Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Beccaree']Did anyone get all of the egg series? I'm missing one and I cannot find anymore eggs.[/QUOTE]

What did you need? I'm not planning on keeping anything I find today.

if you guys have trouble finding eggs you should save your game then restart it changes where the dig spots are, there should be 30 eggs total in your town. this egg set was way to easy to get

[quote name='oemor']if you guys have trouble finding eggs you should save your game then restart it changes where the dig spots are, there should be 30 eggs total in your town. this egg set was way to easy to get[/quote]

I noticed that too when I visited a town and came back. There were dig spots where there weren't any before. Really easy to get all the eggs and the egg furniture that way.

I probably wouldn't be able to do this either way, my dumb brother figured out that if he completely suffocates the town with foreign trees, the fruit is quick money. So now you can't see where you're going in my town unless you're either by the gate or at the beach. *facepalm*

[quote name='prim4444']What did you need? I'm not planning on keeping anything I find today.[/QUOTE]

I finally found it. I think they were just messing with me. I was running all over town searching it inch by inch and it just appeared out in the open by one of the houses in an area I know I searched. The set is kind of ugly but I'm keeping it for now. lol

I got the set just to add to my catalog collection, but I have no plans of keeping it...in fact it's sitting by my front gate free for the taking right now. If anyone needs a piece to complete their collection let me know (egg set).

Also, I still have the throne for anyone who wanted it. I did some spring cleaning in my wardrobe today to make room for my excess candy and found a number of old furniture pieces I had been keeping and forgot about. I'll try to have my gates open sometime this week too.

I had done some TT previously to load up on some of the Easter Eggs, not that it was necessary, but I am glad I did it as I have a good 20-25 pieces of candy in reserve for the next event (whenever that may be). I wasn't crazy about playing all of the games for Festivale, so if the other events surrounding candy are so time consuming this will be a nice backup supply.

Aw, crap. I didn't know candy had any use, so I just sold the stuff for 100 bells a piece.

Does anyone still need a snail? I know people were talking about that not too long ago. I captured 2, which I will save for a day or two in case anyone wants one.

fuck it. I have been searching for 2 hoirs for that last fucking egg. If anyone would glitch me a egg stereo I would really appericate it.

i have 7 egg items i dont need.. i jus grabbd a few in case nebody wantd i dont care much for the egg set.. i need a snail :)

I'm trading my game away and having a fire sale of items I acquired including bells. Come one come all and take what is on the ground. Gates will be opened around 7PM EDT tonight. If we already exchanged codes,m then your in luck. If not, I'm not doing more leg work.

My son was able to participate in the egg hunt on Sunday morning. My daughter didn't care and I was too busy to bother w/ it.

He had fun, though.

Finally re-started playing after a few weeks off, just in time for the egg hunt (as well as having to pick a ton of weeds).

[quote name='jase1z']i have 7 egg items i dont need.. i jus grabbd a few in case nebody wantd i dont care much for the egg set.. i need a snail :)[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you can get on tonight so we can meet up. I don't think I can drop a snail on the ground, but I'm pretty sure I can mail one, right? We just have to have our characters meet up so that we can send mail to each other.

As of Sunday Morning. Got bored over the weekend. My town.

accfmap.jpg

[quote name='prim4444']As of Sunday Morning. Got bored over the weekend. My town.[/quote]
All it takes for me to do this is a print screen of my program. Seriously people, a Wii capable of doing things like this is amazing for AC:CF. A bit out of date, as of April 7:
accfmap_april_7.png

anyone want to visit my town tonight? I will be opening the gates around 8:00 central time. My charm is to plant 4 flowers and everyone will love you. Not sure what that means. I have some flower bags on the ground by the gate. There are also some in the store.

[quote name='Beccaree']anyone want to visit my town tonight? I will be opening the gates around 8:00 central time. My charm is to plant 4 flowers and everyone will love you. Not sure what that means. I have some flower bags on the ground by the gate. There are also some in the store.[/QUOTE]

damn, i can't get on tonight :/

anyone know what happened to the "Unofficial CAG AC: CF Grid"?

was it deleted?

thanks to Romeo, Miranda and Robert for visiting. It was fun! Romeo, thanks for the paintings. I forgot to thank you for that extra ogre mask. I should have worn that. ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']Who is this cat named Kaitlin who's in my town, and why is she telling me to find her kitten in ProfWho's town?[/quote]

You need to set up a time to open your gate for ProfWho. ProfWho needs to talk to the kitten occupying his town, lead it to his town gate, and then go to your town. They'll reunite at the town gate, and I believe you'll both receive a rare item in the mail afterward.

Doomed and I just did it today actually which I came in here to thank him for. :)

[quote name='SuperPhillip']You need to set up a time to open your gate for ProfWho. ProfWho needs to talk to the kitten occupying his town, lead it to his town gate, and then go to your town. They'll reunite at the town gate, and I believe you'll both receive a rare item in the mail afterward.

Doomed and I just did it today actually which I came in here to thank him for. :)[/quote]
Nope, only I get a gift. I hope the 99,999 bells makes up for that. ;)

matt young icudnt go on 2nite sorry but il be on 2morrow cant send a snail only thru a flea market.. i'd have 2 go 2 ur house.. u need egg items?

[quote name='jase1z']matt young icudnt go on 2nite sorry but il be on 2morrow cant send a snail only thru a flea market.. i'd have 2 go 2 ur house.. u need egg items?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I got all the egg items and sold them to Nook already. Let me know what time you'll be on tomorrow.

Also, ProfWho, let me know when/if you'll be on. I'll be home till around 6 Pacific time, just so both of you know.

I had a lot of fun with Bunny Day. It was thrilling to be able to get the entire set of furniture, without going through all that agony that Pave put me through. I am prepared next year with a pile of candy, because that Pave carpet and lamp are kind of pretty....I love the egg lamp and the toy, the wooden sound the wardrobe makes when you open it is nice.

About a month ago I finally visited 2 towns, and got lots of fruit. I am still working on planting things, but my town will never be as organized as other towns here - the second I start mapping things out, I'll get bored and stop since it will seem like a chore. I wish I had more green grass, but my sweetie and I like to run around like maniacs, so I guess it isn't meant to be. We slow down for the flowers, though - I now have 2 black tulips, 2 pink cosmos, and a purple and a blue pansy. Exciting.

It was great to visit others - I'm still thinking about how colorful Romeo's town would be during the daylight! So many flowers... but I actually had a bit of an anxiety attack after all my visiting. Apparently the BF was going to go online and surprise me with piles of foreign fruit, but stopped when he found out he would have to talk to someone to arrange it - I would have found him unconscious in front of the Wii with a stroke-level blood pressure and blood jetting out of his nose, whereas I just hyperventilate and get nervous and pass out. It is interesting that I would have found it easier to visit in real life to take fruit, however, the BF finds both online and real life interaction to be stressful. Perhaps it is because it is new to both of us. Ahhh, we both...suck.

You don't suck Zephyrsaurus. A LOT of people struggle with social anxiety, myself included. You are who you are. Just go at your own pace and try not to beat yourself up about it :grouphug:

If you need more fruit you can always write letters to your villagers. If it's short enough, just one sentence or two short ones, they'll mail you back a piece of fruit or a shirt in return.

Make sure your words are spelled correctly and always include a gift so you'll get one back. Likewise, if you write a medium length letter you will receive leaf furniture in return. And long letters will yield a mixture of leaf furniture, carpets or wallpapers.

Grass is something I've really taken an interest in lately. All of the places I had flowers at in the beginning of the year are now packed solid with beautiful green grass. I've now moved all of those flowers to bare patches and I'm watching as those places are also getting covered in the green stuff.

But hands down the most helpful was creating paths. I run like crazy on my paths. Laying them down is time consuming but well worth the effort for grass growing.

In addition to what Janet said about flowers/grass, if you don't want to water your flowers every day, go to Robert's town or anyone else who has the charm that makes it so flowers won't wilt. Works great. I haven't had to water at all, which is nice when you have a town full of flowers. And... if you have the flower charm for your town and a visitor does it, your flowers also won't wilt either.

Tax day DLC tomorrow - I wonder what it'll be, I have a few ideas, but you never know. While NoA is giving us the tax day item, it looks like NoE is having a DLC contest for people to design and vote on DLC:

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/compe...go_to_the_city/?cID=233&lID=ACcomp01&loc=enGB

Can jap dlc be transferred over to a american copy of ac wii??? If they are on your friends list.

I'm just curious it's no big deal just wondering but I'm assuming it's going to be region locked....:cry:

[quote name='rocky435']Can jap dlc be transferred over to a american copy of ac wii??? If they are on your friends list.

[/QUOTE]

yes, all DLC is orderable in the catalog.

519 Bells per turnip!

I'll try to have my gate open until Nook closes (9 PM Pacific), but I'm not able to add any new people because my list is full. Sorry! If you're friends with someone who's on my list, maybe you can have them sell your turnips for you.

I'll probably be AFK. Please don't pick up any presents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, everyone. I'm wanting to sell off 300 turnips for over 101 bells per turnip.
Does anyone have a town with Nook buying at a higher price?

Hello one and all!

I am pretty new to AC: CF but not to AC in general. I played a ton of AC on the GameCube.

Anyways, I PM'd this info for addition to the master list, but will add it here, too.

Name: Keavy
Town: Petopia
Fruit: Oranges
FC: 0988-5099-9170
Wii Code: 0194-2711-8224-5729

If anyone needs/wants oranges, I currently have six on me. I guess we'd have to meet up to exchange them, so PM me to set up a time. I'm in the Pacific time zone but am up at all sorts of crazy hours.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys up to date on Turnip prices and such.

[quote name='stefonzie']I'm in turnip danger. I haven't sold them yet and my price is bad. HELP!
I just prefer something over 100.[/quote]

I bought 300 turnips this week. Mine was only 72 bells tonight, but I had sold 100 turnips for 209 bells/turnip, so I did okay, I guess. :???:

bread's done
Back