Angel Complete Set - $55.99 on Amazon

Might buy this. I loved this series and I watched a little of it on netflix, but what if they take it off in the future? haha not a bad deal. im going to lunch for an hour so hopefully i can get it for that price still once i get back

I bought this a year ago when it was 79.99 and i love it, i had only seen like 2 seasons in my life at that point and now i am a huge buffy fan. If you like the show, get this box set. I love mine.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I bought this a year ago when it was 79.99 and i love it, i had only seen like 2 seasons in my life at that point and now i am a huge buffy fan. If you like the show, get this box set. I love mine.[/QUOTE]

That's my story. I had watched one or two on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I had gift cards so when it dropped to $79.99, I bought it. Paid like $35 out of pocket, which is great. I've still not completed it, but I'm using Netflix to finish just because of ease.

Definitely worth the $73. I liked the box as well.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Ha, which in turn makes you very happy in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope he doesn't go all Angelus on us afterwards. ;)

Since i see a lot of angel fans here what is your take on buffy? i own and have seen the angel set at least 5 times and love it, i see buffy is on sale and am incredibly tempted but from the first half of season 1 of buffy i wasn't THAT impressed, does it get better?

[quote name='styl3s']Since i see a lot of angel fans here what is your take on buffy? i own and have seen the angel set at least 5 times and love it, i see buffy is on sale and am incredibly tempted but from the first half of season 1 of buffy i wasn't THAT impressed, does it get better?[/QUOTE]

You should get it. Buffy gets a lot better in the later seasons; especially seasons 2 and 3.

[quote name='doc005']You should get it. Buffy gets a lot better in the later seasons; especially seasons 2 and 3.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'd say the opposite. I love seasons 1 and 2 beyond belief, 3 is great, and then it's all good. It's very different later in the show. Not bad at all. Just different.

[quote name='styl3s']Since i see a lot of angel fans here what is your take on buffy? i own and have seen the angel set at least 5 times and love it, i see buffy is on sale and am incredibly tempted but from the first half of season 1 of buffy i wasn't THAT impressed, does it get better?[/QUOTE]

Yes it gets better but you have to remember Angel was always the more mature spin off of Buffy so the tone of the show is different as Buffy doesn't have half of the emotional baggage that Angel has. The only seasons of Buffy I couldn't stand were 4 and 6 for being outright boring.

[quote name='coolsteel']Yes it gets better but you have to remember Angel was always the more mature spin off of Buffy so the tone of the show is different as Buffy doesn't have half of the emotional baggage that Angel has. The only seasons of Buffy I couldn't stand were 4 and 6 for being outright boring.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Angel's emotional baggage always seemed laughable, and the only things serious about it was his feelings for Cordelia. Angel is at its best when not taking itself too seriously as the trio of Wesley, Cordelia and Angel really did seem to get that they were just Buffy rejects, which is quite entertaining.
My wife and I have been watching this on Amazon and are just over 2 seasons in, we have both been pleasantly surprised by how entertaining this show is, because, let's face it, David Boreanaz is a really terrible actor.

[quote name='ackbar7']Seriously? Angel's emotional baggage always seemed laughable, and the only things serious about it was his feelings for Cordelia. Angel is at its best when not taking itself too seriously as the trio of Wesley, Cordelia and Angel really did seem to get that they were just Buffy rejects, which is quite entertaining.
My wife and I have been watching this on Amazon and are just over 2 seasons in, we have both been pleasantly surprised by how entertaining this show is, because, let's face it, David Boreanaz is a really terrible actor.[/QUOTE]
Two seasons in? Watch some more and you'll see what that guy was talking about. Angel gets really good as it goes on. It's the reverse Buffy.

Buffy got bad when Whedon stopped being as involved. Season 6 was brutal, although it's worth watching for the musical episode alone.

It gets A LOT better, season 1 is by far the worst season, the only other season I don't love along with 1 is 4, in fact, I think most people would agree that Buffy is a much better than Angel.

Plus, you're gonna enjoy Angel a lot more, as u get more of his back story, and see the other side of the crossovers and the story of Cordelia and Wesley.

bread's done
Back