Angry Birds full version free for Android users

UPDATE: Now available on the Market. Thanks grifta67.

I'm not sure if it's ad supported It is ad supported but the full version has been released for free if you go through GetJar. Their site has been hammered into a fine mist since this morning but they have a mobile site up that is (or was) working.

http://www.getjar.com/adp/Angry-Birds

edit: The mobile site is http://m.getjar.com

edit2: it is ad supported. Thanks mkernan.

edit3: Hero users are reporting rendering issues. Most newish phones appear to have checked in and are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish non Apple and non Android users could check this out, is there a flash version? All I ever hear about is this Angry Bird(s)!!!

[quote name='grifta67']Looks like it's on the Marketplace now too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just DLed and installed it for free from the Marketplace. It's the full game, but it is ad-supported. Still sweet!

You can also dl it directly from the Android app store. Just got it that way after failing from the getjar site directly.

Edit: Doh. Shoulda refreshed before I posted my comment. You can thank me later for thread clutter.

Just grabbed the full from the Marketplace...perfect timing, b/c I just finished up the little Beta/Demo thing. Runs great on the G2.

Couldn't be happier, I just got my Fascinate this week so this is the first game I am loading onto it. Definitely makes me feel better about the lack of a crunchyroll app for android.

I've downloaded the APK package multiple times and every time I try to install it it tells me I don't have enough space to view it... I've got 27 Mbs available on my internal storage and 400+ on the SD card, why is this happening? :(

(I'm using a G1)

[quote name='fmz65']I've downloaded the APK package multiple times and every time I try to install it it tells me I don't have enough space to view it... I've got 27 Mbs available on my internal storage and 400+ on the SD card, why is this happening? :(

(I'm using a G1)[/QUOTE]

Clear some space. Angry Birds is about 13MB, you're running low on space as it is, its probably not enough space to run the phone and the game. As for the SD card, as far as I know, you cannot install apps to the SD card unless you're on 2.2 (Froyo).

[quote name='sgaldis']Just grabbed the full from the Marketplace...perfect timing, b/c I just finished up the little Beta/Demo thing. Runs great on the G2.[/QUOTE]

Yep, up in the market. Installing now Verizon Droid.

Never played this before, so it's a cool little physics time waster game. I can think of a few meetings this will be useful for already hehe.

Thanks OP just played on my Vibrant and the game looks amazing to say the least only problem is the ads but other than that it's a great game gives me some time away from super KO boxing 2 and the sims 3

I have been waiting for the full version to buy it but getting it free is even better. If the ads are to annoying I may end up buying the ad-less version on release as the game is well worth it.

[quote name='Markew001']Where is it / what's it under in Marketplace? Not seeing it for some reason...[/QUOTE]

Just search for "Angry Birds".

If you download from website instead of market, don't forget to set your permissions to install non-market sourced apps.

[quote name='sgaldis']Just grabbed the full from the Marketplace...perfect timing, b/c I just finished up the little Beta/Demo thing. Runs great on the G2.[/QUOTE]why, yes. Yes it does. Looks awesome too!

Ugh... I've got 34 mbs free on my internal system for my G1 and its telling me I still need more space... I don't think the G1 can play Angry Birds

[quote name='fmz65']Ugh... I've got 34 mbs free on my internal system for my G1 and its telling me I still need more space... I don't think the G1 can play Angry Birds[/QUOTE]

Found this post through Google, thought I'd make an account to reply.

You can install Angry Birds, for some reason you need 40+ mbs space, but for me once installed and I open it I only get sound and a black screen.

Not sure if this is happening to everyone so I don't know if you want to risk it, too. :cry:

[quote name='Ziminrax']Found this post through Google, thought I'd make an account to reply.

You can install Angry Birds, for some reason you need 40+ mbs space, but for me once installed and I open it I only get sound and a black screen.

Not sure if this is happening to everyone so I don't know if you want to risk it, too. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I tried uninstalling to the point I had 45 mbs free (of a total of 60 mbs) and I still couldn't install it.

Grabbed my copy from the Marketplace for my Samsung Captivate. Really enjoying this game and am definitely not complaining about the price. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Ardrid']Grabbed my copy from the Marketplace for my Samsung Captivate. Really enjoying this game and am definitely not complaining about the price. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

How did you get it? I am searching Angry Birds on my Captivate's marketplace right now and it's not there. I only get crap like Angry Birds walkthrough or Angry Birds theme, but I can't see the actual game itself.

Works great on my Captivate!

Such an addictive game and it's awesome that it's free. I would have gladly paid money for this game.

Couldn't believe they were giving this away, but of course its with some ads. I have no problem with that as long its not taking up the whole screen.

I remember I was addicted to crush the castle for about 2 hours. I tried the lite version of angry birds, beat it but didn't feel the need to purchase. I have an ipod touch.

make it another but for the Samsung Vibrant. I love Angry Birds. One of the best time wasters on any platform. This,Fruit ninja, and Flick Field Goal have me hooked right now.

bread's done
Back