Animal Crossing New Leaf

Some 2 hours later some of my hoarding tendencies have been purged, I plan on getting rid of quite a few duplicate items this week as I want to move a few sets into museum space. If anyone has need of anything on my trade list let me know (fossils are the first things I'll be purging).

Some 2 hours later some of my hoarding tendencies have been purged, I plan on getting rid of quite a few duplicate items this week as I want to move a few sets into museum space. If anyone has need of anything on my trade list let me know (fossils are the first things I'll be purging).
I may have an extra digital photo frame for you.

Did great at the bug off this time...got five bug items with only one duplicate (ladybug chair).

Barold (lazy) is leaving my town ....would anyone like him?

Anyone open with a low bug-off score? I've been switching between characters, so didn't get a chance to visit other towns yet. I have a few extra bugs to try to get bug items with.

Anyone open with a low bug-off score? I've been switching between characters, so didn't get a chance to visit other towns yet. I have a few extra bugs to try to get bug items with.
I could open Arkham, but most have trouble connecting. I rolled the time back to keep trying for the chest.

I could open Arkham, but most have trouble connecting. I rolled the time back to keep trying for the chest.
I could try. If it doesn't work, then hopefully I can find another town. If I get an extra chest, you can have it. The only extra I have so far is a beetle chair. Still missing ladybug carpet, hairless caterpillar sofa, and butterfly table.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could try. If it doesn't work, then hopefully I can find another town. If I get an extra chest, you can have it. The only extra I have so far is a beetle chair. Still missing ladybug carpet, hairless caterpillar sofa, and butterfly table.
You've been added on that one.

I've got an extra carpet and sofa.

I didn't really get too engaged into this bug out (I came in second place, but that was hours ago) and am willing to open the gates for anyone that wants to try to do better. I also can leave out some free songs if anyone needs 'em.

Last edited:
I have a pair of tables in my new bug room so I can part with one.

Gate is open.
Nat really doesn't want to hand over that chest. Getting a lot of sofas and carpets now though.

EDIT: I never actually won a chest either. I bought mine at a friend's Re-Tail after the July Bug-Off.

Got all three trophies, so I won't be participating in the next Bug-Off, so people can visit and get furniture. Just noticed that I did get the table after all. :lol:

I think I may need a Silver trophy yet as well. I'm done with trying for today, though. Over 100 bugs and not a damned chest in the lot.
Apparently, Nat has two sets of furniture that he'll give during the Bug-Off, according to this. I guess it's to encourage people to visit other towns to complete the set.

I wondered why there were two different lists of bug furniture items on this page. Now it makes sense. I was getting furniture from the second set in my town today and in July's Bug-Off, I got items from the first set listed.

Apparently, Nat has two sets of furniture that he'll give during the Bug-Off, according to this. I guess it's to encourage people to visit other towns to complete the set.

I wondered why there were two different lists of bug furniture items on this page. Now it makes sense. I was getting furniture from the second set in my town today and in July's Bug-Off, I got items from the first set listed.
Odd. Could've sworn I got from both lists today in Arkham. I may be wrong, though.

I'll roll the clock a day back tomorrow and see what he gives. Arkham has the Beautiful ordinance, so I'm not worried about flowers. (And I dislike almost all of the villagers there).

Odd. Could've sworn I got from both lists today in Arkham. I may be wrong, though.

I'll roll the clock a day back tomorrow and see what he gives. Arkham has the Beautiful ordinance, so I'm not worried about flowers. (And I dislike almost all of the villagers there).
Still need the chest? Have one I can give you.

Hey guys -- help me out. My wife is online on her 3DS, says she needs friends and wants to visit your town.

LOL....if anyone can help her out, she's online right now.

Friends code is 5455-9991-9200

My gate is open for a mini free for all. It's mostly furniture that I used for the toy shop theme challenge.

Also, Cyrus just made me a dupllicate golden wall torch. I haven't picked it up from Re-Tail yet, but if anyone wants to trade for it, I still need the golden chair, golden man, and golden sofa.

FC: 4742-5601-9252

I'll be closing it at 10:30 PM Pacific time. Closed a little bit early to check what's on the island.

So my mind was blown when I sat under the awesome tree I planted in the plaza. Didn't even know you could sit there.

edit:

I have 2 spare lady bug carpets, a snail clock, a caterpillar sofa and a firefly lamp.

Looking for a butterfly table, honeycomb chest and spider clock.

Oh, great. Thanks to the Bug Off and the Fireworks shit, can't do anything with Public Works Projects for two days in a row.

I have some extra golden items from a trade. They may be dupes, however. A clock, dresser, wardrobe, and table.

Got a pumpkin pie from Barnes & Noble today, hooray.

Opened up now, though I'll be afk for a while.  I added your wife, phantomfriar2002, if she wants to come get free stuff.

My gate is open for a mini free for all. Not sure how long I'll have it open. It's mostly furniture that I used for the toy shop theme challenge with some fossils and clothes.

FC: 4742-5601-9252

Closed to get my emotions.

I figured it out Puddle! We're not crazy! LOL

Google: This is the answer. Because every Sunday in August has the fireworks festival, Isabelle, Redd, and Joan take up the limit in August. When you open your gates, any additional special visitor besides the first two will be missing (Joan will be missing while Redd and Isabelle are first). 

So i closed my gate...i have to work at 5 anyway. Be open again tmrw.

I need to chop some people off my list again. Nobody from here, mostly old Swapnote people.

Got all 3 trophies now from the Bug Off. Can skip the next one if I get that damned Chest.

Thanks for the explanation, Dawn. I was feeling rejected by Joan. (Bc Katie was in town, Joan didn't show up for me. And when I took katie to Dawn's town, joan disappeared. So no turnips for me this week.

Thanks, dead of knight, i'll add a bunch later. I'm only logging into the game once a day and leaving it in sleep mode between playing. (Which kills my desire to update for streetpasses in the mii plaza games!) Despite the fact that I never ran, all my grass was just about gone, and I narrowed it down to starting over three times a day. Still don't know if that was the cause, but after weeks of flowers EVERYWHERE and watering them on top of the clean town ordinance, the grass has slowly come back in most areas. Frustrating though, this is my escape game and it already became work to keep the town from being ugly. Ah well.

Thanks for the explanation, Dawn. I was feeling rejected by Joan. (Bc Katie was in town, Joan didn't show up for me. And when I took katie to Dawn's town, joan disappeared. So no turnips for me this week.

Thanks, dead of knight, i'll add a bunch later. I'm only logging into the game once a day and leaving it in sleep mode between playing. (Which kills my desire to update for streetpasses in the mii plaza games!) Despite the fact that I never ran, all my grass was just about gone, and I narrowed it down to starting over three times a day. Still don't know if that was the cause, but after weeks of flowers EVERYWHERE and watering them on top of the clean town ordinance, the grass has slowly come back in most areas. Frustrating though, this is my escape game and it already became work to keep the town from being ugly. Ah well.
I can't believe the game still has the grass issue, especially with all the fuss over it in City Folk. I'd rather have them take that feature out and make grass the way it was in the original and Wild World.

I still have grass in my town, but I'm noticing more and more dirt every day. I'm guessing by winter, there won't be enough to be able to make snowmen.

I hate all the dead grass. I hate when an animal moves out and it leaves a big gap of no grass. I put a bunch of flowers on one and it is taking forever for it to grow back. It is slowly. I wouldn't mind it so much if it grew back faster.

I've finally put stupid tiles down for paths. I hate that I have to do that.

One of my favorite things is walking around in the snow listening to the crunching noise and now I can't without ruining the grass.

Redd's in my town.  For the second time in a row, the "Amazing Painting" is the only legit item.

Ugh.  I now have two of them.  If anybody has a different Redd's item to trade, I'd really like to!

bread's done
Back