Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "might" is a keyword here. In the Amazon Coins Terms and Conditions page they say this about Promotional Coins:

That reads to me like if I received 500 promo coins on May 8th 2014, but I spent 200 of those coins on Jan 1, 2015. The 300 coins I have left would expire on Jan 1, 2016, unless I use some of the remainder and make another purchase. Then the date would be bumped out again.

It appears like its a way for Amazon to clean out your promo coins if you let them sit completely dormant for a year.
Yeah, I don't know. All I know is it would suck if they do expire and people lose them.

In the same terms it also says...

3. Promotional Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year).
I've seen others mention that customer service reps say the same thing you are about the extended expiration date if you continue buying things. Still, I wouldn't trust a customer service rep too much. I've been given false information from employees of companies before. :p

I guess you could make a note of how many coins you have and if you do end up losing them then I'm sure you could get it back by contacting their support. Amazon is usually pretty good about pleasing their customers. :)

Might be a good idea to take a screenshot of the terms as well. Just so you have some proof.

H: Way too fuck ing many targets for shooting
W: 5¢ a target

It's a damn steal. Hell if it was possible I would take a damn amazon coin a card. Oh the follies of a wasted youth. Thank God I found alcohol at an early age.

Not sure what I wanna burn my 1,300 coins on. Thinking Sorcery 3 even though it'll probably be free at some point just 'cause... I like Sorcery 1 and 2 and would like to be sure that I have 3.

Hearthstone cards wouldn't be a bad idea but the Hearthstone Android client takes a shit every time I try installing it on my tablet. (disadvantage of putting android on a crusty cheaply bought hp touchpad. probably should try giving it an enema and putting a newer version on) Probably could just run it through an Android emulator on PC long enough to spend the coins but that sounds like more effort than I'd want to go for some dust.

Other than that, not sure. Don't really play much on Android anyway, and most of what I do play is boardgame-like stuff (Rebuild, Elder Sign) or CYOA (Sorcery, 80 Days) and I can't think of much of either type I'm missing and want. The Choice Of games would probably be alright but they're three bucks a pop so I could only snag two of 'em if I pick Sorcery 3 up, and I haven't played a paid copy of a Choice Of game yet so I don't know if they blueball you as much as they did online before they started selling them.

Free Live@Google Music Albums (various artists)

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=live+at+google&c=music&docType=2

CounterSpy - $0.99 from $4.99

Goat Simulator - $1.99 from $4.99

If you have AppGratis FAOTD:

Monster Cake - Free from Monster Cake ad-free is normally worth $0.99 with 1500 coins normally worth $3.99
Never heard of CounterSpy. Looks interesting. My new cheapie tablet seems to be the only compatible device. I might pick it up. Have some Google Play credits to burn.

Goat Simulator has been as low as $0.99 on Amazon. It is currently $1.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Stain-Studios-Goat-Simulator/dp/B00NWLIW0E

Free Live@Google Music Albums (various artists)

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=live+at+google&c=music&docType=2

Never heard of CounterSpy. Looks interesting. My new cheapie tablet seem to be the only compatible device. I might pick it up. Have some Google Play credits to burn.

Goat Simulator has been as low as $0.99 on Amazon. It is currently $1.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Stain-Studios-Goat-Simulator/dp/B00NWLIW0E
I snagged CounterSpy - I like that it can be linked to your PS3/PS4/PSVita game as well. Of course, I don't own it on those platofmrs, but if i enjoy the mobile version, I may pick it up.

Never heard of CounterSpy. Looks interesting. My new cheapie tablet seem to be the only compatible device. I might pick it up. Have some Google Play credits to burn.
I actually have it on the Vita and love it. It's buggy as hell, and rather repetitious, but just a "fun" game overall. Most of the bad reviews come from those looking for to much. When it was first announced, it looked like a "shadow complex" style game, so I also think when it didn't match that level of gameplay, it left some feeling flat.

For .99 it's an excellent title. It's probably my most played Vita title of the last year. I may actually grab it for this price as well.

I actually have it on the Vita and love it. It's buggy as hell, and rather repetitious, but just a "fun" game overall. Most of the bad reviews come from those looking for to much. When it was first announced, it looked like a "shadow complex" style game, so I also think when it didn't match that level of gameplay, it left some feeling flat.

For .99 it's an excellent title. It's probably my most played Vita title of the last year. I may actually grab it for this price as well.
I didn't even know it was available on Android. Fun game on vita, almost bought it a few times, but ended up getting it free from PS+. 99 cents is a really good price for it, I'd definitely buy it if it were Amazon coins, but probably won't on Play, since I already have the Vita version.

BTW, I also forgot to mention that Counterspy has some ridiculous load times on the Vita. I just bought the Android version, and it's pretty fast on my Shield(night and day difference). This will no be my system of choice for this title.

BTW, I also forgot to mention that Counterspy has some ridiculous load times on the Vita. I just bought the Android version, and it's pretty fast on my Shield(night and day difference). This will no be my system of choice for this title.
Only difference, unless they updated it, is that you only get to play the good (blue) guys in the mobile version. Definately still well worth it. Fun game!

SEGA is going to remove some games from Google Play and Amazon soon. They haven't specified which titles.

link

At SEGA we are committed to making fun, high-quality mobile games and it is with our fans’ best playing experience in mind that we announce the removal of a number of games from our back catalogue. It is important for us to ensure that all of our fans, regardless of platform or operating system, have a great playing experience and after evaluating our complete list of titles, we have determined that a number of them no longer meet our standards. As a result, we will be removing these titles from the App Store for Apple devices, the Google Play Store, the Samsung App Store and the Amazon App Store over the next few weeks. While we have nothing to announce at this time, given the right situation, these titles may return in an updated form.

If you have already purchased a game that is being removed from the store you will be able to continue to play it after it’s been taken down. It will remain in your purchased apps where you will be able to download it again if you delete it or acquire a new device until the game becomes incompatible with the latest phone operating systems or hardware.

Thank you to all our customers for sharing what they love about our games and helping us to continue to improve everything we make.

SEGA is going to remove some games from Google Play and Amazon soon. They haven't specified which titles.

link
I read on Destructoid a while back that Sega was restructuring again and that it is making more money off the PC titles it publishes than its classic franchises and I guess this change is a part of its restructuring.

If I had to guess, I would say that the Super Monkey Ball titles might be the first to go along with Chu-Chu Rocket. I would hope they wouldn't pull those, but there's no telling whether they might be one of the titles that might be yanked. I always thought there were too many Sonic games on Android since the Genesis titles are pretty similar when you think about it. Maybe those are going to be scaled back. Sonic All-Stars Transformed is free, though, so that one is a no-brainer for purchase. And I think that Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio and Virtua Tennis will be safe since they are compatible with Nvidia Shield products.

On a different topic, I recently discovered that lots of Pre-Crisis DC Comics titles are available on Android. None of the ones I want are on sale, but do any comic book fans see this as a good way to be able to read those books? I've never downloaded an e-book before so I'm on the fence. I believe that they are just DRM scans so that's why I'm on the fence, but I've always wanted to read issues of Adventure Comics/Justice League/80 Page Giants from the 1960s and 1970s without having to track down the originals. And I think issues of Captain Carrot & His Amazing Zoo Crew are on sale for 99 cents each this weekend.

link
Looks like they already removed House of the Dead Overkill: Lost Reels.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.hodoklr

http://www.amazon.com/The-House-Dead-Overkill-Reels/dp/B00CHTQJSO/

I guess you should at least grab the free stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SEGA

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Sega%20of%20America&node=2350149011

It would be nice if they had one final sale before pulling those select games.

I got many of the paid apps from SEGA for free on Amazon because of they were former FAOTD.

I knew House of the Dead would be one of them. It was originally a paid app and played fine but then they made it free with ads, which gave it a whole bunch of technical issues. If you look at the reviews, many people couldn't even get it to run.

I knew House of the Dead would be one of them. It was originally a paid app and played fine but then they made it free with ads, which gave it a whole bunch of technical issues. If you look at the reviews, many people couldn't even get it to run.
Sadly, this is why "mobile" gaming sucks more often than not. The console version of HoTD:OK is one of SEGA's best games of the last 20 years. Not a great technical game, but just wicked fun. This version won't be missed.

Looks like they already removed House of the Dead Overkill: Lost Reels.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.hodoklr
http://www.amazon.com/The-House-Dead-Overkill-Reels/dp/B00CHTQJSO/

I guess you should at least grab the free stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SEGA
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Sega%20of%20America&node=2350149011

It would be nice if they had one final sale before pulling those select games.

I got many of the paid apps from SEGA for free on Amazon because of they were former FAOTD.
House of the Dead was completely broken anyway. Not sure if it was Lollipop or even earlier. The fact that they weren't supporting these games kind of pissed me off anyway so I say good riddance.

Edit: jumped to reply before realizing the posts above already said this. It worked great on iOS but already has been pulled, probably also due to system update incompatibility.

The Sun Shadow $0.99 from $4.99 (Actually used credit on this one)
Thanks. Saw [customspoiler=the dog companion]
jiInNfB.jpg
[/customspoiler] and I was there! ;)

Got a random email from Google Play today offering a free $5 credit.  So check those inboxes and spam folders!

Now I just need something to buy.

US link is up. Over $110 worth of apps. Expires May 16, 2015 11:59PM PST.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_05_14_May_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

Possibly another mega-giveaway of apps tomorrow in the US.

In the UK and Germany they are currently giving away 38 premium apps for free.

Game Of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    Five Nights at Freddy's 3
    Bloons TD 5
    Bike Race Pro
    Angry Birds Seasons HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)
    Sorcery! 3
    Toca Kitchen (Kindle Tablet Edition)
    Cooking Dash Deluxe
    Photo Studio PRO
    Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson
    Grudgeball: Enter the Chaosphere
    Angry Birds Seasons (Ad-Free)
    Sago Mini Space Explorer
    Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres (Full)
    AVG AntiVirus PRO Android Security
    Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full)
    Rebuild
    Alarm Clock Xtreme & Timer
    Star Traders 4X Empires Elite
    Star Command
    Mirroring360 - AirPlay Receiver
    Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client
    Mini Golf Mundo
    PicShop - Photo Editor
    Perfectly Clear
    SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet
    Smart Office 2
    Daily Expense Manager PRO
    Peppy Pals Beach - Fun EQ for Kids
    Language Coach
    Genius Scan+
    Fleksy Keyboard
    Royal Envoy (Premium)
    G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer
    Highrise Word Heroes+
    ShutterFolio
    My Weekly Budget - MyWB
    True Booster | Speed Cleaner

Bloons TD 5
Bike Race Pro
Sorcery! 3
Cooking Dash Deluxe
Photo Studio PRO
Sago Mini Space Explorer
Rebuild
Star Command
Mini Golf Mundo
PicShop - Photo Editor
Perfectly Clear
Smart Office 2
Language Coach
Genius Scan+
Fleksy Keyboard
Royal Envoy (Premium)
Highrise Word Heroes+
ShutterFolio
My Weekly Budget - MyWB
Woah! Sorcery 3! That would be HUGE. It just came out a few weeks ago.

Bloons TD 5
Bike Race Pro
Sorcery! 3
Cooking Dash Deluxe
Photo Studio PRO
Sago Mini Space Explorer
Rebuild
Star Command
Mini Golf Mundo
PicShop - Photo Editor
Perfectly Clear
Smart Office 2
Language Coach
Genius Scan+
Fleksy Keyboard
Royal Envoy (Premium)
Highrise Word Heroes+
ShutterFolio
My Weekly Budget - MyWB
might now have all five nights at freddy's games for free (part 1 still on my phone unplayed).

Besides Sorcery 3, is there any other good games in this list?
Grudgeball is pretty great. It's kind of like a fast-paced dodgeball game where you can not only throw and pass, but also block and counterattack. There's also an RPG element to it because your characters level up, there are a few stats (health, etc), and each character has a bonus skill if you make them the team leader.

I don't know anything about Regular Show either but it's been fun so far.

Grudgeball is pretty great. It's kind of like a fast-paced dodgeball game where you can not only throw and pass, but also block and counterattack. There's also an RPG element to it because your characters level up, there are a few stats (health, etc), and each character has a bonus skill if you make them the team leader.

I don't know anything about Regular Show either but it's been fun so far.
Oh snap, I love Regular Show. I'll grab this for the fan service alone, being a decent game will be a bonus.

bread's done
Back