Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll come back. I waits till all the waves available & pick all of them at the same time ;)
Tried that last year and one item was oos and i had to contact rightstuf bc one of the reps promised it to me but wasn't supposed to have bc it was the reg price one coming back into stock.

Nice to see the Eureka Seven movie on sale. Now if AO can just go on sale, I'll be able to finish that series off.
AO i heard was really bad and super expensive. I only own part 1 blu ray of the OG series in the LE box. If anything I'll pick up part 2 and the movie. Not gonna waste my time on AO.

TRSI is gonna have to wait. Just picked up Hellsing Ultimate for 25 shipped. Listing went up and 15 people were watching it. Had to swoop in before someone else takes it.

Dunno if the sale ever stopped, but FYE still has the S.A.V.E. Sets for $13-$18. And it's technically not anime, but they have the Korra DVD sets for $10 each.

Thanks everyone.  I'll probably figure out what between Blue Seed, Amagami SS+ (probably not getting this year), Princess Tutu, Clannad (I have After Story) and the movie, and Ranma 1/2 to get this year...with a decent backlog of other anime and possibly visual novel games to go with it.

The funny thing is that I bought Diamond Daydreams this morning before the sale.

Thanks everyone. I'll probably figure out what between Blue Seed, Amagami SS+ (probably not getting this year), Princess Tutu, Clannad (I have After Story) and the movie, and Ranma 1/2 to get this year...with a decent backlog of other anime and possibly visual novel games to go with it.

The funny thing is that I bought Diamond Daydreams this morning before the sale.
FYI, you don't need the Clannad movie if you get the series--it's animated differently and has a different ending.

Thanks everyone. I'll probably figure out what between Blue Seed, Amagami SS+ (probably not getting this year), Princess Tutu, Clannad (I have After Story) and the movie, and Ranma 1/2 to get this year...with a decent backlog of other anime and possibly visual novel games to go with it.

Amagami SS has a bluray version, and I assume SS+ will too.

Since Ranma seems to be flying off the shelves I ate the measly $3-4 shipping to get it. Nothing else really caught my attention.

Items with stock counters at start of sale updated with current availability.

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 63 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - 0 Left

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 0 Left

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - 0 Left

Mardock is Sentai, so I'm sure the Blus will be cheap enough via DeepDiscount on/around Black Friday. Between their sale prices and coupon codes, I normally buy any Sentai things I want from them during Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Amagami SS has a bluray version, and I assume SS+ will too.
True indeed. Guess it's best to wait on it for a few years and get the better edition I'd say.

I let Ranma go in the end, but finally had time to look at the 2013 sale prices (since I'm not at work) and figure it out. I still got an order for many of the small Bargain Bin items I wasn't leaving this sale without.

Ranma 1/2 is back in stock for the sale price. 79 left.

EDIT: Hmmm, either that flew off the shelves again, or it bugged out. I was able to add one to my cart and watch the stock go to 78 though.....weird.

I opted to buy the MEGA DEAL and two cheap items that I know wont get any lower at least I doubt. 

I best penny pinch because its day one of this very long sale and I have already blown over $50 lol

Quant Price      Item Code       Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
    1   $34.99 *         mega001 Date A Live DVD/Blu-ray Complete Seri
    1    $4.99 *         dddtbx1 Diamond Daydreams Complete Collection
    1   $12.99 *         dptt300 Princess Tutu DVD Complete Collection

* indicates items that are excluded from coupon discounts.

Shipping Description: Economy - Free

Tax Description: No Additional (Outside Iowa)

Vendor: Right Stuf Inc.
Total Amount: $52.97

Forgot that Mardock Scramble was Sentai. Holding out hope for that DeepDiscount/DVD Planet sale, even though I have a feeling I'll be spending a decent amount at Right Stuf too. 

Has Coppelion not been released on Bluray yet? I see a February 15th 2015 release date on Amazon, but I recall the commercials for it on Neon Alley well over a year ago. Was it held up or something, or is this a re-release?

I know it's easily overlooked but hatsukoi limited is on sale for $17.49. It rarely goes lower than $30. Well Section23 and Sentai filmworks are stubborn like that.

I'm hoping koihime musou ultimate collection goes on sale. Also yuru yuri but I doubt that one'll happen.

It's a nice little vanilla in my opinion.
i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Has Coppelion not been released on Bluray yet? I see a February 15th 2015 release date on Amazon, but I recall the commercials for it on Neon Alley well over a year ago. Was it held up or something, or is this a re-release?
Apparently not. Even the trailer on the Sailor Moon set was generic and voiceless.

Solid day for anime purchases all around. Got me Hellsing Parts 1 and 2. My copies of Naruto 8-10 finally shipped. My final copy of Naruto shipped and Hayao Miyazaki's honorary oscar speech was put on YouTube. Good day. 

In case anyone has problems ordering enough to qualify for free shipping, may I suggest the Blind Box items:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HPuNJhcRcl5KamIw6x/browse/item/88427/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HPuNJhcRcl5KamIw6x/browse/item/88429/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HPuNJhcRcl5KamIw6x/browse/item/88428/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HPuNJhcRcl5KamIw6x/browse/item/88813/4/0/0

I do a couple of the $1's and $5's just to see what I would get. One year I had a Voltron set included with my order while other times I had some girly titles which I don't remember by name.

Anyway nothing for me .... yet. 

Fyi to anyone that ordered Patema Inverted, the case is clear but does not have a Bluray logo on the top middle of it. Dunno if anyone cares but thought I'd pass the info along.

The big black friday ads are starting to come out. What are you guys looking to get a good deal on this holiday season? Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the bebop prices

Pretty much the only major release recently that I have missed and have a hard time getting at a decent price is Gargantia. Also hoping the Death Note Complete Series boxset goes on sale at RightStuf.

There are also some combo packs I would like to get if they weren't combo packs.

The big black friday ads are starting to come out. What are you guys looking to get a good deal on this holiday season? Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the bebop prices
Mostly Sentai titles for me(collection 2 of both Penguindrum and From The New World). I might bite on the Durarara box set when it goes on sale like usual.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet;Discotek is releasing Jin-Roh on blu-ray Jan 27th.

https://www.facebook.com/147168055312297/photos/a.196378827057886.55668.147168055312297/959705877391840/?type=1

Bebop, Champloo, Wolf Children, and the non Disney Ghibli blu rays (Grave of the Fireflies and Poppy Hill).

Turns out Half Price Books is a pretty good place to score anime. I only stopped in today because of their 40% off coupon. Brought my girlfriend along as well so I could get two things. Ended up finding Miami Guns Vol. 4. I knew there was something special about it because it stuck in my mind and ended up getting it for ~$18. Considering it sells for $75+, that's a great deal.

They also had Doomed Megalopolis which I thought was kind of cool.

Up on Poppy hill has been about $12.50 at least twice this year.
highly underrated and a great film from goro and hayao. loved it. that little breakfast song is so good.

Also no HPB near me sadly.

Hellsing Ultimate Collection 1 ships out tomorrow, Collection 2 should be here on the weekend assuming I see family this weekend, Naruto 8-10 are all en route and Shonen Jump 50 is also dispatched from Okinawa. Good good day.

Bebop, Champloo, Wolf Children, and the non Disney Ghibli blu rays (Grave of the Fireflies and Poppy Hill).
Bebop blu may be on sale. DVDs are as cheap as ever. If you really want Champloo look out on eBay for some people listing the Anime Classics version. I got mine for 12 bucks last February. Slightly used in that one of the discs has a scratch but it had the slipcover and did not reek of smoke.

My hpb had war on Gemini part 2 so I picked it up using the 40% coupon will go back again on Friday and pick up The 08th MS Team vol 4 using the 50% off coupon.
I ended up getting 08th MS Team Vol 4 for 5 bucks on Amazon. Had a lot of giftcards and credits. Volume 4 was by far the most expensive of the 4. Watching volume 3 right now and the story is dragging on. Why such useless romance subplot. Get back to the Vietnam Gundam action. It started so good. Hopefully it ends good. I'm really losing my patience at the fact of how stupid Shiro can be.

I ended up getting 08th MS Team Vol 4 for 5 bucks on Amazon. Had a lot of giftcards and credits. Volume 4 was by far the most expensive of the 4. Watching volume 3 right now and the story is dragging on. Why such useless romance subplot. Get back to the Vietnam Gundam action. It started so good. Hopefully it ends good. I'm really losing my patience at the fact of how stupid Shiro can be.
That was my biggest issue with the show. It really got bogged down with it. Then the ending which is good,and then they decide to ruin it with the extra episode.

Hey I take offense to that!

Anyone have any idea where to buy Fairy Tail: Part 1? I'm considering getting the series, but it seems that this one has gone OOP everywhere I have checked. I don't even see any on eBay; it's very odd. I want to get the individual parts rather than the collections so I'm not waiting forever in between releases, and I'd really prefer to not mix and match between the two.

Edit: Finally found the UPC, so I found one on eBay. Very good and no pic is almost certainly not something I'd be alright with, but I sent a message to inquire anyway.

bread's done
Back