Animated Shows On FOX

lmz00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Why are shows like King of the Hill and The Simpsons shown in 4:3 when they're clearly drawn in 16:9? They cover the edges with black bars, but the black bars don't fill the entire screen, so you can still see a thin line across the top where the animation continues.

Hopefully, people will know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, I guess I could take a picture.

They are not drawn in 16:9. The character are drawn off the edges by the animators because they have the real estate and for the actual photography. Plus those animations use a lot of recycled backgrounds that weren't imagined for widescreen. To redraw them would cost more money than it is worth.

What is ridiculous is that South Park released an HD version of 1 episode and never had another one.

[quote name='phreak5k']What is ridiculous is that South Park released an HD version of 1 episode and never had another one.[/quote]

:lol:

HD Southpark? What's the point?

South Park is all done in a vector format, first in CorelDraw, then in 3d Studio Max so South Park in HiDef is just a matter of re-rendering the video. The Fox stuff is hand drawn so depending on how the capture the animation they may have to start with re-shooting what has been drawn.

[quote name='camoor']:lol:

HD Southpark? What's the point?[/quote]

The higher resolution makes it look cleaner. I'm just annoyed that they created one episode for it, then never did another one.

[quote name='phreak5k']The higher resolution makes it look cleaner. I'm just annoyed that they created one episode for it, then never did another one.[/quote]

Yeah, and it looked FREAKING GREAT in HD... I want more HD South Park

bread's done
Back