Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Hmmm. I may want to sell at 186...or at least sell enough to break even. I usually sell my friend's turnip for him for whatever price I can find, so I will likely have to wait until he gets home from work to pick up his turnips. How much time would we have to sell turnips in your town, Violet, if you're able to open your gate at some point today?

[quote name='eugaet']Hmmm. I may want to sell at 186...or at least sell enough to break even. I usually sell my friend's turnip for him for whatever price I can find, so I will likely have to wait until he gets home from work to pick up his turnips. How much time would we have to sell turnips in your town, Violet, if you're able to open your gate at some point today?[/quote]

I'm thinking about leaving my game OFF DST, especially since I can now do morning things (when I would sleep past it before), and I have Nookingtons, so it's until 10pm Eastern tonight.

Now watch, it's going to be a repeat of last month, everyone comes in and sells at 186, and the usual suspects come in at like 5pm Saturday: 600 BELS LOL.

I definitely would like to sell at 186! Enough to break even. In fact, I'm probably just going to sell all of them. Will you have your gate open later tonight, VioletArrows, like around 8:30 to 9 PM?

I am considering 186 too... I rather be safe than sorry. I bought my turnips for 91 and they are selling for 95 right now... lol Not the type of profit I was hoping for.

mine is in the 60s :( It was 155 at midnight. I didn't get to check the morning price. I saw Janet's Blanca face. It was really cute. Mine is supposed to be mature. It looks lame. Anyone playing tonight? I will probably be playing around 8 central time.

Hope I or someone else gets a decent price tomorrow...I've got to sell my remaining turnips at 82 bells each to break even. [crosses fingers]

Honestly, it won't be the end of the world if I don't, though. :)

Our turnips are 65 this morning. I hope someone has a better price! At least I did get to sell most of mine at VioletArrows last night. Thanks Violet. Plus there was that funny bit about getting locked in the store (Nookingtons - check out the clock!)

RUU_0050.jpg

RUU_0051.jpg

My morning price is 155. I'm going to get some of my money back, and hope it rises in the afternoon. I'm leaving the gate open for the next hour or two.

PS: I'm AFK.

Mine dropped in the afternoon to 68. Bad week. I'll sell at 140 if your gate's open. Otherwise, I have a friend who's going to open his gate later for me to sell at 135.

Today is (finally) 5x shopping points day, so I went platinum. Anyone want to buy a moon?

EDIT: I'll come by to sell at 150 if your gate is open, prim. Might be a while...I turned the Wii over to the kids before I saw your price and they wouldn't be pleased if I kicked them right back off.

oh i'm in turnip danger... prim can you save me once again?
i have 3 trips... i feel bad that i never have a high turnip price.

[quote name='eugaet']prim, how much time do I have left? Currently sitting at a drive-thru window waiting for dinner...[/QUOTE]

til 9pm pacific.

Unloaded the rest at 150, thanks prim.

I was hoping that there'd be a spike this week and I could lay off the turnips for a while. Looks like I'm going to give it at least one more week...

I'm pretty much relying on everyone. I have yet to see anything decent since I started paying attention. Maybe this week? First for everything, eh?

Big spike so I can quit the market for a while, kthxbai!

but it's difficult since I have no friends. I finally figured out how to
find my friend code and I am ready to...socialize or something. I
have never been online with anyone live before, so broadening my
horizons like this is stressing me out. You all seem to do it just fine,
and I really need to learn how to do new things.

Let's seeeeee....I'd like to visit someone, and I promise I won't say
anything nasty or tear up your town (do people really do that?) or
chop down trees or stay too long.

I can bring something to trade and what? Drop it on the ground?
Does that work?

I have :
Oranges
2 coconuts
2 pink roses
1 orange rose

I'd like to shake a tree and get (and I really only need one trees'
worth):
cherries
apples
pears
peaches

I think...someone could PM me? I'll be online tonight, and can
wander over to someone's town at anytime....

zephyr

I was going to bed, but...

Zephyr, I just added you. I brought 3 of each of the fruits by the gate plus an extra gift. You can find my friend code (along w/ all the others) here. I wouldn't mind the 2 pink roses and 1 orange rose in trade for everything by the gate. :)

EDIT: Copy/paste...

name: eugaet
town: treecity
FC: 4812-1703-0434

EDIT EDIT: I'll only have the gate open for about 30 minutes...gotta wake up for work tomorrow. :)

Well, thanks to Oemor and eugaet, I have a big pile of
fruit that I can plant, and then I'll also be ready to see
the cherry blossoms!

This was so neat - I can fix up my town, but I don't
think it'll ever be as exotic as other people's towns. I'm
still waiting on the fountain, and then I'm going for a
windmill...and now I need to arrange the trees nicely
since I really like lots of fruit everywhere.

This was fun, bye for tonight.

Thanks, Zephyrsaurus

I started up my game and Pete was right outside my door saying he had a letter from Nintendo for me. Must be some kind of DLC, I'm guessing the red Pikmin hat. He wouldn't give me the letter though since my space for letters was full. I'll have to go and talk to him again.

EDIT: it's the shamrock hat

Dad's slow, kids already knew and had received the hat. Spring break and all.

I saw that green vest in Able's a couple days ago. Now I'm wishing I had bought it.

[quote name='ProfWho']I haven't gotten it and is making me sad[/quote]
Not here either. But I got a nice letter from Romeo today :D Wrote you back just now.

Turnips!

It figures, I didn't buy turnips this week and the wizard says it's going to be a large or small spike week.
Monday: 82/78
Tuesday: 73/140

Sell Time: Wednesday evening or Thursday morning

I'll keep checking the prices for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
My turnip prices are on the rise too! :)

Code:
Joan | M Morn | M Noon | T Morn | T Noon
 106 |   82   |   77   |   72   |   143

I'll post if I have good prices tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.

I didn't get turnips this week either. Not intentional, but it's ok - I could use a break. I'll check and report if I've got a good price, of course.

I'd like to try to catch some good fish for the flea market as an alternate money making scheme, so report if you've got rain and an open gate in the evenings. I've also got some moons and King Tut masks to sell at the flea market to recoup losses from.

Please let this be the last week I mess with turnips for a while. Who am I going to irritate this week by moving 7 loads of turnips?

[quote name='crunchewy']I've also got some moons and King Tut masks to sell at the flea market to recoup losses from.[/quote]You might recoup your losses better by just selling them to Nook. I had a ton of Triforces I tried selling at the last flea market and I couldn't even get one neighbor to offer more than Nook's buying price. Most would only agree to much less (when I had the patience to bring the asking price that low).

Hey i'm new here but interested in connecting and going to people's towns..right now i'm trying to get more money i just wasted 300,000 cause i thought you would get both the bridge and fountain by donating 500k :'(

let me know if you're interested &I'll post my info

edit:also i'm about to start gridding out my town for the perfect town .. i was wondering how to count rivers in the 16 squares across/down that make up an acre? (i read that it was 16, i could be wrong.)

edit ..again: nevermind i've already started mapping it out so far i've done 7 acres. it's kind of tedious :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an easier way to map out your acres:

http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/PerfectTown/

All you need to do is take a picture of your town map, then upload it to that site. I recommend taking the picture of your map while you're inside of a building so that it doesn't show a person icon on your map.

It's more accurate to map out your town manually (because when you take a picture of your town map, the buildings appear bigger than they really are), but the map generator makes it a lot easier.

I mapped my whole town out manually on paper and then found out about that site after I finished my map. Hopefully this will save you some time.

wish I read that sooner, I've already finished 7 acres of my town by laying down patterns that mark the 16 x 16 squares and so far it's worked out great. thanks anyway though. I don't think I have an SD card for some reason yet either so that wouldn't work. it's just annoying that Nookington's only sells 3 trees and 7 seeds a day since I need 15 trees & 5 flowers per acre (that's what i'm trying so far at least)

bread's done
Back