Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Couldn't get a table from Pavé. I'm hoping that he dies from a sugar rush now. Or at least gets lots of cavities.

If anyone has a spare table, I have the following extras for trade:

end table x2
closet
sofa x2
chair
bureau
bookcase

I'm just looking to have one complete set we can share.

In related news, I made my daughter cry by corralling all the neighbors with the shovel. And then I made it worse when I wouldn't free them before she had to go to bed. I couldn't, Pavé wouldn't give up the table!

[quote name='eugaet']Couldn't get a table from Pavé. I'm hoping that he dies from a sugar rush now. Or at least gets lots of cavities.

If anyone has a spare table, I have the following extras for trade:

end table x2
closet
sofa x2
chair
bureau
bookcase

I'm just looking to have one complete set we can share.

In related news, I made my daughter cry by corralling all the neighbors with the shovel. Thanks, Miranda. (j/k, Miranda ;) :D)[/QUOTE]

I will give you a table, is your gate open? I will take the bureau and give it to converse

[quote name='prim4444']I will give you a table, is your gate open? I will take the bureau and give it to converse[/quote]No, I've already turned the Wii off. Can you mail it to me? If you're just going to send my bureau to converse, I can just mail it direct to him, if that works.

[quote name='eugaet']No, I've already turned the Wii off. Can you mail it to me? If you're just going to send my bureau to converse, I can just mail it direct to him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he said he needed it so I was just going to help him out. I mail it out right now.

[quote name='prim4444']Yeah, he said he needed it so I was just going to help him out. I mail it out right now.[/quote]OK, thank you!

I'll mail the bureau to converse tomorrow night...or just drop it off if his gate happens to be open.

[quote name='prim4444']Yeah, he said he needed it so I was just going to help him out. I mail it out right now.[/quote]

[quote name='eugaet']OK, thank you!

I'll mail the bureau to converse tomorrow night...or just drop it off if his gate happens to be open.[/quote]

Thanks and Thanks.

By the end of the night, I started to get pretty good about picking up the patterns. It seemed like certain characters behaved the same way consistently. For example, so characters you could always answer "Right" while other characters were 50/50 Right/Left. The Rock/Scissors/Paper was a good tip early on because it seemed like they would either pick what would have beat your last move, or what you would pick to beat that. The coin flip seemed to either be heads, tails, head or tails, heads, heads in my town. The hardest of them all was the psychic challenges, because it seemed like the answers were different for each one. There were points where I would get 5 candy in a row without losing anything, or 9/10.

Thank you Becky, Miranda, and Romeo for stopping by. Glad we could each get the entire set without too much trouble. Villagers are going to be trading me ants for weeks to come :lol:

[quote name='converse']
bed and bureau I am missing.[/quote]
I have an extra bed.

Also have:
Lamp x6
Bookshelf
Chair
Closet x2
Floor
Bureau
Chest
Wallpaper
[quote name='eugaet']
In related news, I made my daughter cry by corralling all the neighbors with the shovel. And then I made it worse when I wouldn't free them before she had to go to bed. I couldn't, Pavé wouldn't give up the table![/quote]
:shame: Didn't you also make your son cry during the fishing tournament? Hopefully you made it up to her. You should give her one of those giant pink bears.
I felt bad about trapping the animals too, but they were close enough that they could still talk and make eachother sing. Probably because of the holiday, they always came away happy after a chat instead of making eachother upset like they do most days. Although Lucy did cry after I had to shove her back into her enclosure. That's what she gets for trying to escape.

Some pictures from tonight and last week:
Pavé is a dance machine:
RUU_0111.jpg

Trapping the neighbors:
RUU_0105-1.jpg

Got the complete set but for some reason we wanted to continue.
RUU_0106.jpg

This is from Flea Market day
RUU_0095.jpg

This hybrid appeared here even though the other cosmos were up top.
RUU_0100.jpg

And Miranda's outfit. I love it!
RUU_0085-1.jpg

I can't believe I wasted 5 hours just for nothing! The set looks too girlie...

Anyone interested in buying the whole complete Pavé Furniture Set?

I also got these extras.....

• Pavé Bed | 1
  • Pavé Chair |1
  • Pavé Sofa |1
  • Pavé Chest |1
  • Pavé Table |1
  • Pavé Lamp |1
  • Pavé Bookshelf |3
  • Pavé Wall |3
  • Pavé Floor |4

Anyone willing to part with a wall? I started after work and gave up at 10 (but enjoyed the Festivale music in my head all night long). I've got duplicates for everything except the bureau and a bunch of Mario stuff I could offer in trade as well.

[quote name='Daisydog']:shame: Didn't you also make your son cry during the fishing tournament? Hopefully you made it up to her. You should give her one of those giant pink bears.[/quote]They had plenty of room to move and spent the time in between playing games w/ me by talking to each other. Most of the time, they were all happily dancing and singing. Even so, I can see her point about trapping them. Not a very nice thing to do.

As far as making it up to her (and him)...I pay their mortgages and buy stuff for them all the time...but I'm thinking of backing off a little and making them earn at least something.

And my son was crying because I caught a bigger fish than his previous one. And then he immediately turned around and caught an even bigger fish. He needs to quit whining and crying when he doesn't get his way and when he's (temporarily) not in 1st place. Tough love. I'm all for him excelling at everything he can. I'm not for him thinking it's just going to be handed to him.

Sorry for the parenting tangent... :)

Alas, I missed out on all the Pave fun. 5 hats on top, perhaps, but no Pave furniture for me. I fell asleep, in part due to still being sick. I should have played during the day, but for some reason I decided I was going to let my kids have the first crack at it after they finished their homework. I didn't last after all that. Oh well. I suppose I could trade for the furniture, but on the other hand my kids had fun playing the games, and then if I had all the furniture it would spoil the fun for them next year, so I think I'll take my lumps on this one. Once upon a time it was my oldest son's game anyway.... :) My oldest has the table and the cabinet (or whatever it is called, closet?) and my youngest got the table too. They had a hoot with it, especially when their cousin came to visit and played too.

Pascal gave me a ship cannon today if anyone is interested. Not sure how rare these items are. I've also still got a golden watering can if anyone wants to trade. I've got plenty of cash, but maybe you'll think of something interesting to trade me anyway.

[quote name='doghair']Anyone willing to part with a wall? I started after work and gave up at 10 (but enjoyed the Festivale music in my head all night long). I've got duplicates for everything except the bureau and a bunch of Mario stuff I could offer in trade as well.[/quote]

Pass along your FC info, and add me if you haven't already and I can get you the wall.

What kind of Mario stuff do you have? I think I've got just about all of it myself, but could use a block or question mark.

[quote name='Daisydog']Thank you Becky, Miranda, and Romeo for stopping by. Glad we could each get the entire set without too much trouble. Villagers are going to be trading me ants for weeks to come :lol:

[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Thanks Janet! That was fun. :)

Gah! My son just sold our only Pavé lamp to Nook (and also one of our chairs). So...anyone got an extra lamp? The extras I have for trade now are:

end table x2
closet
sofa x2
bookcase

How do you get something from Pascal? I've seen him and watched him float down the river. I tried to fish for him. Are you suppose to do anything other then talk to him?

[quote name='crunchewy']How do you get something from Pascal? I've seen him and watched him float down the river. I tried to fish for him. Are you suppose to do anything other then talk to him?[/QUOTE]

You have to have a scallop in your pocket when you talk to him. I f you don't, he swims away.

I have the Pave lamp, 2 chairs, and an end-table... don't even want them.... if anyone wants them, I will give them to you for whatever you want to trade. Also, have much of the "Mario" series that I am willing to trade... let me know... Would love to trade this for the white knight, white king, black rook, and black king.... Thanks!!!!

converse, I mailed the bureau last night.

Daisydog, can I have one of your spare lamps? How much or what do you want for it in trade?

Anyone around this morning with turnips at better then 130? Anyone want to sell any of their turnips at 130 this morning? I'm thinking about selling some of mine at that price, using that scheme I suggested a short while back. That is, sell enough to get back what I paid and save the rest for a potentially better price.

Thanks for the tip about Pascal, prim4444

This isn't something you necessarily want to try if you are holding turnips, but one thing I have been doing lately is time traveling forward one day, and backward to the current time for a few cycles. I'm not actually progressing in time, but when it allows is for me to load up on axes for the fountain, and a different selection at Nook's each time, as well as a full restock. If you are working for perfect town, then watch out for wilting flowers and weeds, because they are out there even when you do this. Also, it's worth noting that I had a neighbor move out before I knew it because I had time traveled all of these days without talking to anyone. One major benefit is that you get tons of fossils too, so if things aren't moving fast enough for you but you don't want to actually travel to the future. On a side note to that, I haven't received any gyroids in quite some time, even before this time travel. Are they all dried up?

I'm holding out for at least 2xx on the turnip prices...but am hoping to see a 6xx price again this week. A majority of what I made last week went right back into turnips.

I ended up just selling enough to net me 100,000 bells which is about what I needed to pay off my current mortgage (along with my held bells). That only got me back a quarter of what I paid, but when I did the math I realized how disappointing it would be to sell enough to get back all of what I paid. :) Hopefully we see another good spike or two.

Converse - we have still been getting gyroids after snows. Now it will be after rain, though. Winter, and the snow, is gone. Now I see all the dirt. Anyone tried watering the dirt? It occurred to me as I was walking around with my silver watering can that maybe it could revive the grass?

[quote name='crunchewy']Converse - we have still been getting gyroids after snows. Now it will be after rain, though. Winter, and the snow, is gone. Now I see all the dirt. Anyone tried watering the dirt? It occurred to me as I was walking around with my silver watering can that maybe it could revive the grass?[/QUOTE]

I wish that would work, but it doesn't. Atleast it doesn't so far as I can see. If I'm not mistaken, watering one spot also waters the adjacent spots as well (a 3x3 grid).

[quote name='eugaet']
Daisydog, can I have one of your spare lamps? [/quote]
Of course you can have one. I'll put it in the mail today.

-
Mailed it. Let me know when you get the chair, would like to know how long my mail is taking these days.

The Stalk Market Wizard tells me that I'm having a roller coaster week!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Converse - we have still been getting gyroids after snows. Now it will be after rain, though. Winter, and the snow, is gone. Now I see all the dirt. Anyone tried watering the dirt? It occurred to me as I was walking around with my silver watering can that maybe it could revive the grass?[/quote]

Good point, I forgot it was only after rain/snow and my town has been dry for a week at least. I don't know how I am going to catch that Coeli in the next 3 days if it won't precipitate.

[quote name='Daisydog']Mailed it. Let me know when you get the chair, would like to know how long my mail is taking these days.[/quote]Um, lamp, right? :) I'll have to find something to give you in return...anything you're looking for?

[quote name='converse']Good point, I forgot it was only after rain/snow and my town has been dry for a week at least. I don't know how I am going to catch that Coeli in the next 3 days if it won't precipitate.[/quote]The Prima strat guide says the coelacanth is a year-round fish...

[quote name='eugaet']Um, lamp, right? :) I'll have to find something to give you in return...anything you're looking for?

The Prima strat guide says the coelacanth is a year-round fish...[/quote]
Yes, I meant the lamp #-o I was going to send you the chair too but realized you didn't ask for it.
And you don't have to give me anything.

Turnips are now 181. I should have waited. Actually I sold more at 181, but still have lots left and still haven't sold enough to recoup all I spent yet. If anyone wants to play similarly like a coward :) I can open my gate later. Something is telling me to be prepared for turnip disappointment this week given the many high prices last week. Then again, perhaps it will be of the I sold at 181 and now they are WHAT?!?!? variety. :)

I never have good turnip prices. My highest was around 200. I always hold out for a higher one and end up losing money. :bomb:

Janet would you be willing to send me some pave stuff?
I got a closet, end table and something else. But I have nothing else, no floor, wall, table, bed, chair anything like that.

[quote name='applecrisp']Janet would you be willing to send me some pave stuff?
I got a closet, end table and something else. But I have nothing else, no floor, wall, table, bed, chair anything like that.[/quote]
Sure. I can mail them or we can meet up now if you want.

I would love a Pave Lamp if anyone has an extra they are willing to trade for other Pave furniture.

I get alot of Mario furniture from the balloons, I have been selling it to Nook, but I will keep it for anyone here who is collecting it.

Linda

Ya I am in turnip danger too. I think I got the price decreasing constantly pattern.

That turnip stock market generator still says I should hold on to them. I think it's trying to make me poor! haha *bites nails too*

If your turnip prices go down two more times in a row, the wizard (link for anyone who missed my previous post about it) will suggest that you sell since they probably might not go up. I'm still hanging onto my turnips even though my turnip prices have been falling. Thursday morning last week was when my prices started to go up, so we'll see what happens this week.

Well, there goes my turnip price check for tomorrow...Nookway is closed for renovations. Hope someone gets upwards of 200 tomorrow.

[quote name='Miranda']If your turnip prices go down two more times in a row, the wizard (link for anyone who missed my previous post about it) will suggest that you sell since they probably might not go up. I'm still hanging onto my turnips even though my turnip prices have been falling. Thursday morning last week was when my prices started to go up, so we'll see what happens this week.[/QUOTE]

Based on that wizard, I should be seeing my turnips spike this morning. Needless to say, I'll be going home for lunch to check if it's accurate :)

[quote name='crunchewy']My turnips are 306! Are yours any better Alison?[/quote]Darn, I can't sell turnips during the first half of the day. :(

Normally I can't play during the weekday either. Turnips are now 177. I sold most of mine at 306 but still have 600 in case anyone has a big spike.

CL - I bought the black king for you. The thing I'd most want is the bad bro mustache, but that's probably a bitmuch to ask. I'll take some cabana stuff if you have any. I have to check to see what I have. Or would take some Pave stuff.

[quote name='crunchewy']You are only a hollow heart for me, so I can't send it. You need to visit or vice versa! Are you around now?[/quote]

If you want, send it to me and I can get it to him and vice versa.

bread's done
Back