Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='Matt Young']I'd like to time travel to Halloween, as long as there aren't any negative consequences.

Also, I got your letter. What kind of flowers do you want?[/QUOTE]
Any flowers will do... I will send you all the candy tomorrow....
The only bad thing is you can't buy red turnips for I believe two weeks...
:cool:

[quote name='Doomed']Cost of Sweets series: 1,434,000
Selling it to Nook: 358,500

700K for the full series? You could probably buy a golden tool with that on Gamefaqs or ACC. (I could hack you one, but trading hacked stuff for real stuff is dumb - why not just hack it myself?)

If you don't have all of them, I'm still interested, but not for the full 700K.[/QUOTE]
I added you as a friend.... but still an open heart... you need to add me...

[quote name='CL-Insanity']
The only bad thing is you can't buy red turnips for I believe two weeks...
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Time Travelling Consequence

Time Travelling, which is when the player changes the time in Animal Crossing, has an effect on Joan selling her turnips. She will say she is out of stock which is seen as a punishment for if the player attempts to time travel. However, a glitch can be used to fix this. To fix this glitch, the main Wii/DS time must be changed fowards a minute, resynchronizing the game time with the console time. However, to buy Joan's turnips will require waiting a week until she visits again.
Another way to avoid this is by changing the console time. Changing the console's time changes the game's time, but not the other way around so there are no consequences.

Taken from: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Joan

On another note: How long do the mushrooms last? I think they only last this month from what I can remember about playing last year.

I seem to get 2 pieces of furniture a day out of the mushrooms. :p

Question: How common are Pachy Tails? I dug up 2 of them yesterday..... maybe it was 3.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']It seems that one of the five a day is part of the Mushroom Series....[/QUOTE]
I know I haven't added you yet, but this weekend I'm not busy at all. LMK a time and I should be able to make it.

Whoo! I finished my fossil collection!

On the other hand, I must have some sort of fungal blindness. I have a hard time finding the blasted mushrooms unless they're right out in the open.

Congratulations on the Fossil Collection!
They can be pretty hard to find, I have a hard time myself sometimes.I want to try and get the whole Mush Collection before the end of the month.

Okay so after sitting on my shelf for 6 months I've decided I'm gonna get back into this, right in time for the season change.

I'm also considering starting up my DS AC again, but I don't know if I can handle two at a time.

Man I can't believe AC:WW is almost 4 years old already.

I'm wiping out my friends list right now. Here's my infos:

If you add me either reply to this post with your info or PM me said information.

Thanks!

Okay so after sitting on my shelf for 6 months I've decided I'm gonna get back into this, right in time for the season change.

I'm also considering starting up my DS AC again, but I don't know if I can handle two at a time.

Man I can't believe AC:WW is almost 4 years old already.

I'm wiping out my friends list right now. Here's my infos:

If you add me either reply to this post with your info or PM me said information.

Name: Milton
Town Name: Mazuri
1118-3871-8845

Thanks!

[quote name='Doomed']Cost of Sweets series: 1,434,000
Selling it to Nook: 358,500

700K for the full series? You could probably buy a golden tool with that on Gamefaqs or ACC. (I could hack you one, but trading hacked stuff for real stuff is dumb - why not just hack it myself?)

If you don't have all of them, I'm still interested, but not for the full 700K.[/QUOTE]

Sweets is a pretty hideous furniture set. The chair and table look like cheap FOLD-UP junk.

If you're going to blow a lot of money on a furniture set from Gracie's, I suggest you spend it on Gorgeous or Princess.

Oh, and maximumzero, here's my town information:

Name:Zeebee
Town Name: Snowman
Friend Code: 4468-4717-8265

Last edited by a moderator:
So after not playing for a while I fired it up and was really depressed to see how worthless my neighbors are. I spent all of that time working on that town and I come back to find all of my flowers gone and weeds everywhere.

Really, why should I be the only one who does anything in that town? I spent hours and those NPCs couldn't water one flower?

Anyway if anyone wants to add me, I think I might start playing a little more again. I still need to collect a lot of stuff.

[quote name='FallMoon']Sweets is a pretty hideous furniture set. The chair and table look like cheap FOLD-UP junk.

If you're going to blow a lot of money on a furniture set from Gracie's, I suggest you spend it on Gorgeous or Princess.

Oh, and maximumzero, here's my town information:

Name:Zeebee
Town Name: Snowman
Friend Code: 4468-4717-8265[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Will add you tonight when I boot it up.

[quote name='maximumzero']Sweet! Will add you tonight when I boot it up.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing a lot recently so both of you add me if you want. Info in my signature... just let me know if you do!

You guys are free to add me... going to do a demand reponse mailing of all my "friends"... No letter back gets defriended... I am predicting a 70% deletion rate.

[quote name='maximumzero']Sweet! Will add you tonight when I boot it up.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I've finally added you. Sorry for taking so long.

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while...

I just added datura, FallMoon, ProfWho and maximumzero. My info is in my sig.

BTW - Does anyone have any extra Mush Set stuff? I've got an extra Mush Lamp if someone needs it.

[quote name='tkszeto']Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while...

BTW - Does anyone have any extra Mush Set stuff? I've got an extra Mush Lamp if someone needs it.[/QUOTE]

I don't need anything mushroom but I will add you next time I play ACCF which will likely be for a few minutes within the next hour or so.

[quote name='tkszeto']Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while...

BTW - Does anyone have any extra Mush Set stuff? I've got an extra Mush Lamp if someone needs it.[/QUOTE]

I was like "Did I get banned...?? Can't they see my posts? Why did they just skip over me..?"

Then I realized it was one of my favorite Animal Crossing Friends. :bouncy:

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I was like "Did I get banned...?? Can't they see my posts? Why did they just skip over me..?"

Then I realized it was one of my favorite Animal Crossing Friends. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's pretty funny. You know your always welcome in ponchik! :wave:

Edit - Oh yeah, so everyone knows, I'm normally online around 7 PM EST during the week, always check for open gates and leave my gate open as well.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Last call for what I have left of the Egg series.... also have a lot of the mushroom series including the Tv... Let me know....[/QUOTE]

Oh oh, Mush series mush series :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Me Me!!!!!

My wife is collecting this set :)

You've already given her so much stuff, anything we can give you in return? Looking for the Stego stuff you mentioned earlier, if we find them, we'll give em to you.

BTW - We are back to or old 7 pm est AC game time, so keep your eyes open for open gates!

I couldn't believe it!!!

Animal.jpg

This is so wrong. There's 30 freaking days to cough up 12 pieces, and then the sweetie wants a set, and oh no, they couldn't strew enough around and now the month is over half gone, and and and ....it's just not fair. Oh, and 4 end tables in 17 days. The hell. I might not even get a whole set!

So, all of you who are collecting shroom stuff, please keep your extras to the end of the month, because I'll bet we're all gonna have to trade to be happy-I don't want to start trading now since I get really stressed with visiting and socializing (yeah, really.) but I'll definitely get together with people on December 1 to finish up this set. Isn't that lamp pretty? It's so cool.

I seem to have a pile of Spooky extras that are laying about. If anyone wants the wallpaper, carpet, table, lamp, wardrobe, vanity, clock, dresser, or bookcase, let me know, because I'll chuck them in a week or so. I don't come on the computer often enough, so if you're pining for any Spooky stuff, please email me at

[email protected]

and I'll give you what you want, Spooky-wise.

I wonder if that turkey is going to cause me heartache, as well....

Just so everyone who has me on their friend list knows, I'm selling my Wii tomorrow. I had beaten pretty much all my games, and the only one I'd play was Animal Crossing. AC has become very tedious, however, and it seems that all there was to do was mind-numbingly water flowers every few days. I loved the game, but I guess I just got sick of it after 8 months. I'll be putting the money toward a PS3.

[quote name='Matt Young']Just so everyone who has me on their friend list knows, I'm selling my Wii tomorrow. I had beaten pretty much all my games, and the only one I'd play was Animal Crossing. AC has become very tedious, however, and it seems that all there was to do was mind-numbingly water flowers every few days. I loved the game, but I guess I just got sick of it after 8 months. I'll be putting the money toward a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Well, don't forget to hit me up... buying the family a ps3 for Christmas and already anticipating having to buy my own. Moving the 36 inch into the bedroom and should be finally upgrading to a 46 or 52 inch in the living room. The PS3 doubles as a blu-ray player, so I will be killing two birds with one stone.
----------------------------

In AC related news... I can't believe my town is now in great shape...

I'll likely not be able to afford the system until Christmas, anyway, since I'm broke except for the money I'm getting for the Wii. But I will definitely add you on there once we both have a PS3.

Turnips are selling for 141 in my town until noon. Opening my gates here in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Also added maximumzero, FallMoon, and datura to my friends. CL-Insanity and ProfWho were already on there. I don't think I'm missing anybody right now... Oh, and congrats on the town status, CL. :)

I'll see if I can add my Friend Code now. I haven't played in awhile o.o

I need to play it again today! At least for a little bit. :p

Wii code: 6942 2819 7092 5393

Name: Steve
Town: Cheery
Animal Crossing CF: 0732-4661-2003

Will add you guys later to.

tkszeto, you guys should have a kitten running around your town. Let me know when you want to bring her over to my town and I'll open the gates.

[quote name='Trillian']tkszeto, you guys should have a kitten running around your town. Let me know when you want to bring her over to my town and I'll open the gates.[/QUOTE]

Cool. We played for 1/2 today and didn't see a kitten... We'll go searching for it tomorrow and let you know once we find it.

I have now spent 3.5 hours chasing the turkey all over town, with that tune burned into my brain, and I'm still missing a piece or two.

I need: 1 Harvest TV, and 2 Harvest Sofas. That's it.

I have: at LEAST 1 of everything else.

I do have a pile of Spooky stuff if anyone is interested, but I'm not ready to trade on the Shroom furniture since the month isn't over. I could if you wanted to, I guess....

Anyway, email me when you want to trade, I know everyone is busy out there having a good time shopping, but it's not happening for me this year. I really need to be emailed since I don't come on the group that often, and I'd miss a PM. I just feel that I've had enough of chasing the turkey, and then being handed the same thing...besides, the tryptophan is making me pass out, and I can't do this until 9.

[email protected]

I couldn't seem to get a complete set out of Franklin before my eyelids slammed shut (I'd had a drink or two with dinner and was ready for a nap, okay?). But on further review, I'm not wild about the set anyway. Too girly. Zephyrsaurus, I've got a TV and I think one sofa for you, if you want it. I'll post a full list later on. All I'm looking for are some Nintendo-type stuff: the firestick, the 1-up and power mushrooms, the Metroid, or an Arwing. But if anybody doesn't have anything to trade, I'm willing to gift Harvest stuff.

EDIT: Here's what I've got for Harvest:

Mirror (2)
Table (2)
Sofa
Clock
Bed
TV
Dresser

[quote name='tkszeto']@Trillian - Sent you an Arwing!

Does anyone have any extra Western Theme for trade?[/QUOTE]

*squee* Thank you! And what are you looking for in Western? I've got some stuff cataloged.

[quote name='Trillian'] I'm not wild about the set anyway. Too girly. Zephyrsaurus, I've got a TV and I think one sofa for you, if you want it. I'll post a full list later on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was quite surprised to finally toss furniture in my house and see nothing but pink and purple stuff. I have no idea what that has to do with a Harvest theme - I was expecting...I dunno, grain bags, piles of wheat, maybe something utilizing a green tractor? My favorite flower arrangement outside is a bunch of pink and purple tulips, but an entire room is a bit odd....oh yeah, that's right, I have a niece who did her real bedroom in pink and purple Cheshire Cat stripes.

A good friend is helping me out with 2 Harvest Sofas,and I ended up finding a Harvest tv at the last minute, so thanks anyway! I'm waiting to hear back about the Shroom furniture though, since I'm lacking some things and have an excess of others. Love the shroom stuff.

[quote name='Trillian'][quote name='tkszeto']@Trillian - Sent you an Arwing!

Does anyone have any extra Western Theme for trade?[/QUOTE]

*squee* Thank you! And what are you looking for in Western? I've got some stuff cataloged.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CL-Insanity']What do you need??[/QUOTE]

I'm missing quite a lot, but I think it's such a cool set:

Western Vista
Western Desert
Western Fence
Saddle Fence
Well

Edit - I'll have to see what extra Mush stuff we've got for trade.

Yeah, I'm missing some Shroom stuff, too. We'll all have to do some swapping to get what we want, I think. Blasted mushrooms. All I'm missing is the dresser and chair, but I've got two extra walls, a floor, one lamp, a table, end table, and TV.

@tkszeto (and wife): I've ordered a well and a saddle fence out of my catalog for you. I'll send it your way tomorrow. I thought I had a vista in my dressers, but no luck there.

Gah! I'm doing it again! I missed both the thanksgiving event and the anniversary cake.

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I'm adding everyone that added me that I haven't added yet. (ow my head)

bread's done
Back