Animal Crossing New Leaf

You have to wait around outside ( not in sleep mode), then run in front of a villager. If they make a ping noise and lines appear above their head they might offer a project.

It took quite a few projects for my villagers to say my town was good.
Yeah, I know that - I guess I was wondering if there's anything to do to get them to "ping" you...

Anyway, this is awesome. My son is on a school trip to Costa Rica and look what they found on someone's bed. I knew right away what it was from my nightly island bug runs:

971142_146030918931887_1245319894_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy notifications, Batman.

Need to revamp my trade offerings again. Girlfriend is trying to claim most of it without offering ACNL related things in return. Make your own joke there.

At least now I have two places to check turnip prices before seeking out online.

Bamboo should be sprouting for me to offer people tomorrow. I do have persimmons and all other fruits currently.

Half of my villagers have fleas, though.

Holy. fucking. SHIT. at that bug picture!  And the game got its appearance completely accurate too!  Holy god that thing is HUGE IRL!

How to get public works requests:

Step 1: Go into a house or store

Step 2: Make sure your inventory is clear of any items animals would want to trade/buy.  Just have your tools and money.

Step 3: Fill up your remaining inventory with bells- in 100 or whatever denomination you want.  Just make sure it's full with just bells and tools.  Animals don't want that shit.

Step 4: Go into the main part of town and walk around.  Make sure you go by all of the animals that are currently outside.  Don't talk to them unless they have a "surprised" look when they see you walk by.  If they do, talk to them, get that shit done, and then go back to step 1.

Step 5: Once you go by all the animals, get your ass to the ocean.  Make sure you have a wetsuit.

Step 6: Go into the ocean and just stay floating for 5 minutes.  Make sure it's 5 minutes.  You don't need to swim or anything.  It doesn't matter if you get cramps or jellyfish stings.

Step 7: Get out of the water and go into the town.  Look for an animal.  The first animal that sees you will have a "surprised" look.  They will either request a PWP, or ask for a saying change.

Step 8:  If you got screwed and got something other than a PWP, go back to step 1.

There are variations of this on the web but they aren't as detailed and nuanced, and I'd have trouble sometimes getting the surprised look at the end.  This detailed method should be foolproof.

My number one problem right now is my townsfolk suggesting the stupidest projects lol  well at least for me...stadium light! video screen! i need to get rid of my jocks haha  

I am working on perfect town for 15 days...and damn its tough.  i forgot to water yesterday and had at least 7 flowers wilt so i had to start over again.  :(  you need 10 projects to get a perfect town rating....museum upgrade, dream suite, etc do not count.  I built 4 lamps, clock, bench, hot spring, fountain, campsite, and cafe first to trigger it...

I'll be opening my town in about an hour or so (gotta eat first)  ...would love some bamboo!  I have all fruits.  Nothing exciting going on in my town today...its sunny and boring.  ;)  

Holy. fucking. SHIT. at that bug picture! And the game got its appearance completely accurate too! Holy god that thing is HUGE IRL!

How to get public works requests:

Step 1: Go into a house or store

Step 2: Make sure your inventory is clear of any items animals would want to trade/buy. Just have your tools and money.

Step 3: Fill up your remaining inventory with bells- in 100 or whatever denomination you want. Just make sure it's full with just bells and tools. Animals don't want that shit.

Step 4: Go into the main part of town and walk around. Make sure you go by all of the animals that are currently outside. Don't talk to them unless they have a "surprised" look when they see you walk by. If they do, talk to them, get that shit done, and then go back to step 1.

Step 5: Once you go by all the animals, get your ass to the ocean. Make sure you have a wetsuit.

Step 6: Go into the ocean and just stay floating for 5 minutes. Make sure it's 5 minutes. You don't need to swim or anything. It doesn't matter if you get cramps or jellyfish stings.

Step 7: Get out of the water and go into the town. Look for an animal. The first animal that sees you will have a "surprised" look. They will either request a PWP, or ask for a saying change.

Step 8: If you got screwed and got something other than a PWP, go back to step 1.

There are variations of this on the web but they aren't as detailed and nuanced, and I'd have trouble sometimes getting the surprised look at the end. This detailed method should be foolproof.

awesome! totes trying this!

what kind of town you running over there, man? haha
What can I say, they like it dirty.

Girlfriend started her game. No double characters, which is nice. She was able to move her house and character from my cart to her own.

Now if she had only played it on her machine instead of ganking one of my Ambassador units...

I am working on perfect town for 15 days...and damn its tough. i forgot to water yesterday and had at least 7 flowers wilt so i had to start over again. :( you need 10 projects to get a perfect town rating....museum upgrade, dream suite, etc do not count. I built 4 lamps, clock, bench, hot spring, fountain, campsite, and cafe first to trigger it...
I recommend doing the beautiful ordinance while trying for perfect town. Your flowers won't wilt during this ordinance so you don't have to worry about watering flowers.

EEEK A BUG! Now, I don't normally scream at the sight of insects, but if I saw that thing crawling on my bed, I'd use more than a net. (Steel toe boot more like it)

How's everyone's turnip prices? My PM price is 141 today. I wonder how long it will be before I see it in the 300-range again...

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, I received my copy today and within 30 seconds of walking around the town for the first time the game freezes and forces a restart, ive tried 4 times with the same result. Anybody have any issue like this or read about it somewhere else? i wasnt able to find anything similar with a quick search.

I requested a replacement from amazon but theyre out of stock.

Not sure if it matters but it says there is an game update but the servers are down.

EEEK A BUG! Now, I don't normally scream at the sight of insects, but if I saw that thing crawling on my bed, I'd use more than a net. (Steel toe boot more like it)

How's everyone's turnip prices? My PM price is 141 today. I wonder how long it will be before I see it in the 300-range again...
Did you check your AM price? if it was over 100 you'll should have a good price tomorrow either AM or PM since the top price is either the 3rd or 4th in an increasing pattern.

I'm thinking my top price for the week will be afternoon tomorrow.

---------------

Anyway glad to see it rain today... I have way too many flowers and didn't want to have to water them tonight. Actually have 3 Jacob's ladders now and 1 black rose.

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, I received my copy today and within 30 seconds of walking around the town for the first time the game freezes and forces a restart, ive tried 4 times with the same result. Anybody have any issue like this or read about it somewhere else? i wasnt able to find anything similar with a quick search.

I requested a replacement from amazon but theyre out of stock.

Not sure if it matters but it says there is an game update but the servers are down.
The servers are down only for maintenance. Nintendo has their times set in Japan.

Never heard of your problem, but it sounds like a bad cart to me.

Don't forget, today is the last day to register the Club Nintendo code for animal crossing to get the bonus 10 coins.

Redd is in my town today.  Assuming he has at least two "real" items, I'll let somebody in to buy.

Also, I have an extra Majora's Mask for trade.  Would like another fortune cookie item in exchange.

You have to link your Club Nintendo account to your 3DS in the eShop settings to get surveys for digital downloads.

Menu > Settings/Other > Scroll down to Club Nintendo Account.

Enter your username and password and your account will be linked. The survey won't retroactively appear, though. You'll have to email Nintendo customer support and tell them which games you digitally downloaded before linking your account to your 3DS. They'll get back to you, likely within 24 hours (took them less for me), telling you that they've put the surveys up for you to complete.

Question about turnip prices. How do I detect if a pattern is going to spike?

Right now my prices have been 87,83,80,77 so I know it's not happening anytime soon but as good practice how do I tell if it is going to happen so I know the best time to sell my turnips.

Turnips are 416 right now in my town. Can't believe I was too busy Sunday morning to buy them at 91 :/  Anyway, I'll open my gate soon. PM me if you're not already my friend (I'm way behind on the list), though I don't know how to add a new fc without quitting the game since 3DS home button is disabled while the gate is open.

Please no running in town ^^

Turnips are 416 right now in my town. Can't believe I was too busy Sunday morning to buy them at 91 :/ Anyway, I'll open my gate soon. PM me if you're not already my friend (I'm way behind on the list), though I don't know how to add a new fc without quitting the game since 3DS home button is disabled while the gate is open.

Please no running in town ^^
Awesome, I've got a bunch to sell and will head over once I get my turnips rounded up.

Thanks!

For those that PM me your code, you will have to wait for my town to be empty so I can quit the game and add you in. I'll post here when I do.

-Edit- Added those that pm'd me before 3:52pm EST

-Edit 2- One person left in town. When empty I'll add new fc.

-Edit 3- Added those that pm'd me before 4:30pm EST.

-Edit 4- Added those that pm'd me before 5:30pm EST. I don't play at night since my health sucks, but I'll leave the gate open so you guys can still stop by to sell.

-Edit 5- Added those that pm'd me before 6:30pm EST.

I'm done for the day, but I'll leave my gate open overnight for late players (I think Re-Tail is open until 11pm). I have 42 3DS friends now, all CAG AC players :)

Sorry to anyone who pm's me after this and I don't get to add you today. The week is early, so hopefully someone else will have high turnip prices later.

Thanks again lilman!

I'll keep an eye on my prices (all declining so far) and hope I can return the favor to some other CAGs later in the week.

Holy crap. I bitched to Nintendo about my local Best Buy stores removing the Nintendo Zones (for remodeling, but they haven't returned yet). I figured I'd be told to just trade for the items or something.

I have an email with the friend code of a Nintendo rep willing to set a day and time to drop off the Best Buy items I missed.

Definitely makes me look at Nintendo's customer service in a better light now.

Holy crap. I bitched to Nintendo about my local Best Buy stores removing the Nintendo Zones (for remodeling, but they haven't returned yet). I figured I'd be told to just trade for the items or something.

I have an email with the friend code of a Nintendo rep willing to set a day and time to drop off the Best Buy items I missed.

Incase you can't get to a Bestbuy. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/get_best_buys_new_leaf_items_without_having_a_best_buy

That's pretty cool. Wonder if the rep just so happens to play AC, or has access to some dlc mainframe.

Did your son end up selling that horned elephant?

It's worth 8,000 bells if I recall correctly. :razz:
Heh - he played the game a little before he left 10 days ago. I'll have to ask him (he gets back tonight) if he knew what it was from AC. I actually bought him his own 3DS to play the game since he was borrowing mine and it was pretty annoying. I didn't let him bring it to Costa Rica though (figured an iPod would be all he needed for gaming there).

Yea I tried for an hour...changed ALoT of greetings/catchphrases and only got suggested a yield sign! Lame lol But then today...first townsfolk suggests police station yay!!

Omg I just finished working the coffee counter!! So cute I love it!! And I sucked too...lol...no one liked my coffee! I got some coffee beans in return....what do I do with that?!

bread's done
Back