Animal Crossing New Leaf

Wish I would have preordered now. Can't find any in store anywhere I've checked so far.
Yeah, I think Nintendo underestimated demand for this one, I went to two Gamestops that only got enough in for Pre-Orders and finally got the last copy at FYE.
My Best Buy had 15+ copies

FC: 0447-5036-0419

Name: Anna

Fruit: Oranges

Town: Le Sauk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a blast with the game so far. When I went to Wal-Mart this morning they didn't even have it out on the shelf yet but luckily the lady in electronics knew it was supposed to be out today so she went to the back to get it. I just planted my first Perfect Orange. I was surprised at how nice the online is for this.
Oh god you are lucky, the last time I tried to get a Sunday Nintendo release at Walmart the idiot kept trying to tell me that game releases ONLY come out on Tuesdays.

Added everybody in the link and added my info in there as well

My best buy had at least 10 copies as well.

I haven't played an animal crossing since the first one. It feels just as good as that one and I can tell there's a lot more to do in this one.

I ended up getting the guide as well which I'm reading as I type this.

I was extremely addicted to the GC animal crossing and I'm scared how much time I'm going to spend fishing and accessorizing in this one.

Picking a town layout is new, yeah. You get a choice of 3, so if you think your town has too much water, it might be good to start over. I was lucky and got a choice between 2 maps that had 2 bends and a map that had 3. I went with the 3-bend map so I could visit every part of the beach.

I have Pears in my town. I'm wondering what everyone else got.
I started playing the game earlier, but now I realize that there's a part of the beach in my game that I can't access. There's no ramp down there. It bugs me to see beachy items I can't get to, so I'm going to retstart the game and get a different layout. Hadn't really done anything yet, so not worried about time lost.

Hmm, anyone know if it takes Gamestop awhile to put up a digital download code on their site? I see the cart is available now but not the download. 

I have ~$100 in credit at GS so I want to buy it from there, but I want a digital copy. 

I posted my info on the spreadlink, i am about to add everyone as of this post will add more of you later.

Is the fishing pole something that just randomly shows up for sale? I can't seem to just buy one.

I keep feeling like this game should allow you to take pictures to share like via Swapnote or something. I guess I've gotten spoiled with Style Savvy letting me do this.

Edit: You CAN take pictures, it looks like. When you hold L and R together. Not sure how to access them yet.

I just have the shovel and net in my nook-mart. I have a land issue to where the beach gets cutt off and I see seashells that I cant get oh well I'm at around 7,500 bells into getting the downpayment. I'm settling into PonyTown and I got triple bananas (must be from mario kart) from the fortune cookie and the rainbow screen from the mail place as a downloadable goodie

Name: Canti

Town: Manabe

FC: 4124-5102-6615

Fruit: Cherries

Only available during day (before 6PM EST GMT-5)

Took me an hour to get a town layout I like (central town hall, re-tail, and square, an S winding river, and beach with cove you can only access by swimming). First day I payed off my initial house, bought everything from the three stores (to catalog), and sent lots of mail presents. Looking forward to a real house tomorrow ^^

I got the net and shovel today. hoping for fishing pole soon.
Keep talking to Isabelle and do what she asks. She will eventually ask if you want to go fishing (or choose bug hunting if you already have a pole). Talk to her again after that, say you couldn't find a pole/net, and she will sell you one.

I've got three oranges left if anyone needs any.  I need any fruit besides oranges, peaches and apples.  If you keep speaking with Isabelle she will give you another type of fruit.  Also thanks for the tip on speaking to Isabelle to get a bug catching net.  I now have a pole, shovel and net!  I will be opening the gate up in my town in a little while.

Fun Fact:  You can talk to Isabelle about how to improve your life in your town, and she'll sell you stuff you don't have in order to complete her tasks.  At the end, she gives you a watering can.

I'm all in! Added everyone.

FC: 4253-3501-3218
Name: Matthew
Town: Warwick

On a side note, I bought the game digitally this morning and was playing when my son and wife started watching. Needless to say my wife wound up running out to Wal-Mart for two more copies (TrU and Targetvwere both sold out) for them. Damn you Nintendo!

If I supply my 3ds code will all you AC people add me? Looking to dive into some community play. Ill add your codes too. How exactly does multiplayer work? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.
If I supply my 3ds code will all you AC people add me? Looking to dive into some community play. Ill add your codes too. How exactly does multiplayer work? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

Okay. Added everyone on the list. I'm on the list too under Opus. How do we open gates? Can someone visit my town right now? Want to see what this looks like. This is so neat.
Okay. Added everyone on the list. I'm on the list too under Opus. How do we open gates? Can someone visit my town right now? Want to see what this looks like. This is so neat.

I should be receiving my copy in the next day or two, this will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game. 

Friend Code: 0662-3070-1455

Edit: Just noticed the spread sheet and added my information, also adding everyone to my friend's list now. 

Did the fortune cookie and I got a stereo system! It's in my tent!

So I got a question. I'm collecting bugs, shells and the little bit of fossils offered. What else should I be doing. My house is being built tomorrow. There has to be tons of other stuff to do.

Just added my info to the spreadsheet, and adding everyone. For the fortune cookie with #23 I got a Super Star from Mario.

Friend code: 4124-5509-6700 (oranges)

im planning on restarting my town. played last night but felt like my layout wasnt as efficient as i originally thought. put my house at the edge of town near the coast. want to start with my house in the middle and near the town hall . hopefully between river so i could fish easily. hehe!

my initial fruit is cherry. but after a while i also felt that it didnt look nice and wanted to try and get pear or oranges.

whats your native fruit? 

My friends and I just spent the last 13 hours together playing the game on and off. Got up to over 100K bells, though I don't really like to time travel so I'm still on the first today, got the fishing rod today. Definitely enjoyed the first day though. The Best Friend system is also really nice. It's actually a realtime messaging system, which the 3DS is sorely missing. A shame it's only in one game. 

So far so good. Sharks sure are worth a lot. Got $15k for one at re-tail.

Friend Code: 4398-9465-8673 (new friend code, discard the previous one I posted if you added that one previously)

Name: Brett

Town: Moralton

Fruit: Oranges

I finally got to play when I got home tonight. Unfortunately it's too late now and all the shops are closed, so I can't actually do much since I don't have the shovel. Fun game, I just wish they didn't program it like this.

Did the fortune cookie and I got a stereo system! It's in my tent!

So I got a question. I'm collecting bugs, shells and the little bit of fossils offered. What else should I be doing. My house is being built tomorrow. There has to be tons of other stuff to do.
Once you get 100% approval from your citizens, you can start building public works projects to get more stuff in your town, as well as change the type of town you want.

There's also an island you unlock that has mini-games and other things to do.

I finally got to play when I got home tonight. Unfortunately it's too late now and all the shops are closed, so I can't actually do much since I don't have the shovel. Fun game, I just wish they didn't program it like this.
Change the time to match your schedule.

I've already added quite a few, but the more the merrier.

My FC: 5155 - 3066 - 8042

And send me a PM with you FC so I make sure to add you back.

Also, @spmahn, at some point you will be able to choose how you want your town setup in terms of store hours, being the mayor and all. The option isn't available right away, but I'm assuming it will pop up relatively soon. That way, you don't have to change the actual time.

Your assistant will offer to sell you some items eventually if you can't get them in the stores. Shake some trees to get some bells. Once you get the shovel you'll also be able to hit rocks for bells. once you find a rock that produces bells keep hitting it until it runs out. Should get you enough bells to get most of the tools tonight.

Edit: woops, apparently the assistant won't sell you a shovel. That's too bad. Guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Or visit someone else's town who'll let you borrow their tools.

OK added myself to the list

I keep feeling like this game should allow you to take pictures to share like via Swapnote or something. I guess I've gotten spoiled with Style Savvy letting me do this.

Edit: You CAN take pictures, it looks like. When you hold L and R together. Not sure how to access them yet.
Is there an easy way to tweet these? Or email them to myself? Must I remove my SD card? @__@

Managed to do first down payment but I think that's all I can accomplish for now. I do think it's a little silly that you can stack fruit but not other items (and even then only stacks of 9). I guess I'll check back tonight and see how things are.
What? You can stack fruit!? And here I've been dumping whenever all my slots get full...

Wish I would have preordered now. Can't find any in store anywhere I've checked so far.
I picked up my son's copy at GS today and they said they were oversold on preorders and couldn't even fulfill them all. I will have an extra copy coming if anyone wants it at cost. I had a preorder at Amazon that I forgot about. I was just going to return it to GS but I can ship it off to a CAG for $35 + shipping.

I've been enjoying this a lot so far. Got it from the eShop at midnight, so I was able to get things started and do a little collecting before going to bed. Got back in this morning and went through all of my trees, got a bunch of coins, and did not get stung once by bees. Got enough bells to put down the first payment on my house, which will be ready tomorrow. Now I'm just going to fish for a bit to build up the museum.

FC: 1375-7362-2950
Yeah, I haven't even had a chance to pay off Nook - that bastard needs to have better hours. I played last night and by the time I was done with stuff today and back home playing again he was closed again already. WTF!?

Also, I think the very first day it is generous with bells from trees and doesn't allow bees. Because I got bells from 7 or 8 (maybe more) trees last night and no bees so I thought bees weren't appearing at night. Boy was I wrong - tonight I got stung FOUR times and only found bells in like 3 trees. I was trying to catch the bees since I'd never been able to do that before in previous versions. I'll keep at it ;).

And do'h - I was hoping to do a little visiting (and get some non-native fruit) but no one has gates open. Oh well...

For anyone who wanted to add me: 3308-4703-1786

Pleasure playing with you tonight, VIle. :)
Likewise, Kirin! Thanks for the apple!

Also, I guess I'll drop my FC here but I think I may not add people back unless you chimed in in the Swapnote Stationary thread lol. FC in sig!

If you haven't already, visit the post office and check for presents to get a free "rainbow screen" from Nintendo.

I'm happy to say my Friend Code is: 3437.3203.9690

For those of you who'll add me, please PM me so I don't miss you! I'll add you back when I get some free time at work.

*Have Apples

bread's done
Back