Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
That and why would anyone even bother buying a bootleg? Seriously. "LOOK AT MY VAST COLLECTION OF FAKE GOODS THAT I HAVE SPENT MONEY ON!" is not something really worth bragging about. 

Thanks for all your help guys.

I think I'll try and get the individual volumes on eBay and hope for a low price.
Actually, GoHastings has many of the volumes for $1.86, and you can get 30% off that.

And if you want to save space, I recommend grabbing some empty multi-disc cases. The covers won't match unless you make your own, but you would be able to fit the Tokyo and Kyoto sagas in 3 cases.

Also, if you haven't already, get the manga. It is better.

Whenever the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie hits in the West on DVD/Blu, I'd suggest checking it out. I liked it a lot. I know it's been at a ton of cons so if you get a chance to see it, check it out.

Whenever the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie hits in the West on DVD/Blu, I'd suggest checking it out. I liked it a lot. I know it's been at a ton of cons so if you get a chance to see it, check it out.
I give it my recommendation, as well--I thoroughly enjoyed watching the film at Otakon, and I can't wait for it to get here! :bouncy:

That and why would anyone even bother buying a bootleg? Seriously. "LOOK AT MY VAST COLLECTION OF FAKE GOODS THAT I HAVE SPENT MONEY ON!" is not something really worth bragging about.
There are surprisingly people out there that just don't care.

I've sold some anime DVDs/BRs through Craigslist in the past and made sure to mention they're all legit copies. Got one guy that didn't care and his response to me mentioning they're legit copies was "what's the point as long as you can watch them?". :wall: Guess there are people out there that don't care about paying for an inferior quality bootleg of something.

I'd pick it up if someone actually localized it :p Same thing with the Phoenix Wright movie. Australia and some other regions got them, but I'm surprised that North America hasn't yet!

I've sold some anime DVDs/BRs through Craigslist in the past and made sure to mention they're all legit copies. Got one guy that didn't care and his response to me mentioning they're legit copies was "what's the point as long as you can watch them?". :wall: Guess there are people out there that don't care about paying for an inferior quality bootleg of something.
yeah but at that point why even bother paying at all, just go online and download them. I only buy new to support my favorite series and will never buy a bootleg of anything when i can just download the series in HD if i wanted to go that route.

Shit, if I want bootlegs I have a DVD burner. Why pay? Seriously.

One note on the Kenshin DVDs, you only need up to episode 62. The rest of the episodes are fillers and suck.
Episode 1 - 62 follow the manga all the way up to the Kyoto Arc. If you want to see the 3rd/Final arc then you will need to read the manga.

Well, the Tokyo arc also had a lot of fillers and the Raijuta arc had so much changed it might as well be a filler arc.

Oh, god that is so bootleg, it should have an eyepatch and shout ARRRRRRR!  And, yes, bootlegs generally have video quality equal to a 5th generation VHS copy, and almost always the sutitles are terrible, saying things like "Kenshin was hasing mobile sword monkey pants".   They quite often don't even have anything to do with what's being said.  I have all three seasons of the commercially released version of it, and you can have it for $100 ($20 less than I saw it for on Ebay).  It's only $40 more than buying the shitty ass bootleg.  Also, it includes some pretty damn hilarious outtakes.  N/m I paid too much for the collections to take that little for it, but I would let it go for $120, but I would ship it via first class, so it would get to you fast.

Oh, god that is so bootleg, it should have an eyepatch and shout ARRRRRRR! And, yes, bootlegs generally have video quality equal to a 5th generation VHS copy, and almost always the sutitles are terrible, saying things like "Kenshin was hasing mobile sword monkey pants". They quite often don't even have anything to do with what's being said. I have all three seasons of the commercially released version of it, and you can have it for $100 ($20 less than I saw it for on Ebay). It's only $40 more than buying the shitty ass bootleg. Also, it includes some pretty damn hilarious outtakes. N/m I paid too much for the collections to take that little for it, but I would let it go for $120, but I would ship it via first class, so it would get to you fast.
Thanks for the info and the offer. I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now. I realize its a great deal though.

Did you see it at otakon also? I thought it was amazing.

Anyone know if there's a difference between ADV's version of Casshan & Discotek's version?  Just wondering, since I can get the ADV SE version(dual audio, uncensored version) for $2 at a local comic book shop.

Thanks for the info and the offer. I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now. I realize its a great deal though.
Try this listing instead then. Comes with the official complete series (sealed, in fact) along with the Samurai X movies/OVAs. If you're lucky, you can get it for less than Gden is offering or even less than the bootleg listing.

You would be better off buying the singles. There is an eBay lot with the Tokyo arc for $22. Most of the volumes are under $1 on Amazon and goHastings has many of them under $2.

Anyone know if there's a difference between ADV's version of Casshan & Discotek's version? Just wondering, since I can get the ADV SE version(dual audio, uncensored version) for $2 at a local comic book shop.
What a tragedy it would be to drop a massive $2 on a disc that's likely not much different from the $15 version. :roll:

The one on eBay that you are looking at was done by FX. Which is probably the best bootleg you can get. It has the English dub and the subtitles done by Media Works. It is compressed a bit, but really not a bad transfer. I used to own that set till I bought the legit one. I'd offer them 50 and go from there.

What a tragedy it would be to drop a massive $2 on a disc that's likely not much different from the $15 version. :roll:
Was mainly asking to see if there was a difference like extras, if Discotek is using the edited version or if Discotek's used a better transfer.

Probably will just grab it anyway tomorrow, just so I have something to watch after I move.

Got my UK copy of Avatar The Last Airbender complete collection (dvd) and Blue Exorcist Part 1 (blu ray) from Amazon UK.  The Seiki SR212S had no problems playing either.  I watched two episodes of Blue Exorcist one dub and one sub and the player had no problems. Hopefully my order of Bakemonogatari which arrives in about two weeks will play without issues.

Are you telling me you paid the extortion level price for Blue Exorcist?  Are you made of money, and if so, can I plant you in my yard?  N/m I see it was from UK.  May look into getting one so I can pay the non ridiculous prices the UK pays for those shows.

Beat me to it, Nukem.

How is it, mxwise? Are you using a region free Blu Ray player or a PC Blu Ray player? I meant to do that a while back but I forgot due to my financial crisis which just got resolved (damn you late scholarship check). Might just go ahead grab it myself depending on how well it turned out for you. I been itching for Blue Exorcist for a while.

The blu ray player he talks about is an american one, but apparently, it can easily be changed to be the other regions.  It is also only about $50 refurbished.

Beat me to it, Nukem.

How is it, mxwise? Are you using a region free Blu Ray player or a PC Blu Ray player? I meant to do that a while back but I forgot due to my financial crisis which just got resolved (damn you late scholarship check). Might just go ahead grab it myself depending on how well it turned out for you. I been itching for Blue Exorcist for a while.
I'm using a region free player Seiki SR212S which I got from Sears for $60. I've only seen the first 2 episodes and the specials on disc one but it's working out great. I've got Bakemonogatari parts 1 and 2, Nisemonogatari part 1, and Madoka Magica (which I need to watch before deciding to buy or cancel) on order. Supposedly the UK will get a blu ray version of Gurren Lagann which will probably be significantly cheaper than what's available in the US. The savings on these sets have been worth the purchase of the player. I might buy another to add to my main tv.

I'm using a region free player Seiki SR212S which I got from Sears for $60. I've only seen the first 2 episodes and the specials on disc one but it's working out great. I've got Bakemonogatari parts 1 and 2, Nisemonogatari part 1, and Madoka Magica (which I need to watch before deciding to buy or cancel) on order. Supposedly the UK will get a blu ray version of Gurren Lagann which will probably be significantly cheaper than what's available in the US. The savings on these sets have been worth the purchase of the player. I might buy another to add to my main tv.
Very, interesting. I google'd and immediately hit this page: http://www.searsoutlet.com/d/inventory_details.jsp?cid=1196&pid=105725&mode=buyUsedOnly&to=cart&pn=1&ps=10&disp=sel&ffmChannelDelModeInApp=SPU&deals=No&itemSelectionType=&&zip=21742 (guessing yours in "reconditioned" too?)

I haven't messed with Sears Online is probably 4-5 years. Hoping they are at least decent. From the looks of it, I'll have to grab this online =S

EDIT: Seems I was wrong... they are store pickup only. Thankfully one is 5 minutes away from my University. I'll grab it on Monday. It was a floor model so here's hoping it works well.

The player I picked up was new. There were 3 new units left at the Sears closest to me, but this was about a month ago.
Ah, well. If the floor model is defective, I can always take it back. Got it on hold for me, will pick it up on Monday.

Is Queens Blade 3 delayed or something? I'd figure my Rightstuf order would have shipped by now since it's out next week.
Not to my knowledge.

Unfortunately there are still certain titles that even Rightstuf can't ship super early due to street date issues. Not everything is going to be open game and shipped way ahead of when it's supposed to be released, although that would be great, but in this case it's probably more of a hard street date.

My list of UK preorders is pretty much the same, although I also picked up Gyo on dvd for about $7.  I'm also impatient (and have bad timing) and preordered both of the Cowboy Bebop sets on blu ray before it had been announced that Funi picked up the rights.

On the topic of imports (though it's not anime) does anyone know a good place to pick up the Region 4 (Australia) releases of Dexter's Laboratory Season 1 and Season 2 part 1?  I haven't had very good luck so far in picking either of these up.

Got my UK copy of Avatar The Last Airbender complete collection (dvd) and Blue Exorcist Part 1 (blu ray) from Amazon UK. The Seiki SR212S had no problems playing either. I watched two episodes of Blue Exorcist one dub and one sub and the player had no problems. Hopefully my order of Bakemonogatari which arrives in about two weeks will play without issues.
I've imported both of manga's steelbook releases... but never thought about checking for aniplex releases. Feel pretty dumb for that one. May check back in a year of so at some of these releases to see if the price has dropped by then.

My list of UK preorders is pretty much the same, although I also picked up Gyo on dvd for about $7. I'm also impatient (and have bad timing) and preordered both of the Cowboy Bebop sets on blu ray before it had been announced that Funi picked up the rights.

On the topic of imports (though it's not anime) does anyone know a good place to pick up the Region 4 (Australia) releases of Dexter's Laboratory Season 1 and Season 2 part 1? I haven't had very good luck so far in picking either of these up.
Well, I'm tempted to preorder the Cowboy Bebop Sets from UK Amazon also still regardless. You at least have them much sooner.

It's a bootleg. $50? The fuck are you, out of your mind?
The man asked what the set was. I answered and when that set came out it was $89.00(yes for bootleg). The alternative was to spend four times as much for a legit version, which he already stated money was tight. I suggested an offer to make for something he knew was a bootleg...so question is why the fuck you meddling in the conversation?

The man asked what the set was. I answered and when that set came out it was $89.00(yes for bootleg). The alternative was to spend four times as much for a legit version, which he already stated money was tight. I suggested an offer to make for something he knew was a bootleg...so question is why the fuck you meddling in the conversation?
Because you posted on a public forum. If you didn't want anyone to call you out for displaying your extra chromosomes, you should have sent him a private message.

Cut out posting/discussing bootlegs anyways, last I knew that stuff leads to deleted/locked threads. It isn't stuff CAG supports, so everyone can drop it nicely and get this thread back on track.

Girls Und Panzer worth watching?

Anyone get the second Sword Art Online set yet? Set 1 I got 2 days after release, set 2 still isn't here... kind of worried it went to the wrong address because our postal carrier has been screwing up a lot recently.

Anyone get the second Sword Art Online set yet? Set 1 I got 2 days after release, set 2 still isn't here... kind of worried it went to the wrong address because our postal carrier has been screwing up a lot recently.
As a result of the massive power outage they had last week at their warehouse they will be shipping things that needs to be shipped starting tomorrow, and all throughout the week, so just keep an eye out for a shipping confirmation. They just got the power problem fixed on Friday, so things will start getting sent out soon.

What did you pay for SAO? If memory serves the prices made me cry...
I believe the American SAO prices are $90 a pop. On the other hand, Amazon UK has the first volume hitting in December (barebone releases, same amount of episodes) for $31. Hmm...

I'm not really into SAO. I liked the first few episodes that I've watched on TV but I might finish the rest on Hulu as I heard it really goes off the deep end when it hits the second half of the series.

I'm not really into SAO. I liked the first few episodes that I've watched on TV but I might finish the rest on Hulu as I heard it really goes off the deep end when it hits the second half of the series.

This is an understatement. And well before the second half, honestly.

bread's done
Back