Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='Tibbs']Hey FidelityNy,

If I've installed Android onto my touchpad recently, does that mean it is rooted? I'm very new to all of this, so sorry for the question. :)[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, but most custom roms come pre-rooted. You can use a root checker to verify whether it's rooted or not. You can also tell you're rooted when you have an app called "Superuser" or "SupeSU" in your app drawer and you don't recall putting it there yourself.

Root Checker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

[quote name='Tibbs']Hey FidelityNy,

If I've installed Android onto my touchpad recently, does that mean it is rooted? I'm very new to all of this, so sorry for the question. :)[/QUOTE]

If you managed to install Android on your HP Touchpad, then yes, it is rooted already.

Thanks for the heads up on Tigris and Euphrates! I've had my eye on it for a while, but I've never played the board game. This is the same company that produced other board games like Le Havre and Puerto Rico on iOS, so hopefully if this gets a spike in sales on the android side of things that they'll port over some of their other games.

[quote name='morbitrius']Thanks for the heads up on Tigris and Euphrates! I've had my eye on it for a while, but I've never played the board game. This is the same company that produced other board games like Le Havre and Puerto Rico on iOS, so hopefully if this gets a spike in sales on the android side of things that they'll port over some of their other games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on T&E. I love board game adaptations for touch screen and phones. I wish the Android and Apple would sort them a little better because a high quality board game adaptation. I'd love to see games like Power Grid, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Dominion or Thunderstone converted to digital form.

[quote name='shivan128']Anyone play this game yet? Trailer looks great![/QUOTE]

I just bought Fangz HD, and it's awesome! If you've played the Anger of Stick games, it's like them, only with a higher emphasis in gunplay, rather than melee. There's still melee in Fangz, but since there are usually such big floods of enemies, melee is only used as a last resort when you are low on ammo. It also has much more developed character upgrading than the AOS games.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']comments seem to imply that it regularly prompts you to buy the other Dash games, but even still, I love me some playfirst so I'll give it a try:D[/QUOTE]
It's worse than that. I downloaded that game when it was free and bought 2 more of their games. Everything was unlocked. My Kindle Fire HD was acting up so I reformatted and all three games went from a FULL game to play the first 5 levels then I have to purchase the content again. I tried to do a restore the additional content and it wouldn't let me. It basically shot me the bird so I deleted all three.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this might not be the best place to ask but I've Googled a little and it doesn't give me much of an idea. For roms/emulators (and if this is frowned upon let me know and I'll delete this) is it worth trying to do in a galaxy s3? And if so anything you all would suggest?

[quote name='tuffguycore']I know this might not be the best place to ask but I've Googled a little and it doesn't give me much of an idea. For roms/emulators (and if this is frowned upon let me know and I'll delete this) is it worth trying to do in a galaxy s3? And if so anything you all would suggest?[/QUOTE]

The S3 is a capable device and should do fine depending on what you're planning on playing with it. Most older systems are just fine.

When looking into software start with RetroArch which is free and constantly being updated. It emulates a ton of different systems.

[quote name='louiedog']The S3 is a capable device and should do fine depending on what you're planning on playing with it. Most older systems are just fine.

When looking into software start with RetroArch which is free and constantly being updated. It emulates a ton of different systems.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much for that!

[quote name='louiedog']ShaqDown just turned into a free app. They claim it's for a limited time, but Play Store rules say a free app cannot become paid, so we'll see how this works.[/QUOTE]

That looks like an updated fuck !

[quote name='jshackles']That looks like an updated fuck ![/QUOTE]

LOL! The only time that can be used as something other than a censor bypass.

I have the Amazon app store installed to my android phone. (Kyocera Rise). But when I try to download the free app, they download, but never install.

They don't seem to be showing under the download app either. Any suggestions?

mine always pop up as downloaded, and when I click on them they prompt to install. Maybe reinstall the app store, it's possible it got corrupted. And check to make sure that the option to install non play store apps (forget the official wording) hasn't turned itself back on somehow. That would be my only guess really.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']My biggest problem with this "pseudo" generation of games that's really a turn off. Cookie cutter games that would hardly cut it in the Genesis/SNES days. Hardly much character in today's games, IMHO. Development time seems to be cut to create these paint by numbers running/social/zynga/rpg games where hardly much of any story or game mechanics are really pushed. Kind of depressing, or just me being depressed and getting old as a gamer. Not a whole lot of games I like for this new mobile/F2P/AdPlay environment. Only so many tower defense and angry birds games a guy can take.

/sorry if this was a bit of a derail/rant for this thread.[/QUOTE]

What bugs me is that so many of these paid games seem very cookie cutter or copy cat games. None of them really push gaming concepts or system hardware. Angry Birds is like the pinnacle of smart phone games but I have played way more complex, old generation games on far less powerful equipment. Gunbound, Worms, Tank Wars. Along with that many of them don't feel like complete games because through out the entire game they're always trying to penny pinch you by getting you to buy extra things to get further into the game and for titles it's required.

I'd love to see more board game ports. Settlers of Catan, Power Grid, stuff like that. They seem well fit these types of systems. Culdcept would be perfect on a tablet.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']mine always pop up as downloaded, and when I click on them they prompt to install. Maybe reinstall the app store, it's possible it got corrupted. And check to make sure that the option to install non play store apps (forget the official wording) hasn't turned itself back on somehow. That would be my only guess really.[/QUOTE]

yeah. it told me it Installation Failed, but then it gave me the option to Open iot from the app store. It let me, and the app was then in my app folder afterwards.

Cooking Dash installed. Now to free up more space somehow.

[quote name='eldergamer']I have the Amazon app store installed to my android phone. (Kyocera Rise). But when I try to download the free app, they download, but never install.

They don't seem to be showing under the download app either. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. I just deleted the Amazon App store from my phone and then re-downloaded it. Works fine now

[quote name='Palinn']I just got the PC version free with some gaming credit but this will be great for on the road play.[/QUOTE]

Same here (from GMG) and hadn't played it yet, but tried the tablet version this morning.

Man, this-game-is-hard!

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']WOOT! I've been wanting to try this so bad but just couldn't part with my dollar. Free is the price I've been waiting for, and if I like it I can buy it again on steam:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking of the Android wielding CAGs who just paid ~$1.30 for this GMG... :lol:

[quote name='asheskitty']Yeah, I was thinking of the Android wielding CAGs who just paid ~$1.30 for this GMG... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the GMG (Steam) version also gives you a Mac & Linooks version on your desktop, in addition to the Pee-Cee one.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I just bought this last week!

I love it though I feel like I maxed out on it pretty quickly in terms of leveling.[/QUOTE]

The game is pretty fun but after beating like the 4-5 dungeon, I'm at the point where I lack the quickness to beat the map and even the level ups don't seem like they would help.

[quote name='seamoss']Keep in mind that the GMG (Steam) version also gives you a Mac & Linooks version on your desktop, in addition to the Pee-Cee one.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to backlog tablet games on a tablet =p

So I thought I'd try 10^7 for a little bit tonight...

...three hours later and my hands are numb, my eyes are swollen up, I can't even hold the tablet up, and yet I still want to have one more go. It may be grindy, but shaq-fu is it addictive!

[quote name='razorracer83']So if you like Fruit Ninja, like free, but don't like ads, this is your opportunity to get all three.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, the kids like it, so I thought I'd re-install it since it's ad-free. Downloaded, about to click install, and then "Permissions: Get information about currently or recently running tasks". Ha, yeah right - thanks but no thanks.

Wow! After getting the iOS version of Fruit Ninja for free and seeing this version for free, it seems the difference is night and day. The iOS version I got for free was the full, definitive version of Fruit Ninja. This version looks like it's the free version without the free label on the icon. Looks like this Amazon FAOTD isn't as exciting as it should've turned out to be.

[quote name='razorracer83']Wow! After getting the iOS version of Fruit Ninja for free and seeing this version for free, it seems the difference is night and day. The iOS version I got for free was the full, definitive version of Fruit Ninja. This version looks like it's the free version without the free label on the icon. Looks like this Amazon FAOTD isn't as exciting as it should've turned out to be.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As a previous owner of an iPhone 4 before switching over to the S3, I miss two things. 1: The iOS version of Fruit Ninja and 2: Bejeweled Blitz.

[quote name='jshackles']Amazons Free App of the Day is Cut the Rope: Experiments

Seems like they're on a roll this week![/QUOTE]

already played it on iOS, but for free I can't pass it up for android. Hopefully I get a tablet soon and I will play through it again on a larger screen;)

They have definitely been putting up some great apps for free, though like everyone has been saying, these still often feature ads in some form or another. Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying when they aren't present in the iOS versions of the same game:bomb:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']already played it on iOS, but for free I can't pass it up for android. Hopefully I get a tablet soon and I will play through it again on a larger screen;)

They have definitely been putting up some great apps for free, though like everyone has been saying, these still often feature ads in some form or another. Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying when they aren't present in the iOS versions of the same game:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I hate ads (except static ads, I just can't tolerate anything with animation). If your 'droid is rooted you can place an ad-server blocking hosts file. I've always done this my handheld linux machines as well as my 'droids.

I do this for web-browsing (lower-overhead equivalent of ad-block) but it seems to a catch/block some of the in-app ads.

Swiped from AndroidPolice (Some have already been posted):
Games
Yesterday – $2.49 (50%)
Jazz: Trump's Journey – $1.49 (50%)
Twelve other Bulkypix Games 50% off
Football Manager Handheld 2013 – $4.99 (50% off)
EPOCH – $0.99 (from $2.99)
Bag It! – $0.99 (from $1.99)
SPIRIT HD – $1.99 (from $2.99)
Totemo HD (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99) Expired
ShaqDown – Free (from $0.99)
Fangz HD – $0.99 (50% off)
Touch Racing Nitro – $0.99 (from $1.99)
World of Goo – $0.99 (from $4.99)
AVP: Evolution – $0.99 (80% off)
Fieldrunners 2 – $0.99 (66% off)
Fingerboard HD – $0.99 (from $1.99)
Cut The Rope HD – $0.99 (from $1.99) added 5/26 at 3:30am Pacific
Plasma Sky (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99) added 5/26 at 3:30am Pacific
Grim Joggers – $0.99 (from $2.49) added 5/27 at 10:30am Pacific
W.E.L.D.E.R. – $0.99 (from $2.99) added 5/27 at 11:15am Pacific
Ruzzle (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99) added 5/27 at 11:20am Pacific
Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free) (on Amazon) – Free (from $0.99) added 5/27 at 12:50pm Pacific
Angry Birds Space HD (on Amazon) – Free (from $2.99) added 5/27 at 12:50pm Pacific

[quote name='HaloGX']What's the difference between Bejeweled Blitz on iOS compared to Android?[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! I didn't know Blitz was finally added to the Android market. Looks like it released on the 2nd of this month. Happy day.

Rebuild is the amazon FAOTD (on mobile, so no links sorry)

I think it was in the indie gala Android bundle recently, so it might be above average. Downloading it just for the heck of it. Strangely the add says Rebuild 2, but that doesn't seem to actually exist on the store:whistle2:k

Woot! Just recently got my Galaxy S4. I had an iPhone and had been frequenting the iOS thread, now time to join this thread. Any games I should know that only exists on android? I figure most games are mirrored on both app stores.

I'd also like to know if there are any good Android exclusive games... Just got an HTC One a week ago. I've had iPhones for the last 5 years, so I've spent most of the last week trying to unlearn ios, lol.

[quote name='jshackles']Magicka - Wizards of the Square Tablet is on sale for $0.99

I had never heard of this until now. It looks kind of like Castle Crashers but with the Magicka characters, which is a good thing. Anyone played it and have any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It plays similarly to Battleheart, but I think Magicka controls better.

I enjoy it quite a lot. It runs and looks great on my Galaxy Tab 8.9 and captures the spirit of the PC Magicka quite well. The spell combination system and the silly humor is as solid as ever and I find it a joy to play.

There are robe, staves, and minions to unlock as you progress through the story. I haven't tried the multiplayer or co-op at all.

bread's done
Back