Android games ongoing sales.

I've used a number of different Android devices now and let me just say that EA is second only to Gameloft for being a pain in the ass. The have lousy compatibility, even with popular devices, and they are slow to update their games.

In some cases if you jump through a bunch of hoops you can actually get the games to work but with all their resources people shouldn't have to go through all that nonsense.

Pretty much everyone else's games I have no problems with no matter what device I am using but EA and Gameloft are both just a big headache most of the time.

Amazing Alex HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Angry Birds Space HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Cut the Rope: Experiments HD - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)
Speedway GP 2012 - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)
Angry Birds Star Wars HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
infeCCt - $0.99 (Reg. $1.95)
Aporkalypse - Pigs of Doom -$0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Riptide GP - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Amazing Alex HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Angry Birds Space HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Cut the Rope: Experiments HD - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)
Speedway GP 2012 - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)
Angry Birds Star Wars HD - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
infeCCt - $0.99 (Reg. $1.95)
Aporkalypse - Pigs of Doom -$0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Riptide GP - $0.99 (Reg. $1.99)[/QUOTE]

I think riptide gp works with that moga controller from yesterday's deal.

Thanks for the heads-up on Trainz! I've been eyeing it for a while, waiting for a sale. I just wish I knew why it says in the description $0.99 sale this week, but the buy button is $1.04 (which doesn't match up with what my sales tax would be).

[quote name='whitereflection']Do you know if these have ads? Some of the reviews say they do but most are dated. I'm looking at Guns 'n Glory and Townsmen in particular.[/QUOTE]

Got Farm Invasion USA Premium awhile ago and it has no ads.

[quote name='louiedog']I think riptide gp works with that moga controller from yesterday's deal.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. In for that one so I have something to play on the new toy.

[quote name='Los 33x']Just picked up Angry Birds Start Wars HD for 99 cents.

Still trying to figure out the difference between regular and hd.[/QUOTE]

I think you get all levels, no idea besides that

Meant to post this a couple days ago, but it looks like the deal is still on.

Bag It! is on sale for $0.99 at 50% off (Reg $1.99)

I wrote a mini-review on it quite awhile back and loved it then. It's added cheevos, some more modes, and apparently some sort of multiplayer type of mode (?) since I last played. It was one of my first gaming purchases for my Android device back in the day and was absolutely worth the price I paid at the time.

For some reason a game about stacking groceries appeals to me, even moreso if it's on sale. Bought.

I wish Google would do a real official holiday sale though like they did last year.

[quote name='Motoki']For some reason a game about stacking groceries appeals to me, even moreso if it's on sale. Bought.[/QUOTE]
I have it as an old FAOTD from Amazon. Good for wasting a little time at the dentist's office. It kept me interested for a couple days at first which is a couple days longer than most Android games.

As a proud Android user using the awesome ASUS Transformer Pad 300 with dock, I'll help contribute to this thread. I just so happen to use the AppSales app to find my deals.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I have it as an old FAOTD from Amazon. Good for wasting a little time at the dentist's office. It kept me interested for a couple days at first which is a couple days longer than most Android games.[/QUOTE]

D'oh. I bet I do too. I try to get the FAOTD every day from amazon and have only missed it (or intentionally passed on it) in very rare exceptions.

I guess I should have checked there first.

[quote name='Motoki']I wish Google would do a real official holiday sale though like they did last year.[/QUOTE]
Amen. I can't justify $7+ for the fancy games on a phone/tablet when I can get AAA quality PC games for $5.

Sonic CD, Sonic 4, & Sonic 4 II are tempting but the reviews seem to validate my fears of terrible controls. Quite a shame too, since I'd actually buy Sonic 4 at that price.

Also a reminder, Trainz & Trainz Driver is $1.04 (yeah, it's supposed to be $0.99, no clue).

Sonic 4 II works with the MOGA controller if you got in on that deal. I bought it because I don't want to pay $7 for the ps3 version. If its really bad I'll wait for a steam sale on them.

[quote name='Green Card200']Sonic 4 II works with the MOGA controller if you got in on that deal. I bought it because I don't want to pay $7 for the ps3 version. If its really bad I'll wait for a steam sale on them.[/QUOTE]

It works with the iCade and the PS3 controller (with a 3rd party app and some minor configuing) too. Haven't got MOGA yet but I did try those with the Sonic games.

Jet Set Radio and Total War Battles are also on sale for $1.99. Both are newer releases and normally $4.99.

I think the Total War Battles comes with a Steam key for one of the Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai DLC (Sendai clan). At least the iOS version did. *Edit: Confirmed, but you have to beat the game to get the code. If you buy Total War Battles PC on Steam they just give you the code outright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.

Okay I totally just re-bought Jet Set Radio and Total War Battles for $1.99 each even though I have them on Steam.

Now where is my NiGHTS for Android?

I have a PS3 controller & a Nexus 7. I don't think the MOGA controller would suit me. It's good to hear that the Sonic titles work with Sixaxis.

Ooh thanks for pointing out TW: Battles and JSR are on sale for $1.99. I can't imagine playing JSR without a controller.

[quote name='TwistedShade']I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.[/QUOTE]

Mine is either waiting for me at home today or will arrive tomorrow. Tracking has worked for me. Maybe give then a call tomorrow?

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies on sale for $2.99.[/QUOTE]

Just found out about this game today, never heard of it before for some reason. Looks pretty solid on the play store, with positive reviews and quotes from Destructoid and a few other outlets. I hate to spend over a buck for Android games though. Can anyone talk me into not biting (ha!) at 2.99? Any feedback from cags who have it?

Have a Note II btw, so not really worried about performance issues resulting from older devices.

[quote name='lassiterb']I hate to spend over a buck for Android games though. Can anyone talk me into not biting (ha!) at 2.99?[/QUOTE]

All your friends on CAG will lose respect for you, paying 2.99$ for an android game! :lol:

[quote name='lassiterb']
Have a Note II btw, so not really worried about performance issues resulting from older devices.[/QUOTE]

The Note II rocks! Just sayin'. :D

[quote name='bornrunnin31']For any pinball fans, Zen Pinball HD is out now for Android. To celebrate, all Marvel themed tables are on sale for $0.99 in the in game store.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/19/zen-pinball-hd-loaded-into-the-android-chute/[/QUOTE]
I'll have to check this out and see how it plays. I need some decent time wasters.

[quote name='TwistedShade']I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any tracking updates on mine up to this point, either.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']

I haven't seen any tracking updates on mine up to this point, either.[/QUOTE]

Same here. FedEx says "No information has been received..." with the tracking number powera sent me.

Regarding the paid versions of Angry Birds, is there a site that shows the differences? I assume more levels, but can't find an exact number. Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.

[quote name='evanwink']Same here. FedEx says "No information has been received..." with the tracking number powera sent me.[/QUOTE]

Mine says it shipped today with a delivery estimate for the 28th.

[quote name='Foladar']Regarding the paid versions of Angry Birds, is there a site that shows the differences? I assume more levels, but can't find an exact number. Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know (more weighted to the early days) the difference between paid and freeloader versions is advertising. HD/non-HD isn't that much of a difference from what I've tried. Originally Angry Birds on Android didn't have a paid version. The only version of Angry Birds that tried to sell level packs was for the N900/Maemo 5/Ovi Store, well that I'm aware of anyhow.

If you're new to Android, you might want to check the Amazon Appstore. The have a different Free App of the Day (FAOTD) every day. Often it's fodder, but I've gotten all the office suites as FAOTDs, printing software, good games, Adobe Sketchbook, etc.

I love how people get this super high powered Note II phone and instead of going for some heavy 3D game that will really push the limits of it they go right for Angry Birds. ;)

Not judging mind you, I have all the Angry Birds games too and I've been enjoying the hell out of the Star Wars one lately.

Woot! NFS Most Wanted is $0.99. Can't believe it dropped to a buck so soon. Grab it before EA realizes they meant to put NFS Shift on sale instead.

Heard good things about this port, picked it up along with Zen Pinball (effing rocks) and a few half-price Marvel tables.

I actually prefer this port of Zen over the PS3 one, as this platform is perfect to play it on (portrait mode). If you get it, make sure to enable the HD graphic option in settings. Even looks better than the PS3 version on my Note. Plus it fits the screen perfectly, so no wasted space on the sides like on a widescreen HDTV. I've had no qualms with the touch flipper control, it's really fast and responsive. Zen Pinball (along with Beat Hazard) has impressed me more than any other Android port so far; just perfect for the platform. Get it.

Still undecided about CoD Zombies. No opinions on it? 3 double cheeseburgers is alot.

[quote name='Motoki']The Note II rocks! Just sayin'. :D[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah it does, my favorite device ever (so far). Who needs a tablet with this baby? lol

[quote name='Foladar'] Literally brand new to Android, just got my Note 2 about 5 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club, buddy. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've had NFS on notify for a while now. It was $4.99 over black Friday then promptly jumped up to $6.99. Just saw the notice at dinner and promptly bought it. :)

[quote name='lassiterb']Woot! NFS Most Wanted is $0.99. Can't believe it dropped to a buck so soon. Grab it before EA realizes they meant to put NFS Shift on sale instead.
[/QUOTE]

You mean the game that was advertised as coming free with the Note II (T-Mobile version anyhow) only to find out it was only a limited demo version?

*grumblegrumble*

I'll probably still grab the full version for 99 cents though.

[quote name='Motoki']I love how people get this super high powered Note II phone and instead of going for some heavy 3D game that will really push the limits of it they go right for Angry Birds. ;).[/QUOTE]

I go straight for GBA emulator and Pokemon :lol:

[quote name='lassiterb']Woot! NFS Most Wanted is $0.99. Can't believe it dropped to a buck so soon. Grab it before EA realizes they meant to put NFS Shift on sale instead.

Heard good things about this port, picked it up along with Zen Pinball (effing rocks) and a few half-price Marvel tables.

I actually prefer this port of Zen over the PS3 one, as this platform is perfect to play it on (portrait mode). If you get it, make sure to enable the HD graphic option in settings. Even looks better than the PS3 version on my Note. Plus it fits the screen perfectly, so no wasted space on the sides like on a widescreen HDTV. I've had no qualms with the touch flipper control, it's really fast and responsive. Zen Pinball (along with Beat Hazard) has impressed me more than any other Android port so far; just perfect for the platform. Get it.

Still undecided about CoD Zombies. No opinions on it? 3 double cheeseburgers is alot.
.[/QUOTE]
OMG so glad I came in this thread, literally dropped almost $10 on Zen pinball tables bc its so amazing on the Note 2 :bouncy:

Not sure either, I might wait bc its not my cup of tea when it comes to mobile games and kind out of my $2 budget per game I tell myself.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Anyone having issues buying tables for Zen Pinball? I keep getting an error.[/QUOTE]
I am, bought a ton... got an error when I switched to wifi so switched back and it worked fine (my connection is uploading atm so idk)

Apparently EA is having an iOS sale, some of them are on sale on Android too, I saw Monopoly Millionaire and Dead Space are on sale too, though Dead Space might still be on sale from last time. Might pick up NFS.

bread's done
Back