Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of deals on Google Play:

Boulder Dash 30th Premium ($3.49):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapstargames.boulderdash30premium

Aurora Quarantine (99 cents):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xsound.auroragame

Boulder Dash Premium had been on my wish list for a very long time, but I can't figure out how to get it to work on my Shield TV even though it says it's compatible. I'm hoping I can figure out how to get it to work since Boulder Dash is one of my favorite NES games.

Aurora Quarantine plays a lot like the Super Monkey Ball series except the ball is a robot in a post-apocalyptic world. Aurora works on Shield TV, has great graphics, and is supposed to be one of those hidden gems on Android. I played the first level yesterday and thought it was worth the dollar.

Anyone have any idea what's up with this game? The only version that used to be on Amazon was the free version with in-app purchases. Then, they added it to underground (and removed the ability to even get in-app purchase content). Now there's this paid version without in-app purchases that is also now free. It's kind of hard to keep track of all the versions and what exactly the publisher's doing. Oh well, free is free. Just grabbed Alto's Adventure on Amazon for the third time.

Anyone have any idea what's up with this game? The only version that used to be on Amazon was the free version with in-app purchases. Then, they added it to underground (and removed the ability to even get in-app purchase content). Now there's this paid version without in-app purchases that is also now free. It's kind of hard to keep track of all the versions and what exactly the publisher's doing. Oh well, free is free. Just grabbed Alto's Adventure on Amazon for the third time.
Underground is pretty much why I don't get apps from Amazon anymore :)

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/celebration-nov2016/

A Celebration to Say Thank You

Trainers,

It has been an incredible experience since we launched Pokémon GO a few short months ago in July. We are passionate about creating experiences that encourage exploration and promote exercise. We are humbled that hundreds of millions of you around the world have joined us on this journey. So we would like to say thank you - and what better way to say thank you than to celebrate our community.

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

The Pokémon GO team

I ended up getting Need for Speed: Most Wanted from the free Google Play family account offer. It froze while downloaded the extra data twice, I have to force restart my Shield tablet twice more because it didn't restart properly, and then the extra data finally downloaded. So...worth it?

anyone know the easiest way to backup and restore an android device?   i have to have mine sent in for repairs, and i know from experience sometimes you get sent back a refurb.

i've googled for guides and keep ending up with what are poorly disguised ads for ripoff apps that let you backup for free, then surprise charge you for restoring.

it's android, so i'm sure there is an easy way, probably as simple as just usb connection then copy... but i want to make sure i do it right.

all i care about are apps and a single gmail account (no bookmarks, no huge list of contacts, etc). i have a 64g mem card with stuff on it too, but i can just remove and insert into a potentially different machine, right?

More Google Play goodness:

Devil's Attorney (a game that has been compared to Capcom's Ace Attorney series) for 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senri.da

Monument Valley for 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ustwo.monumentvalley
I know I've gotten both of those for free from Amazon in the past when they used to do FAOTD.

Monument Valley is part of Amazon's Underground.

https://www.amazon.com/ustwo-Games-ltd-Monument-Valley/dp/B015OQVN8C/

A few notables recently added on Underground:

Return to Grisly Manor
Doodle Farm
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
Riptide GP: Renegade
Eventide: Slavic Fable (Full)
The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times (Full)
Pudding Monsters

More Google Play goodness:

Devil's Attorney (a game that has been compared to Capcom's Ace Attorney series) for 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senri.da
Looked this up because of the comparison to one of my favorite series ever. Absolutely nothing like it aside from it being a defense attorney game. There is no similarity in gameplay or tone. This is a humorous turn-based "fighting" game as opposed to a humorous investigative court room drama/puzzler/visual novel.

Devil's attorney is a really good game!. I think I'll play it again
I do want to stress that I'm not crapping on this game at all. It looks decent and I might even enjoy it if I ever played it. I only had issue with the Phoenix Wright comparison because it doesn't seem at all accurate.

speaking of amazon underground, if you haven't gotten card crawl yet, get that.  great game.   i'm always surprised when underground gets a game i love, since most of it is trash.

Oh -- also, if you have little ones... Endless Alphabet is on Underground.   It's an absolutely fabulous learning game.   Each 'puzzle' is a word, and each letter is a silly creature.   While you move around letters to solve the puzzle, the letter makes the sound(s) it makes.   When you solve the word puzzle, a nice voice explains what the word means while a funny animation of it runs.    It's honestly my favorite app seris for kids I've ever seen (there are other 'endless' games, all great).  grab it -- it's not cheap.

there are also a ton of dr. suess things on underground for the holidays.  i've downloaded them but me and my boy haven't vetted them yet.

anyone know the easiest way to backup and restore an android device? i have to have mine sent in for repairs, and i know from experience sometimes you get sent back a refurb.

i've googled for guides and keep ending up with what are poorly disguised ads for ripoff apps that let you backup for free, then surprise charge you for restoring.

it's android, so i'm sure there is an easy way, probably as simple as just usb connection then copy... but i want to make sure i do it right.

all i care about are apps and a single gmail account (no bookmarks, no huge list of contacts, etc). i have a 64g mem card with stuff on it too, but i can just remove and insert into a potentially different machine, right?
I don't think you can typically access all the app saved data

I use Helium, but the free version is a bit lacking. But the free version does work well enough that I bought the full version so I can backup to Google Drive instead of just SD.

Your Gmail should be backed up automatically on Google's servers though. Most apps have stuff saved in the cloud as well. I typically only have to manually backup and restore like 2 things (Neko Atsume being the one that comes to mind).

What sites do you guys use to learn about games (cause the play store is useless for finding anything new in any useful way) and sales? I use the Appsales app but I still feel like I am missing stuff.

What about for Amazon? I am getting a Fire 8" soon and with the occasional coin deal heads up on sales there would be useful. I already found out actually free on underground still doesn't mean actually free from ads. I do know that you can install the play store on Fires without even needing to root.

so... are there any real android deals for black friday?  I see a couple on google play (got the hitman sniper game for $1), but I can't for the life of me find any 'app sales' on amazon.  every link i take shows me the same old underground apps, not any black friday deals.

so... are there any real android deals for black friday? I see a couple on google play (got the hitman sniper game for $1), but I can't for the life of me find any 'app sales' on amazon. every link i take shows me the same old underground apps, not any black friday deals.
There are! I've been posting them all week! Go back one page. I'd say the best sale is the Shield sale: Doom, the Borderlands games, the Half Life games, the Oddworld games, and both OlliOlli games are on sale.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7748882896084752769&hl

I bought the port of Not a Hero last night for $3.49. It's a really kick-ass game! But yeah, I try to post in this thread often since I love Android. Speaking of that, anybody know of any deals on Google Play cards? Walgreens is giving a $5 Walgreens gift card with the purchase of a $50 Google Play card, but that's way too much to put on my Google Play account.

Here are a few Play sales:

Don't Starve: Pocket Edition ($2.99)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kleientertainment.doNotStarvePocket

Gunhouse (port from PS Mobile, $2)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.necrosoftgames.gunhouse

Out There: Omega Edition (99 cents):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.google.games.outthere

Pumped BMX 3 (99 cents):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.pumped3

There are! I've been posting them all week! Go back one page. I'd say the best sale is the Shield sale: Doom, the Borderlands games, the Half Life games, the Oddworld games, and both OlliOlli games are on sale.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7748882896084752769&hl
okay, thanks! though i have a stupid question. how do i take advantage of the shield sale? i skipped that post because i don't have a shield, just a samsung tablet, and i buy everything direct through the google play store on it [or underground].

for example, one game that looks interesting to me in the shield sale is 'great battles medieval', but if I look at that in the play store it is free? so is it F2p or is it on sale? [or am i just a flake and have i already bought it?]

but yeah, how do i take advantage of the shield sale on a regular tablet?

[i'm pre-coffee so it's probably obvious, lol]

okay, thanks! though i have a stupid question. how do i take advantage of the shield sale? i skipped that post because i don't have a shield, just a samsung tablet, and i buy everything direct through the google play store on it [or underground].

for example, one game that looks interesting to me in the shield sale is 'great battles medieval', but if I look at that in the play store it is free? so is it F2p or is it on sale? [or am i just a flake and have i already bought it?]

but yeah, how do i take advantage of the shield sale on a regular tablet?

[i'm pre-coffee so it's probably obvious, lol]
You have to check to see if a game is compatible with your device. Under the buy and wishlist buttons, it will say if a game is compatible. Most Shield compatible games are only optimized for Android devices with a Tegra processor. So, I don't know if Galaxy devices will work or not. I've got a Galaxy Tab 2, a Shield Portable, and a Shield TV, but a lot of newer games don't work on my Galaxy Tab because it's older by today's standards. You also need a game controller for most of the games on the Shield sale.

May I recommend the 99 cent games that OrangePixel has on sale right now? These games aren't graphically intensive, don't require a controller, and they're really fun. I bought Gunslugs 1 & 2, Groundskeeper 2, and Heroes of Loot from this sale, and Space Grunts is my favorite mobile game of all time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6557458303295305182

First off, I know my following question is offtopic, but this is the only android community i'm part of....

So to keep this on topic, I'd like to recommend To Arms!  It's a nice little rpg deck builder, plays sort of like a simplified Dominions where there are various monster / adventurer cards that work together.  And best of all?  It's free!  (or, at least it was).

SOoooooo.... on to my question.

I had/have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, and just upgraded to a nice Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  

I am pretty darn new to Android, and really have no idea what i'm doing in terms of transferring/etc (i have a flip phone).

Anyway, when i turned it on and entered my gmail addy, it knew about my other device and asked me if i wanted to sync everything.  I said yes.  Email, etc, all seem taken care of, and it even copied over a bunch of apps.    However, I don't think it copied over anything on my SD card.

I also don't think it copied over any of my saved games.  I've tried 3 games so far, and all have no save data.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this? 

TLDR:

Two issues:  1) how do i transfer save games from old android device, and 2) can i just pop in my old sd card with dozens of apps on it into the new device or do i need to do anything fancy first?

First off, I know my following question is offtopic, but this is the only android community i'm part of....

So to keep this on topic, I'd like to recommend To Arms! It's a nice little rpg deck builder, plays sort of like a simplified Dominions where there are various monster / adventurer cards that work together. And best of all? It's free! (or, at least it was).

SOoooooo.... on to my question.
I had/have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, and just upgraded to a nice Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
I am pretty darn new to Android, and really have no idea what i'm doing in terms of transferring/etc (i have a flip phone).

Anyway, when i turned it on and entered my gmail addy, it knew about my other device and asked me if i wanted to sync everything. I said yes. Email, etc, all seem taken care of, and it even copied over a bunch of apps. However, I don't think it copied over anything on my SD card.

I also don't think it copied over any of my saved games. I've tried 3 games so far, and all have no save data.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?
TLDR:
Two issues: 1) how do i transfer save games from old android device, and 2) can i just pop in my old sd card with dozens of apps on it into the new device or do i need to do anything fancy first?
I don't know anything about saved games except that I think signing into Google Play games allows you to save on the cloud, but I'm fairly certain that games purchased on Google Play have to be reinstalled on a new device. I don't think the new device will automatically recognize an app from the SD card. Just sign into the Play Store, check your download list of the items you own and redownload to the new device from there. The only issue that you might encounter is if the new device isn't compatible for some reason. I have multiple Android devices. Some of my apps are compatible with one device and not with others. Hope that helps.

I don't know anything about saved games except that I think signing into Google Play games allows you to save on the cloud, but I'm fairly certain that games purchased on Google Play have to be reinstalled on a new device. I don't think the new device will automatically recognize an app from the SD card. Just sign into the Play Store, check your download list of the items you own and redownload to the new device from there. The only issue that you might encounter is if the new device isn't compatible for some reason. I have multiple Android devices. Some of my apps are compatible with one device and not with others. Hope that helps.
Yeah, it downloaded like 88 apps to my new device. So it knows -something-.

Anything bought through googleplay should be fine [though I still don't know how to transfer save data].

I'm more worried about stuff like Amazon underground freebies. I don't think you can still access them [download them] once they're taken out of underground [correct me if i'm wrong?].

Spent the last hour trying to figure out this saved game issue. Still not resolved.

It's been a while since I used it, so I don't really remember how it works, but I know I used to use Titanium Backup to move saves between devices.
Yeah, I've read about that. That needs a rooted system, though, and mine isn't. the other option that keeps coming up is something called Helium, which doesn't need root but costs $5.

i'm shocked there's no easy, built in way to move saves... but after quite a bit of research, it looks like that's the case. you can manually move some saves with work if you locate and move folders, but in general... it's a fresh new start. shocking, honestly.

I've used Helium before and can attest that it works great (full version). I backed up all my saves/data to Google Drive. Then reinstalled the apps from Google Play and backed up saves/data with Helium from Google Drive.

bread's done
Back