Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='bwrobins']They seem like mostly Kindle Apps[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. And in the cases where a Kindle and non-Kindle version exists like Plants Vs Zombies of course Amazon only put the Kindle version on sale. :roll:

[quote name='Pozessed']Bunch of Gameloft games are on sale right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Bought the Dark Knight Rises game. And woah why is this game 2gb+. I didn't think it would be so large of a download.

Be aware of Gameloft. If you don't have a current gen phone. At least not a notable one, most likely it will play like shit. Even the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 can't handle the frame rates.

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']Be aware of Gameloft. If you don't have a current gen phone. At least not a notable one, most likely it will play like shit. Even the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 can't handle the frame rates.[/QUOTE]
I actually just got my galaxy note 2 yesterday (upgraded it from the original samsung vibrant from two years ago). Is there any site that kinda shows the minimum requirements for android games?

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I actually just got my galaxy note 2 yesterday (upgraded it from the original samsung vibrant from two years ago). Is there any site that kinda shows the minimum requirements for android games?[/QUOTE]

Not sure of a Site at the moment. But if you read some reviews, you'll know. Hit all reviews and then at the right it should have a drop down, and put "from this model only". Great way to see if people have problems on the phone you have.

[quote name='Pozessed']Bunch of Gameloft games are on sale right now.[/QUOTE]

Not being familiar with really any Android games, are Gangstar Rio and Rayman Jungle Run decent games? Tempted to pick both of them up too.

[quote name='Trudy']Not sure if there are any fans of otome games out there, but NTT Solmare is having a sale on most of their games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...29tLm50dHNvbG1hcmUuYW5kcm9pZC5IZWlhbkxvdmUiXQ..

If anyone's curious about them, let me know. Picked up all the ones on sale and I've played through at least one character on most of them (in the process of doing my first playthrough of Ninja Love now).[/QUOTE]
Those look like Motoki's types of games.

They're pretty fun, but the quality of the romances tends to vary from game-to-game. Don't regret the fifteen or so bucks I spent for all the games -- just wish the additional character packs were cheaper.

[quote name='Tsel']Those look like Motoki's types of games.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Maybe.

That's a lot of dating sims. I wouldn't know where to start on all those. I'll think about it though. I'm glad it got posted because I never would have noticed it otherwise.

Has anyone played The Amazing Spider-Man? It's part of Gameloft's $0.99 sale right now. To be honest I'd just like to have it to occasionally webswing around with.

[quote name='HaloGX']Has anyone played The Amazing Spider-Man? It's part of Gameloft's $0.99 sale right now. To be honest I'd just like to have it to occasionally webswing around with.[/QUOTE]

On both galaxy s3 and my nexus 7 after turning on airplane mode to not be interrupted by notifications calls or sync I STILL have frame rate issues. What would appear to be a clear path to swing through would turn into a building loading right in front of me. For .99 I'd get it in the hopes of an update being released and not having to pay 7 dollars in the future

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I actually just got my galaxy note 2 yesterday (upgraded it from the original samsung vibrant from two years ago). Is there any site that kinda shows the minimum requirements for android games?[/QUOTE]

If you have a Note II, you shouldn't have to worry about requirements for Android games for awhile. :cool:
I've yet to run across a game that made it stutter, Gameloft included.

Spider-man runs great on mine and my 3 year old son loves it, although he just swings around the city and doesn't really care about missions, etc.

[quote name='Papito208']On both galaxy s3 and my nexus 7 after turning on airplane mode to not be interrupted by notifications calls or sync I STILL have frame rate issues. What would appear to be a clear path to swing through would turn into a building loading right in front of me. For .99 I'd get it in the hopes of an update being released and not having to pay 7 dollars in the future[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I have an Evo LTE, and there doesn't seem to be any problems running on that phone. I guess I'm leery in general of Gameloft (and to a lesser extent EA games, though EA owns Gameloft now) because there always seems to be compatibility issues. I still can't pay Brick Breaker or whatever it is on my last two phones. At least I only spent $0.10 on that one.

[quote name='Motoki']Heh. Maybe.

That's a lot of dating sims. I wouldn't know where to start on all those. I'll think about it though. I'm glad it got posted because I never would have noticed it otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Right now, Heian Love is easily my favorite of the bunch, though Ninja Love is also proving to be pretty cute. I'd recommend picking up the free version of Ninja Love (which, unfortunately, makes you wait five hours to recharge before continuing play -- not in the paid version) to see if it is up your alley.

If you have any questions about the games, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've been taking out-of-context screencaps of them all week and posting them directly to twitter. And the games are incredibly fun to play while I'm standing in line somewhere (which happens way more often than I'd like).

i picked up quite a few gems from this last week through to today.

The Dark Knight Rises .99
Dead Space .99
Grand Theft Auto 3 .99
Mini Motor Racing .99
Need For Speed Most Wanted .99
Puddle THD 2.49 (i missed the one day .99 sale :p)
Wild Blood .99
Another World (AKA Out Of This World) .99
Xelorians .99

All Nexus 7. All run perfect. All HIGHLY recommended.

After reading all nexus 7 reviews on The Amazing Spiderman (.99). I am on the fence about picking it up.. any other N7 users out there experiencing tons of lag? (ive already seen a few posts on this thread about it as well).

I'll post any other steals i may find this week as they pop up.

BTW the free App: "App Sales" on Google play is VERY quick to add any current sales to the list, and it comes with a price tracker as well. Very useful CAG tool.

Dungeon Raid is well worth it. Had it on iOS a while back, seriously thinking about double dipping for it on Android. Also pondering Knights of Pen & Paper - anyone enjoying that one?

Think those are the only two enticing me at the moment. I've got a lot of games for my phone, and just don't really find playing most games on there enjoyable.

[quote name='sweatysides']i picked up quite a few gems from this last week through to today.

The Dark Knight Rises .99
Dead Space .99
Grand Theft Auto 3 .99
Mini Motor Racing .99
Need For Speed Most Wanted .99
Puddle THD 2.49 (i missed the one day .99 sale :p)
Wild Blood .99
Another World (AKA Out Of This World) .99
Xelorians .99

All Nexus 7. All run perfect. All HIGHLY recommended.

After reading all nexus 7 reviews on The Amazing Spiderman (.99). I am on the fence about picking it up.. any other N7 users out there experiencing tons of lag? (ive already seen a few posts on this thread about it as well).

I'll post any other steals i may find this week as they pop up.

BTW the free App: "App Sales" on Google play is VERY quick to add any current sales to the list, and it comes with a price tracker as well. Very useful CAG tool.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem the Tegra 3 can handle it. Can't wait til Tegra 4. Aka "Wayne".

[quote name='INCyr']Dungeon Raid is well worth it. Had it on iOS a while back, seriously thinking about double dipping for it on Android. Also pondering Knights of Pen & Paper - anyone enjoying that one?

Think those are the only two enticing me at the moment. I've got a lot of games for my phone, and just don't really find playing most games on there enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I'm having a blast with Knights of Pen & Paper. Really good humor, lots of options for character creation, and free choice to do whatever "quests" you want. For a dollar, it's totally worth it.

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']Doesn't seem the Tegra 3 can handle it. Can't wait til Tegra 4. Aka "Wayne".[/QUOTE]

What a shame. All the other Android OS Gameloft games ive DL'ed work like a dream. Guess ill have to dust off the ole' Gamecube for some Spidey action, but unfortunately not on the go :(. Thanks for the reply, btw.

[quote name='morbitrius']I'm having a blast with Knights of Pen & Paper. Really good humor, lots of options for character creation, and free choice to do whatever "quests" you want. For a dollar, it's totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

+1 on Knights of Pen and Paper. I wasn't sure what to expect but it really simulates the whole pen and paper role playing thing well but with a heavy dosing of tongue in cheek humor.

[quote name='Motoki']+1 on Knights of Pen and Paper. I wasn't sure what to expect but it really simulates the whole pen and paper role playing thing well but with a heavy dosing of tongue in cheek humor.[/QUOTE]

I should redownload it. When I tried last month it crashed my phone to the point of a battery pull 3x. A guy 2 rows up on my plane played it the entire flight, mocking me.

I will never buy another EA app again... Nova 3 won't install and Spiderman opens then gives me this network error, seriously WTF?!?

Bought OfficeSuite Pro 6...don't need it at the moment but for a dollar it's worth it in case I need it someday.

Not big on playing games on a tablet but I may grab a few.

I see some of you guys buying Dark Knight Rises. I've played it for a few hours from the 25 cent sale a while back and it's really not that fun or well optimized for anything. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII and it has trouble rendering properly consistently and at reasonable frame rates. Also, the game uses controls that are very situational based to bring up different touch screen options as virtual buttons for combat, grappling, dodge, etc. It doesn't detect taps/presses well and as a whole the game feels like a monotonous Batman beat-em-up with unnecessary leveling systems thrown in to prolong play time. Even for the 25 cents I paid I find this game lacking.

Also was just going to make a brand new thread for world of goo. people might miss this thread. I didn't even know this thread existed as I haven't really been keeping up/following the forums that much. So glad I held off through all the sales/deals/etc. Just grabbed it through amazon!

Happy to see World of Goo for free.Its one of those I've been thinking about getting if it ever went on a price drop, and now its free :D.

Woooo.... $25 Google Play card for Christmas. Bought Bard's Tale since the chance of me playing it on the tablet is greater than the chance of me playing it on PC.

Plus it supposedly works with the MOGA should it ever arrive.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Woooo.... $25 Google Play card for Christmas. Bought Bard's Tale since the chance of me playing it on the tablet is greater than the chance of me playing it on PC.

Plus it supposedly works with the MOGA should it ever arrive.[/QUOTE]

That is the same case for me. I have The Bard's Tale on the PC and hardly play it, but on the Android version, I'm nearly at the endgame. Same goes for me with my MOGA; I'm a bit worried of it's whereabouts. But in the meantime, InXile also recently updated the game with support of the Nyko PlayPad Pro that I also have, so I'll use that. They even fixed the D-pad/Left Analog Stick conflict problem that I e-mailed them about, and now it plays beautifully on the Nyko PlayPad. I hope they bring more games to Android, because both The Bard's Tale and InXile support are incredible.

[quote name='razorracer83']That is the same case for me. I have The Bard's Tale on the PC and hardly play it, but on the Android version, I'm nearly at the endgame. Same goes for me with my MOGA; I'm a bit worried of it's whereabouts. But in the meantime, InXile also updated the game with support of the Nyko PlayPad Pro that I also have, so I'll use that. They even fixed the D-pad/Left Analog Stick conflict problem that I e-mailed them about, and now it plays beautifully on the Nyko PlayPad. I hope they bring more games to Android, because both The Bard's Tale and InXile support are incredible.[/QUOTE]

My MOGA arrived yesterday, so I think its just taking them time to get them all out. Patience!

[quote name='chimpmeister']My MOGA arrived yesterday, so I think its just taking them time to get them all out. Patience![/QUOTE]

Hard to be patient when it's hardly moved at all. Mine left WA on Sunday and made it to WI on Saturday where it hasn't moved since then. Terrible shipping (even though I did the cheap shipping I thought it would make it further than it has now.) Hoping it comes soon and with Sonic CD so I don't have to buy it in the store, but would like to get it while it's on sale if I have to.

Any opinions on how GTA3, Max Payne, Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery or others? Have some credit left to use from the Nexus 7.

[quote name='DK745']Hard to be patient when it's hardly moved at all. Mine left WA on Sunday and made it to WI on Saturday where it hasn't moved since then. Terrible shipping (even though I did the cheap shipping I thought it would make it further than it has now.) Hoping it comes soon and with Sonic CD so I don't have to buy it in the store, but would like to get it while it's on sale if I have to.

Any opinions on how GTA3, Max Payne, Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery or others? Have some credit left to use from the Nexus 7.[/QUOTE]

At least yours moved. I'm one of the unfortunate ones whose tracking data is stuck at "Initiated".

As for games. GTA3 is a great port, but the gamepad controls are borked. As is Max Payne, but while the gamepad controls are just fine, the sensitivity is too high even on the lowest setting. Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery is a pretty good game. I also highly recommend Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Wild Blood, and 9 MM; those are all awesome games.

[quote name='Motoki']Is it bad that I grabbed World of Goo on Amazon even though I already own it from the Humble app? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Imo. No. I did. I haven't played with the revamped HiB App, but Amazon (with its faults) is just smoother. World of Good is one of the few games I specifically used my Wacom pad for.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Woooo.... $25 Google Play card for Christmas. Bought Bard's Tale since the chance of me playing it on the tablet is greater than the chance of me playing it on PC.

Plus it supposedly works with the MOGA should it ever arrive.[/QUOTE]

I feel that. However I own it from retail ($5) and should have a steam code as a WL2 backer.

Man, I got my Gameklip in the mail yesterday for my Note II, effing awesome. I highly recommend it. I got a (second) TPU case for my phone that the klip permanently attaches to, the clip itself and 2 custom cables for like 25 bucks shipped. A great deal, and a great product. I have a sixaxxis controller that I'm going to leave in it permanently, then just slip my phone out of my case and into the Gameklip case whenever I want to use it. Anyone looking for a Android controller solution that already has PS3 controllers lying around should check it out.

bread's done
Back