Andromeda: Slipstream Collection (50pc) $99.99 @ bestbuy.com

Haven't ever watched much Andromeda. I've caught bits and pieces of episodes here and there, but I doubt I've ever watched a complete episode.

How does the series stack up against other sci-fi like Battlestar, Farscape, Firefly, etc???

The first two seasons of Andromeda were great. After Robert Hewitt Wolfe was removed as writer and producer of the show the show just went downhill and never recovered.

The series as a whole doesn't stack up very well when compared to the other sci-fi series such as Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Firefly, and Star Trek, specifically Deep Space 9.

Hmm, this is pretty cheap for a TV DVD complete collection, which makes me wonder how good this show actually is. Like Krymner, I've only caught bits and pieces of episodes here and there, but it looks like something I might be interested in. If I can find it stores, I may pick it up whenever BB sends out one of those monthly 10% off coupons, as $90 doesn't seem that bad a price for 110 episodes.

I was a big fan of the show, the first two seasons are great, the thrid and fourth are average and the last years is absolute crap, crap. And if you do get it you'll want to read the Coda of RHW which gives his vision of what the show would've been like if he stayed on as Head writer.

If you want to be a real cheapass DDD will have it for about $91 shipped during their 20% off sale which is when I got it last year.

I enjoy the series, although i also love Kevin Sorbo and Alexa Doig

What others said: Andromeda started out fun, then went downhill after the second season. Still, if I didn't already have the second season (the best one overall IMHO), I'd be tempted to get this.

bread's done
Back