Animal Crossing: New Leaf $34.99 on Amazon (Pre-order price guarantee)

[quote name='whoknows']This seems kind of tempting since more to play on 3DS is always good.

Someone explain to me what Animal Crossing is. I've watched gameplay, but I don't get it.[/QUOTE]
Animal Crossing is.... unique. I think closest game to it would probably be Harvest Moon.

[quote name='Rozz']You guys might not remember them because they were years ago, but the Wii Fit and Wild World shortages did happen (and both were worth tons of money on eBay at the time and easily flippable). They were similar to Fire Emblem in which they were sold out pretty much everywhere and most people's only options were to go online for overpriced copies. I had to wait until 2006 to get my copy of Wild World locally because it was difficult to find in many areas towards the end of 2005.

However, I would still buy a physical copy over digital anytime. I never thought I'd sell my original Animal Crossing games but I later ended up doing so because I felt that City Folk basically had the best features of both combined (besides the lack of NES games and the annoying "animal tracks" feature).[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry man, I've been working and buying Nintendo games since the Gamecube/GBA era and I don't remember any shortages like what Fire Emblem went through, especially not with Wild World. AFAIK it was never out of stock in any of the major retailers until after it went out of print. I can't find any articles/forums/old price listings/ect to back it up either. The only controversy I remember surrounding Wild World was a lot of people getting pissed about the overabundance of cheaters in the online community, and hackers that could go as far as ruining someone elses cart altogether with nothing more than an Action Replay during online gameplay.

I do remember the Wii Fit shortages and seeing them sell for a ton online, but you can't compare that to Fire Emblem. Wii Fit required the balance board; it wasn't simply a matter of printing new discs or carts. It's a totally different scenario, and I don't blame Nintendo for underestimating the demand that game had or for struggling to meet the demands considering that a balance board was required with every game. Fire Emblem Awakening is a totally different situation.

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']Animal Crossing is.... unique. I think closest game to it would probably be Harvest Moon.

I'm sorry man, I've been working and buying Nintendo games since the Gamecube/GBA era and I don't remember any shortages like what Fire Emblem went through, especially not with Wild World. AFAIK it was never out of stock in any of the major retailers until after it went out of print. I can't find any articles/forums/old price listings/ect to back it up either. The only controversy I remember surrounding Wild World was a lot of people getting pissed about the overabundance of cheaters in the online community, and hackers that could go as far as ruining someone elses cart altogether with nothing more than an Action Replay during online gameplay.

I do remember the Wii Fit shortages and seeing them sell for a ton online, but you can't compare that to Fire Emblem. Wii Fit required the balance board; it wasn't simply a matter of printing new discs or carts. It's a totally different scenario, and I don't blame Nintendo for underestimating the demand that game had or for struggling to meet the demands considering that a balance board was required with every game. Fire Emblem Awakening is a totally different situation.[/QUOTE]

Here's a thread on this forum discussing the Wild World shortage in late 2005/early 2006:

Great...Now Animal Crossing Wild World is Rare ATM!?!

And another thread here.

[quote name='rcerboss']Animal Crossing is.... unique. I think closest game to it would probably be Harvest Moon.[/QUOTE]

Which is why if Nintendo did a sort of "rune factory" spin on the franchise it would be like crack in a cartridge!!

I don't understand why some of you insist on bringing up the NES games like it was a major selling point of the original Animal Crossing. It was a neat bonus, but hardly why I would play Animal Crossing in the first place.

[quote name='Teeheehee']I don't understand why some of you insist on bringing up the NES games like it was a major selling point of the original Animal Crossing. It was a neat bonus, but hardly why I would play Animal Crossing in the first place.[/QUOTE]

They weren't the reason to play Animal Crossing, but they were a significant part of the reason to keep coming back to Animal Crossing for months.

1. Hit the shore to collect shells to sell.
2. Gather newly ripened fruit to sell.
3. Run a few errands for some items/special activities.
4. Play some Donkey Kong/Clu Clu Land/Excitebike/Wario's Woods, etc.

[quote name='rcerboss']Animal Crossing is.... unique. I think closest game to it would probably be Harvest Moon.

I do remember the Wii Fit shortages and seeing them sell for a ton online, but you can't compare that to Fire Emblem. Wii Fit required the balance board; it wasn't simply a matter of printing new discs or carts. It's a totally different scenario, and I don't blame Nintendo for underestimating the demand that game had or for struggling to meet the demands considering that a balance board was required with every game. Fire Emblem Awakening is a totally different situation.[/QUOTE]

Wii Fit shortage was a conspiracy to keep gamers fat. Same with original wii & wii sports.

When the product's not sold out, they're failing, and when it is, they're evil & greedy. There's no way to win.

bread's done
Back