Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

D'oh, I think we have eveything kiddie, except the bed and lamp...

Edit - Our charm for the month is something about finding more items... We need someone to come to our town and plant a tree. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CL-Insanity']I will come plant a tree.... let me know when you will be on today...[/QUOTE]

Cool, we'll be on from around 6 pm est till around 7 pm est.

If that doesn't work , we can do another day as well.

Edit - Sorry, had to get off earlier and didn't giv eyou much warning. Tomorrow we can play later, let me know when you can go online.

Seriously, thread is really quiet.

My wife will be playing tomorrow (friday) at around 7:30 pm est if anyone wants to come visit (and plant a tree).

Don't forget the fishing tournament this saturday!

I haven't touched this game since November. I should touch it sooner or later. I won't be able to talk really much though if I go online (No Keyboard, or Wiispeak).

We should exchange friend codes, schedule times to play together, and then play together. Lol.

I've still been playing, but I've been sick the last few weeks with a lung infection, so I haven't been posting. CL-Insanity, did you still need that syraco head? I'm still keeping an eye out, but I was wrong about what kiddie stuff I had in my catalog. I'm sorry about that; I was thinking of the clock instead of the lamp.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm picking this up later today...are the people who posted in this thread still active with this game?[/QUOTE]

A few of us are.

I picked this up a couple weeks ago and put the disc in once and played for a bit. I want to start playing it some more, just cant put down Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex at the moment. I will get my friend code and put it on here and add some of you that are currently active with the game.

I'll hop on later today, need to deal with my town's frustration for my absence... But, I really need to study for my midterms next week as well. :/

'Grats bro. I don't think I have bought a Slingshot yet in Animal Crossing: City Folk. :/

I want to play, but I'm also lazy to just start the Wii up and play. I don't know why, I should just go and do it.

Just try to enjoy the game and you'll do fine.

The only advice I can give for making money (Bells) is to get the shells from the beach, look in the garbage bin at the Town Hall, dig stuff up from the ground, and do jobs from neighbors (they come up from time to time). You'll usually get furniture from your neighbors, if you don't need it sell it at Tom Nook's. :D

[quote name='CL-Insanity']
index.cfm
Happy New Years... anyone have this piece? I need the head to complete my collection.[/QUOTE]

Check your mail.

Played this game a lot over Christmas break, then once I got back into school, haven't really got into it. Hopefully I'll have some time today to play.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Can anyone recommend me the best FAQ and/or website for this game?

I've heard alliscrossing is decent...[/QUOTE]

I like Animal Crossing Community, especially if you want to meet new people.

Haven't been able to find any info, can you dig up a tree sapling and replant it elsewhere?

A coconut washed up ashore and I planted it next to my house...which is not where it needs to be to grow.

No, you can't dig up a tree sapling and replant it anywhere. (At least I don't think it's possible...) I never tried to plant a coconut, lol. Sounds interesting though.

I played this again last night, and to be honest I was surprised that Neighbors are still up around 10 pm. I'm used to them just sleeping and knocking on their door saying "I'm sleeping right now." This used to happen in the Gamecube version. Guess they changed it. I also encountered the ghost last night for the first time in this game. I was shocked to see him appear, and I'm glad I did. Now I don't have to weed the town!

EDIT: I am also going to start adding people's Wii Console Numbers and Animal Crossing FC's. I'll post mine as well. Post here or PM me if you add me. I will PM you if I add you.

Animal Crossing CF: 0732-4661-2003
Name: Steve
Town: Cheery

PM'd everyone I added, anybody wanna schedule a time to play together?

Turnips are selling for 527 right now. Nooks will be open for about another 50 minutes. Post here if you want to come to my town and I'll kick my wife off to open my gates.

Edit: Gates open. About 25 more minutes for Nook's.

Hello. I've been playing almost every day for the past year, and I somehow managed to nail a Perfect Town a few months ago. That's been fun since I never expected it to happen, but now I find myself tiring of watering all those flowers I planted in the first place. I want to get rid of at least 100 of them, all in one evening/day, preferably with one person on this board. I'll just run back and forth and dump a tonload of flowers in your town, and it's up to you to rearrange them to your heart's content.

I'll be tossing an awful lot of hybrids in your lucky direction, so you'll end up with really pretty things like purple/blue/orange pansies, pink/orange roses, pink/orange cosmos. I only have one blue rose, one white carnation, and one black cosmos, so you're not getting those. Oh, and you'll get the way-cool pink/purple/black tulips, and also some Jacob's Ladders!

I'm doing this because I can't sell them to Nook - they are too nice, and they ought to go to a good home. This is perfect for a person with a new town who will devote time to it - don't ask me if you're going to abandon your town after playing for two weeks and then let everything die. I can't help it if you do that, but it wouldn't be fair to someone else who would love to have a bunch of hybrids.

I don't monitor the group often enough, so if you're interested, please email me at
[email protected] and it's Pufftown 3566-7324-6358

and we'll set up a time and stuff. I'm available all the time due to depressing circumstances, so that ought to work out fine. Also, I know that maybe more than several of you will respond, and I'll likely go with the most enthusiastic/whatever. I'd like to be able to visit any of you and divvy up the flowers (yeah, it's a really nice bunch of flowers...really!) but I've got this....uh, anxiety problem...and yeah, I get really stressed even interacting with people online, although I'm quite happy afterwards when it's over. So, one of you won't kill me, but visiting all of you newbies would give me a friggin' stroke. Yes, I'm serious about that.

So, someone please relieve me of my watering burdens. Thanks.

No, you need to go tell the Guard Dog on the Right (Forget his name, lol) to open the gates. But, if you keep the game on and don't turn it off, the gates will stay open.

So I guess you can have your gates open 24/7, as long as you keep the game on for 24/7.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If I have WiiConnect 24/7 on, my gate is open all the time correct?[/QUOTE]

No. Your gate is only open if you explicitly (love using that word correctly) open it. I am forgetting what the dog on the right's name is at the gate at the very top center of your town. Talk to him and ask him to "invite friends."

:bouncy:

Really.
How are you guys going to nail that Perfect Town Rating if you don't have flowers? How are you going to catch that one huge weird butterfly (no, I can't remember what it's called) that is only attracted to purple and blue flowers? Hm? See, that's what got me started on all the hybrid flowers, and now they are growing at an exponential rate. You can only buy red, white, and yellow flowers, and all I want is to invade someone's town with armloads of 9 different colors of flowers.

If you need fruit, I have all 6 kinds of fruit, too. Aaaaannnnnnd, I can also give you a pile of Jingle, Mushroom, and Harvest furniture (about 10 pieces each). And a silver fishing rod. And a Pharoah mask!

3566-7324-6358

[quote name='Zephyrsaurus']Really.
How are you guys going to nail that Perfect Town Rating if you don't have flowers? How are you going to catch that one huge weird butterfly (no, I can't remember what it's called) that is only attracted to purple and blue flowers? Hm? See, that's what got me started on all the hybrid flowers, and now they are growing at an exponential rate. You can only buy red, white, and yellow flowers, and all I want is to invade someone's town with armloads of 9 different colors of flowers.

If you need fruit, I have all 6 kinds of fruit, too. Aaaaannnnnnd, I can also give you a pile of Jingle, Mushroom, and Harvest furniture (about 10 pieces each). And a silver fishing rod. And a Pharoah mask!

3566-7324-6358[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the fruit....not the flowers unfortunately. I'm not on AC as much as I should be and I doubt I'll EVER get a perfect town rating.

I'll add your FC later today and PM you.

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever get a Perfect Town Rating. I want to play everyday, but I can't since I just... don't feel up to it for some reason.

I would take the offer on the fruit as well, but my Wii is currently in a box ready to be shipped to Nintendo to fix it.

3566-7324-6358[/QUOTE]

I'd take you up on the flowers, but I'm getting tired of watering mine as it is. I'd kill for a sprinkler system. And the big butterfly is a Birdwing. But...is there a Jingle sofa that pile of furniture?

Let me check to see if there's a Jingle sofa...it seems that when it comes to nailing a whole furniture set, I'm either drowning in sofas, or coming up dry.

Yeah...just went crazy with all the flowers. But I recently went to Romeo's town, and it looks like he just stashed a bunch, and has 2 or so big plots of hybrids to keep and share, and that's it. Here I am, and I already have the perfect town (did not even try, it just happened...had no intention of even attempting it) and so that means I got the 3 things you get...the golden watering can, the Jacob's Ladder flowers, and also rare shrooms in November. So there's no reason to keep this up. I mean, a few months ago it would take me a whole straight half hour to do chores in town every day, and I've been playing for a year straight. Then again, it's not like I have a life right now.

3566-7324-6358[/QUOTE]

:) I do need a few more kinds of fruit! I'll have to add you when I get home after work... I'll send you a PM! I'm not a regular to the game...I only play once a week or so...no perfect town rating here! ;) But it'd be nice to have all the fruits.

Hi, everyone! I just got this game a few days ago and I was wondering if it is similar to Animal Crossing for the DS? I love AC on the DS.

I am still playing. We love this game. Also, my town is perfect and now I have made the decision to give up "perfect town rating" to make my town look great (except for grass of course) ....

I need to play this game some more. Next time I get on I will ad some of your friend codes and post mine here for everyone to add.

I have a USB Keyboard now, so I may play with you guys if you guys are ever up for playing. I mean, I still need to get my Wii back from Nintendo, but hopefully that'll be soon. I bet my people in my town have missed me, lol.

[quote name='Trillian'] I'd kill for a sprinkler system. But...is there a Jingle sofa that pile of furniture?[/QUOTE]

I checked, and yes, there is a Jingle Sofa gathering dust on what remains of my lawn. Post your friend code and mine is listed above, and I'll mail it to you. That should work.

You know, I think we should be able to install sprinklers for some huge amount of money, or hire one of the other animals to do the work. I see some of those bastards running around with a watering can, and I could definitely put them to work.

Ok, Trillian, I see your number there, and I'll add it and send you the Jingle Sofa.

And SuperDawn, go and post your friend code and even if you're not on that much I can send you fruit in the mail.

That does work, right? You just need each other's code to send mail back and forth, hm? You don't have visit and hold hands, do you? Well, we'll find out, now won't we.

[quote name='Zephyrsaurus']

That does work, right? You just need each other's code to send mail back and forth, hm? You don't have visit and hold hands, do you? Well, we'll find out, now won't we.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have a heart... :)

Started a new town and now I need new friends!

Town: HYRULE
Name: Joaquin
F.C: 4769-8848-6242

If you add me please P.M me your ACCF friend code!

Alright, so today I got my Nintendo Wii back, quite happy about that! So, I'll be playing AC:CF again, and Wa-Keen, I'll add you when I hop on AC:CF.

But, here's a question for all of you late-night AC:CF players: Is there a lot of stuff to do at night in City Folk? I mean, I went on one night and it seemed like a lot of my town's people were up.

bread's done
Back