Android games ongoing sales.

FPSE is also a horrible emulator that breaks stuff almost every release and very poor performance. Retroarch android is out i believe in the next day or 2 and does PSX full speed on any moderate platform. Its also 100% free.

Most of the Kemco JRPGs are on sale for $1.99. I am pretty sure these are RPG Maker games since they all look the same and would explain how they churned out so many.

[quote name='louiedog']It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I got that working on my Nexus 7 this weekend.

Edit: Apparently installation of Samurai Beatdown and Lemmings failed. Trying the other certs on the XDA thread. (Android Police poster had the same issue, didn't state resolution.)

Edit 2: Nope those other certs didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it, half to support Terry Cavanagh, half because the trippy trailer.

edit: Intial review. Sounds fantastic. Looks fantastic. Harder than the Super Gravitron. I believe my average play through/round in super hexagon in around 4 seconds. BUT I WILL SURVIVE! Cause it's mildly addictive.

[quote name='AgentW']I bought it, half to support Terry Cavanagh, half because the trippy trailer.

edit: Intial review. Sounds fantastic. Looks fantastic. Harder than the Super Gravitron. I believe my average play through/round in super hexagon in around 4 seconds. BUT I WILL SURVIVE! Cause it's mildly addictive.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on all counts. Control is a little twitchy, so i may have better luck when i'm not sick. First game i've actually purchased on my S3, and it was $.99 well spent.

Oh, and thank you, mrsamsa :)

[quote name='mrsamsa']I know someone made a dedicated thread for it, but it's worth mentioning here that Super Hexagon's excellent, and on sale for 99c as a new release.

Seems to be fine on Nexus 7 despite the developer reporting input lag.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.distractionware.superhexagon[/QUOTE]

That was me! But it's buried in page 3 or 4 I think.

No lag on my N7!

38.xx seconds in Hard mode. Don't worry, I'm trying..

There's a tower defense game called Medieval on sale for $1. What sets it apart from other tower defense games is that you only use real medieval weaponry like ballistas. I don't know that it would be fun after ten minutes just shooting arrows into everything. Someone buy it and post their impressions.

I barely made it past 10 seconds in super hexagon, at that point everything goes reverse and im midway on the other side with no time to make it out. Need to play it more im sure. Lovely game, well worth the 99 cents.

Was anyone able to get a flip cover or tec tiles this second time around? I guess people who signed up last time and were unable to get any in time were sent an email for a second chance. I got the email at 7am and tried it at 7:30 am and they were already out.

They had 12,000 for the Galaxy and 12,000 for the Note II so I assume someone was able to get one.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I barely made it past 10 seconds in super hexagon, at that point everything goes reverse and im midway on the other side with no time to make it out. Need to play it more im sure. Lovely game, well worth the 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm actually happy with the purchase. I'll be shocked if it's not in a bundle soon, but I'll probably pick up whatever bundle it is anyway, especially if we get the soundtrack.

But yeah, my current record is 18.02 seconds, and prior to that it was... 18.02 seconds. And as far as I can tell, to unlock the levels, you need to get what, a minute? If you figure 10 = Line, 20 ?= Triangle, 30 ?= Square, 40 ?= Pentagon, 50 ?= Hexagon? I can't even imagine. Sadly, the controls just don't seem to be responsive enough - I often end up just going over into the next sector, even when I don't want to. And very small movements seem impossible.

Edit: It's even worse than that, apparently. Up to 35.31 record, and it is Triangle/Square at 20/30, but then the next level is at 45 seconds, not 40. Still, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Almost always up to ~15 seconds before I bite it, and it's getting easier to get into the 20 range. A lot of it really seems to just be luck as to the "maze" you end up getting.

There was a PSM update that after applying, I am now able to install PSM games on my N7. I installed and tried the free Lemmings game. It seems like a faithful remake of the classic (with way better graphics). Trivia: Lemming's was (then called DMA) Rockstar North's first hit.

[quote name='blitz6speed']https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.retroarch

Retroarch is out for android, go enjoy the best emu on android by a mile.[/QUOTE]

This emu does seem pretty interesting, although I would like an option to change the on-screen controller layout, as well as the video mode (full screen/original/etc). I've only tried out the SNES and PSX modules so far, but both emulate nicely.

On another note, if you are interested in grabbing this, I'd do it quickly, as it will surely be pulled from the marketplace when it is discovered that it includes psx bios files (which are illegal to distribute) that are needed to run psx isos. Other emulators make you rip your own bios, or get them by less scrupulous means.

[quote name='lassiterb']This emu does seem pretty interesting, although I would like an option to change the on-screen controller layout, as well as the video mode (full screen/original/etc). I've only tried out the SNES and PSX modules so far, but both emulate nicely.

On another note, if you are interested in grabbing this, I'd do it quickly, as it will surely be pulled from the marketplace when it is discovered that it includes psx bios files (which are illegal to distribute) that are needed to run psx isos. Other emulators make you rip your own bios, or get them by less scrupulous means.[/QUOTE]

There is no PSX bios, the entire project is open source. You can compile it yourself from code and PSX games work without a PSX bios. They would NEVER include it. The PSX emu works with HLE out of the box, so no bios required for it to play games. If you add the bios files, you might get some better compatibility, but they are not needed at all for most games, which all run @ 60fps for me. So just a fyi, its not going to be pulled from the market, its 100% open source and uses no pirated anything.

[quote name='asheskitty']There was a PSM update that after applying, I am now able to install PSM games on my N7. I installed and tried the free Lemmings game. It seems like a faithful remake of the classic (with way better graphics). Trivia: Lemming's was (then called DMA) Rockstar North's first hit.[/QUOTE]

Wait! The Nexus 7 is Playstation Certified now? Is it only for the ASUS Nexus 7 or does the ASUS Transformer tablets get it as well?

Edit. Never mind. It seems it does. Now I don't have to worry about micromanaging space on my Playstation Vita since I got loads of space on my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Wow, weird...not compatible with the Xperia Play...[/QUOTE]

The emulator works fine in gingerbread, but the user interface is 4.0 and up right now. It is being redone right now and will soon work on the xperia play and other 2.3 devices. The buttons for the xperia play are already mapped out in the emu.

There is an RTS on sale right now for 99 cents called Star Armada. It is pretty run-of-the-mill for a sci-fi RTS but the fact that an RTS would even work on tablets is pretty cool. It also has a tower defense mode.

Tetris is also 99 cents.

[quote name='HaloGX']I've heard it's a good game, though it's been that price since Christmas I think.[/QUOTE]

It's been the special $2.99 price ever since it launched on Android. I'm sure it's never dropping at this point.

[quote name='lassiterb']This emu does seem pretty interesting, although I would like an option to change the on-screen controller layout, as well as the video mode (full screen/original/etc). I've only tried out the SNES and PSX modules so far, but both emulate nicely.
[/QUOTE]

Retroarch is unplayable for me due to the controls. It has the worse touch control of any emulators :(. I hope it will be fixed.

Retroarch works great with my MOGA. I only tried the snes and genesis emulator. The only thing is I don't know how to save or load during gameplay

[quote name='louiedog']This week's free PSM game is Aqua Kitty.[/QUOTE]

Looks like an enhanced Defender:bouncy:

[quote name='neoKEN']Retroarch is unplayable for me due to the controls. It has the worse touch control of any emulators :(. I hope it will be fixed.[/QUOTE]

There have been several updates to the on screen controls, and you can try different overlays as well in the menu. BTW, on screen controls will ALWAYS suck, so dont expect anything to ever be "good", get a controller.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Retroarch works great with my MOGA. I only tried the snes and genesis emulator. The only thing is I don't know how to save or load during gameplay[/QUOTE]

It should save in game fine like a normal cart. If you want save states, you have to not disable the onscreen controls, then press the home button on the onscreen controls, it brings up the menu for states and more.

[quote name='blitz6speed']It should save in game fine like a normal cart. If you want save states, you have to not disable the onscreen controls, then press the home button on the onscreen controls, it brings up the menu for states and more.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they fix it so you don't have to have the onscreen controls onscreen to save. I disable it the onscreen controls because I use a controller.

I found The MOGA input to be laggy on the Nexus 4 in retroarch. It seems to work much faster if you download the standalone SNES9X EX from the google play store.

I still wish it was a cross input instead of the analog nub for emulation, but I'll get used to it.

[quote name='whitereflection']Contre Jour is on sale for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

This looks cute - might get it. Hope it plays well on a tablet (Nexus 7).

So I was looking at the Duo Game Controller for Apple on sale at BB today for $14.99 and thinking Oh it's bluetooth it should work for Android but apparently not according to the Amazon reviews.

I guess it's Apple only AND only works on a few specific Gameloft games.

I must say I really don't get or a approve of this whole proprietary controller trend for mobile gaming.

These companies need to start making products that are universal and not so damned limited.

insanityo.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']
I guess it's Apple only AND only works on a few specific Gameloft games.

I must say I really don't get or a approve of this whole proprietary controller trend for mobile gaming.

These companies need to start making products that are universal and not so damned limited.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have my xbox 360 (wired) controller hooked up to my Nexus 7, which is awesome. Some games, however, don't support anything other than soft controls. Drives me nuts.

[quote name='jshackles']Agreed. I have my xbox 360 (wired) controller hooked up to my Nexus 7, which is awesome. Some games, however, don't support anything other than soft controls. Drives me nuts.[/QUOTE]

That's what's great about the sixaxis app. You can take a screenshot of a game, open it up in the app, and then use it to map button assignments to the virtual controls. If you've ever used xpadder on the PC it's a lot like that. It'd be nice if one day support for more controllers was patched into the app or others, like the moga universal driver creator, learned from it.

Anomaly Warzone Earth and Anomaly Korea are on sale for $1.99. Even if you got the former as a PS+ freebie, I'd imagine this game would play better on tablets.

Anomaly Korea has been optimized for Tegra 3 devices, so if you have one, get this beautiful, beautiful game.

[quote name='jshackles']Agreed. I have my xbox 360 (wired) controller hooked up to my Nexus 7, which is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Easy as it gets.

Okay, today's Amazon Free App of the Day is a good one: Sleepwalker's Journey. The FAOTDs are getting consistently better lately. Also, between that Amazon FAOTD and putting the Anomaly games on sale for half price on Google Play, 11 Bit Studios is really doing a great service for Android this week. I hope to find Funky Smugglers as an FAOTD this week as well. If not, oh well. I'll just buy it then, since it's only a dollar.

On the subject of controllers, a Dualshock 3 with the Sixaxis app works great. It supports touch mapping, which means basically every game works with it with a bit of setup time.

[quote name='razorracer83']Okay, today's Amazon Free App of the Day is a good one: Sleepwalker's Journey. The FAOTDs are getting consistently better lately. Also, between that Amazon FAOTD and putting the Anomaly games on sale for half price on Google Play, 11 Bit Studios is really doing a great service for Android this week. I hope to find Funky Smugglers as an FAOTD this week as well. If not, oh well. I'll just buy it then, since it's only a dollar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, its a fun game.

Somewhat unrelated but I have been addicted to Puzzles and Dragons - game is free with in app purchases if you wish - very playable without. It's like Pokemon and Bejeweled had a love child.

[quote name='Izod517']Somewhat unrelated but I have been addicted to Puzzles and Dragons - game is free with in app purchases if you wish - very playable without. It's like Pokemon and Bejeweled had a love child.[/QUOTE]

Completely unrelated, but all I ever seem to do with my Nexus tablet is play Zen Pinball (and check CAG, of course)

bread's done
Back