Animal Crossing New Leaf

I'm slowly adding everyone from the spreadsheet. Turnips are 91 bells in my town if anyone is interested. Also wondering if anyone would be interested in trading some fruit? I have peaches and would love to grow some foreign fruit orchards.
I''ll take some turnips at that price. I'll bring some fruit.
Rocking. I'll open my gate in a few minutes.

I've added everyone up to 41 on the spreadsheet except for those that needed me to put in names. I wasn't quite sure what was up with that when a good chunk of folks' info popped up when I added them. Can anyone enlighten me on why that was?

edit: Gate's open.
When it asks you to enter a name, it means that person has not added your code in yet. If someone had already entered your code, their info will show when you enter theirs.

Added my town and friend code to the document.  as the note says, just please don't destroy trees/tree stumps/flowers.  other than that, come on in.

I have to run in a second, so i only entered io, doomed, courageous, and bezerker.  feel free to add me.  just let me (pm) know so i can add you back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you pay off your first house yet?
Yeah. I actually just paid off my first expansion today.
I think that may be the main trigger point, so you'll probably see him in a few days.
I heard it was after your second expansion was paid off.
Yeah I finally got Tortimor to show up today, so I'll be able to go to the island tomorrow.

Was also able to finally pass the night owl ordinance, so I'll be able to play more at night.

Sorry to the people who were in my town earlier. Should have saved before I went afk. 4 player rooms seem more prone to crashing it seems.

It's raining in my town and the gate's open.

Edit: Still open. People that I didn't add yet but who added me can still come, right? I need to get on that.

Last edit: closed up, no luck on catching a coelacanth today.

Played around a bunch on the island today doing the tour games (got the Gold ranking in all the available ones currently) and fishing etc.

Sorry I haven't had my gate open--been at my girlfriend's the past couple of days and her DSL is having issues and drops every few minutes then comes right back--so impossible to stay online for gaming.

Ok was able to get a decent map layout and fruit.  I set the cartridge time to last week and have been setting the clock several hours later when ever I play. 

I'm "up to Thursday" now.  Crazy Redd is in town and it seems like both paintings he has are real but I can only buy one (both scuptures are fake).  Are certain paintings harder to acquire than others? 

Anyone know how the Best Buy spot pass thing works? We don't seem to be getting anything. Where would it show in your town? The sign is up at this store mentioning the promo...

Anyone know how the Best Buy spot pass thing works? We don't seem to be getting anything. Where would it show in your town? The sign is up at this store mentioning the promo...
I believe it's through the Nintendo Zone app, not the game itself.

The gates of Gotham are open. I won't be paying attention, but the price of selling turnips is 153 bells as of earlier. (I'm on Monday afternoon in my town).

The gates of Gotham are open. I won't be paying attention, but the price of selling turnips is 153 bells as of earlier. (I'm on Monday afternoon in my town).
Redd is currently here. Has 3 paintings. I think the Jolly is fake while the other 2 (famous and fine) look real to me.

Just got my racoon clock at bestbuy. Hehe! You just have to be in game when you go to bestbuy and head over to the post office. Afterwhich you just select the wheres my present option. Itll take awhile to connect just be patient and after that shell give uou the clock!

Yeah. had no idea there even was such a thing. We finally found that, though, and it didn't do anything.

Just got my racoon clock at bestbuy. Hehe! You just have to be in game when you go to bestbuy and head over to the post office. Afterwhich you just select the wheres my present option. Itll take awhile to connect just be patient and after that shell give uou the clock!
fuck-ing A - fuck Best Buy and their fuck-ing web site that doesn't even have a page for the promo.

Yeah, their posters for the promo say to go to:

http://www.bestbuy.com/animalcrossing

PAGE DOES NOT EXIST!

The thing is I DID start up the game and went to the post office and it just gave me an error because it couldn't connect to the Internet (since there is no free wireless there). So how did you get it that way?

Stupid idiots running this promo without any damn instructions (or a web site that actually works) :bomb:.

[quote name="io" post="10837058" timestamp="1371440822"][quote name="prim4444" post="10836765" timestamp="1371433623"][quote name="io" post="10836755" timestamp="1371433128"]Anyone know how the Best Buy spot pass thing works? We don't seem to be getting anything. Where would it show in your town? The sign is up at this store mentioning the promo...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. had no idea there even was such a thing. We finally found that, though, and it didn't do anything.

fuck-ing A - fuck Best Buy and their fuck-ing web site that doesn't even have a page for the promo.

Yeah, their posters for the promo say to go to:

http://www.bestbuy.com/animalcrossing

PAGE DOES NOT EXIST!

The thing is I DID start up the game and went to the post office and it just gave me an error because it couldn't connect to the Internet (since there is no free wireless there). So how did you get it that way?

Stupid idiots running this promo without any damn instructions (or a web site that actually works) :bomb:.[/quote]

It did give me an connection error the 1st time. i Went out of the post office and went back inside and just tried again. Thats when it connected. Took a while though probably almost 30 sec "checking content" screen before it finally finished. And FYI i didnt have the nintendo zone signal blinking in the main menu. I was at near the 3ds display unit when i did it so im not sure it was the unit itself that gave me the item via the streetpass or spotpass

Still raining today, but going to open my gate for the next 30 minutes or so if someone wants to fish with me.

Edit: Actually, going to leave it open overnight if anyone wants to try going for a Coelacanth

It did give me an connection error the 1st time. i Went out of the post office and went back inside and just tried again. Thats when it connected. Took a while though probably almost 30 sec "checking content" screen before it finally finished. And FYI i didnt have the nintendo zone signal blinking in the main menu. I was at near the 3ds display unit when i did it so im not sure it was the unit itself that gave me the item via the streetpass or spotpass
It would have been nice if their posters that talked endlessly about the promo actually had instructions on how to get the items. Or failing that, their web site could have actually existed! it's not like I didn't spend 45 minutes trying to figure it all out.

I took a picture of one of the posters - will put it up in a bit.

It was just frustrating because me and my son went all the way up there just for that and came away empty.

Wow, I cleaned up on the island tonight.  I went online with it but it was just my bug hunting for the most part that did it.  When I went back each load I brought to Resale went for about 60k.  By each load I mean that I could carry - so about 4 trips between the full cage on the dock and Resale went a long way towards paying off that upstairs expansion.

There is definitely much faster bell farming in this game than the previous ones thanks to that island.  Nearly every tree would have one of the big beetles and there were lots of Emperor Butterflies (worth 2500 each).

So.. When do we get K.K.?  I thought about that on Saturday.  Do we have to build a coffee shop?  I'm on my 3rd bridge now but never saw a coffee shop option.

K.K. comes with Club LOL, which becomes a public work project after you get 6 signatures in a town after you upgrade Nookington Junction once.

I'll have an upgraded Nook's tomorrow, the Dream Suite, and quite possibly the store next to Able Sisters (not the Flower Shop).

I still have no word on the Museum Shop, Shampoodle's, Club LOL, the Reset Center or the Cop...thing.

Redd visited my town and I checked online for a guide to see what is fake. Apparantly the neutral painting can be faked while the one guide said there is no chance of it being fake because I got a fake. Well guess I have to wait a week.

Unlocked the island last night, I am hoping to start really farming now. Any tips or strategies to start farming easily or does anyone have a routine that gets them a lot of bells?

K.K. comes with Club LOL, which becomes a public work project after you get 6 signatures in a town after you upgrade Nookington Junction once.

I'll have an upgraded Nook's tomorrow, the Dream Suite, and quite possibly the store next to Able Sisters (not the Flower Shop).

I still have no word on the Museum Shop, Shampoodle's, Club LOL, the Reset Center or the Cop...thing.
For the Museum Shop, it's one of each item donated, plus 20 total items donated and you have to talk to blathers on 14 different days. For the Reset Center, you just have to reset your game once without saving for the project to come up.

Found out the hard way to get the Reset center:
literally reset the game without saving. When you start up he'll make an appearance and then it's a public works option.

I just started this game and by reading what everyones up to I feel like I'm sooo behind. Hopefully i can add some of y'all and vice versa. Cant wait to get home so i can post my info.

Dang it, can't connect at work. Wanted to leave gates open during day. Going to post in 3ds tech bc no pop up means I can't login to work wifi.

Got a tarantula the other day. I thought they were worth more, but retail only offered me 8000 for it.

Got this game last night Target was sold out and walmart only had one copy luckily I was able to get this copy.

I'm enjoying the game so far Animal crossing is one of my favorite games.

No friendcode yet, but my town name is Ezomatsu named it after a tree.

I named my character Saya after my shiba inu.

I still have my $20 giftcard for target so I'll probably use that on pokemon Y unless somewhere else has good deal on it or pre order bonus.

Anyone have any luck using the 'Move In' option? Basically, I finally got the 3DS XL LE and wanted to move my brother's file over. His file is cleared to move, but the receiving town file doesn't have the 'Move In' option on the opening screen. Is this because thew new file already has a mayor set up? Web searches turn up conflicting answers. Understandably, this is a feature that not many will be using.

Boo, i just left Best Buy because i couldnt figure out how to get it to work.  I'm going by a different store tomorrow so i guess ill try my luck then.

*EDIT*

It also looks like I accidentally sold my fishing rod and I think i just spotted one of the 15k fish in my lake. FML

Okay, I'm a liar. I can't search properly on my phone. The 3ds xl seems to block pop ups and that appears to be keeping me from logging in correctly. I try to accept to govt wifi but it just keeps reloading the same "do you accept fur tos" screen. Error 003-1102. Looked the error code up and it's not quite right. If anyone is at all familiar with what I'm encountering, I'd appreciate your input.

For those having trouble at Best Buy it may be on their end. I spoke with the Nintendo rep on Saturday (during the E3/WiiU demo event), and was told none of the BB stores in town (3 of them) have working Nintendo Zones because of WiFi conflicts in the stores. This has been the case for a while (before he took over), and he said they were working on it but didn't expect it fixed before the first distribution (Raccoon Clock) was over.

So I may be looking at a 2 hour road trip to get the clock.

A bit off topic, but Nendoroid Isabelle figure coming out in Japan this October:

Shizue (Isabelle) Nendoroid (October 2013):
Mr7WyAS.jpg

Shizue Nendoroid from AmiAmi (2790 JPY, ~$31): http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-9524

Check out the Japanese VG Figure Thread if interested: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/279912-japanese-vg-figure-thread-link-samus-re-rel-sept-sonic-re-rel-oct-link-rah-nov/

Do you guys buyout all the items daily? Ive been doing it for the last week. Hardly enough storage space in my closet now. Grrr! Is there anyway to hoard more items? Or does the game want you to sell or give out your items away?

Anyway. ive been buying stuff coz ive read that stores upgrade based on sales theyve made. So i guessed the more you buy the faster they upgarde.

Im the type of gamer that likes to keep at least one copy of everything in-game. And this limited storage is bugging me.

Do you guys buyout all the items daily? Ive been doing it for the last week. Hardly enough storage space in my closet now. Grrr! Is there anyway to hoard more items? Or does the game want you to sell or give out your items away?

Anyway. ive been buying stuff coz ive read that stores upgrade based on sales theyve made. So i guessed the more you buy the faster they upgarde.

Im the type of gamer that likes to keep at least one copy of everything in-game. And this limited storage is bugging me.
I hear that somewhere down the road you get access to a catalog that has anything you've had in your inventory available for ordering (I assume this means furniture and clothing)

I buy everything to complete the catalog. I keep the best for myself, then mail the rest to neighbors so that I can hopefully receive something different in return and further fill the catalog.

Do you guys buyout all the items daily? Ive been doing it for the last week. Hardly enough storage space in my closet now. Grrr! Is there anyway to hoard more items? Or does the game want you to sell or give out your items away?Anyway. ive been buying stuff coz ive read that stores upgrade based on sales theyve made. So i guessed the more you buy the faster they upgarde. Im the type of gamer that likes to keep at least one copy of everything in-game. And this limited storage is bugging me.
There is a catalogue you can order from in nooks shop once it upgrades. You can also attach items to letters and store them in the post office. Some people create another character in their town to hold extra items.

If you do the night owl ordinance does that also mean that stores open later (in the morning)? Because I don't want that since my kids are playing too and they'd play more in the morning.

If you do the night owl ordinance does that also mean that stores open later (in the morning)? Because I don't want that since my kids are playing too and they'd play more in the morning.

I believe if you do night owl, close time extends and opening time remains the same. Early bird, is the oposite. Opens early and closes regular hours.

Ah- then that would work better than I was expecting. My kids would rather I did the early bird one, so there's still an issue. LOL. Or can you do both and both have earlier and later times at the same time? If you start one project you have to finish it before doing another, right? We are working on a bridge right now.

bread's done
Back