Android games ongoing sales.

I've only played Eve of the Genesis and Alphadia. Alphadia was the best of the two (better visuals, music, characters, and story), but both games were nothing special. I managed to get through one of these games just using auto battle (with the exception of one boss). The games took about 9 hours to complete.

Although AppSales lists quite a few, it doesn't list all of the Kemco RPGs, but they're all on sale for $.99. Do a search for "Kemco" at the Google store and you should find them all.

[quote name='Zbornak']Although AppSales lists quite a few, it doesn't list all of the Kemco RPGs, but they're all on sale for $.99. Do a search for "Kemco" at the Google store and you should find them all.[/QUOTE]

or just goto the developer page

Already had Symphony of Eternity from an earlier sale, decided to grab Symphony of the Origin. Tempting to get some of the others, but none of them seem all that great, and it seems like Kemco's games go on sale not-infrequently.

If anyone else come across a gem though, let us know.

[quote name='INCyr']Already had Symphony of Eternity from an earlier sale, decided to grab Symphony of the Origin. Tempting to get some of the others, but none of them seem all that great, and it seems like Kemco's games go on sale not-infrequently.

If anyone else come across a gem though, let us know.[/QUOTE]

Same here though I also picked up Grinsia and Eve of the Genesis, only because they have pretty good ratings (4.2 and 4.3 stars) and were previously $7.99. It's hard to release a game for that much on the Play Store and still pull those kinds of numbers, so I'll toss a buck each at them. ;)

[quote name='jshackles']Same here though I also picked up Grinsia and Eve of the Genesis, only because they have pretty good ratings (4.2 and 4.3 stars) and were previously $7.99. It's hard to release a game for that much on the Play Store and still pull those kinds of numbers, so I'll toss a buck each at them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about picking up a few others, but once I go down that path... besides, I've had my eye on Bard's Tale now, and I figure any money I put toward these mediocre RPGs could instead be going towards that.

But yeah, Covenant of Solitude and Silver Nornir are the two that caught my eye if I was going to pick up any others on a whim.

Had Symphony of Eternity and Eve of Genesis all ready.
Purchased, Alphdia 1 and 2, Symphony of the Origin, Covenant of Solitude, Aeon Avenger,Silver Nornir, and Grinsia.

I liked Symphony of Eternity. I can't remember if I beat Genesis or not but probably going to play them both again.

[quote name='HaloGX']Iron Man 3 is a freemium game.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Outside of that Disney price mistake, which is the only time I've seen it happen, if a game is free on Android it cannot be changed to a paid app. Once free always free. Unfortunately this means we don't get temporary freebies like on iOS and I really hope they change the store rules.

[quote name='louiedog']Yep. Outside of that Disney price mistake, which is the only time I've seen it happen, if a game is free on Android it cannot be changed to a paid app. Once free always free. Unfortunately this means we don't get temporary freebies like on iOS and I really hope they change the store rules.[/QUOTE]

Why is it like this?

[quote name='Tibbs']Why is it like this?[/QUOTE]

No idea. On iOS developers use it to bump their game up the rankings. If you go free for a few days you can get your game in a spot where people see it when they open up the store and it'll still be there when it goes back to paid. All of those eyes in addition to word of mouth give them a big boost in sales. Perhaps Google doesn't want them gaming the rankings this way? I don't know why they would want to prevent that or of any problems that it causes on iOS.

Not a sale but I just picked up Dungeon Raid and had to come here and tell everyone how great it is.

I am probably late to the game with this one but for those who are still unaware of this game I wanted to bring it to light.

It is only $2 and it is FANTASTIC. It has a unique take on the gem matching genre and adds RPG elements like Puzzle Quest but makes it all happen in a single game! Sounds odd but it is amazing.

GET IT. GO!

[quote name='BrolyB593']Not a sale but I just picked up Dungeon Raid and had to come here and tell everyone how great it is.

I am probably late to the game with this one but for those who are still unaware of this game I wanted to bring it to light.

It is only $2 and it is FANTASTIC. It has a unique take on the gem matching genre and adds RPG elements like Puzzle Quest but makes it all happen in a single game! Sounds odd but it is amazing.

GET IT. GO![/QUOTE]

If that's your kind of game, may I strongly sugggest "10000000". It's finally on Android from iOS for $2.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eightyeightgames.tenmillion

Also played a bit of Dungeon Raid. My only wish is that it had a campaign game like PQ.

Saw that Repulze is on sale for a $1.00/66% off. Looks like a decent Wipeout clone.

[quote name='louiedog']GTA Vice City is on sale for $1.99 right now.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, tempting. I've yet to touch GTA3 though, so I'm not sure I wouldn't be throwing $2 away. OTOH, it's $2....

Also, Neuroshima Hex is currently on sale for $.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kairosoft inspired Epic Pirates Story is now available for $0.99, down from $1.27

...I know, big savings right? Well, I've actually been looking at this one for awhile and I've only held off on purchasing it because I discovered Google Play doesn't allow you to do partial payments with remaining Play credit, and purchasing apps at strange prices like $1.27 would eventually cause a leftover balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizRNnTVHXU

I just got a samsung galazy tab 7 can anyone recommend any good games?

I never played a tablet game before. I watched some videos but usually get a sense of being gimmicky with the touch controls.

I wouldn't mind a few games with high replay value for when I'm on the go.

Would buy Vice City if it would work on my HTC EVO 3D
GTA3 works but doesnt install so i bought on tablet, and extracted apk to install on cell (Works perfectly)
But Vice city crashes soon as you drive away in beginning so no plans to buy it :/

[quote name='needler420']I just got a samsung galazy tab 7 can anyone recommend any good games?

I never played a tablet game before. I watched some videos but usually get a sense of being gimmicky with the touch controls.

I wouldn't mind a few games with high replay value for when I'm on the go.[/QUOTE]

Cut the Rope a thousand times over. Seriously, that game is awesome! Also check out titles that have been in Humble Bundles, as they are almost all pretty good (finished The Room recently, and while it isn't replayable, it was really good). Depends on what you are looking for, as there are quite a few great games on android. Triple Town is a great puzzler, and insanely addictive. I'd have to look at my phone for some other titles, as they all begin to blur together after a point.

Right. I just bought 9th Dawn a week or 2 back for $3usd. I've been waiting for months for a price drop but it never happened. And now it's in the newest indie gala (lowest tier).

Oh well, they did deserve the 3 bucks but i'm still unhappy considering i waited months before jumping in.

[quote name='HaloGX']This sucks. Vice City is my favorite GTA but it isn't compatible with the Evo LTE. GTAIII is though.[/QUOTE]

I'm experiencing the same issue with my new phone. Traded in my S3, and picked up the HTC One. I check out the app in the Play Store...not compatible...ugh...When I actually want to spend money on an app it...Maybe next time.

Indie Gala has a new mobile bundle

http://www.indiegala.com/

Pay What You Want for:
  • Chimpact (Android)
  • Trainz Simulator (Android)
  • 9th Dawn (Android)

Beat The Average (currently $3.77) and get also:
  • Bag It! (Android)
  • Great Big War Game (Android)
  • Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack (Android & Desura)
  • Slender Man! Chapter 1: Alone (Android)
  • Trainz Driver (Android)

3 mystery games will be added.

The lower tier says requires $1 minimum for Steam or Desura keys but as far as I can tell there are none in the lower tier anyway.

They made a big point of saying these games will be updated but assuming you have to keep going back to their site to get new APKs that's a bit of a PITA.

As always, if you're super cheap you can get in on a Happy Hour. It's complicated, but basically one person hosts and buys gifts with free bonus copies during HH and divides up the cost and resells. Usually comes to $2 each or less.

-----

re: Games on Google Play not compatible.

Most stuff that supposed is 'not compatible' actually will work but just hasn't been enabled for certain phones in the play store. You can generally get them to work if you're willing to do a bunch of hoop jumping like build prop edits (need to be rooted) and so forth.

Otherwise you can try Amazon if it's a game they carry.

What Kolma said about getting it, if you can, on another device and then copying the apk over usually works too.

[quote name='needler420']I just got a samsung galazy tab 7 can anyone recommend any good games?

I wouldn't mind a few games with high replay value for when I'm on the go.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same tablet a couple weeks ago and have been looking for games. Here's a list of highly rated games that I've found so far. I haven't tried most of them but a lot of the ones I have are pretty fun:

FREE Games/Apps
100 Crypts
100 Floors Escape
Aporkalypse
ArcherCat
Arel Wars 2
Beat The Boss 2
Brain Lab 2
Bunny Shooter
CKZ Origins
Cartoon Wars
Cartoon Wars Gunner+
Castle Master 3D
Clouds & Sheep
Cut The Rope: Time Travel
Diversion
Dolphin Browser (mobile browser)
Eternity Warriors 2
Fantashooting
Find The Differences/Find Me
Gun Strike
Guns N Glory WW2
Hill Climb Racing
Into The Dead
Live Hold'em Poker Pro
Major Mayhem
ManuGanu
Monster Shooter
Mutant
Nova Launcher (customization app)
Pou
Racing Penguin 2
Real Basketball
Reddit Is Fun (app for reddit)
Road Warrior
Shake Spears!
Strikefleet Omega
Subway Surfers
The Treasures Of Montezuma 3
Towers N Trolls
Wind-Up Knight
What's My IQ
Zombie Ace
Zombies...OMG!

Paid Games/Apps
Broken Sword Director's Cut $4
The Room $2
Granny Smith $2
Slingshot Racing $1

Also you can check here for some of the most popular apps/games

[quote name='Motoki']

Pay What You Want for:
  • Chimpact (Android)
  • 9th Dawn (Android)

• Bag It! (Android)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the Indie Gala, but I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I already have three platforms I get my Android apps from (Play Store, Amazon, Humble Bundle) and I don't really feel like tacking on a third.

I have big love for Bag It! Had a lot of big updates since it released, so it's a pretty solid package. I've pasted a little write up I did on it last year, just below.

Bag It! is a tetris style game with a grocery bag theme. The goal is essentially to take items off the conveyer belt and to arrange them in the grocery bag just right to avoid crushing any of the items. Yes, you play as a grocery store bagger and it's awesome. There is a destruction mode and a puzzle mode that are both quite fun as well, though the puzzle mode can be a bit tricky at times.

The art style is cute and cartoony, and each product has their own personality that really add a whole lot of charm to the game. The interface is simple to navigate and the game controls great, using drag and drop touch and two finger taps to rotate each object. It's easy to get into, and easy to get sucked into as you try to 3-star and unlock each medal.

With about 3 main modes and a few other add'tl challenges, Bag It! is easy to recommend at $1.99 on the android market. If anything, be sure and check out the free Lite version to give it a shot. I'm personally looking forward to some more content in the future!

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks for the heads up on the Indie Gala, but I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I already have three platforms I get my Android apps from (Play Store, Amazon, Humble Bundle) and I don't really feel like tacking on a third.[/QUOTE]

Although I'm always up for more cheap Android games, I'm also hesitant to buy this. I'm still sore that an Android game I bought from IG in the past won't work on Android 4.x and both IG and the developers keep blowing me off about it. And if IG's idea of updates is a Dropbox APK whenever they feel like it, then forget it.

Early heads-ups, Carmageddon will be free on the Play Store on 10 May. (yes, port of the original)

I feel your pain on "non-supported" device for apps. My Android experience started on a Nook Color so I used to hit that a good bit, I figured due to having a unofficially supported device (though darn standard hardware, and ASOP). When I moved up to a Nexus 7 I thought things would get better -- not nearly as much as I expected. Even on a flagship Google tablet those device restricted apps still flag me as "no app for you!" far more often than they should. (In the handful of cases where I sideloaded those same apps they worked just fine.)

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks for the heads up on the Indie Gala, but I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I already have three platforms I get my Android apps from (Play Store, Amazon, Humble Bundle) and I don't really feel like tacking on a third.[/QUOTE]

This! 100% this. As much as I'd like Trainz on Android humble bundle is as far as I'll stray from the Play Store/Amazon.

[quote name='seamoss']Although I'm always up for more cheap Android games, I'm also hesitant to buy this. I'm still sore that an Android game I bought from IG in the past won't work on Android 4.x and both IG and the developers keep blowing me off about it. And if IG's idea of updates is a Dropbox APK whenever they feel like it, then forget it.[/QUOTE]

Which clearly broadcasts how seriously they take it. If they cared they would toss together an app a repo behind it.

[quote name='Motoki']

Pay What You Want for:
  • Chimpact (Android)
  • 9th Dawn (Android)

• Bag It! (Android)

The lower tier says requires $1 minimum for Steam or Desura keys but as far as I can tell there are none in the lower tier anyway.

They made a big point of saying these games will be updated but assuming you have to keep going back to their site to get new APKs that's a bit of a PITA.

As always, if you're super cheap you can get in on a Happy Hour. It's complicated, but basically one person hosts and buys gifts with free bonus copies during HH and divides up the cost and resells. Usually comes to $2 each or less.

-----

re: Games on Google Play not compatible.

Most stuff that supposed is 'not compatible' actually will work but just hasn't been enabled for certain phones in the play store. You can generally get them to work if you're willing to do a bunch of hoop jumping like build prop edits (need to be rooted) and so forth.

Otherwise you can try Amazon if it's a game they carry.

What Kolma said about getting it, if you can, on another device and then copying the apk over usually works too.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Motoki!

[quote name='asheskitty']
This! 100% this. As much as I'd like Trainz on Android humble bundle is as far as I'll stray from the Play Store/Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

I wish that the Play store had a way to redeem keys issued to the developers like Steam does. If they did, we wouldn't have to put up with this kind of garbage.

[quote name='jshackles']I wish that the Play store had a way to redeem keys issued to the developers like Steam does. If they did, we wouldn't have to put up with this kind of garbage.[/QUOTE]

Imo, they *really* need to/should, especially with the rise of kickstarter. I'm curious if they don't because they don't realize the demand, or they want their two dollars! 30% cut. Same goes for that fruity store.

I was just thinking about the free Carmageddon. That will have to be a separate app from the paid one and will be removed after that first day. Does that mean our free version will no longer get updated? Will updates have to be done via the app? Google, in addition to allowing developers to generate codes, really needs to open up the pricing flexibility for paid apps to go free.

I also watched a video and can't tell if it looks worse than my memories of the PC game or better than they actually were. My guess is both.

bread's done
Back