Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Beccaree']I use a wireless keyboard too. It works great. And I want to ad my thanks to Romeo also. Love the hat! :) I hope someone has a good turnip price this week. I had to sell mine for 39 bells last week. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I had 400-something last week, but had bought nothing. I really hope I can turn a profit this week, as I spent almost my whole Bell bank account on turnips.

I got my Bus Model yesterday. :)

Yes, the carp banner is the DLC I got from Romeo.

Becky's talking about a hat though, I'm guessing it's the Flamenco hat that came out in Europe.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=80161

I got that one too from someone else.

I don't like how the special DLC shirts are Wendell patterns. It's kind of annoying having to go to Able's and save one of my patterns just to get a new shirt. I'd rather just have it be an actual shirt, but I guess Nintendo doesn't want to waste DLC slots.

My silly Nook devolved back to Nook 'n Go just by answering a question a certain way-- with no idea it would affect anything.

How stupid.
Nooooooooook!!! :bomb:

Hey guys- haven't posted in a while. I just have a question:

I haven't played since February- but my WiiConnect has still been on and active. Does that mean that I got all the DLC that has come out since then? Or would I have needed to sign in during that time frame? The nintendo website makes it sound like all you have to do it have the WiiConnect active.

[quote name='nbballard']Hey guys- haven't posted in a while. I just have a question:

I haven't played since February- but my WiiConnect has still been on and active. Does that mean that I got all the DLC that has come out since then? Or would I have needed to sign in during that time frame? The nintendo website makes it sound like all you have to do it have the WiiConnect active.[/quote]
No clue, but probably not since Pete has to physically hand you the letter.

I'm not sure. I wasn't on when they were giving out DSi benches and a week after I checked in and he was standing by the door. Same for the ugly little Pikmin hat. I also didn't sign in for the St.Patrick's Day thing but I didn't get a hat. I have no idea how it works.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']My silly Nook devolved back to Nook 'n Go just by answering a question a certain way-- with no idea it would affect anything.

How stupid.
Nooooooooook!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate.

EDIT: Turnips are at 53 bells... I'm going to lose a lot of money this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']Please elaborate.

EDIT: Turnips are at 53 bells... I'm going to lose a lot of money this week.[/QUOTE]

After you get Nookingtons, Nook will ask you if you're happy with the store. If you say you want better hours it will downgrade back to nook'n'go or whichever store is open until 1 a.m. If you say you like variety he will keep it the same. He asks this about once a month or so.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Anyone have good turnip prices? I hit 431 last Thursday, but I had bought no turnips. Now I have 500 turnips, and my price is again at its highest for the week on Thursday- but at a measly 93 bells.

I bloody hate Nook. It's like he saw that I took out 600K in turnips on Sunday and is determined to keep me in indentured servitude forever.

Nook: 60 a turnip, lol. :3

*STAB*

Follow-up: I played Wednesday night and got my Red Pikmin Hat, and i played last night and got the Bus.

I'm assuming that's all i'll get (what else was there?). Maybe something else will be waiting tonight.

I have the full chess set, most of the egg series, and some Pave stuff. I also have Royal Crowns, throne, probably all of the mario series, and regular "girlie" crown ... and willing to trade some/all for FLOWERS, FLOWERS, FLOWERS!!!!!

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I have the full chess set, most of the egg series, and some Pave stuff. I also have Royal Crowns, throne, probably all of the mario series, and regular "girlie" crown ... and willing to trade some/all for FLOWERS, FLOWERS, FLOWERS!!!!![/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're looking for rare flowers or just any, but I'm about to open my gate and I have 4 flowers available in my store.

For everyone- 489 bells per turnip right now. I was just able to get on for the first time today and cashed in for nearly 250 grand. As I said, I'll be leaving my gate open, so you will have until 10 Pacific/1 A.M. Eastern to sell turnips and feel free to buy anything that's left in the store as well. I will be idle, as I'm watching the Lakers game, but I will also try to check back here in case anyone wants me to add them. No promises when or if I will be able to add anyone, but like I said, I'll try to check back here just in case.

I ended up getting a phone call around half an hour before you posted that (and just got off the phone now, heh) and forgot all about AC anyway, so it's good that you didn't go to the effort. It's too bad you didn't get to sell, though. Give me your friend code and I'll give you mine as well (have to look it up) and we can add each other for future playing purposes.

Did anyone come visit while I was away?

My turnip prices remain horrible. They were 44 this morning. I think the highest I've ever hit was 144.

Also, CL, I have some flowers you can have. I'll be out most of the night tonight. I can open my gates tomorrow morning around 10:00 am CST and leave them open through the afternoon. I'll have 8 bags by the gates and 4 more in the store. Take all you want.

Hey does anyone have cherries or apples that i may have please???

my friend code is 5284-5236-5346

my town is hamville and my fruit is oranges.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I don't know about you Matt... but I left my gate open and went swimming with the family. Don't know if anyone came through or not....[/QUOTE]

Oh. I got your letter with the golden shovel (thanks, by the way) and rote you back saying you could come sell turnips and buy flowers since I thought you were playing.

[quote name='Miranda']Tonight's the first K.K. Slider night where there was a villager in the cafe drinking coffee at the same time. Cool![/QUOTE]

I have never seen anyone in there on Saturday nights. The other day, Phyllis was in there during the afternoon. Is she even in the game otherwise?

Fox and Rocky, I can give you guys a few pieces each of the fruits you don't have.

Willie,

I got your message about that pathetic excuse for a mother cat in your town. I apparently have her wayward spawn in mine. All attempts to mail said creature to you have been in vain. Nintendo frowns upon child abuse - but not endangerment, it seems - and prohibits me from snaring, packaging, and shipping tots via the in-game postal service; ergo, I need to visit your quaint village. Perhaps around 8PM EST tonight? Or even 9PM?

Matt, Cl-Insanity came to my town last night and hooked me up with a bunch of fruit. I've planted some and it should successfully grow. I'll add you to my friends list though in case you ever want to drop by.

[quote name='Kilraven']Willie,

I got your message about that pathetic excuse for a mother cat in your town. I apparently have her wayward spawn in mine. All attempts to mail said creature to you have been in vain. Nintendo frowns upon child abuse - but not endangerment, it seems - and prohibits me from snaring, packaging, and shipping tots via the in-game postal service; ergo, I need to visit your quaint village. Perhaps around 8PM EST tonight? Or even 9PM?[/QUOTE]

How about 8pm est tonight, Wednesday??? Yeah, what is this Momma cat planning on doing with this spat???

I tried that once but I didn't have a watering can and flowers seem to survive on their own.... Went to check on them earlier this week and they had died (read: I walked over the spot where there should have been a row of flowers and realized, oh yeah, I planted flowers here). I now have a watering can but haven't tried making any hybrids.

My TV has been in the shop for repairs for a week and I won't get it back till next week. I cannot imagine how many of my hybrids and special flowers I have lost. On the plus side, I imagine I will have all my grass back.

I'm sure no one remembers me here as I haven't been posting on the site in well over a year but I was an avid AC:WW fan until a dog made a chew toy out of my cart that had 100+ hours of gameplay on it. I just picked up City Folk yesterday and I was hoping I'd be able to pop into some of your towns so I can pick up some fruit.

My friend code is: 5508 4785 4299 5378

Thanks!

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I'm sure no one remembers me here as I haven't been posting on the site in well over a year but I was an avid AC:WW fan until a dog made a chew toy out of my cart that had 100+ hours of gameplay on it. I just picked up City Folk yesterday and I was hoping I'd be able to pop into some of your towns so I can pick up some fruit.

My friend code is: 5508 4785 4299 5378

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Need character name and town name also....

Having fun, Kilraven!!! I think we keep opening and closing our gates at the same time. My gate will be open for about 20 more minutes. Sold turnips for 346.:bouncy:

Let's get those kitties back together...

Name and town isn't really needed. As long as the friend code is correct, the game will add in correct name and town once visited.

Also, jfunkdpg, The ACCF friend code is only 12 digits. You have to talk to Cooper in your town's gate to get your friend code.

[quote name='prim4444']Name and town isn't really needed. As long as the friend code is correct, the game will add in correct name and town once visited.

Also, jfunkdpg, The ACCF friend code is only 12 digits. You have to talk to Cooper in your town's gate to get your friend code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My AC friend code is 2106-5538-5997. Please let me know if you add me, and I'll do the same for those that I add.

I am thinking about shutting it down.... but will find out whom replaces "Monty"...
I loved this game but feel there's nothing else to accomplish...

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I am thinking about shutting it down.... but will find out whom replaces "Monty"...
I loved this game but feel there's nothing else to accomplish...[/QUOTE]

Are there any special flowers that you want or just 8 random ones?

bread's done
Back