Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

1247-3058-0049
Name: Daddy
Town: Maxwii

I'm not feeling well today, but I'm going to try to muster up enough to join in if you'll add me. I'll see what I have that I could give you. At the very least can give you a bundle of turnips and a King Tut Mask! I won't be on until a bit later and probably won't stick around to chat much this time due to being sick. 600 bell turnips do help, though. :)

Daddy, hope you feel better soon! I sent something your way to cheer you up!

Janet, thanks for the fern fossil! Now my fossil collection is complete!

And BIG THANKS to Robert! You made me rich!!! Now I am on my way to having a windmill and getting some Gracie Grace stuff.

Thanks, prim!

I'll see about sending you some more stuff by mail. Let me know if there's anything specific you're looking for.

[quote name='prim4444']I've got 600 turnip prices today. This will be my first time inviting people over, I don't play to often, so if you want in, be patient with me... I have nothing to do for the rest of the day....

my code is 4511-5700-2065

name robert
town o'side

store is straight down from gate.[/quote]

Can you please add me so I can come and sell a few rounds of turnips tonight? I'll give you a handsome reward in bells to do so!

Phoenix Matt 0688-9954-5742

[quote name='converse']Can you please add me so I can come and sell a few rounds of turnips tonight? I'll give you a handsome reward in bells to do so![/quote]

come on over

[quote name='prim4444']I've got 600 turnip prices today. This will be my first time inviting people over, I don't play to often, so if you want in, be patient with me... I have nothing to do for the rest of the day....

my code is 4511-5700-2065

name robert
town o'side

store is straight down from gate.[/quote]

Post of the year if you ask me right there, I had 700K worth of turnips sold for 4.2M. Paid off my wife's house, paid the rest off for my lighthouse and I've got money left to spend! Thanks endless times Robert!

[quote name='prim4444']come on over[/quote]

Please tell me your store is still open and that you can add me. My info is in my sig.

Finally, I got my bed hair, but.......... :whee:

iv9838.jpg

A.C punished me for time traveling! :censored:

vyb6sj.jpg

30lp0de.jpg

:D

Ditto all the thanks to prim4444 and congrats to converse for no doubt taking the prize, though I'm darn happy with my 1.5 million. It also gave me an opportunity to unload one of my King Tut Masks. :)

Anyone miss out yesterday? This is crazy - turnip price is 456 in my town for 20 more minutes! Hurry! I'm home resting and just checked in. I'll open the gate.

Somebody wanted the lucky cat. I don't gave that but my Nooks has a Lucky Frog today. Is that part of the set?My Nooks also has the lovely lamp - do you need that darkpumpkin?

No, Matt sent it to me, but thanks anyways. I took that stupid cat back to Robert's town last night and GOT A LOVELY PHONE as a thank you present! WOO!!!

I'm new to the fountain thing, so do you only get one try a day? I told her I threw in a regular axe, she thanked me for being honest and threw it back. Tried throwing another one in, no dice. :(

Also, do you have to donate all 1 million bells at once or can you do a little at a time?

DarkPumpkin, congrats on the Lovely Phone, that's pretty cool.

On the fountain, you only get one shot per day per villager. That's part of the reason I created additional villagers for my town, to have additional shots at the axe. I used up all my axes pretty quickly though, so now I'm just down to one axe per day if Nookington's carries it. The other thing that is beneficial with multiple villagers is taking a different path on the axe with Serena every day. I have my main character as the honest one, then the other two characters say the Gold and Silver individually. One of them has to pay off eventually. I need to buy some axes in bulk though. I'd gladly pay 1000 bells per axe if someone can sell me some.

On the town fund, you just have to donate a total of 1M bells. I did my last 400K last night and they had the voting process for the Windmill/Lighthouse today.

Yeah, now I am pretty sure I have the whole lovely set. I was so excited about the phone! I didn't think I would be so lucky as to get it on my first time taking that stupid cat back to her negectful mother.

Logged on as my fiancee as well, and no dice either. I bought my own stockpile of axes in anticipation of getting my fountain so we will see how quickly I use them all up.

I went ahead and donated my million. Windmill here I come!

I also got my gold VIP shopping card. I thought you were supposed to get a discount at Gracie Grace with it, but Labelle still wanted 80,000 for the princess bed?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's snowing here so I'll have my gate open until further notice :bouncy:
[quote name='darkpumpkin']
I also got my gold VIP shopping card. I thought you were supposed to get a discount at Gracie Grace with it, but Labelle still wanted 80,000 for the princess bed?[/quote]
I don't think it does that. You get the Gracie Grace discount by getting a positive outfit evaluation from Gracie herself.

Tomorrow Nook will be downgrading to Nook 'n' Go. Tiny selection but open till 1am. :bouncy:
Also got my golden watering can today! Now I can set up my town the way I want it and organize all these flowers.
[quote name='crunchewy']What does the gold VIP card do then? I got mine too.[/quote]
You can buy things from Gracie Grace without having to run back and forth to the ABD machine.

Congrats on the gold watering can janet. I really hate trying to get that perfect town rating. I just want to make my town the way I want it.

It would help though if people stopped running in my town and killing my grass

congrats on the watering can. My town was perfect for almost 10 days and then all of a suden it's crap again. I don't know what happened.

[quote name='Daisydog']Tomorrow Nook will be downgrading to Nook 'n' Go. Tiny selection but open till 1am. :bouncy:
Also got my golden watering can today! Now I can set up my town the way I want it and organize all these flowers.

You can buy things from Gracie Grace without having to run back and forth to the ABD machine.[/QUOTE]

crazy. i remember nook asking me what i'd like in a new store. and i asked for variety over hours. i'll probably regret this once fishing season gets going again. but i do love picking up stuff. i have a ton of cool things i have no use for at the moment in my dresser.

[quote name='ProfWho']Congrats on the gold watering can janet. I really hate trying to get that perfect town rating. I just want to make my town the way I want it.

It would help though if people stopped running in my town and killing my grass[/QUOTE]

i've got to make a comment on the grass.

lately i've been paying once a day for less then a half hour. i've done this for a couple months now. and i never run. and the grass still doesn't go back. and then i'll go 2 or 3 days without playing, and a bunch of grass will grow back.

i believe very strongly that grass growing and running aren't as connected as we once thought.

and also, grass shouldn't effect a perfect town rating. that i know of.

[quote name='buttle']
and also, grass shouldn't effect a perfect town rating. that i know of.[/quote]

You're right, grass has no effect on town rating. It's just trees and flowers that matter. I have very little grass in my town and got a perfect rating + golden cans.

I was doing some TT to test a theory I had on bare trees (fur trees, trees without fruit) and inadvertently got my golden watering can about a week sooner. It's cool to have it, and I'm still going to keep my town perfect anyway. I didn't realize that when you TT forward and then back to your original time it keeps the changes after you went forward. For example, I had done shake downs on a bunch of trees and left the contents on the floor and when I TT'd back to the current time, it was still there.

To answer your gold card question, it does not do anything other than do what I guess are bragging rights, which I find kind of funny because you cant actually show people you have it besides dropping it. IMO the cards are pretty useless themselves because with the ABD in the city, you can easily withdraw and deposit on the spot.

Also, if anyone wants to see something really awesome, check out my new 4x4 mural:

Mural (taken by muralist): http://i42.tinypic.com/1r9shk.jpg

I asked my brother if he got the white king from last week and he just gave me a dumb stare. So he doesn't have any, sorry. He's more interested now in collecting the Mario Set. He's got almost everything except the Koopa Shell and the Green Pipe, because me and my other brother have them.

[quote name='crunchewy']In any case my gate is open. Nothing too exciting going on.[/QUOTE]

I got snow. I am opening up my gate in a minute.

:lol:[quote name='ProfWho']I know grass has no impact on the towns rating, but I like it for aesthic reasons.[/QUOTE]

i hear ya. it really doesn't feel perfect. with al that dirt everywhere.

so, did anyone else make a bid on that axe. if not. 25K, what do you say?

[quote name='buttle']:lol:

i hear ya. it really doesn't feel perfect. with al that dirt everywhere.

so, did anyone else make a bid on that axe. if not. 25K, what do you say?[/quote]
I'll pay 26k ;)

[quote name='darkpumpkin']Damn! I got greedy and lost out on my axe! Serena asked what I thought about her and I was honest. Then she said she would reward me. I asked for a silver axe and no dice. She kept my axe. A-hole.

http://www.coedu.usf.edu/culture/Story/Story_Cyprus.htm

Perhaps AC:CF based Serena off this? If so, perhaps all the speculation about telling the truth to her may be correct after all?[/quote]

Do you want one of my extra sliver axes?

Anyone have decent turnip prices??

Mine haven't been above 57 this week.

Also, how do I find my wii code?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkpumpkin']Damn! I got greedy and lost out on my axe! Serena asked what I thought about her and I was honest. Then she said she would reward me. I asked for a silver axe and no dice. She kept my axe. A-hole.

http://www.coedu.usf.edu/culture/Story/Story_Cyprus.htm

Perhaps AC:CF based Serena off this? If so, perhaps all the speculation about telling the truth to her may be correct after all?[/QUOTE]

that's a funny story, it's just like that bxtch
I also got a silver axe that I don't care for, maybe i'll give it to someone here

bread's done
Back