Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

220 is a good price for turnips.. but I guess you won't be able to open your gates for that price. =[ I hope someone hits 500 again. =D My Nook is closed today. =[
[quote name='nbballard']Regarding the lost keys- are those always in the river? I had to find Rolf's last night, and it was a pain.

Anyone have a Jagged Shirt in their inventory? Someone keeps nagging me about one.[/QUOTE]
I think I have a jagged shirt. I wont be on till later (afternoon PST), but yeah... I'll try to mail you it, unless you want me to visit.

Quit making snow men, people. They scare me. :[ They are going to take over your towns and slaughter all the residents.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Edit: Piss off, Nook. You can give me a better price than that.

Now nook is selling for 43! At this point im willing to sell for anything above 93, the price i bought em at.

My first snowman looks smaller than what i remember it. So maybe they melt away?

Oh and tiffany is still thinking over if she should move. She asked me again today and i told her to move. So maybe it takes a week of deciding, then she will move?

When I woke up he was selling for 73. :wall:

Hopefully he's over 100 when I go home. :whistle2:s
Then again, there's still tomorrow morning and tomorrow night..

Between ALL of us..THERE'S STILL HOPE. I SWEAR!

[quote name='KingBroly']
Also, is there any way to stop a neighbor from moving out of town in this one like in WW?[/QUOTE]

I remember in WW that you'd go into someone's house and they'd have everything in boxes, and you'd have to talk to them for a good ten minutes telling them to stay before they'd change their mind. You'd have to go through all these conversations, usually repeating, until one real specific option came up, and when you said to stay to THAT particular one, the neighbor would get a ! over their head and finally say something to the tune of, "Oh gee you really do want me to stay, huh?"

As for this game, the only time I've seen someone think about moving is precursored by them alerting me. You know when you run around and occasionally a neighbor gets a ! above their head and makes a little sound, and then they run up to you and wait until you acknowledge them? They've done this to me a few times now when they are thinking about moving. But I tell them not to and they change their minds instantly.

So - so far - whenever one of them thinks about it, they definitely tell me, and it only seems to take one "don't go" response to get them to stay. Which I personally prefer since in WW if you screwed it up once, they'd be outta there. I have yet to go into someone's house and see them boxed up.

In the GC version, could you even stop people from moving? Or was it completely out of the blue? I remember just getting letters declaring they were gone, no rhyme or reason or warning.

This reminds me: I really like how they fixed the problem where a neighbor wanted to talk to you, but you'd walk into Nook's and screw up the meeting. Now they sit outside Nook's and wait for you to come out! That is a tiny thing but it's brilliant that they included it.

Can you get the villagers portraits again like in WildWorld? :whistle2:s

Do they also set times to come over your house and chill with you?

[quote name='lilboo']
Do they also set times to come over your house and chill with you?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had one come to my place, but I did go to their's once after we'd set a time.

I think we fumbled around and he kept saying IF YOU FIND ANY SNACKS DON'T EAT THEM.

Actually, I sincerely think the game totally forgot all about it. I walked into the house and I don't remember them really giving two craps I was there.

I had a villager want to come over to my house. But they didnt show. I dunno if you have to be inside, or out front of the house when the time comes for them to come over.

well my nook is buying turnips at 143 .. if nothing comes up better tonight. I'll be cashing in and, will leave the gates open so others don't get totally burned on turnips. Lets just hope something better comes up!

Nbbaballard - one of my neighbors said that if I plant a tree in your town, I'll have an easier time getting fossils.

I might have to do that.

I left my lunch at home today and i'm tempted to go home and lunch and check my turnip prices... not really worth the drive though, not to mention I'd just be ticked off about it.

Shinryuu- I think you're on my friend list, but we haven't been to each others towns. Can we still mail stuff? i thought it required some interaction first.

[quote name='lilboo']Can you get the villagers portraits again like in WildWorld? :whistle2:s

Do they also set times to come over your house and chill with you?[/quote]

The animals usually ask you if they can come check your place out and you pick the time also I'm not sure on portraits, but I think there's none on gamefaqs and a animal crossing fansite forum people been saying there is none.. :cry:

Yea- the "plant a tree" thing was my charm for December, didn't know what it would do though. I've got to attend an office Xmas party, so i won't be home, but i'll open my gates before i leave. I probably won't be on until about 6.

Feel free to plant a tree but do it AWAY FROM NOOKS! Preferably, cut down a preexisting one, and replace it, but i don't really care. There might still be a stump or 2 hanging around you can take care of too.

[quote name='Strell']I haven't had one come to my place, but I did go to their's once after we'd set a time.

I think we fumbled around and he kept saying IF YOU FIND ANY SNACKS DON'T EAT THEM.

Actually, I sincerely think the game totally forgot all about it. I walked into the house and I don't remember them really giving two craps I was there.[/quote]

I visited a neighbor's house during the agreed upon time. They'll welcome you when you walk in. After you talk to them a few times, they'll let you buy a piece of furniture in their house similar to flea market day. They won't offer to sell everything though. I tried to buy a gyroid, but Dotty said it was her lucky piece of furniture at the moment (or some other excuse), so she wouldn't sell it to me. After I bought one piece of furniture, it wouldn't let me ask about buying anything else.

I keep missing the times when animals want to come over to my house, so I don't know how that works in this game compared to WW.

I played hide and seek, and won. Got some kind of wallpaper.
Found a scallop to give that otter. He gave me a Keg. Took a while though, had to pick up all the other shells and sell them, finally a scallop showed up.
Someone wanted me to catch them a tuna, so i said no. LOL
Another person wanted a barbel steed so i said yes and caught that one pretty fast.
I wonder if you say you will catch something like a tuna, if they will be more popular to catch. Then you could catch a bunch and sell most and give one to the person who wanted one. Just an idea. I only caught 2 or 3 in my AC lifetime.

[quote name='nbballard']I left my lunch at home today and i'm tempted to go home and lunch and check my turnip prices... not really worth the drive though, not to mention I'd just be ticked off about it.

Shinryuu- I think you're on my friend list, but we haven't been to each others towns. Can we still mail stuff? i thought it required some interaction first.[/QUOTE]
I think you're right, but I'll check if I have the shirt first. =p

For those of you who want to bail out now with turnip prices, my town is currently at 176. Since I will be afk, you can visit and dump your turnips under these conditions:

• Don't trample flowers.
  • Don't cut down trees.
  • Don't remove patterns I have lying on the ground (mario face). Yes, they are there for a reason.

Take as many cherries as you need though, and don't take anything else unless you really need it. Thanks!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']For those of you who want to bail out now with turnip prices, my town is currently at 176. Since I will be afk, you can visit and dump your turnips under these conditions:

• Don't trample flowers.
  • Don't cut down trees.
  • Don't remove patterns I have lying on the ground (mario face). Yes, they are there for a reason.

Take as many cherries as you need though, and don't take anything else unless you really need it. Thanks![/quote]

Thanks i stopped in and sold all my turnips. Made 166,000 bell profit. Paid off some of my house, and saved 200,000 to buy more turnips sunday.

[quote name='oemor']the animal pictures you usually get from the villagers in WW are gone from the game boooo[/QUOTE]

Wait, what, no portraits? That was an awesome addition to the DS game. Why would they remove that? Well, damn, there goes all the incentive to keep sending presents to some of the better animals in my town. I've been buttering them up with the hopes of getting their portraits. Bah...

I checked my before noon prices and they were seventy-something. I may just take up Blue's offer and dump mine there in a bit. I guess I need to check my afternoon price first though.

Oh, and I was able to make a perfect snowman today. Yeah, the head is just a little smaller than the body - seems different than in the GC game at any rate. I'd say make it about 2/3 to 3/4 the size (in diameter).

I'm away, but my gates open for those wanting to plant a tree- just don't steal my pile of shirts in front of Able sisters- it's not a sidewalk sale.

I'm 2 for 2 in snowman building :bouncy: The present for today's isn't in yet but I received the Snowman wallpaper for yesterday's.

Turnip prices were 193 this morning and 133 now. I'm still holding out. I feel like Saturday is the day. Anyone else with me on this? :lol:

Me! I figure I'll wait till Saturday night to see what we all have..and just sell at the highest. Hopefully the highest is at least over 100 so I can make some profit

I'm 0 for 2 on the Snowman...I keep making the top the same size at the bottom. Today for the first time ever I got nine stars. I have played all Animal Crossing games and have never gotten that many in one day.

[quote name='Daisydog']I'm 2 for 2 in snowman building :bouncy: The present for today's isn't in yet but I received the Snowman wallpaper for yesterday's.

Turnip prices were 193 this morning and 133 now. I'm still holding out. I feel like Saturday is the day. Anyone else with me on this? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I dunno - I would have jumped on that 193 if I were you. I'm going to check mine right now - will report back if they are any good...

[quote name='Daisydog']I'm 2 for 2 in snowman building :bouncy: The present for today's isn't in yet but I received the Snowman wallpaper for yesterday's.

Turnip prices were 193 this morning and 133 now. I'm still holding out. I feel like Saturday is the day. Anyone else with me on this? :lol:[/QUOTE]

i'm 1 for 2 on snowmen. and i'm tempted to make him all wrong tomorrow just for fun.

as for the turnips. your crazy. i gave in with 163. and i had to leave town for that. my town hasn't been higher then 123 all week. but tell us what you find tomorrow, i'm rooting for ya.

oh, and a friend gave me one of his old keyboards. so i can finally keep up with the conversation.

[quote name='io']Wait, what, no portraits? That was an awesome addition to the DS game. Why would they remove that? Well, damn, there goes all the incentive to keep sending presents to some of the better animals in my town. I've been buttering them up with the hopes of getting their portraits. Bah...

I checked my before noon prices and they were seventy-something. I may just take up Blue's offer and dump mine there in a bit. I guess I need to check my afternoon price first though.

Oh, and I was able to make a perfect snowman today. Yeah, the head is just a little smaller than the body - seems different than in the GC game at any rate. I'd say make it about 2/3 to 3/4 the size (in diameter).[/QUOTE]

I made another snowman today. The head is smaller like that. I thought I had made it too small but it turned out ok. I got the snowman sofa. My other snowman is tiny now. I guess he's melting. :cry:

I'm waiting until Saturday. I like to gamble. lol Can the price get any lower than the 30's? :bomb:

[quote name='lilboo']PLEASE LET THEM BE GOOD Io! I DON'T WANT TO BE POOR ANYMORE :cry:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

55 - that has got to be a record low!

Needless to say I went and cashed out at Blue's town. Though I did save 5 more bundles in case anyone hits the jackpot tomorrow. Last week I cashed them all out at 200 and then we had those 300 and 500 prices. In any case, I was able to pay off my house so I can get a second floor. So I ought to have that tomorrow. I needs it for all my junk and stuff.

How long does it take to get the snowman prize? I played about 6 hours after my last session where I made the snowman and I had nothing this evening...

I hate to say this but I let everyone down this week. I had turnips selling for 462 the other day but I was too busy to invite anyone in. I'm just lucky I had enough time to check and sell my own.

[quote name='kellehair']I hate to say this but I let everyone down this week. I had turnips selling for 462 the other day but I was too busy to invite anyone in. I'm just lucky I had enough time to check and sell my own.[/quote]

[quote name='kellehair']I hate to say this but I let everyone down this week. I had turnips selling for 462 the other day but I was too busy to invite anyone in. I'm just lucky I had enough time to check and sell my own.[/quote]

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='kellehair']I hate to say this but I let everyone down this week. I had turnips selling for 462 the other day but I was too busy to invite anyone in. I'm just lucky I had enough time to check and sell my own.[/QUOTE]

1335.gif

:fridge:

bread's done
Back