Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='TwistedShade']I hate to go OT but I hear people talking about their MOGA controller's and I was wondering if anyone has gotten their's yet? I ordered mine the 14th and haven't had any updates on tracking which has worried me.[/QUOTE]

My MOGA arrived today. Haven't really had the chance to play with it but (surprise surprise) my Thunderbolt with extended battery is too large to fit into the phone holder. I suspected as much. ;) I can live with it, though, for $5. ;)

So they ARE out there. My tracking number was never valid, either.

Sonic 4 is tempting, especially since I picked up the MOGA (don't have it yet), but not sure i want to buy it twice (THD and non-THD version since Nexus 7 can run THD but my phone can't.)

Dirty, dirty NFS on the Google Play store saying it'd work on my Touchpad only to... not work. And it took so long to download the data that the refund period had passed :roll:

Luckily it was just 99¢. The irony is that I usually think "Well, I can always play it on my GS2 if it doesn't work on the Touchpad" except Google Play said "Nope, won't work on your phone but it'll work on the tablet!"

[quote name='Syntax Error']Dirty, dirty NFS on the Google Play store saying it'd work on my Touchpad only to... not work. And it took so long to download the data that the refund period had passed :roll:

Luckily it was just 99¢. The irony is that I usually think "Well, I can always play it on my GS2 if it doesn't work on the Touchpad" except Google Play said "Nope, won't work on your phone but it'll work on the tablet!"[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I will have to play around with it and see what the hell the deal is with that. I know in the past EA and Gameloft have been a pain in the ass on the Touchpad (and other devices I assume) but if you jump through enough hoops you can usually get them to work.

I did notice that Total War Battles wasn't showing up as available for the Touchpad, just my Note II. That's a first for Sega.

[quote name='FlawlesslyFatal']Would love to pick up the Chaos Rings trilogy, but with such price points = no deals[/QUOTE]

I keep wanting to play them, but the price point of $13 just seemed way overpriced.
Now that they are around 4 bucks, seems a lot more feasible.

[quote name='emperordahc']Grabbed nfsmw for my nexus 7.[/QUOTE]

Got to play it; pretty solid game. My scoring carries between this and my ps3 version via Origin. Very cool.

I got a tracking number with my moga, says it won't be here till the 27th...
and it hasn't moved since the 16th.

Does anyone know if it works with NFS: Most Wanted?
I read in a review that it does but neither moga nor MW's android page list moga support.
I bought the game anyways I just want to know whether or not I should be excited for it.:bouncy:

[quote name='fortunado']Yeah I've had NFS on notify for a while now. It was $4.99 over black Friday then promptly jumped up to $6.99. Just saw the notice at dinner and promptly bought it. :)[/QUOTE]

Better than Asphalt 7? Not much into racing games but I played A7 a few times and liked it.

[quote name='Kolma']I got a tracking number with my moga, says it won't be here till the 27th...
and it hasn't moved since the 16th.

Does anyone know if it works with NFS: Most Wanted?[/QUOTE]
There's a 3rd party universal driver available for it in the Play Store. Can always try it with that. But, no, there's no native MOGA support.

[quote name='Syntax Error']There's a 3rd party universal driver available for it in the Play Store. Can always try it with that. But, no, there's no native MOGA support.[/QUOTE]

That's why I passed on MOGA. SHAQFU them and their propriety crap. I know there's a universal driver made by a third party but it's ridiculous that should be the case. There's no reason why that thing could not be standardized out of the box.

[quote name='Motoki']That's why I passed on MOGA. SHAQFU them and their propriety crap. I know there's a universal driver made by a third party but it's ridiculous that should be the case. There's no reason why that thing could not be standardized out of the box.[/QUOTE]

You're right that it shouldn't be the case. Hopefully they'll get the message. They are probably going for accessibility for the average user but I think that ignores why a lot of people like me choose android. Maybe they fear developers won't provide native support if they make it more universal, but I think they can have it both ways and would have a more attractive product. For $5 I don't really care as long as I have the universal driver. I would have passed at any higher price.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']jumped on nfs, and dead space!, both of these games are amazing on my tf300t.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a TF last week and a couple Google Play GCs. lol You just convinced me to pick up some games for it.

[quote name='louiedog']For $5 I don't really care as long as I have the universal driver. I would have passed at any higher price.[/QUOTE]
While I agree with Motoki's general feeling, I just thought it looked like fun to turn my phone into a handheld for five bucks, even if it is limited. Hopefully the universal driver is fairly capable but I'm not investing much money or dreams into it.

Given how I play app games, five bucks was pretty much the cap I'd spend on a novelty item for app games.

[quote name='Motoki']That's why I passed on MOGA. SHAQFU them and their propriety crap. I know there's a universal driver made by a third party but it's ridiculous that should be the case. There's no reason why that thing could not be standardized out of the box.[/QUOTE]
Also, it's overpriced and the controller itself is pretty bad.

Ordered a gameklip a few weeks ago; it's pretty awesome. I have all these new games I want to try with it, but I've just been playing Mario 64.

http://thegameklip.com/

Got NFS. Hope Modern Combat 4 goes on sale soon.. although I doubt it. I'd also like to pick up Vice City but probably won't if it's more than $1.

[quote name='estat']Also, it's overpriced and the controller itself is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]
A $15 clip that requires me to provide my own PS3 controller isn't cheaper than a $5 MOGA :D

I apparently missed the $5 deal so I get why you guys bought it now. I was thinking

'Really? They paid $50 for that damned thing and it's proprietary to boot? Are they on crack?'

It all makes sense now.

If I could get it for $5 I probably would too but $50? Yeah, not so much.

I might get that clip thingy though since I already have a PS3 controller. Then again my Note II is pretty honkin so I better make sure it fits.

[quote name='Motoki']I might get that clip thingy though since I already have a PS3 controller. Then again my Note II is pretty honkin so I better make sure it fits.[/QUOTE]

It will work with the Note II. The Case Mount is available for select devices.

[quote name='Motoki']I apparently missed the $5 deal so I get why you guys bought it now. I was thinking

'Really? They paid $50 for that damned thing and it's proprietary to boot? Are they on crack?'

It all makes sense now.

If I could get it for $5 I probably would too but $50? Yeah, not so much.

I might get that clip thingy though since I already have a PS3 controller. Then again my Note II is pretty honkin so I better make sure it fits.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, my brain would have to be leaking out of my ear to consider paying $50. I'd buy a slightly more expensive version of the game klip that was adjustable if they offered one. I don't like the idea of spending another $15+ every time I get a new device.

[quote name='Gvaz']Also Knights of Pen and Paper is $.99 right now![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks decent. I grabbed it.

As for the Square stuff, I don't know for some reason their's are the only ones I will actually pay more for and don't regret. I guess I just like their games and don't think a mobile game always has to be 99 cents, though I won't complain if it is either. :p

My grandma just sent my folks a Kindle Fire 2nd gen which I haven't been able to root yet so I'm still debating on the Chaos Rings games . . .

Wish Infinity Blade, Final Fantasy Dimensions, and the IOS exclusive Skylanders games would get ported to Android already. Refuse to pay the extra sticker-shock for an Apple device, but damn if I'm not more and more tempted even as the Android user base swells well past the IPhone / IPad crowd.

Well I was going to point out that Skylanders Cloud Patrol is on the Amazon Android market and that while it had been a Kindle Fire exclusive it got opened to all devices in a recent update but apparently it's been yanked.

I can't find it and there is a discussion thread on Amazon talking about how it's gone.

http://www.amazon.com/where-is-skylanders-cloud-patrol/

Anyway, I still have it on my HP Touchpad and Note II.

Think I successfully snagged the non-Kindle version last week, but it barely works on my LG Spectrum phone. Kindle version works great, managed to get it for $.50, but I've been enthralled with collecting the figures since Black Friday and want to try out Battlegrounds and Lost Islands.

Well . . . I have several hundred games in my backlog, so I'm not too stressed waiting on the ports, but it kinda irks me that so many popular EyeToons games stay exclusive. Console Wars all over, after we finally reached a point where 90% of 3rd party titles were coming to 360 and PS3, if not also PC.

I'll probably bite on this Chaos Rings game. Anyone tried it out? Looks like a pretty solid jRPG. I was blown away when I finally tried Mass Effect Infiltrator about two weeks ago on my phone (picked it up in August I think for $1, thanks to this thread), PS2 quality graphics running at a solid 60FPS, and the touch controls worked way better than Zenonia which was the last 'core' type game I had tried on my phone.

[quote name='Justin42']My MOGA arrived today. Haven't really had the chance to play with it but (surprise surprise) my Thunderbolt with extended battery is too large to fit into the phone holder. I suspected as much. ;) I can live with it, though, for $5. ;)

So they ARE out there. My tracking number was never valid, either.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, my tracking number brings up nothing, but it said it shipped DAYS ago.

PowerA posted something on FB about tracking numbers being borked. Long-story short, chill out. :)

MOGA fans, we hear you! You want to know when your Secret Santa order will arrive. Well, they have all been processed and shipped via FedEx SmartPost.

The estimated delivery time for FedEx SmartPost packages is between 2 – 7 business days. We know some of your packages are not tracking properly. What this means for you is: hang on and be patient, due to the holidays. If your package has not arrived by Jan 2nd, please let us know or contact our Customer Service team at [email protected]. In the meantime, relax, have some eggnog, and figure out what games you want to play first.

[quote name='Izod517']PowerA posted something on FB about tracking numbers being borked. Long-story short, chill out. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. As of today I'm officially away for the holidays and no longer keeping an eye on their Facebook and Twitter. Feeling better about it.

[quote name='Rohsiph']
I'll probably bite on this Chaos Rings game. Anyone tried it out? Looks like a pretty solid jRPG. [/QUOTE]

I have the first one but not the Omega one yet. It's decent. Looks really nice. Slightly grindy and the story is not as involved as some of the FF games but it's definitely worth a few $ imho.

I haven't gotten the second one, Omega, yet but I've heard from some others it's basically just more of the same so if you have one game already not much reason to get a second. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I bought the first Chaos Ring. I like it.

Thanks. I've been waiting for Wild Blood to get a sale. Just checked a bit ago and it wasn't so that must have just hit.

Now if only Zynga would put Horn on sale again. I regret not getting it when it was on sale previously but it's picky about which devices its compatible with and I didn't have one that was at the time.

*Edit: For those who didn't get the Humble Android Bundle 4, Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery is on sale for $1.99.

[quote name='IamPro']Anyone getting charged tax now? I live in FL[/QUOTE]

I live in NC and I was charged tax. I had to do like a triple take on that. So weird.

[quote name='IamPro']Anyone getting charged tax now? I live in FL[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the app's publisher. I'm only charged tax on some and not others. Same card, same billing address.

[quote name='louiedog']I think it depends on the app's publisher. I'm only charged tax on some and not others. Same card, same billing address.[/QUOTE]

Yea I realized that after looking at my emails :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back