Animal Crossing New Leaf

Yeah I stuck on the garden thing so my flowers don't die.  I haven't played in awhile, I should see what's new. I bought the game (and the 3DS) a year ago in three weeks.

If people don't play I will gladly take any pretty flowers.  :)

I joined an AC Facebook group again and people are selling orange cosmos for insane amounts. Those are so easy I think I'm going to sell mine and replace them with better things.

I launched the game for the first time in awhile, and it was snowing. I don't understand why that made me so happy, but I was instantly sucked back in.  December is definitely my favorite month in the game. 

If you have no qualms about changing your 3DS clock and how it might affect other games, check your activity log to see when you last played. Change your 3DS clock to that date or the day after and start up New Leaf. Enable the Beautiful Town ordinance and jump to the next day to ensure it's in effect. Also try to get pinged by one of your villagers to find out which one is moving. Might need to jump to the next day a couple times to find someone if you don't want anyone to leave. Once you've talked that villager out of moving and have Beautiful Town enacted, it's safe to jump to the present. No flowers or villagers be will gone. There will be some effects, however. Villagers will wonder where you've been, your mailbox will most likely be stuffed, you'll start up with bed head and probably have cockroaches in your house. Any dirt paths you've worn in the grass will probably be restored.
I actually do all this. Altho I go by memory!!! omg I can't believe I could of just checked the activity log...i didn't think of that! LOL

If people don't play I will gladly take any pretty flowers. :)

I joined an AC Facebook group again and people are selling orange cosmos for insane amounts. Those are so easy I think I'm going to sell mine and replace them with better things.
I might need to join..sell a few just so I can finally get that Bell gold medal.

I played this week - and got my town at least into November lol My sister caught me at a good time. We'll probably play again soon.

For some reason, I found myself with a digital copy of the game....so I started a new town on my other XL and spent a good 5 hours at work just walking in the snow and getting the very basics down once again. 

Don't know how long I'll be playing, or if I'll be firing up Gotham again (Arkham is long gone), but for now, I am content with my new town, Big MT. (It's a Fallout New Vegas location). 

I've been playing again, anytime I stop playing for more than a week one of the better villagers moves out instead of the trashy ones I don't like. I hope Boomer doesn't move out next, I love him.

To anyone still playing, I had a dumb bird move in on my only orange tree and would appreciate it is someone could get me some oranges. Not sure what I could pay in return but let me know and I'll try to scrounge it up.

To anyone still playing, I had a dumb bird move in on my only orange tree and would appreciate it is someone could get me some oranges. Not sure what I could pay in return but let me know and I'll try to scrounge it up.
If you want some oranges we can meet up. I don't need shit in return.

Thanks a bunch. I am off all this week so I can meet you whenever, just let me know a time. Friend code is 0301-9941-1735 if we are not friends already.
You wanna stop by in ten minutes? I'll check to see if we're friends.

I gave someone fruit, she only took 3 of each and gave me 2000 bells. I'm like "Take all 9 and I don't want your money". Literally it grows on trees and if a new villager moves in I have a stock pile in my locker of 9 of every fruit.

Played with my nephew again last night. He wanted me to see how far his museum had come. I gave him another million bells. Guess I am really done with AC now. The only times I have played since last summer have been to give him bells.

Didn't someone at Nintendo say that Animal Crossing is more a portal series? I thought I read that last year so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Yeah, they did say that. After they closed the Animal Crossing plaza on the WiiU more recently, though, here's what they said:

"We’re also going to continue posting news related to the series here in the Animal Crossing News Community, so stay tuned for more information about Animal Crossing next year!"

"By using amiibo in different forms, we are internally discussing the possibility of using amiibo with, for example, an “Animal Crossing” game and other games in some unique ways. I hope you look forward to our future announcements."

Those statement don't really mean or say much yet, though, so we'll see what happens.

For me, this year would be too soon for a new Animal Crossing.  I played Wild World for a couple years, but then only stuck with City Folk for a few months, largely because I still felt burned out on the formula.  Another knock was that City Folk required playing on the TV, while I could do things in WW while also watching TV.  The Wii U Gamepad would alleviate the tying up the TV issue, but I haven't stopped playing New Leaf yet.

For me, this year would be too soon for a new Animal Crossing. I played Wild World for a couple years, but then only stuck with City Folk for a few months, largely because I still felt burned out on the formula. Another knock was that City Folk required playing on the TV, while I could do things in WW while also watching TV. The Wii U Gamepad would alleviate the tying up the TV issue, but I haven't stopped playing New Leaf yet.
Well, another problem with City Folk is that it was too similar to the other games. They basically just rehashed the original AC and Wild World, added a city feature that no one cared about, put it on the Wii and called it a day. At least New Leaf felt like a legit sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first item is the Red Ogre Mask.  If you have SpotPass active, you should've received 2 letters in your game, with Pete attempting to give them to you when you start up a character.  The 1st one announced the item distribution, the 2nd announced the Red Ogre Mask.  I suspect the Blue Ogre Mask will be the item for the 2nd half of February.  Those items are given to players by Isabelle on February 3rd in Japanese games for Setsubun, or Bean Throwing Festival.  Similar to other holidays, non-Japanese players could've gotten these items by visiting a Japanese town on Feb 3rd and talking to Isabelle.

You need to go to the post office while in range of a Nintendo Zone hotspot.  You might be able to find zones at Best Buy, McDonalds, Starbucks or Home Depot, among other locations.  Since a 3DS system update late last year (October timeframe IIRC), the Nintendo Zone recognition has been broken for some players.  The 3DS might not show you are in a NZ, but you still might be able to download the item from within the game.  Right now, if you get an Aquarius Urn at the post office, you aren't in a NZ, that's the gift currently being given out for regular Internet connections.

It will be interesting to see which items Nintendo distributes.  According to Liquefy's invaluable FAQ on GameFAQs (section 24), there are 16 items in the Japanese version of the game that are given out by Isabelle on a holiday or appear in the Nookling / Able shops.  He also lists 19 Japanese DLC, like the 7/11 set, though I believe I saw the Buffet Server is currently being given out to European games.  There are also some shop items that I believe are locked out of US game carts, the General's Fan and Stool among them.  I don't remember off the top of my head how many of those there are, and a couple of them (Shogi Piece, Sushi Platter) have already been distributed as DLC to US games.

Anyone have any luck with these Japanese items from the Nintendo Zone. Been going to Best Buy and when I connect it says I already got the item, talking about the zodiac items, and says nice try mister. Am I doing something wrong? I'm supposed to go to the post office when at a Nintendo Zone right?

I don't know why but I spent $800,000 bells on a throne chair.

Also, I caught every fish! I'm one away from the diving collection (Spider crab in a week or so) and five away from the bug collection. The art collection is a different story.

Anyone have any luck with these Japanese items from the Nintendo Zone. Been going to Best Buy and when I connect it says I already got the item, talking about the zodiac items, and says nice try mister. Am I doing something wrong? I'm supposed to go to the post office when at a Nintendo Zone right?
That's how it should work, unless your Best Buy doesn't use Bestbuy as their SSID.

I don't actually go to Nintendo Zones - I use a spare router that has its SSID set to attwifi and check the post office in game and I've been able to get all Nintendo Zone DLC items that way. It's been a while since I tried using the Bestbuy SSID, but I'll try that one for the next giveaway to see if it still works.

If you don't have a spare router, you can just change your SSID temporarily, then change it back once you get the DLC.

It doesn't have to be unencrypted, but if you use encryption, you'll have to add it as a connection on your 3DS since the 3DS only connects automatically to unencrypted Nintendo Zone SSIDs. I usually delete my main connection either way, otherwise I'll get the "nice try" message.

These items sound nice, but at this point, it is just way too much work for me to decide what I don't want and sell off stuff to make room for the exclusive items. I'd be more interested if Animal Crossing if the inventory management wasn't so terrible. But I do appreciate that they're still willing to support the game month to month. Especially when compared to Pokemon's half-assed efforts where they only have 3-4 events and then expect you to buy the next game every year.

These items sound nice, but at this point, it is just way too much work for me to decide what I don't want and sell off stuff to make room for the exclusive items. I'd be more interested if Animal Crossing if the inventory management wasn't so terrible. But I do appreciate that they're still willing to support the game month to month. Especially when compared to Pokemon's half-assed efforts where they only have 3-4 events and then expect you to buy the next game every year.
Yea you've gotta give Nintendo credit for continuing to support this game, especially when more resources are going towards Wii-U these days.

Latest Nintendo Zone item is available, the Ogre wig.  It's an orderable item that can appear in Labelle's shop in the Japanese version of the game.

After having neglected my town for 8 months I decided to jump in again. SO. MANY. WEEDS. Should be fun to get everything in order once again. :)

Latest Nintendo Zone item is available, the Ogre wig. It's an orderable item that can appear in Labelle's shop in the Japanese version of the game.
I was finally able to get one yesterday (from the post office). :) I've been checking Labelle for that wig ever since I saw someone in my HHA Showcase wearing it since moridb didn't mention anything about it being exclusive to the Japanese version. I guess I wasted all that time checking. XD

It's probably the same for the circle banner that you can buy from Nooklings since I haven't seen it at all in my game, but I read on a gamefaqs post that someone got one in their non-Japanese game. The only one I've ever seen is custom in HHA showcase, so I couldn't order it. Hopefully, that's the next Nintendo Zone item.

I forgot to check if the Bestbuy SSID still worked when I got my wigs (I used attwifi), so I'll have to try it for the next one.

I have the circle banner cataloged, might've gotten it from a showcase house.  Also have the carp banner, though that's a Japanese holiday shop item.

Few online sources list out the items that are region exclusive regular items in the shops.  Some others I'm pretty sure are Japanese shop exclusive are the bilboquet, general's fan, general's stool, kokeshi doll, shogi piece, sushi platter and tokonoma.  The bilboquet, shogi piece and sushi platter have been released as DLC in North America, and can be ordered.  I lucked out and found a tokonoma in my showcase last week in a Japanese player's house.  That person also had all the 7-11 items, the yule log and turkey, but those can't be ordered.

I wonder if the items with the 7-11 logo would be released here.  The school supply furniture might, though I already have all of them.

The ceramic hot pot is the next Nintendo Zone DLC. It's another item that you can reorder from the catalog. I've had it from my HHA Showcase, but I'll probably try to get it using the Bestbuy SSID to see if that still works.

tumblr_inline_mf86k2stRY1rbok3x.png

EDIT: I tried the Bestbuy SSID and it didn't work. Usually, if the 3DS detects a Nintendo Zone SSID, it will show you have an internet connection even if you don't have any in your settings, but with my wi-fi set to Bestbuy, it didn't do that. When I tried to get the gift from the post office with my ID set to Bestbuy, it just gave a connection error, but it worked fine when i changed it back to attwifi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVlTsS8Iu9E

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Using the new Animal Crossing amiibo cards. This will bring me back to the game for sure. Comes out in the fall.

I don't understand, is it a separate 'game'? I thought it was going to be DLC to make New Leaf work with the cards. Now that I looked into it it's a separate 'game' in which you just design? I don't get the point of it.

I don't understand, is it a separate 'game'? I thought it was going to be DLC to make New Leaf work with the cards. Now that I looked into it it's a separate 'game' in which you just design? I don't get the point of it.
Looks like a separate downloadable game. The game itself looks pointless, but I really enjoy the games so I'll be forking over $$$ for this. Those amiibo cards better be reasonably priced. Or else this will get expensive quick. :whistle2:(

I also thought it was DLC, at first, but it seems to be a whole separate game. If it's DLC, I might be interested, but if it's a standalone game, I probably wouldn't buy it.

I never liked the idea of collecting amiibo in the first place just because I wouldn't know where to store them. Amiibo cards would be easier to store, but the whole thing just seems like the e-Reader all over again and I pretty much only remember ever using my e-Reader for the Eon Ticket in Pokemon. I might have had some more cards other than that one and also Mario Party-e, which I never opened, but it's not something I ever got a lot of use out of because there weren't a lot of cards available in stores. Or maybe there were cards, but not at a price I wanted to pay per (random) pack.

This is a pass for me. This should be a DLC thing which has new items and makes designing houses easier. Not only are you mayor but not you are designer! Then you can also piss off that rich bitch fashion woman too. :lol:

But being a separate game, no thank you, I'll save a ton of money on an over priced eReader and cards.

I'm curious how the new game will work. NFC cards with the N3DS/adapter for the O3DS is a money pit for any completionist (2hich most AC players are).

I really don't like how Nintendo is handling Amiibo figures. The cards are sure to be a cock-up, if they even hit stores outside of big cities or Amazon. 

like in mario party 10

buy our $50 game...

then buy 9 amiiboos for 9 x  $12.99 = $116.91 + tax and freight msrp to get all content.

=(

like in mario party 10

buy our $50 game...

then buy 9 amiiboos for 9 x $12.99 = $116.91 + tax and freight msrp to get all content.

=(
Especially since there isn't enough onboard storage on said Amiibos to use them for more than one game. So you'll need one for MP10 and one for SSBWiiU if you value saving data.

Why haven't they made an application for the wiiu/3ds that manages the save data hard locked to the serial # of the amiibo

bread's done
Back