Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Matt Young']
Also, how do I get my town/environment rating above D+/C-?[/QUOTE]

Plant a ton of flowers everywhere - too many flowers never hurts your rating, it can only help it. Or if you don't want to have to water a lot every day, then do a combination of having the right amount of trees/flowers per acre:

http://accf.wikispaces.com/Perfect+Town

[quote name='super_dawn']Hi- my sister just sent me this link: http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/10/nintendogs_coming_as_dlc_to_animal_crossing

anyone receive the doggie, yet? :)[/QUOTE]

I think that might be DLC for Europeans. NOA's Animal Crossing DLC page doesn't say anything about getting a Nintendog, but NOE's has info on it:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...share_your_home_in_animal_crossing_14709.html

Looks like for now you'll have to connect with someone in Europe to get it since NOA's page says our next DLC will be celebrating election day - I doubt they'll celebrate it with a Nintendog. :p

[quote name='Miranda']I think that might be DLC for Europeans. NOA's Animal Crossing DLC page doesn't say anything about getting a Nintendog, but NOE's has info on it:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...share_your_home_in_animal_crossing_14709.html

Looks like for now you'll have to connect with someone in Europe to get it since NOA's page says our next DLC will be celebrating election day - I doubt they'll celebrate it with a Nintendog. :p[/QUOTE]

ooh really...that sucks. now i'm disappointed.

One year anniversary celebrations for ACCF. Anybody interested? I can get anyone any DLC or any item at all, FYI.

Copypasta from last page: (30 posts per page)

Many, many people played Animal Crossing when it came out, but the real time gaming can become very demanding. What happens every AC game for me (and I welcome it) is I have loads of fun paying off my house and chilling around the town/city, eventually it becomes a bore. I know this doesn't happen to everybody, but it happens to me and obviously to others too, they aren't here anymore.

So you go back to your town months later, thinking it'll be just like old times, but it's not. The magic is gone. The animals hate you. Your house is paid off. The stalk market is all but worthless, you have long since lost the need for money.

So maybe if every now and then, we rounded up the old players for shennanigans around the town, we could squeeze more playtime out of this game. Strell, lilboo, etc. probably haven't played since March or earlier.

And Io/any other mod, could I be the OP of this thread? (unless someone more active with AC wants to) I know Filler was okay with it when he left AC.

[quote name='oemor']super_dawn if you want the nintendog you can catalog it off me, & if anyone else want its holler[/QUOTE]
Please send me one too if it's orderable. And thank you for that hat thing :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomed']One year anniversary celebrations for ACCF. Anybody interested? I can get anyone any DLC or any item at all, FYI.

Copypasta from last page: (30 posts per page)

Many, many people played Animal Crossing when it came out, but the real time gaming can become very demanding. What happens every AC game for me (and I welcome it) is I have loads of fun paying off my house and chilling around the town/city, eventually it becomes a bore. I know this doesn't happen to everybody, but it happens to me and obviously to others too, they aren't here anymore.

So you go back to your town months later, thinking it'll be just like old times, but it's not. The magic is gone. The animals hate you. Your house is paid off. The stalk market is all but worthless, you have long since lost the need for money.

So maybe if every now and then, we rounded up the old players for shennanigans around the town, we could squeeze more playtime out of this game. Strell, lilboo, etc. probably haven't played since March or earlier.

And Io/any other mod, could I be the OP of this thread? (unless someone more active with AC wants to) I know Filler was okay with it when he left AC.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten back into ACCF recently, and have been checking CAG every day to see if town invitations are being sent. We should have Animal Crossing Nights! I'd really have fun playing with you guys again.

Ebay006.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']What time?[/QUOTE]
I guess after 8PM, so K.K. is there. It doesn't really matter to me though, but I'm usually in bed by 2AM EST.

I've got this game now, but I haven't taken it online yet. I plan on doing so at the end of the month when I have more time to play games.

I'm really interested in swapping friend codes from people from different regions. Being able to visit different regions and experiencing other holidays sounds like fun!

I'm looking to get some more friends in AC:CF. Also, just paid off my second mortgage, so I'm gonna need some more fruit soon to help make myself some money. Here's my FC/details:

Name: John
FC: 2579-2167-3729
Town: The Town
PM me if you add me. Thanks.

I just logged into this game for the first time last night since January! Oops.. I was playing Cursed Mountain and decided I needed something to balance the creepy before bed.

Jmclark I have all the fruits, so if you want to stop by my town later tonight, feel free to come grab some... PM me and let me know what time you're thinking and we'll see if I can help you out!

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I would like to thank Becky for all the flowers.[/QUOTE]

you're welcome. I have flowers all over my town. More flowers than grass. :lol:

I would also like to thank Kilraven for flowers.
Thank you also, Romeo... oops... oemor, for the Taco Bell dog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the deal!!!! I am tired of talking to Blathers!!!

I need:
the last fossil in the case upstairs.
Stracosaur Head and Torso
Stegosaur Head.
I have:
amber
apato skull, torso
tricera tail
dinosaur track
T. Rex skull, tail
ammonite
icthyo skull, torso
plesio torso
ankylo skull

I also have most of the egg series. Most of the Mario series.
I would like to sell the Gracie "Candy Land" Furniture set.
Flowers always gets the job done for me... :)

TOM NOOK GETS EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT SOLD / GIVIN' AWAY by Friday.
My friend code is in my signature, and you can pm me yours.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Most of the Mario series.
I would like to sell the Gracie "Candy Land" Furniture set.
[/QUOTE]
Interested in both of those.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I haven't played this game since New Years. ;_; I'm going to start playing it again.[/QUOTE]
I think the last time I played was around Christmas. :lol:

[quote name='CL-Insanity']If I don't hear from anyone about the "Sweets" Series and the Mario series... off to Nook's they go on Saturday morning...
Let me know...[/QUOTE]
I'm busy Saturday, maybe something Friday night?

[quote name='yukine']I think the last time I played was around Christmas. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I still can't get over the fact, that it's been almost a year since Animal Crossing: City Folk was released. o.o

I wasn't really into the game because at the time I wasn't able to connect to Wi-Fi, but now I can.

Halloweent event in town, reminds me of the one in Animal Crossing for the Gamecube.

But, ahh... I think they destroyed some of my stuff in my inventory with their jack-in-the boxes...

Ok, so I'm back, and only because I want something. I'm all excited over the Halloween set, and I can't take it anymore. All this wandering, and I'm down to one item and the sweetie is down to 2.

We Need: 1 Spooky Bed, and 2 Spooky Paper

I got:
1 wallpaper, carpet, table, lamp
2 wardrobe, vanity, clock
3 dresser
4 bookcases, yeah, Jack coughed up all those bookcases. ugh.

Oh, where's that friend code....

3566 7324 6358

Oh, the exhaustion.

Ok, the list of what I want and the huge freaking pile of what I have is listed above, but the problem is that I'm not on CAG often enough and if someone IM's me, then I'll likely miss it and you'll think I'm a jerk.

Go ahead and email me - I check that often enough, and we'll get together and trade stuff - it doesn't need to be an even trade at all since I don't need all that extra Spooky furniture and I really don't need money. I'd really like to have that planter with the 3 little Pikmin in it, but since that was released overseas, I'm not expecting that anytime soon. I'd just really like to have a properly decorated Halloween room. I can't believe I'm just missing a few things, and it's taken quite a bit of effort. I really like the way the Bunny furniture was set up; easily got a complete set without any heartache. Hm.

Here I am: [email protected]

I just started playing City Folk again 3 days ago, so I could really only get 3 pieces of candy, and sadly... I wasted one of them on a villager, hoping to gain something... oh boy was I wrong.

Sadly, I don't have anything you want. :(

I'd probably like some, I only have 2 pieces of furniture :( (I know I could timewarp, buy tons of candy, go back to halloween day and trade the candy. But that's just not fair.)

Wow, I have 2 drawers full of candy and didn't do anything last night. Trick or treat here is on thursday, probably why I forgot.

[quote name='Beccaree']does anyone have an extra bookcase? I got everything else.[/QUOTE]

I can send one to you next time I get on

Speaking of which... I remember like a year ago we used to have CAG Animal Crossing nights, is that still happening or is that long gone?

Does anyone have a spare Spooky Vanity? I've got spares of the following:

1 carpet
2 bookcases
1 wardrobe
4 chairs
6 sofas

Oh, and a couple of Jack-in-the-Boxes. I just couldn't get Jack to give up a vanity. And if someone needs a sofa or whatever off the list, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trillian']Does anyone have a spare Spooky Vanity? I've got spares of the following:

1 carpet
2 bookcases
1 wardrobe
4 chairs
6 sofas

Oh, and a couple of Jack-in-the-Boxes. I just couldn't get Jack to give up a vanity. And if someone needs a sofa or whatever off the list, just let me know.[/QUOTE]

I've got an extra Vanity. I'll trade you for the wardrobe if you want.

I don't believe I've ever experienced Halloween in the Animal Crossing games I've owned. I tend to play by the day, not changing the time. I've got a copy of AC Wii on the way from Goozex, and you guys are making me want to switch it to Halloween-time.

And if anyone cares, the Animal Crossing: City Folk guide has dropped to $9.99 at GameStop.

[quote name='tkszeto']I've got an extra Vanity. I'll trade you for the wardrobe if you want.[/QUOTE]

Sure, one wardrobe. Anything else you're missing? That goes for everybody else, too. Any spooky duplicates I have are up for grabs.

Sorry I haven't been online much lately; I usually play right before I go to be on work nights, so I usually don't open up my gate.

For anyone who is thinking about time traveling to October 31, 2009, I have about 20-30 pieces of candy....
Also, for anyone who is interested, I still have most of the Egg Series and the Sweets Series.... they will both be going to Nook tomorrow morning... I would like to exchange the Sweets Series for some high-end equipment ie: Gold Fishing Rod, etc. Egg Series for a some flowers...

Let me know...

[quote name='CL-Insanity']For anyone who is thinking about time traveling to October 31, 2009, I have about 20-30 pieces of candy....
Also, for anyone who is interested, I still have most of the Egg Series and the Sweets Series.... they will both be going to Nook tomorrow morning... I would like to exchange the Sweets Series for some high-end equipment ie: Gold Fishing Rod, etc. Egg Series for a some flowers...

Let me know...[/QUOTE]
Cost of Sweets series: 1,434,000
Selling it to Nook: 358,500

700K for the full series? You could probably buy a golden tool with that on Gamefaqs or ACC. (I could hack you one, but trading hacked stuff for real stuff is dumb - why not just hack it myself?)

If you don't have all of them, I'm still interested, but not for the full 700K.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']For anyone who is thinking about time traveling to October 31, 2009, I have about 20-30 pieces of candy....

Let me know...[/QUOTE]

I'd like to time travel to Halloween, as long as there aren't any negative consequences.

Also, I got your letter. What kind of flowers do you want?

bread's done
Back