Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='buttle']we got our windmill today.
i'm not sure what to make of it. i can't walk on the ocean side of it, so it'll take away from my fishing somewhat.

it looks pretty good. but since i can't walk in front of it. i rarely get to enjoy the sight. i wish it were a little further away from the water.

and i've been throwing an axe in the fountain every day for about 2 weeks now. and i am beginning to get frustrated. where's my golden axe!!! i've even started to make an attempt with my wife's character as well. so i can try twice a day.

i've looked up what you're supposed to say. but it looks like luck is still a big big part of it.[/quote]

That's exactly why I haven't donated anything to get my lighthouse/windmill. I don't like the placement of it. If it was one square back, I'd go for it, but I'll just leave my town without a lighthouse or a windmill.

And Serena is EVIL!

[quote name='miktau']It looks like alison is away, if anyone is on her friends list, I'll add you and if you come to my town and sell them at her town Ill cut you in for a few hundred thousand bells, any takers?[/quote]

You caught me just in time - I'm heading out later than expected. I'll add you in a min...

Ah still had a nother load of turnips to sell, shouldnt have lollygaged in your town (which is awesome btw). Thanks anyways I still made a good profit.

There appears to be a sale at Gracie's. I'm not sure if it's just in my city or everyone's. 20% off. Some of the stuff they normally have on display is sold out. Too bad I already bought everything at full price, so I don't need any of the stuff anymore.

[quote name='levi333']Alison, if you're around please add me.

My info is
Name: Levi
Town: Termina
0087-6526-6341

thanks[/quote]

Just got back - I'll add you in just a min. I'm planning on watching a movie in a few, but I'll leave my gates open in the meantime.

I have yet to go into Gracie's because it is always closed when I'm playing. After the kids are in bed and by the time I think to go to the city it's after 9. I've got to remember to go there first thing one of these days....

Also I saw tonight that my 7 year old actually made 2 good snowmen. He showed me that he has the snowman floor too.

I set up a treasure hunt for them that they had fun with. I buried a bunch of Gyroids and then the extra lab bench that Romeo gave me. So the goal was to find the special item (they didn't know what it was). They each got to dig up 4 items each. Actually I messed up because I think I only buried 6 gyroids, but that was fine because my 7 year old went 2nd and got the lab bench, but thus only got 2 gyroids, which seemed fair to all, and everybody was happy.

[quote name='Daisydog']
Hey Joaquin, the cat gave me the Papa Bear. I already have it so I'll mail it to you. You should receive it in the year 2012 :lol: I'll start making snowmen again to get some more pieces. Did you have the carpet? I think you just need the sofa. And it takes a week for the fountain to be built.[/QUOTE]

A WEEK?! :nottalking: .... I thought I only had to wait 4 days for the fountain to be built, lol! I don't have the snowmen carpet or sofa.... I need em too! :rofl:

The Fishing Tournament is today. My contest is the Horse Mackerel contest. Is everyone's the same? Fished a while and have the current high score of an 18.4 Horse Mackerel.

Took my first visit to the City today. Got the Mii makeover. My Mii looks like the palest, ghosty thing ever.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The Fishing Tournament is today. My contest is the Horse Mackerel contest. Is everyone's the same? Fished a while and have the current high score of an 18.4 Horse Mackerel.

Took my first visit to the City today. Got the Mii makeover. My Mii looks like the palest, ghosty thing ever.[/quote]

I always thought that the fishing tournament was for the largest fish, period, and not necessary the largest particular type of fish. :whistle2:k

[quote name='alison']I always thought that the fishing tournament was for the largest fish, period, and not necessary the largest particular type of fish. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Me too. But he explained he was only accepting Horse Mackerel. When I offered other fish, he told me they wouldn't be accepted in the contest.

I gotta bad feeling I'm taking a loss on turnips this week. Nook was offering 40 bells last night. Wow.

In other news, Janet! I FINALLY GOT TEH ARCADE MACHINE!! THANKS!! My game room is so sweet now.

After this week, I think I'm gonna lay off turnips for a bit and just harvest the orchid a coupla times a week to whittle the mortgage down. I got my 3 floors, so I just I'll downshift a bit.

I sure am glad that this thread is still living after so long, second in the wii forum only to brawl, 3rd if you throw in PS3 (LBP is ahead), and I havent checked 360 yet. I dont really care about this game anymore honestly :( - Ive done everything and seen everything (not to mention playing like 200 hours out of it). Sadly, I cant see myself playing this game 6-12 months down the line like GTA, not even an hour at a time like GTA has been. I think I might trade it over CAG soon. Now that I mention it, I dont care for my wii anymore either. Granted there's hits like No More Heroes, but I only got like 10 hours out of it. I probably have 6-700 hours accumulated on Wii and 3000 on PS3. Id sell the Wii but its loud as shit, and reads discs 50% of the time. I aint sending this into Nintendo either. I payed 150 for it and they expect me to pay 90 to fix it. Not to mention I need 90 for the RE 5 CE and need to pay 150 to repair my triple.

Name: Belle
Town: Riva
1247-3470-2633
Fruit: Oranges

I'm starting to get settled in, but I'd like to visit someone so I can get fruit and a slingshot. Nook is a jerk, and is selling the exact same tools as he did yesterday, even though there's balloons with presents floating all around town taunting me.

Also, today's tourney in my town is for pond smelt.

CL - I added you days ago but you still don't show up as a heart in the friends list. Is it possible you posted the wrong friend code? Or maybe you haven't added our friend codes to your list? Check your list.

I'll add VioletArrows and the other recent additions layer today. Our tournament is for horse mackerel according to my son. He already got a prize. ??? I haven't had a chance to play yet today.

Ah, more new people. Well the last time I added new people many of them disappeared and didn't add me back. I'm going to replace them with newer people :bouncy:

[quote name='Knoxximus']
In other news, Janet! I FINALLY GOT TEH ARCADE MACHINE!! THANKS!! My game room is so sweet now.[/quote]
Hooray! :rofl:

I wonder if Jason ever got his. Is he still not back yet? :cry:

Filler - is there a way to pass ownership of a thread onto another person? At the least perhaps you could just delete all the friend codes in the OP because they are mostly just an aggravating waste ofvtime for anyone who foolishly enters them. Better to have a note saying to look for who isactively posting in the thread. Mind you, this is just my humble opinion. Others may disagree, but ok know that list just wasted my time with a nearly 0% return on the effort.

[quote name='crunchewy']CL - I added you days ago but you still don't show up as a heart in the friends list. Is it possible you posted the wrong friend code? Or maybe you haven't added our friend codes to your list? Check your list.

I'll add VioletArrows and the other recent additions layer today. Our tournament is for horse mackerel according to my son. He already got a prize. ??? I haven't had a chance to play yet today.[/quote]

Thanks for adding me. I got a prize from the tourney also, a storage box, even though I was a sucker and just freakin bought one for my house 20 minutes earlier. Stupid beaver.

So far, Chip gave me: dart board, vacuum cleaner, exotic chair, space heater, and I forget what the other prizes were.

I think the one thing I liked that I got from him in the last tourney was the stair dresser.

I'm done with today's tourney for now. I don't want to fish all day trying to get a bigger than 18.7 inch horse mackerel. If anyone gets anything more than half an inch bigger, please post because I want to know if my neighbors still have a chance at catching bigger ones.

[quote name='Daisydog']Ah, more new people. Well the last time I added new people many of them disappeared and didn't add me back. I'm going to replace them with newer people :bouncy:
[/quote]

I'm seriously thinking about deleting everyone and just starting my friends list over from scratch. Even though I have filled in hearts for almost everybody (just one person has a hollow heart), there are some people who I haven't seen online in a long time. Since I'm not sure who to delete and who to keep, it kind of makes me just want to start off with a mostly empty friends list again.

[quote name='crunchewy']Filler - is there a way to pass ownership of a thread onto another person? At the least perhaps you could just delete all the friend codes in the OP because they are mostly just an aggravating waste ofvtime for anyone who foolishly enters them. Better to have a note saying to look for who isactively posting in the thread. Mind you, this is just my humble opinion. Others may disagree, but ok know that list just wasted my time with a nearly 0% return on the effort.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA Thats the funniest thing I heard all day XD. Pass over ownership of this thread.There is no way in hell Id ever consent to that...I mean, it starts as my thread, and it will die that way. The only reason I havent updated the OP is that my laptop is busted and I need to get on another computer, not to mention my inbox is stuffed with more people I have to add. And to track peoples activity? Theres already 50 or so people on the list and 10-20 I need to add. I do not know if you realize it, but I cant spend all of my time on the computer working for this thread which has become insanely inactive from what it once was, not to mention it will take 2-3 hours every few days to maintain, which is not worth the effort at all. Thats the honest truth. Im sorry if Im putting it harsh but I mean 100% of what I said.

But Filler, that's why I thought it would make sense for someone else to take over. I don't expect you to maintain the thread if you aren't even interested in the game any more. In the other hand it doesn't make a lot of sense for you to be maintaining if if you aren't interested in the game any more!

Crunchewy, I have some extra snowman items if you want them. The chair, tv, carpet and table.
When do snowballs stop appearing? Seems like they've been around for a long time.
-
My tourney fish is the pond smelt. Its shadow is so painfully obvious in the river. I caught 15 of them in just 25 minutes of fishing :lol:

Its my thread. Theres almost no one on here who is interested in the game anymore who Id even trust. Hell, the only ones I confortably know that post here often are Daisy and Romeo, and even then, it's my thread that I will never give up. No one is willing to maintain a thread 2-3 hours every two days with so much receiving and sending out PMs if wed ever use your idea. You can say you can, but you won't (you refers to everyone, not just crunchewy). I will continue to maintain as I choose to (keep what we have and add upon it when I have the option to), and like I said, this thread dies with me OPing it and I mean that.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Name: Belle
Town: Riva
1247-3470-2633
Fruit: Oranges

I'm starting to get settled in, but I'd like to visit someone so I can get fruit and a slingshot. Nook is a jerk, and is selling the exact same tools as he did yesterday, even though there's balloons with presents floating all around town taunting me.

Also, today's tourney in my town is for pond smelt.[/QUOTE]

Added. Let me know when you add me.

Gomez
Alecia
0688-9002-4966

[quote name='crunchewy']CL - I added you days ago but you still don't show up as a heart in the friends list. Is it possible you posted the wrong friend code? Or maybe you haven't added our friend codes to your list? Check your list.

I'll add VioletArrows and the other recent additions layer today. Our tournament is for horse mackerel according to my son. He already got a prize. ??? I haven't had a chance to play yet today.[/quote]

You show as a open heart on mine... so does everyone else... You get a "prize" every time you break the record in the fishing contest. I am about 99.9% sure that I gave out the correct number. I will check again as soon as
Real Chance at Love
:wall: that my wife is watching is over...

[quote name='Filler2001']Its my thread. Theres almost no one on here who is interested in the game anymore who Id even trust. Hell, the only ones I confortably know that post here often are Daisy and Romeo, and even then, it's my thread that I will never give up. No one is willing to maintain a thread 2-3 hours every two days with so much receiving and sending out PMs if wed ever use your idea. You can say you can, but you won't (you refers to everyone, not just crunchewy). I will continue to maintain as I choose to (keep what we have and add upon it when I have the option to), and like I said, this thread dies with me OPing it and I mean that.[/quote]

Huh?

My last post today... would everyone please re-add me as :

Animal Crossing: 2836-4656-8163
Name: Willie
Town : KoCoz

I hope that capital z wasn't the holdup....

This will be my last post for the day....

Our fishing tourney is for horse mackerel as well. I slept in after a rough week of work...which gave my son the edge, because he woke up early and had already caught an 18.8" mackerel before I even got a chance. So now I'm up to 40 mackerels, not a one that was over 18.5".

And thus begins the house rules. :) Each person who gets the record doesn't participate in the tourney again until their record is beaten. Got to make it fair for all 4 people playing in my household. :)

I was the first to build a snowman, though, so :p

If you guys want a new thread for this game, why don't you just start one? I mean, this thread is a bit of a beast, and it would free up Filler's time.

The people posting in here have changed significantly in the past month, I think maybe it's time for a changing of the guard.

If someone does make a new one, I'd make the main post all FCs, like it is now, and then try to piece together some kind of FAQ- instead of the information thats in the op now.

Theres no point to make a new thread of something that already exists...why would you just copypasta my hard work (50 FCs over several months) just like that. IMO it is pointless and stupid (I understand what you are trying to say though NBBA). Ill be back in 3 hours. If you want to talk to me about the way this thread is maintained, PM me

[quote name='eugaet']Our fishing tourney is for horse mackerel as well. I slept in after a rough week of work...which gave my son the edge, because he woke up early and had already caught an 18.8" mackerel before I even got a chance. So now I'm up to 40 mackerels, not a one that was over 18.5".
[/quote]
I'm in the same boat. The 2nd fish I gave Chip was a record 7 inches. I've given him over 30 more fish and that still hasn't been broken! (well I've tied it twice, no gift) That would be really disappointing if there is a limit on the size of a fish. I have 25 more pond smelts waiting to be turned in right before the tourney ends.

I'm still playing AC, but it's not a lot daily. Maybe 20-30 minutes at most. You know, the normal routine of things. Water flowers, talk to everyone, check out Nook's, plant flowers/trees, dig up fossils/gyroids - give them to Museum. I barely bother to go to the City anymore, also. There's just not a whole lot to do there.

bread's done
Back