Animal Crossing New Leaf

So I just had my first experience in the international club and there was this brat from Japan who kept following me around. He cut down all the trees and anytime I tried catching a bug or fish he would run in there and make it fly away or swim away. So I got fed up with him doing that and I kept hitting him on the head with my net and kept following him around :) The good thing about the club is you can block people you have had a bad experience with and you won't have to run into them again. I'll have to try it again another time.

I really want that silver fishing rod!

Tired of casting 4+ times to try to get their attention. If it's not spot-on fish dart in the other direction :wall:

I'm collecting Modern Furniture. If anybody has some pieces they'd be willing to sell let me know. Also I should have my gates open today so just DM me your friend code and I'll try to add you.
I'm also collecting modern. I have the bed, cabinet and dresser. If you have different pieces I'll trade with you. Or we can just have our characters pick up the items so they'll be in our catalogs and we can order them for ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
attempted to play on WiFi. 

I went to the NA island and was walking in the hut and there was some message ticker similar to the tour ticker.  I thought I got dc'd but a few minutes later some guy walked in with some weird mask like one of those Japanese ogre things.  I went outside to the island and began cutting some trees and getting rid of flowers.  The guy comes out and goes to get tools and I get dc'd :bomb:  I shouldn't bother trying to connect online unless I'm in the same room as my router.  I don't think I got any Mii data from him though. 

A weird thing happened "yesterday/today" (I am TT forward until I catch up to current time).  Katrina arrived in the town but it was 9am yet.  Walked around got fish etc.  I got my fortune and looked for fossils, rocks, gems etc.  TT a few hour ahead, went to island got some fishing.  Katrina was still in town.

Then when I started up the game again (20+ hours after), I set the clock to around 5pm of the same date.  Redd was in town (second time) and took Katrina's spot.  Turnip prices was the same and none of mine were spoiled (and no message about not saving from Isabelle).

Finished another night's beetle farming, and got caught up adding people on the spread sheet (through row 90).

Haven't been online much, so going to open gates and plug in and put it in sleep mode now until I wake up.

Finished another night's beetle farming, and got caught up adding people on the spread sheet (through row 90).

Haven't been online much, so going to open gates and plug in and put it in sleep mode now until I wake up.
Heh - maybe I'll stop on over.

I really want that silver fishing rod!

Tired of casting 4+ times to try to get their attention. If it's not spot-on fish dart in the other direction :wall:
What difference is the silver rod supposed to make? I've had it for a few days and haven't noticed all that much change. I still have to cast all over the place to get fish to bite. I thought it just gave you a split second more time to catch them once they do bite.

Turnips are 317 in my town. Not the best price, but still pretty good. Pm me your fc if you're not already my friend (I'm way behind on updating from the list).

Please don't run in town ^^

-Edit- Down to 147. I should probably buy turnips next week, seems like easy money.

Amazing how much time can fly by just doing silly things in this game.  Just spent around three hours:

-Selling beetles from last night

-Ceremony for museum expansion

-Putting Nintendo room in museum second floor

-Finding a spot for a water well

-Turning old Nintendo room in house into upstairs suite (bedroom stuff, bathroom, sitting area)

-Digging the fossils

-Buying out most of the stores, fiddling around with outfits.

-Watering flowers and moving some around

-Picking and selling all my fruit

-Axing some trees and planting some fruit trees

etc.

I kinda wish the game had a playtime counter so I could see what I've logged so far!

Amazing how much time can fly by just doing silly things in this game. Just spent around three hours:

-Selling beetles from last night

-Ceremony for museum expansion

-Putting Nintendo room in museum second floor

-Finding a spot for a water well

-Turning old Nintendo room in house into upstairs suite (bedroom stuff, bathroom, sitting area)

-Digging the fossils

-Buying out most of the stores, fiddling around with outfits.

-Watering flowers and moving some around

-Picking and selling all my fruit

-Axing some trees and planting some fruit trees

etc.

I kinda wish the game had a playtime counter so I could see what I've logged so far!
Welcome to AC Addiction.

Go to Activity Log to see how long you've played.

If anyone on my friend list wants, my gates are open, so feel free to rampage my town or whatever.  I'll be back later.

Busy day today: Started the Dream Suite, replanted a few trees, went to the island and got a wet suit, and totally forgot I was supposed to go to a villager's house and they made me feel bad :(. Also it has been dumping all day so I'll prob open the gates while I'm go grab dinner  if anyone wants to get some fishing in (I'll update my msg when they open and if an ark still needs building).

A real Animal Crossing New Leaf Conversation:

Samson:  "Hey, I have a recommendation for you!"

Me:  :eek: :O :D

Samson:  "Build a Cauton Sign"

Me:  fuck you, Samson

And I'm over 63 hours into it now, surpassing Kid Icarus Uprising as my #1 played 3DS game.

Guys, how do I upload pics straight from my 3DS online?
Step 1: Hit home button while playing ACNL

Step 2: Click on Web Browser in the top right corner.

Step 3: Go to i.nintendo.net (bookmark this!)

Step 4: log into the social network you want to post pics to (Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr)

Step 5: Browse for the picture you want to upload

Step 6: Add comment, if desired, and click Post

Step 7: Press Home twice to go back to your game.

I keep it bookmarked and try to post to twitter a few times a week, especially when my neighbors are getting feisty or I'm hanging out with someone. Hope this helped!

Just started playing this week. Paying off my house and funding a clock. Sadly I haven't been able to play except at night when everything is closed (don't want to change the clock). For now just fishing and lookcing for fossils.

Got the second story in the museum. They have a silver rod for sale in case anyone wants to visit for a nice upgrade. I can also buy it and save it for anyone if they really need it...

I've already hit more than fifty hours in this game. Can't stop farming beetles for bells...

Last edited:
Heh - maybe I'll stop on over.

What difference is the silver rod supposed to make? I've had it for a few days and haven't noticed all that much change. I still have to cast all over the place to get fish to bite. I thought it just gave you a split second more time to catch them once they do bite.
I was told that the area they're attracted to is larger. I just need a real painting to get the museum upgrade, but so far I'm 0 for 2.

A real Animal Crossing New Leaf Conversation:

Samson: "Hey, I have a recommendation for you!"

Me: :eek: :O :D

Samson: "Build a Cauton Sign"

Me: fuck you, Samson

And I'm over 63 hours into it now, surpassing Kid Icarus Uprising as my #1 played 3DS game.
That's hilarious! But keep at it, they suggest some pretty unique things. I think if you don't currently have a project going on they'll suggest them?

My villager suggested I make a
Zenbell
and it's really cool!

So tonight I hung around and tried to get them to suggest something else. The suggestion ended up being a
Stonehenge

It looks massive and it cost me 698,000 bells!!!!

My Turnips are 108 right now so I can open my gates for anyone that wants to dump (or you can wait until after noon to see if they jump any).

Does anyone have a perfect orange? I'd be willing to buy/trade for it. I sold mine before I first realized what it was and I haven't found another one yet.

I think it's about time I delve into other people's towns in vice versa with this Friend Code thing....

Here is my info:

1418-8107-4669

Name: Lin

Town: Weeville

Fruit: Pears (also have various other fruits: peaches, lychees, lemons, bananas, coconuts, durians)

Please let me know if you add me!  I might go through this thread later on and add people who I trust to my list.

I need oranges. It doesn't matter if they're perfect or not, but that'd certainly be a nice bonus. I have almost all of the other fruit, just name what you want and I should have it.

been trying to plant other fruits in my town trying to get perfect fruits out of them only to find out that only your native fruit can produce a perfect fruit. Now i have to clear out a lot of land. Grrrr! Hope they award me with the silver axe already. Hate it when my regular axe breaks after a couple of trees

just started yesterday. i have peaches if anyone wants to trade or just rob me LOL.

friend code: [SIZE=12pt]1091-7990-3911[/SIZE]

name: Jimmy

town: Fiore

I was finally able to get the Bestbuy dlc item.  Had a spare router so set that up. 

How do I find my fried code?  I was able to add some people but it doesn't show mine. 

I'll be online in a few hours (6-8pm EDT).  If someone has decent turnip prices I wouldn't mind visiting.  I have apples and a "Graceful Painting" (pretty sure it's real, can't tell as I already donated one - did get a price quote at Re-tail though). Also have a spare Snail Clock

Can bugs/fish caught in a visiting town be brought back?

I was finally able to get the Bestbuy dlc item. Had a spare router so set that up.

How do I find my fried code? I was able to add some people but it doesn't show mine.

I'll be online in a few hours (6-8pm EDT). If someone has decent turnip prices I wouldn't mind visiting. I have apples and a "Graceful Painting" (pretty sure it's real, can't tell as I already donated one - did get a price quote at Re-tail though). Also have a spare Snail Clock
Can bugs/fish caught in a visiting town be brought back?
I'll take the graceful painting.

Look at your mii in your friend list. It should have your friend code listed.
I need oranges. It doesn't matter if they're perfect or not, but that'd certainly be a nice bonus. I have almost all of the other fruit, just name what you want and I should have it.

I only need a perfect cherry. If you don't have that's ok.

been trying to plant other fruits in my town trying to get perfect fruits out of them only to find out that only your native fruit can produce a perfect fruit. Now i have to clear out a lot of land. Grrrr! Hope they award me with the silver axe already. Hate it when my regular axe breaks after a couple of trees
Silver Axes are on the Island shop. I got some last night.

Crazy Redd is in my town at the moment (and it's raining as well). Gate is open.

Crazy Redd is in my town as well but all he has left is fake shit.  He does have that neat fake statue with the bat wings though.  If anyone is interested I can open my gate.

Currently raining in my town, if you want to try your luck for a Coelacanth. 

FC: 3883-5273-5068

Town: Townston

Mayor: Peter

Fruit: Oranges

Would love to receive some peaches. Feel free to pick any fruit you see growing, but no running please!

Just PM me if you want to visit, so I can add you. 

I want to get rid of my turnips.  Please post turnip prices and add me!  I'll bring Graceful Painting.

My fc: 3153-4182-0378

having some issues with my new network but I'll to be on later.

I want to get rid of my turnips. Please post turnip prices and add me! I'll bring Graceful Painting.

My fc: 3153-4182-0378

having some issues with my new network but I'll to be on later.
They're 103 in mine. I added you just in case that works for you. I'm in EST, so there's only about 2 hours until Re-Tail closes.

FC: 4570-6827-7725

I'm going out with the fiance, but I'll leave my town open for anyone who wants.

FC: 1289-8563-4286

Town: Mournwel

Mayor: Joe

Fruit: Oranges, currently growing pears.

Let me know if you add me. I'll begin to add as many as I can from the spreadsheet.

I'm headed to sp00ge's place soon. Joe, I'll add you after. What are your turnip prices?
Hey, I saw you tried coming into town, but it gave an error. I think it had to do with the latest firmware update (even though there was no indication of a problem when I opened the gate), but that's been updated so hopefully everything is kosher now.

EDIT: Apparently not. Hmm..

bread's done
Back