Animal Crossing New Leaf

For those that time traveled and got the Bestbuy item, is it available to order in the catalog? 

I have no idea how to change router's SSID and probably shouldn't mess with it since someone's always connected for work. 

We have a router/modem that came from the ISP and a Linksys router connected to that so 2 wifi networks.  I do have brand new router that I never got a chance to open so maybe I can connect that and have another wireless network? 

Finally got to the island, you guys weren't kidding about the bug catching. I made like 135k in my first go.

I'm kinda starting to hate my town layout, but I've invested too much time to start over haha..

Anybody meet katie before? I saw her in town but forgot to talk to her. I save and quit the game and now shes not in town anymore. Hopefully she pops out later in the evening so i can bring her to a different town.

Yes, I've met Katie before.  You just take her to another faraway town and you get an item the next day.  I'm sure she's still in your town, but she's a bit of a pain.  It's still a lot less hassle than in Wild World and City Folk where you had to play Connect the Dots.  Ugh...

T&T Mart is now open in my town, and thanks to the night owl ordinance, it's open from 7am to 5am daily.  I'm going to make good use of this tonight with the Island.

Thanks for whoever posted the router/BestBuy info. Got my raccoon clock and didn't have to make a 2 hour road trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you folks feel about a separate "Add Me" thread with non-spoilerific discussion? More of an adjunct to the spreadsheet than this is proving to be.

It's raining in my town and the gate's open if anyone wants to visit. I'm going to start leaving baskets of apples by the gate for visitors. I'll edit this post when I close the gate.

EDIT: closed for tonight

Just FYI for those of you who don't feel like going to Best Buy...

1. Change the name of your home wireless network (or mobile hotspot feature on your smartphone) to Bestbuy.

2. Hit the home button and wait for the system to detect that you are near a Nintendo Zone area.

3. Hop into Animal Crossing and check the post office for new presents.

4. Profit.

:D
I went into Best Buy, it was giving me an error code for Nintendo Zone, I didn't even think to check Animal Crossing, just got it now with the above method.

That's awesome if it works! So change name of router to Bestbuy and turn off security (WPA). Make new connection on 3DS to the this new router and you get the download in AC at the Post Office? Is that correct?
Exactly!
I spent 45 minutes on this last night. The one thing I did NOT do was set up a new connection on my 3DS to the bestbuy SSID. I thought that wouldn't work because then it would be on a "regular" network and not the pseudo-Nintendo Zone that you see in Best Buy (after all, at Best Buy you aren't supposed to add that in when you do it). Plus I was able to get the NintendoZone app to glow as soon as I changed the SSID so I thought that was all you needed. I'll have to try changing the connection but I'm not optimistic it will work for me.

Pretty busy day in Gotham. Last night I bought a legit Redd painting. Got the invite to the island by Tortimer and picked up enough medals to buy into the Club. Got myself an Axe and caught a Whale Shark on the Island.

I feel so stupid. I was waiting for Isabel to tell me my approval rating. No matter what I did she would just say I needed more public works projects. Finally today I realized I needed to sit in the chair, Doh! My approval rating was already 100 and I started a bridge and enacted the night owl ordinance.

The island is pretty great. I won't have to bother with turnips if the bug catching stays this good.

By the way, I compiled a list of the most valuable bugs (according to an online guide) so I'll know what to toss when my pockets are full. Some bugs are available at different times depending on the month. I listed both times because I don't know what the island goes by.

If anyone is interested, here it is:

Agrias Butterfly - 3,000 8AM-5PM
Banded Dragonfly - 4,500 8AM-5PM
Bee - 2,500 All Day
Birdwing Butterfly - 4,000 8AM-4PM
Cyclommatus Stag - 8,000 5PM-8AM
Emperor Butterfly - 2,500  7PM-8AM
Giant Petaltail - 8,000 5PM-7PM
Giant Stag - 10,000 11PM-8AM
Golden Stag - 12,000 5PM-8AM
Goliath Beetle - 6,000 7PM-8AM or 5PM-8AM
Hermit Crab - 1,000 All Day
Horned Atlas - 8,000 5PM-8AM
Horned Dynastid - 1,350 5PM-8AM or 11PM-8AM
Horned Elephant - 8,000 5PM-8AM
Horned Hercules - 12,000 5PM-8AM
Jewel Beetle - 2,400 8AM-5PM
Lantern Fly - 1,800  4PM-7PM or 11PM-8AM or 4PM-8AM
Miyama Stag - 1,000 All Day or 7PM-8AM
Oak Silk Moth - 1,200 7PM-4AM
Orchid Mantis - 2,400 8AM-5PM
Rainbow Stag - 1,000 7PM-8AM or 5PM-8AM
Raja Brooke Butterfly - 2,500 8AM-5PM
Saw Stag - 2,000 All Day 7PM-8AM
Scarab Beetle - 6,000 11PM-8AM
Scorpion - 8,000 7PM-4AM
Tarantula - 8,000 7PM-4AM
Tiger Beetle - 1,500 8AM-7PM or 4AM-5PM

Oh, and I'll finish registering everyone on the google spreadsheet later tonight, so feel free to add me.

I had a lot of fun tonight. No coelacanth yet, but I still got some new additions to the museum thanks to the island. My *very* generous visitors paid off my fountain. (And I promise to pay it forward when my bank account gets higher.)

The other day I made a Twitter account @ArdeaAnimalXing and used the 3DS image uploader to post some screenshots. If anyone else does the same, follow me, and I'll follow back. Going to post some more in a bit to that account.

Edit: Also, I'm going to update my 3DS status every time I play to say if my gates open or if I'm visiting people.

Changing my wireless name to Bestbuy (not BestBuy) worked like a charm. Received my Raccoon clock (not sure it was worth the trouble!) Cant wait to see what else comes down the line.

Anyone having problems with the game crashing while you are on the island? It has happened to me twice now and I don't know what's going on. I have a retail copy and I'm on an original 3ds. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Just started so not much going on yet 

Name: Chadd

FC: 0791-1884-0627

Town: Serenity

Fruit: Cherries

Feel free to add and I'll start adding some off the spreadsheet later tonight hopefully

Changing my wireless name to Bestbuy (not BestBuy) worked like a charm. Received my Raccoon clock (not sure it was worth the trouble!) Cant wait to see what else comes down the line.
6/16-6/29 RACCOON WALL-CLOCK
6/30-7/13 CAT TOWER
7/14-7/27 SUITCASE
7/28-8/10 DOUBLE NECK GUITAR

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/kv3XQP2CyseDoKoaMxBcEMvcchE-PMP_
Yeah, OK, I was finally able to get it tonight.

So here are the steps:

1) Change your wireless SSID to "BestBuy" and remove security

2) Delete your old wireless access settings on the 3DS (maybe only necessary if like me you have multiple routers)

3) Add the "Bestbuy" access point to your 3DS wireless (under Settings)

4) Start up Animal Crossing and go to the post office and ask for the present.

The key this is to add the new unsecured "Bestbuy" signal to your access list in the 3DS settings and you need to be out of the game to do this. What I'm wondering is how this would work in store then - would you need to go into your settings and add Best Buy? That seems really awkward and not a lot of people are going to know if and how to do this. When I was at Best Buy there were dozens of different wireless signals (mostly related to printers or something I think) and I never saw a plain "Bestbuy" one. But then again, I was able to do stuff through the NintenoZone app when I was there - I was actually able to get it to load but all it did was refer me to the eShop store pretty much. And then in the game Pelly told me I already had the item (one time) and then couldn't connect (the second time). So yeah, kinda flaky but now that I know how to do it from home that saves me a lot of trouble!

Finally got QR reader from Sable (talk to her for 10 days straight).

First test mural:

lQEfx8I.jpg

Motoko (holy crap I'm tanned)

Designed in Photoshop, then converted to QR using iPhone app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id588617754

Still needs work, but seems pretty nice so far. Making murals is so much faster now. Drawing with Wiimote in City Folk was ridiculous. Edges between panels look more pronounced than before... I think it's an unfortunate side effect of the exaggerated land curvature :(

-Edit-

Mural 2:

DQvxMfx.jpg

Rei Yukata

Took about 2 hours to do a 2x5 mural. This would have taken a few days in previous AC :p

My daily update:

- Reset Center done

- Gulliver trivia answered

- Club LOL petition finished

- Basement opened

- Third Bridge started

- Kicks opened

- Sewing Machine unlocked

- Turnip sell prices...still really low

- 2 more Droids/3 more Fossils unearthed

All in all, a big day today I think.

[quote name="KingBroly" post="10843306" timestamp="1371653212"]
My daily update:
- Reset Center done
- Gulliver trivia answered
- Club LOL petition finished
- Basement opened
- Third Bridge started
- Kicks opened
- Sewing Machine unlocked
- Turnip sell prices...still really low
- 2 more Droids/3 more Fossils unearthed

All in all, a big day today I think.[/quote]
That quick and efficient playing man! Cant wait to get club lol.

Wished i knew more about bug catching earlier. I put off catching bugs in the island and kept on fishing and diving the last week for bells. Last sunday i finally decided to do bugs and racked up so much money was able to pay down my 2nd floor and basement, ordered the dream suite and finished campsite. Now im waiting for kicks to open and by friday ill get t&t mart.

What's the best advice for grinding bells on the island. Just go for bugs, or fish your way to bells, or both?

Deciding on a way to get as much money asap.

Bought my first bridge last night. Gonna try and build the campsite tonight.

Thanks

What's the best advice for grinding bells on the island. Just go for bugs, or fish your way to bells, or both?

Thanks

The best way is to remove all the flowers and the trees from the middle of the island and to farm for beetles and sharks after 7pm.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="10843582" timestamp="1371661434"]

Thanks[/quote]
Sharks is the only fish worth fishing and are not that common. Big bugs/beetles are your best bet. Scare the small bugs out of trees so new bugs can respawn on them. And u can also start planting more trees on the island so more bugs can respawn at a time

Anyone having problems with the game crashing while you are on the island? It has happened to me twice now and I don't know what's going on. I have a retail copy and I'm on an original 3ds. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have only been to the island a couple times, but I lost 2 hours of time last night when I got an error message and the game force closed.

Hoping to get my first expansion soon so I can get to that island.  

I gots me a mansion to build and need Dem Bells...so shiny.

I'm heading to a town with 552 as their turnip price. Gonna be a few minutes before it's my turn to go,so I thought I'd put out the offer to cags to give me any turnips they have and I'll sell them at 552 for you. If anybodies interested I'll open up my town gates.

Dang! Thats the morning price right? Im at work and dont have access to internet to go online in my 3ds! 552 bells is unbelivable price! Wish i can! I have like 900 turnips to sell. Bought it for 93/each. If the price stays the same later to night id like to visit that town.

Edit: is the guy ur visiting the one from gamefaqs? Hehe! Awesome find! With that price in mind i wont settle for a turnip price lower than half of that in my town. Hehe

I've never played online before. Any faux pas or good practices I need to be aware of other than don't run on the grass? Any generally agreed upon rules about taking fruit? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks ya'lls.

I've never played online before. Any faux pas or good practices I need to be aware of other than don't run on the grass? Any generally agreed upon rules about taking fruit? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks ya'lls.
If fruit's on the ground take it. If it's in a tree ask.

I run on grass unless asked not to. Don't run on flowers though.

Thanks ya'lls.

Interesting stuff. I think definitely don't run on flowers. I would tend to not run on grass. I've never heard that fruit rule. I think all fruit is generally fair game, tree or ground, but obviously don't take everything.

And then there're the general don't-be-a-dick rules like chopping down trees or other acts of "vandalism".

Thanks ya'lls.
Interesting stuff. I think definitely don't run on flowers. I would tend to not run on grass. I've never heard that fruit rule. I think all fruit is generally fair game, tree or ground, but obviously don't take everything.
And then there're the general don't-be-a-dick rules like chopping down trees or other acts of "vandalism".
Yeah if they have a lot of the same fruit trees I suppose it's fine to shake and take. But you never know if they want to plant those fruits later. I know I had perfect oranges in my tree that someone took without asking. Likewise I wouldn't want anyone taking any persimmons since I just planted my first tree.

I'm going to open my gate for a little while. Katrina is in town so come get your fortune read! Turnips are selling for 112 bells, sorry not as great as that one personbut not shabby. Feel free to take any fruit, on trees or not. Try not to run over my flowers please. :D I may or may not be afk.

Yeah if they have a lot of the same fruit trees I suppose it's fine to shake and take. But you never know if they want to plant those fruits later. I know I had perfect oranges in my tree that someone took without asking. Likewise I wouldn't want anyone taking any persimmons since I just planted my first tree.
Yeah it's rather rude to take someone's perfect fruit and to cut down trees and stuff like that.

Thanks
Sharks is the only fish worth fishing and are not that common. Big bugs/beetles are your best bet. Scare the small bugs out of trees so new bugs can respawn on them. And u can also start planting more trees on the island so more bugs can respawn at a time
I get Napoleans and blue marlins regularly. they net 10k each.

bread's done
Back