Animal Crossing New Leaf

You apparently don't even need Candy as long as you get all the Spooky furniture items from Nook during the month. You can only redeem them for Spooky items. To get the Halloween-exclusive items including the Creepy series, you need Lollipops, which you can get by scaring villagers with the appropriate mask. So basically the candy is worthless unless you don't get all the Spooky items for some reason.

If I am understanding this wrong, please correct me. Also, the Spooky series is orderable anyway and I have them all catalogable from Prim's town.
I have the whole set from prim as well. So lollipops are what we need for the creepy series. That makes sense.

cool. i have 3 of the 6 masks so far. love the werewolf one!

Gates open. Free stuff on lawn. Im a few hrs behind and have nightowl on so shops are open.

Haven't posted in this thread much, but still been playing every day, mostly at work, great for a 30 or so minute session.

Also:

a989a262aaee0a98ae69cebdecdff8c4.jpg

cool. i have 3 of the 6 masks so far. love the werewolf one!

Gates open. Free stuff on lawn. Im a few hrs behind and have nightowl on so shops are open.
I only have 2 masks so far. Both the 2nd and 3rd masks have been repeats at Sable's. WTF?

I'm open. Got a ton of free stuff as usual.

Also, don't think anyone posted this, but there are new Nintendo Zone items for this month. Going from 1st-15th is a fedora chair(???), 16th-31st is a sushi platter.

Something unexpected happened, Opal left my town last week without anyone convincing her to move to their town. Since my fiancée is really busy with work, I'm working on her town and yesterday I noticed Opal was moving into town.

I thought nothing of it till today. I thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if it was Opal from my town. When I enter the house, she had on the same shirt and then mentioned she was originally from Boxden. I had no clue the animals can move to other towns without being asked too.

Im so lazy. I havent gotten any of the bb items and I work across the street from a best buy.

I shook all my trees twice over tonight and not a single bagworm. ugh

I have Mott who keeps reminding me he is from Harlam...is that anyones town? I nvr asked him to move to my town. ......I was going to keep him but then the crappiest thing happened. I destroyed one of my bridges to replace with fairytale bridge (yay finally!!) but I cant cause Mott's house is all of a sudden too close?!!! wtf?! Now whenever i talk to him i hate him so much..i need him to move.

That makes me soo nervous about destroying/replacing my primary bridge. I have some lamp posts near but also the police station... anyone know anything about this? how many spaces are needed? I wish i knew this early on.

oh and town is open overnight for free stuff and shopping....be as mean as u want to Mott! ;)

Im so lazy. I havent gotten any of the bb items and I work across the street from a best buy.
I shook all my trees twice over tonight and not a single bagworm. ugh
I have Mott who keeps reminding me he is from Harlam...is that anyones town? I nvr asked him to move to my town. ......I was going to keep him but then the crappiest thing happened. I destroyed one of my bridges to replace with fairytale bridge (yay finally!!) but I cant cause Mott's house is all of a sudden too close?!!! wtf?! Now whenever i talk to him i hate him so much..i need him to move.
That makes me soo nervous about destroying/replacing my primary bridge. I have some lamp posts near but also the police station... anyone know anything about this? how many spaces are needed? I wish i knew this early on.
oh and town is open overnight for free stuff and shopping....be as mean as u want to Mott! ;)
Haha, he's from my town (Harlan). Sorry he's giving you problems. I hope you can get rid of him.

Haha nice! did you give him the 'sup brah' to say or is that just him?! i always wondered if they keep the phrases you give them when they move.

Funny, took me a long time to find a bagworm last night.  Then during this morning's daily tree run, I got one in one of the first trees I shook.  Son of a bitch.

And yes, villagers from other towns can move without you asking.  How I got Anabelle and Renee, plus Agnes who already left.  Wish Renee would leave already, her and Agnes moved in way too close to town hall and Re-tail.  Plus she has gotten sick twice in the past 2 weeks and sold me a fake painting yesterday.  I keep getting offers from cool villagers to leave, but nothing from her.  Maybe I shouldn't have given her medicine when she was sick.

4 days in October so far, 3 of the 4 days Able's has had the mummy mask for sale.  The other day she had a werewolf mask, which is the one I got for free from Jack.  Dammit.

Open.  Ton of stuff as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be opening my town for the rest of the day.  Anything available in the Shops can be bought.  There's also a Campsite visitor.  As always, no running.

I haven't gotten Katrina to visit in 3 weeks.  UGH.

Goddamn, another day, another Halloween mask at Sable's I already have.  If anyone has a non-werewolf or mummy mask in their store for sale, let me know. >>

I only have 2 golden furniture items left to find.  I need the bed and the floor.  I have an extra of the wall torch and chair.

Opened.  Please come get some free stuff and shop at the stores!

Goddamn, another day, another Halloween mask at Sable's I already have. If anyone has a non-werewolf or mummy mask in their store for sale, let me know. >>
I have five of them since I got four on the 1st (mummy, monster, and bug from Jack with each character and werewolf from Labelle) and the skeleton hood on the 3rd. You can catalog them if you want. Labelle is also selling the bug mask again today.

The only one I'm missing is the ghost mask, but there's still a lot of time before Halloween, so I'm not too worried about getting it.

I can open my gate in about half an hour from now.

Cool, I'll try to stop by.
Open. The masks are near my house with all the candy. I'm not sure why I buy the candy when I already have the spooky set cataloged from prim.

EDIT: I can bring them to your town so you can catalog them since Groucho just asked me for signatures.

EDIT 2: You were afk, so I left the bug mask in front of your house.

Goddamn, another day, another Halloween mask at Sable's I already have. If anyone has a non-werewolf or mummy mask in their store for sale, let me know. >>

I only have 2 golden furniture items left to find. I need the bed and the floor. I have an extra of the wall torch and chair.

Opened. Please come get some free stuff and shop at the stores!
I can drop off a Skeleton Hood if you'd like.

I'm slowly weaning myself off ACNL because I've got Pokemon Y preordered.

Haha nice! did you give him the 'sup brah' to say or is that just him?! i always wondered if they keep the phrases you give them when they move.
Haha, yeah I gave him that phrase. At the time, it seemed like it fit him. I guess they do keep the phrases when they move on.

Anyone have turnip prices over 110? I need to sell in the worst way.

So, reading that Halloween event write up I'll almost need to create an extra character to be able to get all 10 pieces of the creepy set?

ahhh totally forgot about the turnips i bought this week and im at work till 11pm....if anyone is open after that witha price over 100 that'd be killer. I havent checked my price after noon today and im random but i doubt it will be high.

Sweet if I can get more villagers to move most will have game of thrones references ;)

I can't wean myself off this game....I have not missed a single day. those badges are like acheivements...I can't stop lol I have 4 that I havent gotten bronze yet...driving me nuts wanting to complete it all.

ahhh totally forgot about the turnips i bought this week and im at work till 11pm....if anyone is open after that witha price over 100 that'd be killer. I havent checked my price after noon today and im random but i doubt it will be high.

Sweet if I can get more villagers to move most will have game of thrones references ;)

I can't wean myself off this game....I have not missed a single day. those badges are like acheivements...I can't stop lol I have 4 that I havent gotten bronze yet...driving me nuts wanting to complete it all.
How many hours do you have on your activity log?

Last edited:

I have 109. If you can't find anything higher, let me know.

i'm afraid to officially check lol ...definitely over 500hrs because I have the gold badge...got that about two weeks ago :/ but I have left my gate open overnight close to 10 times, so I'd minus a good 50hrs from my total. I usually play while catching up on tv.

thx guys for checking....but i got 120 for turnips in my town. whohoo i'll open my gate if anyone else needs a last minute sell. gimme five min. :)

Opened.  Furniture is on special at Re-tail today so bring your furniture to sell.  Also, I'll be selling a lot of furniture tonight to take advantage so this'll be last chance on a lot of stuff in the FFA.

Finally got another mask in my store- the monster (Frankenstein) mask.  Miranda dropped off the bug mask yesterday so now I have 4 of the 6 masks, hooray. Also got the fedora chair at Best Buy.  It's as stupid as it sounds.

Will be afk but feel free to come in and get free stuff and shop.

I bought the ghost mask today, so now I have all six. After checking thonky for what masks my animals are scared of, it looks like I won't even need the monster mask unless somebody new moves in.

Groucho (Cranky Bear): Bug
Midge (Normal Bird): Ghost
Apple (Peppy Hamster): Bug
Hippeux (Smug Hippo): Skeleton
Annalise (Snooty Horse): Mummy
Ozzie (Lazy Koala): Bug
Gaston (Cranky Rabbit): Werewolf
Muffy (Uchi Sheep): Werewolf
Cally (Normal Squirrel): Skeleton

These are still my original villagers since I started the game. I haven't let anyone move out yet. I kind of like Muffy (I didn't at first, but she's grown on me), but she's still the only one whose pic I haven't gotten yet that I want to move out because of her house location. Too bad you can't make animals move their houses as a PWP - like demolish their house and make them stay at the campsite for a while until their new house is built.

Checking out the list with my current roster:

Nibbles (peppy squirrel): insect

Tia (normal elephant): skull

Graham (smug hamster): monster

Anabelle (peppy anteater): ghost

Goose (jock chicken): wolf

Ava (normal chicken): monster

Renee (uchi rhino): mummy

Colton (smug horse): insect

Amelia (snooty eagle): skull

Pekoe (normal cub): insect

So I need every mask.

kind of missing this game. I thought about picking up another 3ds to play pokemon. anything cool going on this month?
Halloween and a fishing tournament.

Checking out the list with my current roster:

Nibbles (peppy squirrel): insect

Tia (normal elephant): skull

Graham (smug hamster): monster

Anabelle (peppy anteater): ghost

Goose (jock chicken): wolf

Ava (normal chicken): monster

Renee (uchi rhino): mummy

Colton (smug horse): insect

Amelia (snooty eagle): skull

Pekoe (normal cub): insect

So I need every mask.
You will only have 5 villagers at home so you won't need 1 of them, but you won't know which one until Halloween night.

I've been wearing the mummy outfit (mask, shirt, pants), and thought it was funny one of my villagers said something to the effect of "I hope your trying to make a fashion statement, and not in pain from breaking every bone in your body".

I still need the Skull and Mummy ones.  I have the Ghost, Bug, Monster and Wolf ones.

I'm opening my Gates for your consumption.  Standard rules apply.  I have PLENTY of things available to buy.  Those Spooky items...no such luck.  And still no Katrina...ugh.

Hell, I'd take fucking Gulliver or Saharah as a visitor at this point.
Last week I had a Campsite visitor about every day. No Redd, no Katrina, no Gulliver. I still need to go swimming for Scallops though, since that'll give me Pascal's items once per day. I hope they fix this formula in the future, because it makes getting pieces of art a pain in the butt.

wow i also have had no visitors in the last few weeks! I have a camper today....asked her to move to my town and she said no :( lame.

my town is also open...i might close up just to visit yours ;) and then reopen. i have all six masks so i wont need anymore.

Dawn - thanks for leaving your town open at night. I pop in once in a while and check out the emporium. My shop is still stuck on the supermarket and with my work schedule, I can only play very early and very late sometimes. :whistle2:/  (btw - your halloween decorations look great!). 

You also have a good crop of neighbors.  I have to admit, I still have all my originals. They keep wanting to move out, but I tell them not to because I have a good plt of land I hope to turn into a giant orchard soon (I've been collecting axes), and I'm afraid of new people moving into the middle of it.  Has anyone else kept neighbors for that reason?  I have to admit, I'm getting a little bored of most of them though. 

I've put some freebies out, but now my townfolk are saying that the town is like a garbage dump because there's stuff on the ground.  Should I not put our freebies until I get the perfect town rating thing? 

I don't think I have much to offer anyone - my town is still in mid-newb stage - but let me know if any of your are missing particular items n the off chance I have them in my catalog. :)

I had Fuschia leave Arkham without warning, but I've been slacking so I probably just missed her.

Something I can't figure out... I can order the masks I've gotten from the catalog, but can't get them via HH Showcase. That's rather odd to me.

Unless you have to get them naturally before they can be ordered. Don't know.

Turnip Prices:  528 bells

I'm going to open my gates in a few hours, just enough time for people to let me know that they want in so I can add them.  Standard Rules otherwise.

EDIT: There's a Monster Mask available too.

Turnip Prices: 528 bells

I'm going to open my gates in a few hours, just enough time for people to let me know that they want in so I can add them. Standard Rules otherwise.

EDIT: There's a Monster Mask available too.
I'll stop by if you are still around in a bit

Okay, I'm opening my Town Gates now.  I'll be going AFK in a few minutes, after I talk to my neighbors.  I'll be sure to refresh this thread every 15-20 minutes in case people want to be added.  

Okay, I'm opening my Town Gates now. I'll be going AFK in a few minutes, after I talk to my neighbors. I'll be sure to refresh this thread every 15-20 minutes in case people want to be added.
You were afk when I left so I dropped some bells in front of your house, thanks!

bread's done
Back