Animal Crossing New Leaf

Gates open for anyone who needs to sell turnips. Don't mind the one path that leads to the river. The new bridge gets built tomorrow after Baabara blocked the other entrance of the bridge.

Thanks!  I now have enough money to pay off my house on April 1st.  (I'm saving my money to get the .05% income from the bank.

Yeah thanks a bunch. Paid off my lighthouse finally. So jealous of all those villager pictures because I only got my third one today. Marshal moved in June 11th and I only just got his picture today. Which as a heads up to anyone I will have an extra Marshal picture to trade come April Fools if everything goes well.

Sure! No problem. But probably not today because I'm holding a lazy camper hostage and making him buy my island bugs :twisted:
LOL, no worries. It's raining in Boxden and I'm trying to catch Coelacanth with this opportunity! If anyone still needs to sell turnips just let me know.

So...last Sunday I went out and bought a retail copy for my OG 3DS, so I now have an extra town to use. I won't give away its' friend code since it's for private use (aka lots of time travel for manipulation of other things like Weeds/Villagers/Messing around).  What I found out was that after you get a lot of weeds you can find Leif in town and he asks you to play a mini-game to pick up weeds (because the Weed-pulling God abandoned the town or something).  What's it for...I don't know. I reset for the Reset Center :S but since it's there consistently  I want to see if I can do it soonish.

I decided to get all of the Zodiac items because those suck to get, as well as nearly all of the Gyroids somehow. I'm like 26 short or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...last Sunday I went out and bought a retail copy for my OG 3DS, so I now have an extra town to use. I won't give away its' friend code since it's for private use (aka lots of time travel for manipulation of other things like Weeds/Villagers/Messing around). What I found out was that after you get a lot of weeds you can find Leif in town and he asks you to play a mini-game to pick up weeds (because the Weed-pulling God abandoned the town or something). What's it for...I don't know. I reset for the Reset Center :S but since it's there consistently I want to see if I can do it soonish.

I decided to get all of the Zodiac items because those suck to get, as well as nearly all of the Gyroids somehow. I'm like 26 short or so.
You mind if I can catalog the zodiac pieces?

Finally caught that damn Coelacanth. One more fish I don't have to deal with that catch anymore.

So...last Sunday I went out and bought a retail copy for my OG 3DS, so I now have an extra town to use.
This is the only game i have ever bought more than once to play two copies at the same time. Hmm....counting my wife's, I have bought this 3 times. Wow.

So, i have been actively collecting pics since Saturday. I am up to 85 not counting special pics. Hoping for a big trade/buy opportunity next week.

This is the only game i have ever bought more than once to play two copies at the same time. Hmm....counting my wife's, I have bought this 3 times. Wow.

So, i have been actively collecting pics since Saturday. I am up to 85 not counting special pics. Hoping for a big trade/buy opportunity next week.
I have an extra of Midge's Pic and Bubble's Pic if you have a couple of extras to trade?

So apparently the villagers will start dropping random facts about themselves starting today. Take note of these facts because they will be used on April Fools Day.

I have Midge, but not Bubbles. Here is what I have extras of:

Tangy
Muffy x2
Pashima x2
Beau x2
Filbert x2
Wolfgang
Kyle
Hamphrey
Cobb
Portia
Bella
Cole
Blanca

Better than the people who have bought 100 copies of Pokemon when they are all exactly the same game.

I have Midge, but not Bubbles. Here is what I have extras of:

Tangy
Muffy x2
Pashima x2
Beau x2
Filbert x2
Wolfgang
Kyle
Hamphrey
Cobb
Portia
Bella
Cole
Blanca
Its between Beau, Portia and Blanca...
obamahmmw.png

I think I'll go Beau's Pic for Bubble's Pic.

I have an extra of Midge's Pic and Bubble's Pic if you have a couple of extras to trade?
If you don't find a good place for bubbles pic I would appreciate it. She was in my town but left.

Even sadder is curlos who just moved out randomly. I was hoping to get his/her pic (still not sure if its a dude or not) on april fools day but now that wont happen. I don't really want to time travel to risk anything else happening although I am still looking into it because curlos was one of my favorite characters and I have had him since I started playing almost a year ago now.

Is this your first Animal Crossing game?
This is my second, I also had the Gamecube one.

But this one is completely different than the GC one, there is so much more added. Pokemon literally has two of the exact same games, but a few Pokemon look different every generation, and sometimes 4+ every generation.

It would be like having an AC New Leaf and AC Old Leaf and the only difference is the beach fruit in one game is banana and in the other it's coconut.

I'll stop by and get her with the Yolovile FC. Give me about 30 minutes or so if you have time within the next hour to open up.
Are you able to come by later tonight? I only have a few minutes left right now but can open up again later.

This is my second, I also had the Gamecube one.

But this one is completely different than the GC one, there is so much more added. Pokemon literally has two of the exact same games, but a few Pokemon look different every generation, and sometimes 4+ every generation.

It would be like having an AC New Leaf and AC Old Leaf and the only difference is the beach fruit in one game is banana and in the other it's coconut.
Spoilering the wall of text my response turned into.

Funny you mention the beach fruit, because New Leaf actually does that without using a 2nd version. The game randomly decides whether your island will have bananas or coconuts, and you have to either hope a villager (or Mom) sends you the other or get it from another player. Bit different from Pokemon in that you have a chance to get the other fruit within your own game, except (I believe) non-native perfect ones. Nintendo could presumably release a single Pokemon game that randomly picks (or gives the player the choice of) which set of Pokemon are available which would serve the same purpose as the paired games, though there have been some game pairs where the changes were more than just Pokemon availability (and I'm not counting the Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum versions, which are more like extended cuts of their predecessors). Might have been tougher to pull off back in the days of the original Gameboy, and probably still done for series tradition sake. I also think the paired games was part of the reason the series caught on as well as it did in the beginning.

Though I wasn't quite sure if you were referring to the paired games within a generation, or comparing games in the series across generations. There has been a progression from generation to generation in Pokemon (primarily with the battle mechanics) that's not too dissimilar to Animal Crossing. Going from the Gamecube version to New Leaf is a bit of a jump, but I don't think it's quite as apparent for those that played Wild World and City Folk in between. There are a number of new features in New Leaf (ordinances, swimming and badges among them), but a lot of additions from the (US) Gamecube game are expansions of things that appeared in Wild World, City Folk and the e+ version of the Japanese Gamecube game (public works projects, silver tools, salon).

Don't get me wrong, I love both series. Since 2000, I've put more time into Pokemon games than any other series, and the only other series that might top my Animal Crossing playtime is Gears of War. Those 3 series are as much of a reason why I have a backlog as this site is for finding games on the cheap to pick up. From the outside, both Animal Crossing and Pokemon both look like they're pretty much the same game being pushed out each time, similar to accusations levied against annual sports and CoD releases. I recognize there's some merit to that, especially if they're played too closely together. I didn't feel City Folk was enough of a new experience compared to Wild World, and only played it for a few months. Some of that was because I'd played Wild World for 2-3 years and was still feeling burned out on it. The 4 year gap between playing City Folk and New Leaf, plus the fact that New Leaf was portable and didn't tie up the TV, made it feel fresher than if I'd jumped from City Folk right into New Leaf. I've played New Leaf every day since release, and am still enjoying it despite completing most of the objectives the game provides. I'm curious how I'd react to a Wii U version, depending on when it would release.

My point was simply we get one of the same game the same generation and not two like Pokemon.

And while you do get random fruit, even your town fruit is random, there isn't two (or 10) versions of AC each one having different fruits.  You can still get all the different tropical fruit within the one game by taking fruit from the island mini games.

I'm also curious to what they do with the Wii U version.  I find it funny that everyone is talking about Nintendo removing the gamepad thing from the system, AC would make amazing use of it if Nintendo isn't stupid (which is yet to be seen).

I have several 3DS games and I still play AC the most, however I also really love Mario 3D Land.

Explicit, I'll be available tonight so just let me know when you need me to open.

Question for anyone. I've been looking into why my town tree in the event plaza is still so small. What constitutes a day for the requirements? I've had the game since launch so over 215 days in my activity log with animal crossing and have played for 116 hours and still haven't gotten the tree with the vine that starts at 100 days and 100 hours. Trivial stuff I know but any insight?

Explicit, I'll be available tonight so just let me know when you need me to open.
I can stop by right now.

Also, in Boxden I'm giving away the Mario/Nintendo themed items. I know we have some new people playing who might want these and us who've been playing since day one as well who might want some of these. Just let me know if you do.

Yoshi's Egg
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Fire Flower
Bill Blaster
Super Mushroom
Coin
Block
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Arwing
Virtual Boy

I can stop by right now.

Also, in Boxden I'm giving away the Mario/Nintendo themed items. I know we have some new people playing who might want these and us who've been playing since day one as well who might want some of these. Just let me know if you do.

Yoshi's Egg
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Fire Flower
Bill Blaster
Super Mushroom
Coin
Block
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Arwing
Virtual Boy
My code is:

4597-0828-2747

I'm opened right now.

Last edited:
I can stop by right now.

Yoshi's Egg
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Fire Flower
Bill Blaster
Super Mushroom
Coin
Block
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Arwing
Virtual Boy
I need a Coin, Super Mushroom, and fire flower. If no one wants any of them.

This is what I have left of the Mario/Nintendo items that are up for grabs.

Yoshi's Egg
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Bill Blaster
Block
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Arwing
Virtual Boy

This is what I have left of the Mario/Nintendo items that are up for grabs.

Yoshi's Egg
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Bill Blaster
Block
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Arwing
Virtual Boy
I wouldn't mind stopping by for some.

bread's done
Back