Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Daisydog']Nathan, I got the Seismo Tail recently. I'll bring it over tonight, or if you're not online, mail it to you.[/quote]

Sweet! I need to update my list of extras... I got 6 more since then, and some of the ones on my list are gone.

Here's my updated fossils list, doesn't look like I can help anyone who's posted their lists so far. :whistle2:(

WANT:

Fern Fossil
Trilobite
Pachy Tail
Seismo Chest
Plesio Skull
Styraco Tail
Styraco Torso

EXTRAS:

Ammonite x3
Dinosaur Egg
Dimetrodon Tail
Parasaur Torso
Parasaur Skull x3
Plesio Torso x2
Ptera Left Wing
Icthyo Torso

here's my fossil list hopefully i got some for you guys, these things are taking too much space my my drawers

extras
1 Coprolite saving for blue
1 Dinosaur Egg
1 Fern Fossil saving for miranda
2 Archaeopteryx 1 saving for blue
2 Peking Man
2 Tricera Tail
2 Mammoth Torso
1 Ankylo Skull
2 Apato Torso
2 Apato Tail
1 Dimetrodon Skull saving for daisydog
1 Dimetrodon Torso
2 Dimetrodon Tail
1 Iguanodon Skull
2 Iguanodon Tail
1 Pachy Tail saving for miranda
1 Parasaur Skull
1 Seismo Skull
1 Seismo Hip
2 Stego Skull
2 Ptera Right Wing
1 Styraco Skull

need
T-Rex Skull
Tricera Torso
Seismo Chest
Seismo Tail
Stego Torso
Icthyo Skull

Last edited by a moderator:
After a trip to Daisydog's town, I now have all of the fruit (assuming the coconuts actually grow this time around), and snazzy Mr. Saturn, Crystal Man, and Mario patterns. \\:D/

I still need to raise money to make my house grow (I've only paid off Nook once so far), and donate to the town fund to get cool stuff like that fountain and lighthouse, not to mention a museum to fill up and an academy to please. I've got a lot of work to do yet.

Miranda and oemor - I'm the Paul you two ran into in Daisydog's town. Nice to meet you two. :)

Oh, yeah.
My sweetie got me City Folk for my birthday on December 9th, and I've been suffering ever since, because I don't have a Wii to play it on. I got the Wii for Christmas, and we finally got it set up a few days ago. I'm so happy - it's my first current generation platform (no PS3 or Xbox/360, yet) so I feel really advanced with those motion controls and that wonderful blue light that comes on when you insert a disc.

I actually restarted my town since the first one had a horrid layout, and I didn't want to suffer with it for months on end. Third time's a charm, and now I live on the beach, near a ramp filled with trees. Can't wait to get an axe. I'm not online yet (we're both cowards, and claim to be antisocial, but I suspect we would both enjoy online play too much) but it will happen eventually. I see all of you having so much fun visiting everyone else's towns, and it looks great - it would certainly help with collecting fossils and getting a variety of fruit.

I love the lights on the trees. Was not expecting that at all. I was hoping that we would be able to set up 2 different towns, but the instructions say that there can only be one town per Wii! He's been busying himself playing Elebits, but I know he wants his own town....

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Miranda and oemor - I'm the Paul you two ran into in Daisydog's town. Nice to meet you two. :)[/quote]

I figured that out when she said you were the walrus.:lol:

I might open up my gate sometime later tonight.

Hey! My daughter deleted my town........grrrrr...........so now I have a new one. Anyone that wants to re-add me, here is my info. I'm i the process of re-adding everyone. Thanks guys!!

4940-9750-0675

Angela

Kingston

:bouncy:

OK, I THINK I have everyone I had before added. I'm gonna have my gates open so feel free to visit! I am one bored girl over here. :)

[quote name='angela1435']Hey! My daughter deleted my town........grrrrr...........so now I have a new one. Anyone that wants to re-add me, here is my info. I'm i the process of re-adding everyone. Thanks guys!!

4940-9750-0675

Angela

Kingston

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

what what what what what!!!!!

that's really too bad, i'll re add you

I have a question about sharing friend codes and sharing the game with your kids. I would like to open the flood gates for myself, while not opening the flood gates for my kids, but given that things like letters sent get repeated by residents, if I share my friend code with others and some bozo sends a letter with language and such I'd rather my kids not read, would they then see it via this mechanic of the game even though it came as part of sharing *my* friend code and not theirs?

Perhaps this doesn't even make sense - I'm not an expert on this game. I just know that in the game the residents talk about how they like to read letters that others have sent them and that when you share friend codes, you can send letters to other peoples towns.

Crazy night! Wendell is in town, I just got my gold sling shot, I dug up 5 (five!!!) new gyroids, and 3 fossils, and it's snowing. Time to see if i can turn this luck into some rare fish!

Gates are open!

I've updated the fossil list in my sig, take a look!

[quote name='crunchewy']I have a question about sharing friend codes and sharing the game with your kids. I would like to open the flood gates for myself, while not opening the flood gates for my kids, but given that things like letters sent get repeated by residents, if I share my friend code with others and some bozo sends a letter with language and such I'd rather my kids not read, would they then see it via this mechanic of the game even though it came as part of sharing *my* friend code and not theirs?

Perhaps this doesn't even make sense - I'm not an expert on this game. I just know that in the game the residents talk about how they like to read letters that others have sent them and that when you share friend codes, you can send letters to other peoples towns.[/QUOTE]

It is possible I suppose, but I have yet to see that happen. My kids haven't seen a letter from anyone here. Besides, it is unlikely you'll get stuff like that from CAGs. I don't think they share letters that often anyway.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that each person needs their own friend code. My kids wanted to play online but no one is going to want to reg each of us separetely. Well, and I'm also annoyed that there's no coop/splitscreen, which I think is a crime not to have included.

I just ran into nbballard's town. The chef hat (and now the entire chef outfit) is mine, and I finally figured out I'd been planting coconuts in the wrong place. Didn't take any fossils or anything else, though - just the coconuts. Short stint of the game over; time to hit the sack. :D

You get the gold and silver tools from Tom Nook, right? I haven't found any of them yet.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have a question about sharing friend codes and sharing the game with your kids. I would like to open the flood gates for myself, while not opening the flood gates for my kids, but given that things like letters sent get repeated by residents, if I share my friend code with others and some bozo sends a letter with language and such I'd rather my kids not read, would they then see it via this mechanic of the game even though it came as part of sharing *my* friend code and not theirs?

Perhaps this doesn't even make sense - I'm not an expert on this game. I just know that in the game the residents talk about how they like to read letters that others have sent them and that when you share friend codes, you can send letters to other peoples towns.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it. Admittedly, I've only been playing for a week or so, but I haven't had a letter shared with me yet. When they did share letters in the GameCube version, there would usually be one letter a character would show over and over.

Possible, yes, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you'd like, you could make that a condition of adding people to your friends list - I can't imagine anyone here would disagree.

I stopped by your town too Nathan, but I didn't have any extra fossils that you needed. Most of my fossils got raided when I left my town open last week for turnips.

Half my town is finally "perfect", now just to do the other half...

Just started this game. So how does the friends thing work? Do i need to post my code and add everyone that adds me in order to visit towns? or Does it send a request to whoever I add?

I will be posting my info within the next few days.

I'll probably have some kind of event tomorrow night. Hacked items galore for those who didn't get in on my first mini-giveaway. This one will be much bigger with much more items to go around. Since I know people have parties and whatnot to attend, it will probably be far away from 12AM EST. Right now I'm thinking:
Many sets of golden and some silver tools
Many invisible chairs, pikmins, blue falcons, and red pikmin hats
And whatever you people request...

NOTE: I'm not getting rid of ACCF just yet, and chances are I'll never follow through with getting rid of it because I have terrible follow through on tasks. Just ask Strell. I've been working on beating EarthBound since around November of LAST year. On the plus side, I AM working on it...

^^^ Definitely want the blue falcon and red pikmin hats... I'll hold off on the tools and try to get them the hard way ;). Is tomorrow (I mean today) New Years already? Crap... Well, I have no plans except to play Little Big Planet but I'll make sure to get on AC for the first time in a few days.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I stopped by your town too Nathan, but I didn't have any extra fossils that you needed. Most of my fossils got raided when I left my town open last week for turnips.

Half my town is finally "perfect", now just to do the other half...[/quote]

No problem on the fossils- anything to help.

I wonder how fast you could finish a whole town with 4 people helping.. but i just remembered that the people connected over wifi have that annoying delay when using tools, etc.

[quote name='nbballard']I wonder how fast you could finish a whole town with 4 people helping.. but i just remembered that the people connected over wifi have that annoying delay when using tools, etc.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm being more exact about it though. Putting between 12-13 trees for each 16x16 acre so I'm mapping them out with patterns. I don't think any visitors can lay down patterns anyway so its a moot point. Would probably be doable though if you didn't care where your trees were planted and you split the town up into sections.

Rasher told me he was thinking of leaving, so i said he should move. one time i told him this. A few days later, he is all packed up ready to leave. Wow. It took forever for my other villager to leave, but he seems quick about it.

RUU_0037.jpg

Did someone say Hump Day? :D

RUU_0036.jpg

Let the countdown begin! I got my popper thingymajig.

RUU_0035.jpg

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Just started this game. So how does the friends thing work? Do i need to post my code and add everyone that adds me in order to visit towns? or Does it send a request to whoever I add?

I will be posting my info within the next few days.[/QUOTE]

welcome. if you'd like your name added to the front page list, just pm Filler2001 and he'll add you. but most importantly, just pm cags. give them your numbers, and tell them that you've added them.

the game won't give any kind of request. so, the pm is the only way to make it happen.

[quote name='Daisydog']Does anyone have a turnip price above 93?[/QUOTE]

mine was 125 i think. nothing too big.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
Let the countdown begin! I got my popper thingymajig.
[/QUOTE]

i was just messing around and i blew my load early. i had a huge smile before i realized that i could only do it once. i went back to the mayor, but he didn't have any more poppers to give out. oh well.

Hey I just got my freaking USB WiFi Connector working again (after over an hour on the phone with Nintendo support... ugh).... so to celebrate I've opened my gates. Stop by!

[quote name='buttle']i was just messing around and i blew my load early. i had a huge smile before i realized that i could only do it once. i went back to the mayor, but he didn't have any more poppers to give out. oh well.[/quote]

You can get more. Just keep talking to him. I have 5 right now. I stocked up on them in WW just to have for special occasions. I'm gonna do the same for this game.

EDIT: WOOHOO! Just got a real painting from Redd. 3 for 5 so far. :)

Here's an update on my fossils:

WANT:

Trilobite
Seismo Chest
Plesio Skull
Styraco Tail
Styraco Torso

EXTRAS:

Ammonite x3
Dinosaur Egg
T. Rex Torso
Dimetrodon Tail
Parasaur Torso
Parasaur Skull x4
Plesio Torso x2
Stego Skull
Ptera Left Wing
Icthyo Torso

[quote name='buttle']
i was just messing around and i blew my load early. i had a huge smile before i realized that i could only do it once.[/quote]
:rofl:
[quote name='buttle']
i went back to the mayor, but he didn't have any more poppers to give out. oh well.[/quote]
I can hook you up with some if you so desire, but it seems you can get more on your own.

[quote name='Knoxximus']Turnips are 579...must be in high demand for New Year's. :/[/quote]
Are you going to open your gate? I need to get rid of my turnips by tomorrow.

Of course! I'm not one of those people who would just post and gloat.:lol:

Anyone who has taken the time to add me is more than welcome since I don't really have the time to do adds right now as I will be in and out and most definitely out later this afternoon/evening (since I live in Las Vegas and all).

I have a Nookway, so you have till, what, 9PM PST (I think?) to get in and get out.:lol:

As I said, I'll be in and out, but I'll leave teh gate open. If you speak upon entering and I don't reply, I'm not rude....just not there.:cool:

House rules:

1) No digging
2) No chopping
3) You can take all the pears you want.
3) Donations (bells or rare items) are appreciated, as I don't even have a 3rd floor yet. Even if it's just a pile of fruit other than pears, anything would be nice. I will stress that his is NOT PAY FOR PLAY....just saying if your'e feeling generous, I'm feeling just as equally appreciative. :cool:

But enough talk.....HAVE AT YOU!!

[quote name='Knoxximus']Of course! I'm not one of those people who would just post and gloat.
[/QUOTE]

This man is 4 gigs of LIES! LIES I SAY!

Alright - I'm convinced. :) Sent my info to Filler2001 for the OP, but here it is again. I haven't added anyone else yet (the boys are watching Wall-E at the moment) but will add all the friend codes in the OP later today. Please add us if you can before tonight! Would love to connect to somebody else's town tonight for New Years or vice versa! Incidentally, is there a limit on the number of friend codes you can add?

FC: 1247-3058-0049
Name: Daddy
Town: Maxwii
Fruit: Cherries

So are we gonna get the 2000-2008 shirts without TTing?
I don't know if anyone on here TT's so I was just curious.
Maybe we get a random year?? Just a thought.
I want a year of the Rat shirt. '84 w00t!!
Of course 2008 was year of the Rat...
Once I get my wireless up and running I'll try to be more involved in this thread. :)

[quote name='Strell']This man is 4 gigs of LIES! LIES I SAY![/quote]

LOL!! Happy New Years to you too, Strell! Thank you for making me feel welcome here.:cool:

[quote name='Knoxximus']As I said, I'll be in and out, but I'll leave teh gate open. If you speak upon entering and I don't reply, I'm not rude....just not there.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Your town still open? Looks like I missed out...

If you have added me and will be online tonight forNew Years, send me a PM - I entered 18 FCs, but there's a lot in the OP! Is anyone going to have their gate open for New Years Eastern time? If so, please add me and PM me. See my post above for my FC info. If close to midnight I don't see any gates open I'll open ours and see if anyone shows up. Our town is just started, though.

Turnips are 468 in my town right now.

Friend Code: 0646-0100-6931
Name: Danny
Town: Konoha
Fruit: Pears

PM if you added me, so I can add you, I'll be leaving my gates open til 10pm PST

Any extra money, items you don't want, etc. will be much appreciated

edit:gates closed now

Sorry guys, I dunno what happened! I left it on to go to the movies (Yes Man), came back and it was off. Mr. Resetti didn't greet me when I powered back up either, so I dunno WHAT happened. My gate is open again, and my Nookway will be open for another 2hrs and 45 minutes so come one, come all, and don't forget to tip good ol' Knoxximus for the hookemups!

I checked Nook's just in case something changed after the power outage or whatever. Nope.

TURNIPS STILL 579.

I especially wanna thank Janet and Becky...between the two of them, I was able to pay off my basement expansion today when I just got my second floor last Saturday. And also thanks to Romeo for the Blue Zap Shirt to go with my helmet!!

[quote name='Knoxximus']Sorry guys, I dunno what happened! I left it on to go to the movies (Yes Man), came back and it was off. Mr. Resetti didn't greet me when I powered back up either, so I dunno WHAT happened. My gate is open again, and my Nookway will be open for another 2hrs and 45 minutes so come one, come all, and don't forget to tip good ol' Knoxximus for the hookemups!

I checked Nook's just in case something changed after the power outage or whatever. Nope.

TURNIPS STILL 579.

I especially wanna thank Janet and Becky...between the two of them, I was able to pay off my basement expansion today when I just got my second floor last Saturday. And also thanks to Romeo for the Blue Zap Shirt to go with my helmet!![/QUOTE]

you're welcome. Thanks again for letting me in. :)Turnips are always low in my town.

I'll probably add everyone on the list from the OP tonight. So anyone who doesn't have me, please ADD ME.

I will be checking Turnip prices daily and will leave my gates open if they're good prices or upon request (if i'm on CAG at the time).
Will be visiting this thread often. I would also like to visit other CAG's Towns.

Edit: OK so I ran into a problem, it looks like you can only Register up to 32 friends, so the OP doesn't seem up to date with active players.
So this is what I did, I went through the last 20 pages of this thread and added what seems to be the most ACTIVE AC:CF Players on this thread.
If you are on this list, please ADD ME

Here's the List I came up with:
Alison
Angela
Beccaree
Blue Lobster
Buttle
Daisydog
Doomed
Dreamixer
Filler
georox
Gothic Walrus
io
jdm
kingBroly
Knoximus
levi333
Lilboo
Miranda
nbballard
oemor
scp89
Strell
the 7th number
yukine
Donations Very Welcome, Thanks Buttle

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I'll probably add everyone on the list from the OP tonight. So anyone who doesn't have me, please ADD ME.

I will be checking Turnip prices daily and will leave my gates open if they're good prices or upon request (if i'm on CAG at the time).
Will be visiting this thread often. I would also like to visit other CAG's Towns.

Edit: OK so I ran into a problem, it looks like you can only Register up to 32 friends, so the OP doesn't seem up to date with active players.
So this is what I did, I went through the last 20 pages of this thread and added what seems to be the most ACTIVE AC:CF Players on this thread.
If you are on this list, please ADD ME[/quote]

Go ahead and add me too... I just got my Nintendo WiFi up and running again yesterday, so I'll be online with AC:CF as well...

turnips are 120 this morning.. Also, my nooks will be closed tomorrow for the awful 9-9 upgrade. ugh.

Never fails, i take off work one day to spend at home playing games, and nooks closed (2 for 2).

I think as far as the friends list goes, when you both register each other you get a heart with an empty middle. When you guys connect to one of each others town, it turns solid. If there is no heart, then they didnt register you yet. So if there are people after a while who dont have a heart, delete them.

bread's done
Back