzles games. I already have The Lost City from a previous FAOTD.
compatible with this app:
checkmark._V199768390_.gif
George's Android Device
red-x._V197065241_.gif
Nexus 7
red-x._V197065241_.gif
Nexus 4

Says not compatible with my Nexus 4 and 7

Do you think it would work?

compatible with this app:

checkmark._V199768390_.gif
George's Android Device
red-x._V197065241_.gif
Nexus 7
red-x._V197065241_.gif
Nexus 4

Says not compatible with my Nexus 4 and 7

Do you think it would work?
Are you talking about Joe Danger? If so, I noticed that some of my devices don't seem to be compatible according to Amazon's checker, but on Google Play they are. So they are not always accurate. I've installed quite a few apps that supposedly are not compatible.

You can buy it and test it out. If it doesn't work, Amazon is pretty good about issuing a refund. Just contact their support.

Google Play also gives you the option to get a refund shortly after (within 2 hours) buying it.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/134336

Return paid apps & games
After purchasing an app or game on Google Play, you can return it within two hours for a full refund.

If the return period has passed, we recommend contacting the app developer directly. You can find an app developer's contact information listed on an app or game's detail page on Google Play.

Keep in mind you can't return an app or game more than once.

Google Play also gives you the option to get a refund shortly after (within 2 hours) buying it.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/134336
Just don't make the mistake of buying the same app twice to "try". It won't let you refund again. I got Kainy last night and forgot that I had tried it before. So when I found out it sucks at streaming to my Shield Tablet (don't have a Nvidia card so I can't use its built in streamer), I couldn't refund. Oh well, just out $3. But just remember that the refund is only an option once for each app.

Sweet Humble Mobile bundle this week:

Pay what you want for:
-The Last Express
-Spaceteam
-Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous

BTA for:
-Monument Valley
-Blek
-Joe Danger
+ Bonuses
Not bad. Ashame I have all of the BTA games. Have no interest in SpaceTeam either, but for someone that doesn't have MV, Blek and Joe Danger, the BTA is s great deal.

I kind of feel bad about mentioning Joe Danger being available on Android and then days later it shows up on Humble Bundle.

Icewind Dale $4.14 on Google Play. Mobile so no link. I will say the infinity engine games play fairly well but it does involve constant zooming and some of the new NPCs at least in the BG games are an additional purchase.

REMINDER - Promotional coins might end up expiring soon. Maybe the end of this month? :???: Use them or lose them.

3. Promotional Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year).
http://slickdeals.net/f/7841721-heads-up-amazon-appstore-promotional-coins-expiring-soon-for-many-slickdealers?v=1

Zen Studios is going to have a Portal Pinball game. :D

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5217

portalpinball.jpg

REMINDER - Promotional coins might end up expiring soon. Maybe the end of this month? :???: Use them or lose them.
Just went on an appsplurge. Still have 1610 coins remaining. :headache: At this point, i'm seriously considering losing them. Kept seeing cool apps, only to find out that I already own them thanks to FAOTD.

I think "might" is a keyword here. In the Amazon Coins Terms and Conditions page they say this about Promotional Coins:

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.
That reads to me like if I received 500 promo coins on May 8th 2014, but I spent 200 of those coins on Jan 1, 2015. The 300 coins I have left would expire on Jan 1, 2016, unless I use some of the remainder and make another purchase. Then the date would be bumped out again.

It appears like its a way for Amazon to clean out your promo coins if you let them sit completely dormant for a year.

I still have 1425 coins...better use them....now which games apps will I buy and never use? Any quick suggestions to often used apps are appreciated. Otherwise i'll just waste the money on new Kairosoft games, though they don't change much.

bread's done
Back