Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

My gate is open. I still have extra lamps, clocks, dressers, a tv, and some other things I can't remember. Just come and get them if you need it.

Kinda sad that we only figured out you can do the turkey hunt over wifi 25 minutes before it was due to end. Made things a whole lot easier!

[quote name='Filler2001']How much furniture did you get?!?!?[/QUOTE]

A ton. lol I did this crap for hours. I actually stopped before it was over because I was tired of it.

Lilboo, I can haz extra Harvest rug. Do you still want can haz?

Edit: Ooooh I needs a clock!

Edit: Crap AND a mirror!

I haz extra bed/sofa/lamp.

OP (finally) updated w/ everything I got pmd which (including mine) made 13 or 14 new codes in the OP. Im also gonna add everyone there to my buddy list tomorrow, so add me if you get a chance:

FC: 2063-2786-9627
Name: Alex
Town: Mordor
Fruit: Cherries

i have lots of extra harvest everything except the rug, I am still looking for fruit if you wanna trade.

FC: 2320-9781-9006
Name: J
Town: WeeDLiN
Fruit: Peaches

Have to trade, bells and harvest items

I have to trade/give away:

2 harvest walls
3 harvest tables
2 harvest tv's
2 harvest sofas
2 harvest mirrors
2 harvest clocks
and 2 harvest bed's

[quote name='Strell']Lilboo, I can haz extra Harvest rug. Do you still want can haz?

Edit: Ooooh I needs a clock!

Edit: Crap AND a mirror!

I haz extra bed/sofa/lamp.[/quote]

Pretty sure i dropped a mirror in janets town. Mixed in with her stuff she laid out.

So quick question for all the City Folk die hards here... I am really torn about getting in on the BF deal at Amazon to get this for $39.95. I have AC on both the Gamecube and DS. The Gamecube version always felt a bit "cumbersome" to me and I found myself not taking the time to really get into the game deeply. The DS version, on the other hand, entirely sucked me in and hasn't let go.

That said, I love the idea of the game and was really gung ho about getting CF but it's been nagging at me since the Amazon deal list came out that the reason I play the DS game so much is because it's portable... and at the same time it sounds like CF really has very, very little new for people who have already played the past games..

So I figured I'd ask here-- especially now that the game has been out for a little while and people are settling in-- for someone like me, who has played Wild World to death and is concerned they may not have the time to get properly into the console version, is there enough new here to warrant buying it AT ALL? (I know the Amazon deal is amazing but it really seems like there's not enough new here to warrant a purchase...)

Thanks...

[quote name='Justin42']So quick question for all the City Folk die hards here... I am really torn about getting in on the BF deal at Amazon to get this for $39.95. I have AC on both the Gamecube and DS. The Gamecube version always felt a bit "cumbersome" to me and I found myself not taking the time to really get into the game deeply. The DS version, on the other hand, entirely sucked me in and hasn't let go.

That said, I love the idea of the game and was really gung ho about getting CF but it's been nagging at me since the Amazon deal list came out that the reason I play the DS game so much is because it's portable... and at the same time it sounds like CF really has very, very little new for people who have already played the past games..

So I figured I'd ask here-- especially now that the game has been out for a little while and people are settling in-- for someone like me, who has played Wild World to death and is concerned they may not have the time to get properly into the console version, is there enough new here to warrant buying it AT ALL? (I know the Amazon deal is amazing but it really seems like there's not enough new here to warrant a purchase...)

Thanks...[/quote]

The thing I like least about CF is that I have to play it on my TV. My Wii is in the den, and everytime i'm on an AC marathon, i always feel guilty that i'm hogging the room and my wife has to go do something else.

Updated OP, fixed errors and added mastagoalie. Also, within the next while Im going to add everyone in the OP to my buddy list, so be sure to add me ;)

Edit: added so far- Beccaree, mastagoalie, Strell, Dallow, Lilboo, and 2 others that dont come to mind

Luckily I got all the Harvest items without spending too much time on it.
However my lady friend is still missing the wallpaper.

I have extras of some stuff. Probably most everything if anyone needs something.

if anyone needs any harvest items i have these extra to give out:

3 Harvest Wall
3 Harvest Rug
1 Harvest Chair
3 Harvest Sofa
6 Harvest Bureau
5 Harvest Dresser
2 Harvest Table
1 Harvest TV
6 Harvest Clock
2 Harvest Lamp

[quote name='suko_32']I broke away from my AC addiction! So far 3 days of no AC![/quote]
Why did you buy it then? I really shouldn't have bought it either but 1) AC and other Nintendo titles retain their value and 2) I bought it and I don't have a job, so I'm getting my money's worth dammit.

Because I love to play AC games up to a year and a half. I'm back home for Thanksgiving and usually I don't feel like playing games at home anymore for some reason.

To break away from Animal Crossing:

1. Buy a ton of turnips with all your money.

2. Time travel forward a day like to monday on sunday.

3. Travel back to Sunday.

4. Check your turnips. If they are spoiled then you are successful, if not then wtf?

There you go. *thumbsup* That happened to me and was very annoyed with the game afterwards.

[quote name='Filler2001']I think Im gonna open my gates soon.......if anyone wants to play pm me.[/quote]

Could I come to your town? I shall bring oranges!

On Thanksgiving I got two presents from balloons less than 5 minutes apart. One was a question block, the other a 1up shroom! :bouncy:

I'm about to open my town up. I have a ton of cherries (i.e. more than I know what to do with), and should have some of every other fruit (including coconuts). All I ask is that you bring some fruit other than cherry to replace any that you take. Additionally, Nook's has a slingshot.

As far as the harvest set goes, here's what I have and I'm willing to trade the extras for what I'm missing:

3x Harvest Chair
1x Harvest Lamp
1x Harvest Table
2x Harvest Dresser
1x Harvest Bed
2x Harvest Wall
1x Harvest Floor
1x Harvest Bureau

Oh, and turnip prices are 124. Not great, but good enough if you need to dump before the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blulobstah added you to my buddy list, as well as everyone on the op. Thats right, all of you (see my sig if you havent added me)....gates are open too, allthough theres not much to do

You can come to mine, my gates are open, and Ive added you (the new town), so feel free to come in anytime. I have cherries but there isnt much to do in my town....but feel free to show up anyways

sorry everyone i made a typo on my FC. filler will probably update it soon i hope. If anyone can help me get an axe that would be sweet. pm me if your playing tonight and want a vistor. i got plenty of oranges and a few peaches or apples to trade

[quote name='Beccaree']On Thanksgiving I got two presents from balloons less than 5 minutes apart. One was a question block, the other a 1up shroom! :bouncy:

[/QUOTE]

Ah, man, I saw no less that FOUR presents floating by yesterday but of course can't get them because Nook never sells a slingshot - and I'm on Nook's second upgrade as well. When does he sell it? Am I just being unlucky? There was finally an axe, but otherwise it is just timers, shovels, fishing poles, and nets...

Strell - if you are around and added my son's code (I sent to you via a PM) he would love for you to visit. His gates are open right this very minute. He'd probably like more to go to your town as he's never been out with his character.

Ugh,I learned from my GF (who lives in my town) that Tipper wants to talk about outfits, but when I ask her about it she does not accept any variation of the phrase. What gives?

Ah, today was great. On wifi, I played with FallMoon, Nesfan, Oemor, mastagoalie, Lilboo, Wa-Keem, Someone name John, Beccaree, and I think thats it. It was a huge blast. Thanks to everyones fruit contributions Im making a foreign fruit orchard for my and all of your uses. I hope we can have these awesome times for many months to come!

[quote name='Filler2001']Ah, today was great. On wifi, I played with FallMoon, Nesfan, Oemor, mastagoalie, Lilboo, Wa-Keem, Someone name John, Beccaree, and I think thats it. It was a huge blast. Thanks to everyones fruit contributions Im making a foreign fruit orchard for my and all of your uses. I hope we can have these awesome times for many months to come![/QUOTE]

John=me

PS Stop getting between me and the fish :)

[quote name='io']Ah, man, I saw no less that FOUR presents floating by yesterday but of course can't get them because Nook never sells a slingshot - and I'm on Nook's second upgrade as well. When does he sell it? Am I just being unlucky? There was finally an axe, but otherwise it is just timers, shovels, fishing poles, and nets...

Strell - if you are around and added my son's code (I sent to you via a PM) he would love for you to visit. His gates are open right this very minute. He'd probably like more to go to your town as he's never been out with his character.[/QUOTE]

Io, I have an extra slingshot that I can grab for you that is all yours, I can mail it to you or just wait until one of us visits each other.

Today was a good day.
Paid a bunch of my second mortgage, almost done!
I got a coconut!
I got a Super Mushroom from the Mario Series!
I got a Silver Shovel :cool:
And I found out that Becky from Yeehaw is totally Lez for a character named Agent S in her town!

:applause:

[quote name='io']Ah, man, I saw no less that FOUR presents floating by yesterday but of course can't get them because Nook never sells a slingshot - and I'm on Nook's second upgrade as well. When does he sell it? Am I just being unlucky? There was finally an axe, but otherwise it is just timers, shovels, fishing poles, and nets...

Strell - if you are around and added my son's code (I sent to you via a PM) he would love for you to visit. His gates are open right this very minute. He'd probably like more to go to your town as he's never been out with his character.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the slingshot until the day after I got nook n' go. I got the axe first.

[quote name='Filler2001']Ah, today was great. On wifi, I played with FallMoon, Nesfan, Oemor, mastagoalie, Lilboo, Wa-Keem, Someone name John, Beccaree, and I think thats it. It was a huge blast. Thanks to everyones fruit contributions Im making a foreign fruit orchard for my and all of your uses. I hope we can have these awesome times for many months to come![/QUOTE]

That was fun. I played for 4 or 5 hours tonight. :)

[quote name='lilboo']Today was a good day.
Paid a bunch of my second mortgage, almost done!
I got a coconut!
I got a Super Mushroom from the Mario Series!
I got a Silver Shovel :cool:
And I found out that Becky from Yeehaw is totally Lez for a character named Agent S in her town!

:applause:[/QUOTE]

OMG! I told you that was a secret. :whistle2:#

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Io, I have an extra slingshot that I can grab for you that is all yours, I can mail it to you or just wait until one of us visits each other.[/QUOTE]

Awesome - yeah, mail it if you can.

[quote name='lilboo']
[/QUOTE]

Oh - Agent S is by far the best Animal character.

[quote name='Beccaree']I didn't get the slingshot until the day after I got nook n' go. I got the axe first.[/QUOTE]

Is Nook N Go the first upgrade? I've had that for several days and have the second upgrade now - no slingshot but hopefully I'll get one soon there from Blue ;).

I know!! I'm really jealous! I think I'm gonna complain about every character in my town to make them move just so I can eventually get her in!!

People playin?

I've had friends in town for the holiday and we just got through with an epic series of Brawls. But I'm free now.

RUU_0048.jpg

My BF sneaking over my house and being creepy as I sleep.

RUU_0051.jpg

Now I return the favor. :cool:

RUU_0054.jpg

Now I'm like a serial-creep.

RUU_0052.jpg

:rofl:

[quote name='io']Awesome - yeah, mail it if you can.

Oh - Agent S is by far the best Animal character.

Is Nook N Go the first upgrade? I've had that for several days and have the second upgrade now - no slingshot but hopefully I'll get one soon there from Blue ;).[/QUOTE]

Nook n go is the one that stays open until 1 am.

i was gonna by the bundle on amazon but it shows up full price and then when i put it in my basket to checkout it shows the discount but only if i get an amazon credit card? anyone sucessful in picking it up

Hey folks, just picked this game up and looking to get some connections going.

FC: 2406-8794-9844
Name: Shroom
Town: Wiiville
Fruit: Apples

After spending a good 5 hours I have all of the Harvest set with a few extras;

1 x Bed
2 x Table
2 x Dresser
1 x Sofa

If anyone's still needing to round out that set lemme know. I'm trying to complete the mushroom set and I'm guessing I only have a little time left.

[quote name='SnorE']i was gonna by the bundle on amazon but it shows up full price and then when i put it in my basket to checkout it shows the discount but only if i get an amazon credit card? anyone sucessful in picking it up[/quote]
Yeah I was able to get on it.

It's just how Amazon works, they set an unlisted amount of something for a sale price, and when they hit that number they revert it back.

It was up for an hour or two after 3:00 AM EST on Friday (when the sales on Amazon started)

well... ive had a few beers and i have a confession to make guys...

i think i might trade my game to goozex. its not that i dont love animal crossing, because i do, i bet ive put in more hours into WW than most people. i just dont think i can dedicate the time necessary to this game on the console. i want to, i really do. but we have guests, my gf doesnt like to watch (she played ww with me on her ds, but doesnt want to do this) and im already about 3 days behind on CF. what do i do CAG?!

bread's done
Back